• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Wouldn't nightmare be a bit low for gold, or doesn't it matter too much?

a bit late... but stack gold find, pickup radius, and move speed. Watch the gold roll in! Oh, and be sure to turn off your pickup potions option as well as set your loot table to pickup only rings, amulets, and legendaries.

kennah

I finished up power leveling my Barb last night, took me 15 hours with the last 5 hours or so coming from 50-60 with a lot of messing around. (I actually had to stop and learn how to play the class towards the end of hell. I couldn't just Sprint/Leap/Cleave may way through everything).

I'm giving away a bunch of the gear I used to power level. Figured I could save a fellow Gaffer the headache of having to weed through the AH. Dumping enough gems in these items will get you to 50 in 10 hours easy.

Free to a good home, if anyone was thinking about leveling a barb let me know and it's yours.

(Note: Screenshot doesnt show everything, have some more items on another page I'm giving away as well).

Damn! I'm levelling a barb that is level 36, lol.

DSmalls84

ok, i'll get my own i suppose. There's lots of great items in there right? Is it worth the effort / cost to get the staff?

I got the Hell staff and ran it a few times and didn't really get any good loot. I eventually just started running Inferno Act 1 and haven't upgraded to the Inferno Staff (guessing none of my characters are geared enough.) It's a pretty cool easter egg, but I don't really see myself running it a ton. If gold isn't an issue for you why not, but if your gold is tight then you might not find it worth the 2 mil or so it takes to upgrade it fully.

Bradach

I got the Hell staff and ran it a few times and didn't really get any good loot. I eventually just started running Inferno Act 1 and haven't upgraded to the Inferno Staff (guessing none of my characters are geared enough.) It's a pretty cool easter egg, but I don't really see myself running it a ton. If gold isn't an issue for you why not, but if your gold is tight then you might not find it worth the 2 mil or so it takes to upgrade it fully.

It's pretty much act3/4 drops.

Ah, my barb is poor so i'll have to wait a while. I might do it when i've finished inferno. Thanks for the info

ok, i'll get my own i suppose. There's lots of great items in there right? Is it worth the effort / cost to get the staff?
Honestly...not really. I have the staff and as mentioned, it'll cost you around 2 million to get the inferno level staff.

It used to be that all the clouds in the level acted like mini treasure chests and I would find a lot of blues/yellows in them. Now though, your magic find doesn't get applied to the stuff in there so it's mostly just a little gold. One good thing is that the white mobs are all straight up melee with no real powers so it's pretty easy to slice through them and they drop loot as far as I can tell at the Inferno Act 3/4 levels.

There are usually maybe 3 - 5 champ groups in there which are not too bad to take down though a *lot* harder than Act 1 champ packs.

Personally I find Act 2 to be a ton better bang for the buck and just gearing up a little better to be able to do Act 3 runs.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
KnajD.jpg

woo, I ended up with 62 million, I'm no longer poor as hell. I guess the slot upped the value quite a bit?

RDreamer

Bah, why does it randomly kick you back to town on revive while you're soloing... If you're in a spot without a waypoint you get to waste a ton of time...

Sarcasm

I think I am done with this game with its fake challenges. I mean seriously why are main boss' so piss easy? Than you get some (like every time) that always seem to have bad affixxs than you get some lag. I am also tired of 2 to 3 packs spawning on top of each other. I hate how you can't dodge attacks unless you stun (if animation starts) and it just seems like when it checks to the server it favors AI instead of you, you can spam that teleport button but when it checks you got hit even though you did tp away.

Yes I am raging so hard. The game challenge doesn't even feel legit.

mercviper

I was playing monk and I used the mantra for higher damage but it didn't work. Bug ?

If you're talking about Mantra of Conviction, the damage won't show up in your character sheet since it's a multiplier that only affects nearby monsters.

Bah, why does it randomly kick you back to town on revive while you're soloing... If you're in a spot without a waypoint you get to waste a ton of time...

If you ever go back to town and walk near/over the waypoint, you will reset your respawn location to the waypoint. So try avoid the waypoint when you back to repair if you don't want your respawn there. Kinda sucks they do that when the portal to A1/3/4 is right next to the waypoint so it's easy to accidently reset it.

Looking for a LOH critdmg weapon around 8-9m on NA servers... there's so much competition for bids.

I wonder if I can get a 700+dmg critdmg 800loh, and if it would be worth it.

RDreamer

Whoa, found this knife this morning:

oDjTs.png

Now maybe my witch doctor won't die horribly over and over and I can get him out of Act 2!

I looked up those stats though and there's barely anything on the AH with int, 600+ life on hit (even 500+) and max mana.

scy

Now maybe my witch doctor won't die horribly over and over and I can get him out of Act 2!

I looked up those stats though and there's barely anything on the AH with int, 600+ life on hit (even 500+) and max mana.

666 LoH?

Meh, worth the risk.

koji

I finished up power leveling my Barb last night, took me 15 hours with the last 5 hours or so coming from 50-60 with a lot of messing around. (I actually had to stop and learn how to play the class towards the end of hell. I couldn't just Sprint/Leap/Cleave may way through everything).

Any suggestions on where I should level? Siegebreaker? Gems feel so overpowered on my lvl 25 barb, shit. Searching the AH for +experience / STR (sometimes VIT) and HAS SOCKET

:lol

TommyT

Any suggestions on where I should level? Siegebreaker? Gems feel so overpowered on my lvl 25 barb, shit. Searching the AH for +experience / STR (sometimes VIT) and HAS SOCKET

Wait until you get to where you can start buying -level requirement gear and buy a weapon. Especially when you hit mid/late 40s, just depends on how much you want to spend. Act 2, quest 2, part 2 is great exp for the time/effort if you don't mind repetition.

DSmalls84

Basically the same thing I have been doing with my Wizard in Normal. Crafting as many items Items with Sockets as I can.

scy

Wait until you get to where you can start buying -level requirement gear and buy a weapon. Especially when you hit mid/late 40s, just depends on how much you want to spend. Act 2, quest 2, part 2 is great exp for the time/effort if you don't mind repetition.

~670 DPS 1H Weapon for late Nightmare (Level 47) - Inferno pretty much made my Barb and WD to 60 a larger joke than it should have been.

kennah

So that's who has been sniping the items I'm looking for. Did you need anything? I have some +exp gear that I could send your way as hand-me-downs. (Currently level 37)

As for leveling - get your +exp up to about 150 or so and then find areas that have lots of spiders and creatures like that. Also if you just power through the game, you get the most exp from completing quests. By the time I got to the crater I had +190exp per kill and would go up three levels over the course of one crater level.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Max mana isn't that useful. Mana regen is although that is a low roll.

I find that surviving in Act 3 isn't a problem, killing things quick enough to make it worth being in Act 3 instead of Act 2 is the problem on my witch doctor. You'll probably be in the same boat if you use that knife. :)

MutFox

Banned
I put an amulet with

139 int
40% gold find

on the market for 2000 gold.
It's sitting at 600,000 gold after a few hours.
had no idea gold find was that popular.

Neki

I put an amulet with

139 int
40% gold find

That's perfect gold find or close to it I think, of course it's going to go for a lot.

Botters need dat perfect gold find.

forrest

formerly nacire
You use SS until you get your base Crit Chance up. SS is kind of a wasted slot as it's making up for gear deficiencies rather than actually boosting your damage.

Unless your build is based off of a controllable crit, but I see a lot of people stop slotting SS after 30-40 crit.

eek5

I put an amulet with

139 int
40% gold find

you'll be rolling in botter money soon enough

too bad that wasn't 139 dex!

larvi

Anyone have any general tips for beating diablo solo with a DH? I'm lvl 49 and can't seem to beat him on nightmare. I've tried about a dozen times and die on the 2nd stage consistently usually because he will tp right on top of me while I'm trying to run away while my skills recharge. I've tried different skills and swapping out dex gear for more vitality, etc but nothing seems to matter much. Should I go back and farm some more levels/gear? What type of resistance should and damage type should I be using for him? Thanks.

Cipherr

Anyone have any general tips for beating diablo solo with a DH? I'm lvl 49 and can't seem to beat him on nightmare. I've tried about a dozen times and die on the 2nd stage consistently usually because he will tp right on top of me while I'm trying to run away while my skills recharge. I've tried different skills and swapping out dex gear for more vitality, etc but nothing seems to matter much. Should I go back and farm some more levels/gear? What type of resistance should and damage type should I be using for him? Thanks.

IIRC on NM when I soloed Diablo I used evasive fire with the rune that increased your vault distance. I remember doing it with zero hatred spenders. Just Hungering for when I had him far away, and evasive as my secondary for when he teleported to me. An evasive fire shot just as soon as he teleports to you would give you this brief moment of seeming invulnerability. He ports to you and takes that melee swing, but its dodged 100% of the time so long as you are mid vault from an evasive fire shot.

I was undergeared at the time too. I actually had to stop using my 2h xbow and buy a 1h to make sure my shot animations didnt take too long allowing him to port to me while I was in the middle of a slow 2x xbow fire animation and 1 shotting me before I could fire off my evasive shot. The game has changed a bit since the first few days since launch though, its probably easier these days to go search for a bow thats level 60 with 11 reduced level requirement and just bombing him to pieces with absurd dps.

mercviper

If you're having problems with the teleport, stay away from ledges. Close proximity to a ledge is what triggers the teleport/swipe.

~670 DPS 1H Weapon for late Nightmare (Level 47) - Inferno pretty much made my Barb and WD to 60 a larger joke than it should have been.

I found this the other night and I've been using it to level a wizard:

7C74d.jpg

Was able to start using it from act 3 nightmare. It's hilarious how quickly everything dies. Speeds up the process so much.

Damn, are the 900ish DPS 1 handers with 800 life on hit including a gem or not all 40-50 million on US?

I need one and I don't see anything less. :|

Do they drop in Act 1 and 2?

larvi

IIRC on NM when I soloed Diablo I used evasive fire with the rune that increased your vault distance. I remember doing it with zero hatred spenders. Just Hungering for when I had him far away, and evasive as my secondary for when he teleported to me. An evasive fire shot just as soon as he teleports to you would give you this brief moment of seeming invulnerability. He ports to you and takes that melee swing, but its dodged 100% of the time so long as you are mid vault from an evasive fire shot.

I was undergeared at the time too. I actually had to stop using my 2h xbow and buy a 1h to make sure my shot animations didnt take too long allowing him to port to me while I was in the middle of a slow 2x xbow fire animation and 1 shotting me before I could fire off my evasive shot. The game has changed a bit since the first few days since launch though, its probably easier these days to go search for a bow thats level 60 with 11 reduced level requirement and just bombing him to pieces with absurd dps.

If you're having problems with the teleport, stay away from ledges. Close proximity to a ledge is what triggers the teleport/swipe.

Thanks so much for the help, just beat him. I wasn't even aware that there was a mod for reduced level but I found a bow in the AH for 70K with 539dps and 163 life per hit and that sure did help. Almost feels like cheating though :)

If you pop wrath of berzerker you're immune to crowd control effects for a few seconds so if your DPS is high enough, you can ignore Frozen and just win ASAP. You can dodge arcane sentry.

wotb is a waste of a skill in act 3 and 4. he needs more life sustaining abilities since wotb won't take a big chunk of damage from act 3 and 4 mobs and then he will be stuck with one less skill throughout the entire fight.

mercviper

I agree

1Xnd9.png

=)

hahah whattttt Did you sell something for 15 mil and then proceed to buy it back for 6?

edit: that or the pic is 2 shopped lines far apart from each other and you just put them together in reverse order of the sale/buyout process. Feel kinda dumb now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I need a price check on this :

iM9B0lJc0Vdnq.png

On the EU AH those seem to go for a few millions. I'm selling it for 3.0 mil (minimum bid) with a buyout price of 4.5 mil, yet there's only 5 hours left and nobody bought it so far. No bid either. The buyout price is in line with prices for similar bracers, if a bit lower. Those bracers have far less armor than mine too, which is why I don't get it. Should I just straight sell it for 3 mil as buyout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom