• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

asian monk plowing through act 3 like a madman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRJjNbUgnU

same monk in a 4 player game also act 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5XTHkDkQQ

There's also that Metal Monk guy that streams, Newti

I don't think he's got 100k dps, but he uses a shield and he goes more for number of crits so he can get more of those whirlwind things. His stream is pretty fun to watch. He's got a really different style of play than any other monk I've seen, especially since he uses no LOH or regeneration stuff... except pickup radius. He basically blasts down one elite at a time and the ball that drops on each elite heals him to full, and he uses that to kill the next one. Pretty cool.

Also fun watching his "melee DH" where he took all his stuff from his monk and put it on his DH (with a few changes). He still destroys things.

scosher

Also, them healing to full after about 10 seconds of running back from the checkpoint is goddamned annoying. How do you guys solo this stuff sometimes? This is why I had solo farming...

That's why I always choose the last quest in Act 2 for Leia and Adria, and Siegebreaker quest in Act 3 for Tyrael. They can keep the mobs from regenning until you respawn. Of course, you still have 10 seconds to get them back in combat, but at least your rez timer doesn't cut that even shorter.

muahah picked this up for 24k
Screen%20shot%202012-07-05%20at%201.29.29%20PM.png

RDreamer

That's why I always choose the last quest in Act 2 for Leia and Adria, and Siegebreaker quest in Act 3 for Tyrael. They can keep the mobs from regenning until you respawn. Of course, you still have 10 seconds to get them back in combat, but at least your rez timer doesn't cut that even shorter.

Yeah, I probably should have grabbed Tyrael for that. Still, I kind of think duoing is the best way to farm in this game, if you have a good partner that balances things out.

scy

His stream is pretty fun to watch. He's got a really different style of play than any other monk I've seen, especially since he uses no LOH or regeneration stuff... except pickup radius. He basically blasts down one elite at a time and the ball that drops on each elite heals him to full, and he uses that to kill the next one. Pretty cool.

To be fair, Health Globes are actually a regen buff and not a potion effect so a single one does heal for a short time. He has enough mitigation to get destroyed instantly and his DPS is high enough that things die before damage from them is relevant. DPS Tanking like a champ, etc.

Ploid 3.0

I guess that's the takeaway... But I mean sometimes you screw up a little and die. It just sucks when you've got them down to 20% health, get frozen in a desecrator spot and then you have to redo the entire thing.

Separate the packs, kill one at a time. Drag the one that you managed to separate to a spawn point of yours. If you die you will be more likely to start where you left off from. If they cure to full oh well, at least it's still separated and more manageable than all at once. This is what I do now thanks to Kripparrian's vid.

http://youtu.be/UrLeWqyhWAE

Vodh

I think 1.0.3 spoiled me. After playing around with my Barb and Monk I find it so irritating to die it takes away quite a big chunk of pleasure from playing my Wiz... I guess the solution is to farm some tanky gear for the wiz on my barb.

Ploid 3.0

I think 1.0.3 spoiled me. After playing around with my Barb and Monk I find it so irritating to die it takes away quite a big chunk of pleasure from playing my Wiz... I guess the solution is to farm some tanky gear for the wiz on my barb.

Tank wiz is so much more satisfying than kite wiz to me. It's like a paladin. Though I mainly twister wizard now since it's very damaging and kills fast. I got lucky with my life on hit weapons, one with ~700dps 500loh + 10 ap on crit hit and the other with 800+ loh and 800something dps. Both for under 700k total, now wiz loh stuff is popular.

A few resistance questions.

If an item has all resistance plus another resistance on it, is it generally best to go for physical? I'm not 100% sure, but does basically anytime a monster is taking a swipe at you count as physical?

If you are attacking a pack that has reflect, what type of damage is being reflected back? Is it whatever damage type you have on your weapon?

Finally, not exactly sure what arcane resistance is. I have seen holy damage on weapons so is it protection from that or something else?

XLNC

I hate when you get a pile of ilevel 62 and 63s from an elite and the thing that's rare is the one level 55 weapon...

Yeah, I feel I've been pretty unlucky with this as well. I've been keeping track of how many rares I've found the past few days farming act 3 and and of the 400+ I've found only 10-11% are ilvl 63. :(

ThinFinn

Why not crit damage the slot? 190 is nothing.

My friend is using them at the moment and he chose to gem life on hit.

You just answered your own question.

Thank you, sir.

I really don't get the point of asking. If AH is down, then it's unlikely anybody here will give you a very accurate amount on the price and if the AH is down, why even bother anyhow as you can't list it.

Having said all that, it looks to be a REALLY nice piece of equipment and when you do sell it, you'll be rich!

Well, i was assuming some of our monk friends might be able to provide some advice.

I just wanted to be sure and not undersell, given it's decent rolls and dps.

Well, i was assuming some of our monk friends might be able to provide some advice.

Yeah sorry wasn't really intending to call you out specifically, just seems that we get so many price check requests and a good chunk of them are pretty easily searched on the AH(when it is up of course).

ThinFinn

Well, typically that advice comes from checking the AH :x

I did check the AH before posting here. I asked to confirm the price since there weren't many samples in the AH to give me an accurate one. Guess i trust gaf more than the AH.

Yeah sorry wasn't really intending to call you out specifically, just seems that we get so many price check requests and a good chunk of them are pretty easily searched on the AH(when it is up of course).

I understand. My bad if it annoyed anyone.

GAF, did I just rip someone off by millions?
Q54pV.jpg

Yes. Probably missed a couple of zeros there.

My friend is using them at the moment and he chose to gem life on hit.

Thank you, sir.

I play crit/dmg monk and i would pay 5-7.5 million for it. Almost won this today it went for 2.4mill

Obviously it has a socket and more dex so probably 7.5-10 million will defintely go for that.
Screen%20shot%202012-07-05%20at%2011.52.56%20AM.png

Trickster

I got bashiok in an inferno game right now.

If anyone on the EU servers has rakanishu's blade and wanna help me get the achievement and get it yourself, add scwasp#2474

I'm in the middle of an act 2 clear, so will be in the game a while longer.

Bah, was doing ok in inferno until I just got to the butcher. That wide angle shot of his is mashing me up. I guess it's about time I worked out what sort of a spec I should be using instead of just sticking with what I've used most of the game.

Blech, time for some reading.

Weapons

I got bashiok in an inferno game right now.

If anyone on the EU servers has rakanishu's blade and wanna help me get the achievement and get it yourself, add scwasp#2474

I'm in the middle of an act 2 clear, so will be in the game a while longer.

Too bad you are not in the US server. I have been looking for that guy for ages

Bah, was doing ok in inferno until I just got to the butcher. That wide angle shot of his is mashing me up. I guess it's about time I worked out what sort of a spec I should be using instead of just sticking with what I've used most of the game.

What are you playing as? I initially had some problems against him with my DH. I found running with Shadow Power/Gloom worked well because I was able to take the hit from it and then either heal up via potion or the two health pools in the room afterwards.

Ramirez

What class? It's worth noting, the multiple arrow shot comes directly after a charge. He might bug out on a charge sometimes and do it on other occasions, but it's usually right after the charge.

inky

Got 1 Legendary and 2 Set items on my first run today. I've got all of those before at least 3 times now lol. For as much as they are supposed to be "rare" it feels like it is actually easier to get any of those specific items during a run than something remotely usable.

Why would anyone buy this for milions ?

I don't know if millions, but probably something close to a million. It's a good all around item for a tanky Barb. Maybe not for farming, but for progressing at least.

What class? It's worth noting, the multiple arrow shot comes directly after a charge. He might bug out on a charge sometimes and do it on other occasions, but it's usually right after the charge.
Wizard. I'm guessing it's probably supposed to be one of the easier fights for the class. :D

That sounds more resonable :)

I tried to sell +120 int/+200 vit +400LOH + 50% crit dmg amulet for as low as 8 milions bid/15 milions buyout and noone wanted it.

In the end i decided I'll instead build my Witch Doctor around it ;)

XLNC

Yeah, I feel I've been pretty unlucky with this as well. I've been keeping track of how many rares I've found the past few days farming act 3 and and of the 400+ I've found only 10-11% are ilvl 63. :(

... and the shit luck continues. 31 rares from the beginning of act 3 up to Ghom and only 1 ilvl 63.

Rufus

WTF is this? So I guess it makes no sense to you to be using a +15% attack speed quiver over a +12% one?
14% and 15% quivers are extremely prevalent, it's near as makes no difference if you search for the other stats you want. Not being able to search for damage on sources and WD offhands is another matter (and still annoying), because the range is huge.

LOL.

Anustart

Bah, found an 18% mf ring, looked on rmah for mojos and found a great one for 3$, but sadly selling the ring would have only netted 2$ and change :/

14% and 15% quivers are extremely prevalent, it's near as makes no difference if you search for the other stats you want. Not being able to search for damage on sources and WD offhands is another matter (and still annoying), because the range is huge.

LOL.
Not sure if the same holds true for sources, but for the WD offhands, just look at the snake ones as they are the top level so they'll have the highest damage ranges. Of course this is assuming you've already entered your other criteria to whittle down the list.

I don't have a Wizard, but I would assume you would just want to activate diamond skin after a charge to absorb the dmg. The single hook is pretty easy to avoid.

Yeah, was pretty much doing that but was taking an eternity to get his damage down and for some reason my cooldown wasn't ready at times, probably because I wasn't hitting enough to get the reduce cooldown proc.

balddemon

Banned
... and the shit luck continues. 31 rares from the beginning of act 3 up to Ghom and only 1 ilvl 63.

if you're going to take stats of your item drops, count the whites, grays, and blues too. act is like 16% ilvl 63 for all items, not just rares

Rufus

Not sure if the same holds true for sources, but for the WD offhands, just look at the snake ones as they are the top level so they'll have the highest damage ranges. Of course this is assuming you've already entered your other criteria to whittle down the list.
I know. Doesn't really help, because of the sheer number of them. You'll still be looking through entire pages. At least I was, last time I checked. Haven't touched (or geared) my WD in ages.

I know. Doesn't really help, because of the sheer number of them. You'll still be looking through entire pages. At least I was, last time I checked. Haven't touched (or geared) my WD in ages.
Same here. In my case I just got to a point where I felt that I couldn't keep up with the other classes so he's sat stagnant for a few weeks now. I enjoy playing my DH a lot more.

Woo-Fu

Banned

It isn't that hard to narrow it down.

Search on:

Max mana regen
Max crit chance

That will limit it to only the highest level mojos since the lower level stuff can't get max rolls on those stats.

XLNC

if you're going to take stats of your item drops, count the whites, grays, and blues too. act is like 16% ilvl 63 for all items, not just rares

I know, but unless the %chance of an item to drop as a rare is different for every ilvl it should still be the same, no?

A few resistance questions.

If an item has all resistance plus another resistance on it, is it generally best to go for physical? I'm not 100% sure, but does basically anytime a monster is taking a swipe at you count as physical?

If you are attacking a pack that has reflect, what type of damage is being reflected back? Is it whatever damage type you have on your weapon?

Finally, not exactly sure what arcane resistance is. I have seen holy damage on weapons so is it protection from that or something else?
Anybody? Perhaps I should throw a random 2 stat item for a price check in with the other questions if I want it answered. ;)

Rufus

It isn't that hard to narrow it down.

Search on:

Max mana regen
Max crit chance

That will limit it to only the highest level mojos since the lower level stuff can't get max rolls on those stats.
I don't think I'll ever touch my WD again, haha. But if that search doesn't produce several pages of Kurastian Asps then that's great.

Opiate

Anybody? Perhaps I should throw a random 2 stat item for a price check in with the other questions if I want it answered. ;)

1) For most classes, yes, physical is best. Any basic auto attack from monsters is physical to the best of my knowledge.

2) I do not know the answer to this question.

3) Arcane and holy resist are exactly the same, yes.

Well guys, I think the shield worked out for me in the end.

bd762.jpg

Recap: Yeap, I would've loved to keep this shield if Block% was higher. Alas, I had to sell it! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom