• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Well guys, I think the shield worked out for me in the end.

bd762.jpg

Recap: Yeap, I would've loved to keep this shield if Block% was higher. Alas, I had to sell it! :(

50 of 50 item limit...

GJS

Can't even sell this on the AH for 1.5 mil any more, didn't get a single bid. It served me well as an offhand all the way through inferno.

dreadshear.png

So quick question.

I've been playing 80 hours now, running around in Act 2 Inferno after being fed up with farming in Act I / Butcher runs.
I've been farming with a +200MF gear yet I couldn't find anything of value. Nothing I could sell for a reasonable good price in the AH (some pity 25k-50k sells, but thats a long time back, the last few weeks I haven't sold anything), nor anything I could use. My complete gear has been bought in AH including the alternate MF gear. I haven't found a single set or legendary since I started the game. The only found thing I use is an +200 dex +120 Vitality amulet (playing as Monk). Is this normal?

Does MF even effect the quality of what I find? Because honestly I can't make out a difference, Nephalem Buff seems to be the only deciding factor it seems. Since I raked up a lot of gems I decided to make money by upgrading them. Is this even a financialy reasonable thing to do?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
DerZuhälter;39546860 said:
So quick question.

I've been playing 80 hours now, running around in Act 2 Inferno after being fed up with farming in Act I / Butcher runs.
I've been farming with a +200MF gear yet I couldn't find anything of value. Nothing I could sell for a reasonable good price in the AH (some pity 25k-50k sells, but thats a long time back, the last few weeks I haven't sold anything), nor anything I could use. My complete gear has been bought in AH including the alternate MF gear. I haven't found a single set or legendary since I started the game. The only found thing I use is an +200 dex +120 Vitality amulet (playing as Monk). Is this normal?

Does MF even effect the quality of what I find? Because honestly I can't make out a difference, Nephalem Buff seems to be the only deciding factor it seems. Since I raked up a lot of gems I decided to make money by upgrading them. Is this even a financialy reasonable thing to do?

MF doesn't effect the quality of loot. You just have to get 5 stacks and just farm elite packs. Here's my current route
Act 2 inferno

Go to Sewers for a fast elite pack
Go to Path to the Oasis, enter the dungeon right next to the WP. Kill the first elite pack.
Go to Black Canyon Mines and clear it out for 1-3 elite packs (small area)
Go to Road to Alcarnus and head east into Alcarnus for 1-2 elite packs in a small area.
Go to Desolate sands and search for Vault of the Assasin. Enter any other dungeons you find on your way there. I usually find 2-3 packs in Desolate sands and 6-8 packs in Vault of the Assasin.

If you end the game in Vault of the Assasin, then resume, you will spawn there right next to the entrance. Just start out by going up to desolate sands. That way the vault will be much easier to find since the entrance shows up on your map.

Each run takes about 20-25 minutes. I can always go on around 3-4 runs without finding anything worthwhile but you'll eventually find something decent. Put on some music or watch something on twitch.tv on your second monitor if you have one.

Rufus

Each run takes about 20-25 minutes. I can always go on around 3-4 runs without finding anything worthwhile but you'll eventually find something decent. Put on some music or watch something on twitch.tv on your second monitor if you have one.
Podcasts. I don't actually play the game if I don't have one lined up.

Can anyone suggest a good place to farm gold (Hell)? I don't really want to try doing it in Inferno as my repair costs have been painful. :D

RDreamer

Insane day of farming for me today. I got a Hellcat Waistgard and a Natalya's Mark!!! I'm kind of thinking about buying cheaper versions of the rest of nat's set to get the bonus 2 disc per second, and then wearing the waistgard too and just go out discipline build. I'm pumped.

Also got a few good other rares.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Insane day of farming for me today. I got a Hellcat Waistgard and a Natalya's Mark!!! I'm kind of thinking about buying cheaper versions of the rest of nat's set to get the bonus 2 disc per second, and then wearing the waistgard too and just go out discipline build. I'm pumped.

Grats on the Nats. I found the boots the other day, but don't plan on using or selling them anytime soon. I can lend you the boots if you just want to try out the disc build. Just remember to give them back before you quit playing, lol.

RDreamer

Grats on the Nats. I found the boots the other day, but don't plan on using or selling them anytime soon. I can lend you the boots if you just want to try out the disc build. Just remember to give them back before you quit playing, lol.

I might take you up on that offer, actually, that way I don't have to throw down the gold for 3 pieces at once and then find out I'm terrible with the build, lol.

There was someone else here running with that set. Any thoughts on how it's going?

I just wonder if I'm better off taking the 40 million gold for the ring and spreading things out a bit over my 2 characters.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I might take you up on that offer, actually, that way I don't have to throw down the gold for 3 pieces at once and then find out I'm terrible with the build, lol.

One of the good things about the value of the nats gear is that if you find that you don't like it, you can sell it back for near the same price that you bought it.

Another quick question... does the damage tooltip take into account +crit properly? Obviously it wont cover things like reducing cooldowns etc but I just want to be sure I'm not replacing something which is actually better. :)

RDreamer

What's really odd about the Nat's ring I got is that it came from off the minion of an elite, not the elite himself. We killed the elite and then had a few minions left. Those 2 dropped stuff too. One dropped that ring and the other dropped a rare.

One of the good things about the value of the nats gear is that if you find that you don't like it, you can sell it back for near the same price that you bought it.

Or possibly more. I've noticed the value on it going up slowly, especially the chest piece with discipline (not that I can afford the chest piece with discipline on it)

Another quick question... does the damage tooltip take into account +crit properly? Obviously it wont cover things like reducing cooldowns etc but I just want to be sure I'm not replacing something which is actually better. :)

Yes it does.

RDreamer

I'm super happy today aside from the drops. I was able to change my build on my monk a bit so I was way more dps. I traded in my LOH and resistance amulet for an ourobouros with a metric ton of dex and just slightly less LOH than what I had. That gave me enough crit chance to run with Sweeping Wind > Cyclone. That mixed with Conviction > Overawe was insane. I farmed with a wizard and a witch doctor in act 3 and we just annihilated everything. Super fun. I died a bit more than my tank build did, but it was a great change of pace. And I'm not that much squishier.

I am having a ton of trouble trying to replace my bracers with something with crit chance on it. I don't want to give up too much defense.

HenryHSH

Seems there's a new way to remove auctions... Last 10 minutes of an item on the auction house (it was about 10M under it's actual worth) and the item suddenly has 0 gold bid and can't be bid on anymore. Bidding says the item no longer exists... What the fuck?

Still says 8 minutes left on auction... And it's still listed but I'm not winning. Bid is 0 and buyout is N/A. -_-

Xanathus

Woot an elite just dropped an Exalted Grand Pallium plan, they seem to be selling for 11 mil right now. Are they worth crafting?

Ploid 3.0

lol at this Justice Lantern farming troll.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6020283123?page=1

I'd laugh if it was actually legit.

I don't care, I'm going to try it anyway. I tried just about everything else, why not!.. crap please don't screw me, ok nvm I'm going to wait until someone from gaf gets one. I'll be farming them to use actually. More block for my straight tank no twisters wizard.

Edit: Ok reading more of the thread people seem to be joking a lot in it, so bah. Back to not playing.

I don't care, I'm going to try it anyway. I tried just about everything else, why not!.. crap please don't screw me, ok nvm I'm going to wait until someone from gaf gets one. I'll be farming them to use actually. More block for my straight tank no twisters wizard.

I would love a JL but they're not posting any SS proof, most likely fake.

Had this drop for me awhile back:

I85PC.jpg

Would be alot nicer with a good 4th stat instead of Dex, but I still haven't seen anything on the AH as of yet with comparable stats.

What would you estimate it at? So far, it disappointingly but unsurprisingly hasn't sold for the $185 I put it up for on the RMAH yet.

KePoW

Banned
Had this drop for me awhile back:

I85PC.jpg

Would be alot nicer with a good 4th stat instead of Dex, but I still haven't seen anything on the AH as of yet with comparable stats.

What would you estimate it at? So far, it disappointingly but unsurprisingly hasn't sold for the $185 I put it up for on the RMAH yet.

That's because you're probably overlooking the 10% block rate. That is absolutely horrible for a shield, and you'll be lucky to sell it for much at all.

BigDug13

Yeah I don't touch shilelds that are not at least 20% block rate, prefer at least 25%. With a 10% block rate, you're better off just putting a second weapon in your offhand.

RDreamer

Yeah I don't touch shilelds that are not at least 20% block rate, prefer at least 25%. With a 10% block rate, you're better off just putting a second weapon in your offhand.

Eh, that depends on the class and on the build. For a barb, yeah you're right. For a monk, though, that percentage doesn't mean a whole helluva lot. I mean it's nice to get 20, but if you get boss stats on somethings with a bit less you should go for it. I say this because as a monk you're dodging half or more (typically probably 60%) of the time. That means you only have a chance to block 40-50% of the time. So you can essentially cut that number in half. Suddenly the difference between a 20 and a 16 is 10 and 8. Not too huge. And for monks and certain builds crit chance is very key. A shield can give you 9 or 10 crit chance. Another weapon cannot. Sure you can get crit damage, but if you want more cyclones you'll want more chance, not damage.

I don't mean to say grab a 10% block shield and think you're fine. But if you can make up for that block percentage with some great affixes, then go for it. Personally I'm running with a 14% shield on my monk now, but it gives me like 120 resists, 130 dex, and 9 crit chance. There's no way in hell I'd be able to find a sacred shield with 20% block and those stats unless I'm loaded. And I really don't notice the difference since running with a 20% beforehand.

Realyn

Worth nothing right now. Follower damage from skills scale of players weapon damage, besides I only know WD's using a templar. And well ... they simple get revived.

eek5

Worth nothing right now. Follower damage from skills scale of players weapon damage, besides I only know WD's using a templar. And well ... they simple get revived.

That's not true. Only some follower skills scale on your weapon damage. I've sold some 200 str items for something as well so it isn't completely worthless. I've found that most follower items w/ 200 relevant base stat will be worth something.

Can't recall off the top of my head right now but something like that relic is easy to price on your own. Just search for 200 str and vit (no value) and undercut everyone lol.

zulux21

are there any monks around level 46 that need a new helm... I can't really get anything for this but it could be a decent upgrade for a level 46

GEJUs.png

edit: I should mention, I plan to give it away for free not ask for any money :p

Rufus

Inferno Diablo down. Not sure what to do now.

Gonna keep farming a while, try to make back the money I spent on the game. Might as well stop right now, but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom