• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished a Butcher Inferno run. Nothing usable from about a dozen or so rares going from Halls of Agony 1 >> Jailer >> Butcher.

I guess I'll try my luck at smashing my face against Act 2 some more. Maybe check if there are public games up so someone else can soak damage.

idlewild_

Just finished a Butcher Inferno run. Nothing usable from about a dozen or so rares going from Halls of Agony 1 >> Jailer >> Butcher.

I guess I'll try my luck at smashing my face against Act 2 some more. Maybe check if there are public games up so someone else can soak damage.

I've done a dozen or so maghda runs with 5 stacks of NV. found one item to sell and none to equip out of all that. just feels like a huge waste of time until patch 1.03...and there's no real guarantee that it will be any better afterwards.

i wish they would either include gear swap functionality or break switching to MF gear right before a kill, preferably the former; it's annoying and i'm sure not intended by blizzard.

I've done a dozen or so maghda runs with 5 stacks of NV. found one item to sell and none to equip out of all that. just feels like a huge waste of time until patch 1.03...and there's no real guarantee that it will be any better afterwards.

i wish they would either include gear swap functionality or break switching to MF gear right before a kill, preferably the former; it's annoying and i'm sure not intended by blizzard.

What do you mean there's no guarantee it will be any better afterwords? What more of a guarantee do you want since they've listed the exact drop ratio of various ilvl items after the patch?

What do you mean there's no guarantee it will be any better afterwords? What more of a guarantee do you want since they've listed the exact drop ratio of various ilvl items after the patch?

It's not like the other crap items will stop dropping. For all I know you could get crap items for all eternity. :(

UberTag

well fuckin a, I sold another item but i put it up there as battle.net bucks when I meant to put it on as paypal... NOOOOOOO
Clearly you must now spend said Blizzard bucks on an even more amazing RMAH find and then sell THAT for more PayPal credit than you would have wound up with this time.

Vodh

Found these in Act1, worth anything without any relevant primary dps stat?

51oxm.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Still haven't received a cent from Blizz 24 hours after sales and I'm sure the buyer(s) hasn't received their item(s). This is gonna be quite ridiculous if they intend on maintaining this practice, especially for buyers.

Still haven't received a cent from Blizz 24 hours after sales and I'm sure the buyer(s) hasn't received their item(s). This is gonna be quite ridiculous if they intend on maintaining this practice, especially for buyers.

I thought it was 2-5 days before you saw your money?

xelios

I thought it was 2-5 days before you saw your money?

Yeah and up to 2 days before buyers get their items. Just seems a bit...slow? I guess they are ensuring safe transactions then and we can at least rest assured there won't be any problems!

Yeah and up to 2 days before buyers get their items. Just seems a bit...slow? I guess they are ensuring safe transactions then and we can at least rest assured there won't be any problems!

I wonder why it takes longer sometimes than others. Out of the ones I did have that were flagged for review, I never had one take longer than about an hour and a half.

It's clearly not a FIFO queue

Tess3ract

Banned
What, so you don't have a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android phone? Do you work for a military contractor that bans such things or something? Or just haven't gotten a new phone in the past 5 years?
You know, most people can't afford the $100 a month to own a smartphone.

Frankly, even the $50 a month to own a dumbphone is about $40 too much.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Been killing elite packs in act 3 all day long, haven't gotten anything worth more than ~50k on the auction house and only a few of those. I need a "reseed the RNG" skill.

xelios

I wonder why it takes longer sometimes than others. Out of the ones I did have that were flagged for review, I never had one take longer than about an hour and a half.

It's clearly not a FIFO queue

ALL 10 of mine were flagged for review (sales), ranging from $20 profit to $70 profit.

LordCanti

I received payment for one of my cheaper items (like 3 bucks) but none of the items I sold for much more.

Still waiting. I think they've just got an enormous backlog of transactions to sort through.

It seems more than a bit slow. I don't spend money on the AH, but if I did, I would want my $25 dollar digital item NOW and not 48 hours from now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Live chat?

Bought!

Number45

Man, I just faced Belial for the first time with a ranged class (WD) - he's a right pain in the ass. Proper faceroll fight with my Barb on Normal/NM/Hell but I really had to work for it with the WD!

I've done a good few of those, without much luck in terms of upgrades (although I've made a bit of money). Might give Act II a go over the next few days, but I know I'm undergeared for it so if it's too bad I'll just sit tight for a while longer for 1.03.

EDIT: Actually I got my first set piece this evening from the Butcher himself, I completely forgot!

I received payment for one of my cheaper items (like 3 bucks) but none of the items I sold for much more.

Still waiting. I think they've just got an enormous backlog of transactions to sort through.

I finally got my 1 BlizzardBuck today. Still processing on the ~$3.80 Paypal one though.

I'm sure part of it is just the initial avalanche of traffic - once it calms down a bit I'm sure it will go faster. If it keeps being slow as molasses, they're gonna have an issue, as a huge part of it at least for the buyer is instant gratification. Waiting a a day (or a few days) really kills that. Especially when loot comes so frequently in Diablo. How awful would it be to buy something, then end up finding something better yourself before the transaction completed?

And I think I'm gonna stick to Act 1 for the moment unless I mooch off someone for waypoints or use them as a meat shield (tried a public game, was awful). I can do enough damage for early Act 2 Inferno, but I'm much too delicate for those mobs. Built-in mortar everywhere doesn't help, as it's probably the most dangerous to me. Without fast projectiles being shot at me, I can kite all day, erry day. At least in Act 1 I can make some good gold that I could put towards upgrades.

man, im just stuck at the start of act 3 with my WD. It's like, I don't know if I should just sacrifice all res/vit items for int since I die in one hit regardless... Ughh this sucks.

LordCanti

Edit: As I talked about it, one more processed.

I finally got my 1 BlizzardBuck today. Still processing on the ~$3.80 Paypal one though.

I'm sure part of it is just the initial avalanche of traffic - once it calms down a bit I'm sure it will go faster. If it keeps being slow as molasses, they're gonna have an issue, as a huge part of it at least for the buyer is instant gratification. Waiting a a day (or a few days) really kills that. Especially when loot comes so frequently in Diablo. How awful would it be to buy something, then end up finding something better yourself before the transaction completed?

In my case I'm worried about buyers seeing the same item for way less than half the price and then doing anything in their power to weasel out of it (like claiming their PP account was hijacked or something).

It's kind of odd that BlizzardBuck transactions are taking so long. That's all internal, while paypal transactions are external (Blizzard takes the money, then processes it, and you finally get payment from Blizzard themselves).

I'll never use BB's, but I agree with you that not having the instant gratification is a huge issue.

xelios

In my case I'm worried about buyers seeing the same item for way less than half the price and then doing anything in their power to weasel out of it (like claiming their PP account was hijacked or something).

Yeah I've thought about this and it's bothered me to some extent. That is a lot of time for buyer's remorse to kick in. After I already have my Paypal I'm not worried, but before then...I am a bit.

Riggs

Banned
SO my GTX 480 started artifacting in D3. After hours of testing , my card is dead. Thank god falcon nw has me under warranty. Getting GTX 680 for 249 bucks. Will take 3 weeks to get here since NVIDIA cannot keep supply up. No pc gaming for 3 weeks, but i got a $600 dollar card for $249 .... Not complaining. Have fun D3 gaf I will be thinking of you when I am playing ps3 for the next 3 weeks :(

xelios

SO my GTX 480 started artifacting in D3. After hours of testing , my card is dead. Thank god falcon nw has me under warranty. Getting GTX 680 for 249 bucks. Will take 3 weeks to get here since NVIDIA cannot keep supply up. No pc gaming for 3 weeks, but i got a $600 dollar card for $249 .... Not complaining. Have fun D3 gaf I will be thinking of you when I am playing ps3 for the next 3 weeks :(

Did you keep a check on the temps while playing D3? It's been known to severely overheat some GPUs without frame rate limiting and/or vsync. Just wanted to make sure you were in the know with your new card if you weren't already.

LordCanti

Did you have to send the 480 in? Might be as simple as needing new thermal paste or something.

Number45

I see you're level 53/4... Might be a good time to kiss your gargantuan and zombie dogs good bye.
I'm only level 23 and my dogs are gone (though I do currently have the Circle of Life passive), although the Gargantuan stays alive a good amount at the moment so he's in there. Still feeling my way on the build, but I can see it developing into an entirely non pet build.

Riggs

Banned
Did you keep a check on the temps while playing D3? It's been known to severely overheat some GPUs without frame rate limiting and/or vsync. Just wanted to make sure you were in the know with your new card if you weren't already.
Yea temps were normal, artifacts in many games I tested. Even at boot up. Ty for tip will be running with vsync with new card for sure. Was on the 480 also.
Did you have to send the 480 in? Might be as simple as needing new thermal paste or something.
Could be, have to send it back anyway. Temps were all normal I think the card itself is just dying though.

Shouta

My 7 blizz bucks came through, finally. But it's Blizz bucks. >=(

I guess I'll use it in the auction house for random shit.

BigDug13

... unless of course you don't have a phone. Or you have a phone but it doesn't work with SMS. Then you have to bother someone else or pay even more money to get a phone that works. :p

Speaking of Act 3 Hell items, level 54 Wrists. -_-

Can't you use the Google Voice SMS feature with you Google Voice phone number to accomplish this portion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom