• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking this up tonight (Yeah I know i'm late to the party) I used to play WoW but as I quit I refused to pick up the annual pass to get it for free. Found it for £25 in the end so not too bad a price I didn't feel.

Is there anything I should know on first play through?

I'm assuming that it should run fine on my machine got 8GB RAM, i5 2500K with 560ti card. Will I need to tone any settings down do you think?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I'd upgrade the chest first.

Just ran through act 3 with no chest and barely noticed a difference, so yeah, guess I should replace that, heh. Thought that without the movement speed boost I'd have a lot more trouble with fast mobs but I killed a pack of soul ripper elites no problem. I guess it would probably make a bigger difference if your stuff is a lot shittier than mine is, like it was a month ago when I bought it. Guess I can still swap in my flavor of time when I feel like I need more movement speed.

Switftlame

Neo Member
Just ran through act 3 with no chest and barely noticed a difference, so yeah, guess I should replace that, heh. Thought that without the movement speed boost I'd have a lot more trouble with fast mobs but I killed a pack of soul ripper elites no problem. I guess it would probably make a bigger difference if your stuff is a lot shittier than mine is, like it was a month ago when I bought it. Guess I can still swap in my flavor of time when I feel like I need more movement speed.

i dont really see why u would need more then 12 ms anyway

equil

ae0Gc.png

My Helm of Commands are finally becoming profitable.

Totakeke

So odd, I've not sold anything on the auction house for days. Even the stuff I've underpriced. =/

Yup. The AH with the neverending influx of items was never sustainable in the first place. The way Blizzard handled things certainly didn't help to slow down the process.

I just got to act 3 inferno on my no AH barb(farmed the fuck out of her equipment /w my DH tho), and damn, despite all my luck with the godlike Barb loot I still get rolled on by frozen mobs + arcane sentry.

I've got 10k armor buffed with enchantress, and around 9.5k with a two passive buffs for armor. I still die hella fast to arcane sentries and shit. My LOH is pathetic, but the best I've got is some crappy 200 LOH amulet with mediocre rolls that I found ages ago. Still contemplating if I should invest actual gold in my Barb, or just keep pumping it into my DH.

Zzoram

Market saturation will drive down prices to the point where more casual players will finally be able to get good gear. That will allow them to farm inferno too, accelerating the market saturation.

We won't be seeing ridiculous RMAH profits until the expansion adds a higher tier of items nobody has yet.

Zzoram

I just got to act 3 inferno on my no AH barb(farmed the fuck out of her equipment /w my DH tho), and damn, despite all my luck with the godlike Barb loot I still get rolled on by frozen mobs + arcane sentry.

I've got 10k armor buffed with enchantress, and around 9.5k with a two passive buffs for armor. I still die hella fast to arcane sentries and shit. My LOH is pathetic, but the best I've got is some crappy 200 LOH amulet with mediocre rolls that I found ages ago. Still contemplating if I should invest actual gold in my Barb, or just keep pumping it into my DH.

If you pop wrath of berzerker you're immune to crowd control effects for a few seconds so if your DPS is high enough, you can ignore Frozen and just win ASAP. You can dodge arcane sentry.

Yeah, dodging is a must now, back in act 1/2 I just stood there hacking away while in the middle of all sorts of crap. My DPS is pretty pathetic, I think. I'm using a 1hander 900dps with 84 crit, no loh. I think I'm gonna start bidding on stuff for my barb, haha.

Fistwell

Hi there.
Looking for a cple of people to play coop with. I'm still only playing inferno-Act1, tanky monk or squishy glass-cannon DH. I'm on NA server, but located in Western Europe (playing evenings yuro-time, afternoon ET).
Battletag:

Fistwell#2157

See you guys online.

MedIC86

Well all my friends havent been online for 2 weeks in Diablo, im playing on and off myself lately. That was it i guess, so much for all the years of waiting :p

Sarcasm

I got the annual pass deal....and I got the 6 month plan which runs out in like a week..what happens if I cancel the sub for wow?

Woo-Fu

Banned
More like patch 1.0.3 hotfix which doubled amount of high lvl stuff dropping in game

Just accelerated the inevitable while adding some fun back into the game. One of the best trade-offs the decision makers at Blizzard have made recently.

I still sell just about everything I put on the AH. It is just a matter of being selective about what you try to sell in the first place.

lionelhutz

I just started Act III of my first play through last night and I have some questions on what happens when I finish the game. I'm playing on Normal with a Monk. Do all the higher difficulties open after I beat the game? Is my stash available for new characters, or is it limited to the Monk? Is it recommended to go through the higher difficulties with my current character? And any general tips for the higher difficulties?

eek5

Ran into one of the best combos earlier

lCeCr.jpg

Can't get close because of debuff. Can't run away because of mortar/nightmare. So good.

So is buying gear for act 2/3 less costly or more costly in gold compared to the first and second drop rate percentages last month?

For progression it's way cheaper now. To farm a3 it's about the same depending on your build

I still sell just about everything I put on the AH. It is just a matter of being selective about what you try to sell in the first place.
This is with being very selective. I'm vendoring stuff which I would have used this time three days ago (used and been excited about!).

I've probably vendored some godly shields too... I have no idea what's good. :D

J0dy77

I finished up power leveling my Barb last night, took me 15 hours with the last 5 hours or so coming from 50-60 with a lot of messing around. (I actually had to stop and learn how to play the class towards the end of hell. I couldn't just Sprint/Leap/Cleave may way through everything).

I'm giving away a bunch of the gear I used to power level. Figured I could save a fellow Gaffer the headache of having to weed through the AH. Dumping enough gems in these items will get you to 50 in 10 hours easy.

Free to a good home, if anyone was thinking about leveling a barb let me know and it's yours.

Untitled.png

(Note: Screenshot doesnt show everything, have some more items on another page I'm giving away as well).

Erehael

Neo Member
Damn, I forgot to add a couple of zeros to the minimum bid. I intended to set it to 35'000'000 but set it to 350'000 instead.
Current bid is 700k something....

Someone please tell me I won't regret that.. It'll end at 11pm tomorrow, so the timing is not too bad.
EU AH if someone is interested.

Hnv1a.png

GJS

Are you guys still in general chat or anything? I presume that's how they add people, as it shows everyone in chat under the quick chat option. I've only had a few whispers from them.

Sarcasm

I finished up power leveling my Barb last night, took me 15 hours with the last 5 hours or so coming from 50-60 with a lot of messing around. (I actually had to stop and learn how to play the class towards the end of hell. I couldn't just Sprint/Leap/Cleave may way through everything).

I'm giving away a bunch of the gear I used to power level. Figured I could save a fellow Gaffer the headache of having to weed through the AH. Dumping enough gems in these items will get you to 50 in 10 hours easy.

Free to a good home, if anyone was thinking about leveling a barb let me know and it's yours.

(Note: Screenshot doesnt show everything, have some more items on another page I'm giving away as well).

Sent you a PM.

eek5

Are you guys still in general chat or anything? I presume that's how they add people, as it shows everyone in chat under the quick chat option. I've only had a few whispers from them.

I haven't been in general chat since they removed autojoin right before RMAH hit. I still get those shitty friend requests.

scosher

Damn, I forgot to add a couple of zeros to the minimum bid. I intended to set it to 35'000'000 but set it to 350'000 instead.

Someone please tell me I won't regret that.. It'll end at 11pm tomorrow, so the timing is not too bad.

Hnv1a.png

You won't regret it. The bids are low cause there's no point in putting your max bid until last 10-30 min (or even last 2 min).

When your item is that good, it gets more noticed with a low buyout, and the best thing you want is a bunch of people competing for it.

Deadly

Hnv1a.png
I made the same mistake on the exact same roll :lol Minimum was 1.3mil for me and it got to 3.5mil. If people are smart they'll only start bidding at the end so good luck.

DSmalls84

Looking at some sources now and see:

88-337 dmg
80 int
11%mf
7 AP on crit
Socket

Worth 1 mil? Compared to the others I see seems like a fair deal.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Hnv1a.png

Wow, that would be right up my alley (melee crit wizard here)! Though I have no idea how much it would be worth. Probably a decent amount considering the nice stat combo. For my build this is pretty much exactly the combo I want because I need high crit%, high crit dmg, high intel (obviously), LOH and IAS for faster crits.

You wouldn't happen to pay on the EU servers, would you?

Bradach

Picking this up tonight (Yeah I know i'm late to the party) I used to play WoW but as I quit I refused to pick up the annual pass to get it for free. Found it for £25 in the end so not too bad a price I didn't feel.

Is there anything I should know on first play through?

I'm assuming that it should run fine on my machine got 8GB RAM, i5 2500K with 560ti card. Will I need to tone any settings down do you think?

You'll comfortably get 60fps with everything maxed at 1080p. Your PC is veryu similar to mine. Have you settled on a first character?

When it comes to DH, if you are using SS, are you better off not getting a crit chance %, or do you want to increase that?

Also, this stupid Gibbering gemstone is pissing me off, I have run the Caverns Of Frost like 20 times and still no luck. Anyone got any tips or do I just need to keep trying until I find it?

scy

When it comes to DH, if you are using SS, are you better off not getting a crit chance %, or do you want to increase that?

Also, this stupid Gibbering gemstone is pissing me off, I have run the Caverns Of Frost like 20 times and still no luck. Anyone got any tips or do I just need to keep trying until I find it?

You use SS until you get your base Crit Chance up. SS is kind of a wasted slot as it's making up for gear deficiencies rather than actually boosting your damage.

Erehael

Neo Member
Wow, that would be right up my alley (melee crit wizard here)! Though I have no idea how much it would be worth. Probably a decent amount considering the nice stat combo. For my build this is pretty much exactly the combo I want because I need high crit%, high crit dmg, high intel (obviously), LOH and IAS for faster crits.

You wouldn't happen to pay on the EU servers, would you?

It is in fact up in the EU AH right now ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, making me feel better. The min bid always felt kinda like a safety net to me...

kmc

It took me a while too. The mob you need will be burrowed so make sure you are walking around every little corner and hiding spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom