• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, if I was being malicious I would have asked him to sell it for a cheap price up front. I offered a fair trade and the thought of getting it for cheap hadn't even crossed my mind. He then said "you can have it for much less". I mean yea, it feels a little weird, but the way you're making it sound is like I scammed the guy. I straight up told him the item was amazing. It's not like he was clueless. I even offered to trade him an equally amazing item for it. In the end, he just wanted 100k, and I gave him 50% more than he asked.

In the new expansion prepare yourself to face:

Cpp_is_king: Lord of Greed.

I'm on your side.

The jokers are the people that offer an Exalted Grand plan for sale, then try to sell you an Exalted Fine when you go to trade. Or the person that tries to swap out a really good Andariel's Visage for one with much lesser stats, hoping you won't notice. Or the person that tries to use the "take item out of trading window at the last second" script on you, and fails.

(these are all real scams people have tried to pull on me in D3)

Getting an offer to buy something from someone and then taking it is how this game is supposed to be played.

Yes. I am far from the worst of the gamers out there. I do not go out of my way to screw people over. I treat others how I expect to be treated. And I know good and damn well that someone will take something cheap off me if they get the chance.

DTKT

I think people are mostly talking about for barbs and monks. You want a ranged+AOE+buff to complement melee characters. For a DH, Templar should make more sense.

Also, the enchantress can turn enemies into chickens. This will never get old for me (though I do have it turned off right now).

Scoundrel seems like a better choice. The +dm when you crit is pretty nice.

Cipherr

http://www.twitch.tv/swiftlame
80k dps semi tanky dh farming act 3 with music

Going to be honest, I mean, I said this in your chat too, but that is incredibly impressive. I suppose Opiate (I think it was him) and some others told me, but I didnt believe that semi high defensive stats could work for a Gloom DH build post Act 2. And you maintained great DPS as well. Some of the music on your stream is awesome too heh.

balddemon

Banned
After getting crap all day I did finally get something interesting. It is a fairly good upgrade over my "only use this weapon on reflect damage elites" weapon, or I could probably sell it for a bit of coin. Couldn't really decide what to socket, it already has enough LoH for reflect damage mobs and my crit chance is horribly low so I defaulted to a bit more base damage.

DoGFN.jpg

if yo ustill have that when my monk hits 60 i'll buy it for gold or the $$$ equiv

LordCanti

Scoundrel seems like a better choice. The +dm when you crit is pretty nice.

I'll probably try transitioning to it if the Scoundrel Satchel I have for sale doesn't get sold. ($20 for 120 dex, 105 vit, 40 resist all and 40 of a secondary resist? Come on people. Your Scoundrel is going to be buff if you buy this :p)

Sold my 1055dps (blue) Ceremonial Knife for $100. Woohoo.

People have way too much money to spend on this crap. I love them for it, of course....

Alex

LoH is a crazy valuable stat. I sold my old mace, which had a small amount of vit/dex, 300~ LoH and a socket for 110 dollars when it was only 840 DPS. I probably could have gotten more, really, but I'm always one to go lower than the pack.

Alex

Man, I posted all my gear reasonably, undercutting everything I saw, and still nothing sold =(

Truth be told, I can't imagine (at least the first wave of these people, using their own money and not Battle.net funds) a lot of these folks buying are extremely picky shoppers or that well versed with the delicates of the stats or the systems.

Not to say that people are just buying anything, obviously certain stats (again, LoH) sell really well, but I'd bet that a lot of it just comes with how broad the search results favor your item. We're talking about people forking over 100 bucks for mid-grade video game weapons here.

LordCanti

How much money have we made Blizzard thus far?

I'm tabulating how much I've made them, and I came up with almost $20 in less than two days. They've got to be loving me right now.

Truth be told, I can't imagine (at least the first wave of these people, using their own money and not Battle.net funds) a lot of these folks buying are extremely picky shoppers or that well versed with the delicates of the stats or the systems.

Not to say that people are just buying anything, obviously certain stats (again, LoH) sell really well, but I'd bet that a lot of it just comes with how broad the search results favor your item. We're talking about people forking over 100 bucks for mid-grade video game weapons here.

My overpriced items sold while my underpriced ones didn't. I think it all has to do with visibility (underpriced items are on like..page 15-20 instead of the first couple pages).

Blizzard shouldn't sort items by how much they cost by default, but they do.

The only exception is my $20 Hammer Jammers, which no one has purchased yet, and that are way overpriced.

joesmokey

Does anyone that has dominant gear want to help me finish off Diablo? I can get him to phase 2 about 70%, that's been my best attempt so far D:.

I just want to kill him so I can go back and change quests already.

Alucrid

Banned
Just got my first Legendary. Is this a piece of shit? I don't really know what to look for other than on my DH, but I think it's pretty bad. Worth AHing?

cuJqml.jpg

Seth C

Did you play D2? Because the Act bosses in that were much harder and required far more grinding to get decent gear to fight.

That said, I don't think it's at all normal to need to do a lot of extra gearing up for Diablo in normal, and I definitely don't think it's normal to need the AH to do it. What level are you?

I managed to craft something that finally was able to help me kill Diablo. Honestly my drops have sucked through Act 3 and 4. Over half my gear came from crafting. I was level 27 and getting level 19 gear. Just...useless. Anyway, I was level 32 by the time I made it to Diablo (he didn't drop anything that was of any use to me at all).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just got my first Legendary. Is this a piece of shit? I don't really know what to look for other than on my DH, but I think it's pretty bad. Worth AHing?

cuJqml.jpg
Low rolls, bad rolls, and 11% out of 20%.

Basically around one of the worst SoE possible.

Still worth something though.

LordCanti

SOE is one of the best belts. Not sure about those particular stats though. May be worth RMAH'ing.

Edit: Yeah, listen to Hazaro.

Alucrid

Banned
Low rolls, bad rolls, and 11% out of 20%.

Basically around one of the worst SoE possible.

Still worth something though.

SOE is one of the best belts. Not sure about those particular stats though. May be worth RMAH'ing.

Edit: Yeah, listen to Hazaro.

Thanks, maybe I'll put it up for a couple of bucks. Someone will probably get it for ~$10 or something. Good to know my good luck instantly turned into bad luck though. Typical :(

Total Diablo noob here with a quick question: Should I be putting the majority of my money into upgrading my blacksmith? It seems that at this point in the game (Act 1) that that's the best option. If not, what would you guys suggest? Thanks.

moop1167

Anyone able to do Inferno Belial easily? I have tried like 10 times and I can't even get past the 2nd phase as a WD.

moop1167#1922

If anyone wouldn't mind helping.

Narag

Total Diablo noob here with a quick question: Should I be putting the majority of my money into upgrading my blacksmith? It seems that at this point in the game (Act 1) that that's the best option. If not, what would you guys suggest? Thanks.

Upgrade the stash if anything. BS isn't really useful until Inferno.

Sarcasm

My PP decided to link today. Come on baby I need to pay my student loans!

Also HC character and BB...so risky. This really makes the game shine for me.

Tom Penny

After getting crap all day I did finally get something interesting. It is a fairly good upgrade over my "only use this weapon on reflect damage elites" weapon, or I could probably sell it for a bit of coin. Couldn't really decide what to socket, it already has enough LoH for reflect damage mobs and my crit chance is horribly low so I defaulted to a bit more base damage.

DoGFN.jpg

If your looking to sell PM me.

moop1167

Why the hell can't I dodge Belial in the 3rd phase? I stand in that place where that tutorial says and he still hits me and I die. So annoying.

LordCanti

I made $20 while I was out at my local Target :D

I think it was that 735 DPS staff I put up.

Yeah, the second I posted, one of my items sold for $50.

I think very specific items are selling, and nothing else.

Why the hell can't I dodge Belial in the 3rd phase? I stand in that place where that tutorial says and he still hits me and I die. So annoying.

The hit boxes in this game are enormous. You may think you've avoided an attack, but it will hit anyway.

Working as intended.

Lol, true.

Alex

I do pretty good on belial, havent died yet on my monk, even had time to res my wifes demon hunter last time! I kind of had to though, she does ALL the DPS, I have like 19k, I mostly just tank and buff with conviction.

Monk and Demon Hunter in 2-op is such a good combo. Compliments each other super well.

Neki

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

Quoting for new page!

LordCanti

I'm realizing that I'd be kind of crazy not to convert my gold to items and then try to sell them in the RMAH. The only problem is...what do I buy?

30% Stormshields? That's an evergreen thing to sell, right?

Glix

Man, I posted all my gear reasonably, undercutting everything I saw, and still nothing sold =(

Me too. I actually think dumb dumb dumb people are judging the items by price instead of looking at the stats?

I understand so much more about F2P now. I mean, I understood that dumb people sort of fed into it, I just underestimated how many of them are out there and have money.

I'm no PT Barnum.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You aren't responsible for other people knowing what their drops are worth. Having said that, were it a friend of yours and you did it, I'd have said yes.

If it were a friend, I would have given it to them. I'm not going to charge my friend for gear.

parasight

Think this could sell on the RMAH?

RqNEP.png

I've gotten no bites on any of the 10 items I've put up so far, so I'll have to wait to put it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom