• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, even with the Nat's set discipline regen DH is freakishly hard now.
In what ways do you mean? If someone was to give me a set, I certainly wouldn't turn it down, but I just figure that I can build a pretty good set of equipment for a lot less than gold required for that full set....especially one with good rolls.

trimon

Auction house is lagging for me. Just a funny little glitch

Now I wonder if that translates to the real dollar to gold ratio

...nevermind lol

I need a price check on this :

iM9B0lJc0Vdnq.png

On the EU AH those seem to go for a few millions. I'm selling it for 3.0 mil (minimum bid) with a buyout price of 4.5 mil, yet there's only 5 hours left and nobody bought it so far. No bid either. The buyout price is in line with prices for similar bracers, if a bit lower. Those bracers have far less armor than mine too, which is why I don't get it. Should I just straight sell it for 3 mil as buyout?

keep trying. Maybe it didn't got noticed.

kennah

I feel so dirty...

Had 1.99 sitting in my BlizzBucks account, so I used it to buy a random Level 63 legendary, which I salvaged and put the Firey Brimstone in the Auction House for 290k gold.

It sold instantly.

RDreamer

In what ways do you mean? If someone was to give me a set, I certainly wouldn't turn it down, but I just figure that I can build a pretty good set of equipment for a lot less than gold required for that full set....especially one with good rolls.

I mean I have nat's set, and the game is damned hard still as a DH. Not that I thought the set would be a miracle worker. I'm just very unsure of the class. I feel like I can't really get up enough defense anyway, so the best defense is more discipline, and that's what the set offers. I can pretty much infinitely stay in SS, but things die way slower than they should and if I miss anything I'm toast. There's really too many things that are hard to spot coming your way, like the javelins and ripper tongues.

TommyT

Found a 110 str, 7 crit, 53 crit dmg, 150 lifereg amu on HC. How much is something like that worth on SC?

Have you checked the AH on SC?

I need a price check on this :

iM9B0lJc0Vdnq.png

On the EU AH those seem to go for a few millions. I'm selling it for 3.0 mil (minimum bid) with a buyout price of 4.5 mil, yet there's only 5 hours left and nobody bought it so far. No bid either. The buyout price is in line with prices for similar bracers, if a bit lower. Those bracers have far less armor than mine too, which is why I don't get it. Should I just straight sell it for 3 mil as buyout?

Why do you need a price check when you've already checked the price, and posted it at a price that has no bites (yet)? If it doesn't sell, you either put it up again for the same amount or lower the price (on either end or both).

Artanisix

I mean I have nat's set, and the game is damned hard still as a DH. Not that I thought the set would be a miracle worker. I'm just very unsure of the class. I feel like I can't really get up enough defense anyway, so the best defense is more discipline, and that's what the set offers. I can pretty much infinitely stay in SS, but things die way slower than they should and if I miss anything I'm toast. There's really too many things that are hard to spot coming your way, like the javelins and ripper tongues.

I have a friend who goes on here by Ultimoo who wears 3-piece Nats and seems to do fuckin' awesome, maybe your other items aren't up to par? What's your skill build?

Ploid 3.0

I'm developing a bad habit where I only look at auctions that have 1d11h time left on them.

Odd, I only look for 1d12

I don't want people's second guess items. 1d11 is probably a slotted crit dmg weapon that's used to get in a crit dmg with slot filter.

RDreamer

I have a friend who goes on here by Ultimoo who wears 3-piece Nats and seems to do fuckin' awesome, maybe your other items aren't up to par? What's your skill build?

It's possibly my other items, yeah. I mean they're decent, but not endgame type quality I guess. Also I know I do have to get used to the class a bit more and the style of mashing on SS. Your friend only wears 3 pieces, though, so he's getting a lot less out of the set. 4 pieces gets you 2 discipline regen, though it does lock up some pretty key pieces of equipment, unfortunately.

I'm running with Smoke Screen (lingering fog), Caltrops (jagged spikes), Shadow Power (gloom), and Preperation (backup plan). My passives are Archery, Steady Aim, and Tactical Advantage. My resists are about 300, so not very much (they were 500 or so before I put on the set), though I know someone in here said he got through inferno with like 100 resists using Nat's set and dps around what mine is (40k without sharpshooter)

Artanisix

Funny business going on here, wonder if someone in the world bought them all for 180k and are reselling for 290k.

They were 180k about 3 hours ago.

Someone made a post on reddit how fiery brimstones are gonna be the next SOJ and are a good investment etc. etc. So the price is going up now with everyone buying them to invest with.

RDreamer, I don't know anything about DHs unfortunately (I'm a pure Barb man), so hopefully someone else will be able to help you out with that. Maybe take a screenshot of your stats screen and post it here would help a lot.

Snookie

I need help trying to figure out what these might be worth

ebFQv.png

If i search for items just like it i get a range of 5-30 mil. It seems like for heh gloves they are really good. A little low on vit but MF and INT seem nice

edit....well i'm a retard

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's possibly my other items, yeah. I mean they're decent, but not endgame type quality I guess. Also I know I do have to get used to the class a bit more and the style of mashing on SS. Your friend only wears 3 pieces, though, so he's getting a lot less out of the set. 4 pieces gets you 2 discipline regen, though it does lock up some pretty key pieces of equipment, unfortunately.

I'm running with Smoke Screen (lingering fog), Caltrops (jagged spikes), Shadow Power (gloom), and Preperation (backup plan). My passives are Archery, Steady Aim, and Tactical Advantage. My resists are about 300, so not very much (they were 500 or so before I put on the set), though I know someone in here said he got through inferno with like 100 resists using Nat's set and dps around what mine is (40k without sharpshooter)

My friend is going tank DH with the nats set, and it's been working out pretty well so far.

Neki

Your resists are much too low, or, your dps is too low. You're kinda stuck in no mans land of low dps and low resist. I think you've sacrificed too much for the discs regen, which is highly unneeded due to how easy Inferno is now. I run 3 set and I still have 550 phys res and 480 all res still. If you're going to run 4 set Natayla, you need high dps because once you've run out of disc, most people don't have enough survivability to survive without any disc. I honestly think glass cannon with 300 res all is more viable now, because mobs barely hit for anything and Shadow Power Gloom + 4 set nats should keep you long enough to burst down mobs before you run out of disc.

I think Prep/4 set Nat fills out the same purpose basically.

Rufus

Someone made a post on reddit how fiery brimstones are gonna be the next SOJ and are a good investment etc. etc. So the price is going up now with everyone buying them to invest with.
Ha. Did he buy a good amount before he made the post?
"You know, these are going to be valuable. I just so happen to have a lot of them I'm willing to part with for a good price. We're all friends here."

TommyT

Quite a few things going on here. However I'll start with asking what your HP is. Also, why are you running in SS (which you say you can stay in perminantly) and then running gloom?

There's quite a bit of difference then getting through inferno and farming it effectively. Personally I think the 3-piece set is where it's at. You give up far too much when you throw the last piece. I say that with an emphasis on the boots being the last piece which I think is the most detrimental of all the pieces.

I don't think Diablo does, actually. At least I've never seen it. I'm pretty certain Izual doesn't either.

diablo doesn't
and i don't think azmodan does, but if he does it's probably filling the floor up with his dark energy

Thanks.

I'm wondering because I can get Ghom down to about 5-10% of his life and he farts up the entire room. So ... so ... so close. I was wondering if every boss was a giant DPS gear check.

I developed a nice strat moving him around in circles too so that by the time I get back to where I started, the gasses are going away. I changed up my skills and brought back Breath of Heaven to get my DPS up to 23.5K.

So close ... back to farming for now I suppose.

ccbfan

The games a lot funner when you stop taking it so seriously or in my case taking it seriously but nothing really having the time to properly take it serious. (Non-Gaming Wife/full time job/family and friends from both sides who want us the to visit/hang out all the time)

I started a monk rushed through game trying to level yada. I was already behind everyone since I got the game early june after my vacation. Got my ass wall slammed in Infernal. Tried the early get gears tricks got pissed since monk weren't very good at them.

Power leveled next character (DH). I mean like literally played the character real for an hour and used the leveling exploits like belial and got to 60 to farm. Tried end game DH and completely bored. Items sucked.

I was about the quit the game.

Gave it one more try. This time I was going slow. Enjoy the story and actually play around with all the skills. My only rule for this play through was I had to change two skills every time I leveled. Used AH a little but not much. Abused the no gems lev req though, had a lev 15 slotted one hand sword with a perfect square ruby and a lev 15 helm with a perfect square ruby.

Completely changed the game for me. The skills are actually very well made and diverse. While they're not balanced (You can definitely tell what skills were OP and what skill needed a little more omph) but on normal and a OP slotted low lev weapon it doesn't make a difference. Fun trying all these skill.

Fistwell

Hate to do this, but could i get a price check on this:

78f7022899f7cd7b9e4c2c8749f8145a7fda3cd3.png

Pretty shit rolls, but got LoH as random property. No clue what to price it really (i dont even know who would use anything like that... dps is below crap...) .

Zyzyxxz

Guys I hate to ask for a price quote but I can't find an equivalent bow. Did I roll the highest possible chance for immobilze on hit?

I know it's already good because of the crit chance but how much can I sell this for?

HOZyu.png

TommyT

Pretty shit rolls, but got LoH as random property. No clue what to price it really (i dont even know who would use anything like that... dps is below crap...) .

Complete crap. Have you checked the AH for similar items with bids?

Guys I hate to ask for a price quote but I can't find an equivalent bow. Did I roll the highest possible chance for immobilze on hit?

I know it's already good because of the crit chance but how much can I sell this for?

HOZyu.png

Search for a bow with 100 int and 97% crit. If you can't find anything with those stats, lower the crit until you do. After that, sort by DPS and see what items similar to your DPS are going for. Hopefully you will find one with a bid, and that is your starting point. If not, start with something lower than all the starting points. The imobilize on hit is ok, but not an amazing stat which you could probably bump it into the price range of something 100dps higher - about +1m on your top end buyout if you choose to have one.

HOZyu.png

I don't think anyone cares about immobilize on hit, do they? Look for a bow with an open socket and similar dps, then factor in that you've got about 20-30% additional crit dmg over what you can get with a socket. ignore the rest of the stats.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
@UnluckyKate: thanks, was getting worried.

Why do you need a price check when you've already checked the price, and posted it at a price that has no bites (yet)? If it doesn't sell, you either put it up again for the same amount or lower the price (on either end or both).

I guess I'm just not used to having items that can sell for a few millions :lol. I'm not exactly the hottest and richest inferno player there is. I figured there's always the possibility that this kind of items is temporarily overpriced by most sellers and that the US servers might be pricing this lower.

On that note, how important is armor supposed to be? Everytime I get items with good armor values and I check them, it says I would always get 0.1-0.5% more protection, and always end up not using them because I like the stats on my supposedly inferior gear better.

I believe since it's a level 60, you can at least get a brimstone out of crafting it. Not sure if it's work much else. As you said .... DPS is super low. ON the plus side ... someone just said brimstones are over 250K now.

RDreamer

Your resists are much too low, or, your dps is too low. You're kinda stuck in no mans land of low dps and low resist. I think you've sacrificed too much for the discs regen, which is highly unneeded due to how easy Inferno is now. I run 3 set and I still have 550 phys res and 480 all res still. If you're going to run 4 set Natayla, you need high dps because once you've run out of disc, most people don't have enough survivability to survive without any disc. I honestly think glass cannon with 300 res all is more viable now, because mobs barely hit for anything and Shadow Power Gloom + 4 set nats should keep you long enough to burst down mobs before you run out of disc.

I think Prep/4 set Nat fills out the same purpose basically.

Yeah you'd think prep and 4 set nats fills out the same purpose, but I found myself using it a decent amount. I'm still thinking about switching up some of those skills. They're really exactly the same as before I found the Nat's ring and made the switch.

I'm thinking I might be able to keep the nat's, but I definitely need to load up the rest of my equipment with all res and vit.

Quite a few things going on here. However I'll start with asking what your HP is. Also, why are you running in SS (which you say you can stay in perminantly) and then running gloom?

There's quite a bit of difference then getting through inferno and farming it effectively. Personally I think the 3-piece set is where it's at. You give up far too much when you throw the last piece. I say that with an emphasis on the boots being the last piece which I think is the most detrimental of all the pieces.

My life is only at like 28k, so I know that's one of the problems. Problem is that indefinite SS doesn't actually mean indefinite. There's a little patch of time where you can't hit the button again, so I often get hit by something that I can't see very well, like a javelin or one of those quills or something. That happens quite often, and my pot timer will be running down, so I was using gloom. Really I was thinking of ditching it for something else, though.

I'm still kind of feeling out the build and the play style with Nat's. While doing the keep I was doing pretty well. We didn't have a dedicated tank, really, but I was surviving pretty well. Near the end I was only brainlessly dying about once per elite pack or so. But then me and my whirlwind barb friend were playing through the part with the catapults in act 3 and I was just getting annihilated. I think it might just be that part of the game. Too much shit to try and keep track of, and he was trying to gather up as many mobs as possible to keep his whirlwind going, so it may have been a really bad combination there, too.

Maybe 3 pieces is good, but really is it worth the 40 million for that ring if I'm only going to run with 3 pieces? I would think I could gear up quite well with that money to where I wouldn't even miss the 3 pieces at all.

And yeah, I know there's a difference between getting through and farming. My monk is at the point where I can effectively farm Act 3 for the most part. Some affixes give me a few deaths, but otherwise I can pound through and rack up the elite kills now. I've beat Diablo with him multiple times.

It's just fairly odd to me that my dps for my monk is so much lower than my DH, yet I kill things much faster on my monk. I guess builds will do that (and I guess conviction helps with that too lol).

Zyzyxxz

Search for a bow with 100 int and 97% crit. If you can't find anything with those stats, lower the crit until you do. After that, sort by DPS and see what items similar to your DPS are going for. Hopefully you will find one with a bid, and that is your starting point. If not, start with something lower than all the starting points. The imobilize on hit is ok, but not an amazing stat which you could probably bump it into the price range of something 100dps higher - about +1m on your top end buyout if you choose to have one.

Does int even matter for a DH? I figured immobilize was worthless even if it rolled high. I set buyout to 2 mil/1mil bid since that what similar bows went for.

TommyT

My life is only at like 28k, so I know that's one of the problems. Problem is that indefinite SS doesn't actually mean indefinite. There's a little patch of time where you can't hit the button again, so I often get hit by something that I can't see very well, like a javelin or one of those quills or something. That happens quite often, and my pot timer will be running down, so I was using gloom. Really I was thinking of ditching it for something else, though.

I'm still kind of feeling out the build and the play style with Nat's. While doing the keep I was doing pretty well. We didn't have a dedicated tank, really, but I was surviving pretty well. Near the end I was only brainlessly dying about once per elite pack or so. But then me and my whirlwind barb friend were playing through the part with the catapults in act 3 and I was just getting annihilated. I think it might just be that part of the game. Too much shit to try and keep track of, and he was trying to gather up as many mobs as possible to keep his whirlwind going, so it may have been a really bad combination there, too.

Maybe 3 pieces is good, but really is it worth the 40 million for that ring if I'm only going to run with 3 pieces? I would think I could gear up quite well with that money to where I wouldn't even miss the 3 pieces at all.

Your HP is definitely the first issue. Try to see if you can get a Nats helm with a socket to put in +% life. If not, maybe you can upgrde your chest with a higher (+150) vit / %life combo.

How are you using SS? I'd recommend you use it to put as much distance ( a full screen if possible ) between you and the enemy while it's active. During this process drop traps to slow them down allowing for more recovery time. Try switching up gloom with Reign of Vengence (stampede). This works very well in many places that are not only open, but bottle necked. Mobs can't act while being knocked back, and there is a recovery time for them.

The mobs that can throw things at you in act 3 are annoying for any DH. You really need to be good at orb-walking (stutter-step or whatever) and being on the move to avoid them while you attack. To better get aquainted with the DH and not have to worry about them, try whimsyshire. All melee and you'll get good kiting and running back-and-forth practice.

Does int even matter for a DH? I figured immobilize was worthless even if it rolled high. I set buyout to 2 mil/1mil bid since that what similar bows went for.

It's not a terrible stat for a DH. Same with knockback or something on other items. Nice when they proc, but don't really amount to anything otherwise.

Man the economy is getting weird.

I have a 890 dps one hander with decent stats and life steal and can't even get a bid with a 100k start, 2 mil buyout.

The lack of build diversity is really killing this game. The hotness now is crit/crit% until that gets nerfed. Then what?

The game has some of the poorest design I have ever seen. Hopefully 1.4 will address some issues.

Why do I keep playing this shitty game? lol

Fistwell

I believe since it's a level 60, you can at least get a brimstone out of crafting it. Not sure if it's work much else. As you said .... DPS is super low. ON the plus side ... someone just said brimstones are over 250K now.

That'll make a pretty fiery brimstone.
Sweet. I've set it with a starting price at what brimstones go for right now. If someone wants to give me more money, more power to them me!

RDreamer

Your HP is definitely the first issue. Try to see if you can get a Nats helm with a socket to put in +% life. If not, maybe you can upgrde your chest with a higher (+150) vit / %life combo.

How are you using SS? I'd recommend you use it to put as much distance ( a full screen if possible ) between you and the enemy while it's active. During this process drop traps to slow them down allowing for more recovery time. Try switching up gloom with Reign of Vengence (stampede). This works very well in many places that are not only open, but bottle necked. Mobs can't act while being knocked back, and there is a recovery time for them.

The mobs that can throw things at you in act 3 are annoying for any DH. You really need to be good at orb-walking (stutter-step or whatever) and being on the move to avoid them while you attack. To better get aquainted with the DH and not have to worry about them, try whimsyshire. All melee and you'll get good kiting and running back-and-forth practice.

It's not a terrible stat for a DH. Same with knockback or something on other items. Nice when they proc, but don't really amount to anything otherwise.

Good idea about the Nat's helm. The one I picked up for cheap does in fact have some %life. I do want to change up my Nat's chest, too for one that has evasive fire damage. The one I have now that my friend sold me has -resource cost of chakram and I hate that ability.

I have been stutter stepping and stuff, and I got quite good at it for a bit. I think it's a few combinations going on of me being very bad with the class and with the play style of liberally using SS to avoid stuff and a bad class combo while trying to duo that part of the game. As I said, in the keep I was dying less than anyone else in my party and that's without a tank, so I guess I do have it in me to be good.

Once some of my AH money comes back I'm going to upgrade/change out my other pieces and really get the build going. Right now I just kind of threw on the set and called it a day. On the bright side it did get me through Ghom and to Siegebreaker without dragging my group down at all, so it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom