• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Think this could sell on the RMAH?

RqNEP.png

I've gotten no bites on any of the 10 items I've put up so far, so I'll have to wait to put it up.

Definitely. Very nice Amulet.

Speaking of Amulets, I haven't had any luck in buying an STR/LoH/IAS Amulet for my Barb :(

Definity

Haven't sold a thing in the GAH or RMAH in over a day now. Had some decent stuff up there priced to move. I don't get it.

eek5

Haven't sold a thing in the GAH or RMAH in over a day now. Had some decent stuff up there priced to move. I don't get it.

What kind of items are you selling? I can't even keep my GAH stocked right now :knock on wood:

FWIW, I vendor a lot of stuff that I could sell on AH for ~20k

Tom Penny

Fuck this game. I accidently sold my weapon to a merchant. Go to buy it back and it's gone. Fucking total and utter bullshit. I didn't even leave the game and It showed every fucking item except the fucking one I wanted to buy back at the merchant. I am so fucking livid.

My prediction, and someone feel free to tell me that I'm wrong and why I'm wrong, is that the big Demon Hunter / maybe-other-classes stat after the Increased Attack Speed nerf will be Crit Chance. Right now, I'm using my funds to buy cheap-but-high-crit rings and amulets with good dexterity off the Gold AH, and I'm holding onto them to sell for after 1.0.3 hits.

balddemon

Banned
Fuck this game. I accidently sold my weapon to a merchant. Go to buy it back and it's gone. Fucking total and utter bullshit. I didn't even leave the game and It showed every fucking item except the fucking one I wanted to buy back at the merchant. I am so fucking livid.

again? that sucks man. btw i think if you rebuy some stuff it shows previous things you sold

Tom Penny

again? that sucks man. btw i think if you rebuy some stuff it shows previous things you sold

Yeah. Twice it didn't show the one fucking thing I wanted to buy back. I did a Butcher run and had to many items. Sold my stuff. I go back to his chamber grab the rest of the stuff and go back to the merchant.everything showed I could buy back except for my weapon.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
when i try to set up a paypal account in D3 nothing happens. is there an issue with setting one up right now?

eek5

BS is worse. I've tried to shift click to link blues before and just salvaged them instead :lol

when i try to set up a paypal account in D3 nothing happens. is there an issue with setting one up right now?

Set it up on website instead.

What is the best way to farm Act 3 right now... Siegebreaker runs? I think the chest in the keep level 1 was nerfed..

What class are you? What I'm currently doing is starting at Heart of Sin, start building stacks in Ice/frost cavern or whatever where you can get resplendent chest on L2 every time then I go to tower of cursed and finish my 5 stack. After that I'll only kill easy (i.e. champ packs I can kill in under 1m) packs, otherwise I'l just bypass everything and do Cydea>Azmo (skipping all the areat mobs) for the 4 guaranteed rares. I usually get around 8-10 rares a game... but they all suck lol

Vodh

Make sure you have SMS protection thingy enabled. I think the SMS protection is the new 'turn on elective mode, get an authenticator' level of usefulness tip...

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Market is probably up in supply of level 50-61 stuff.

Lots of people like me aren't playing the game until 1.03, because it's broken in it's current state. Only exploits, a few select talented people, and RMAH items can make it to act 3/4 and *sometimes* get decent loot.

The game is a loot game without good loot. 1.03 better fix this.

Furthermore, why should I grind like crazy to get a 2M Sages' stonese or grasp to go with my sages' seekers when I don't even know if attack speed+ is desirable or if I should toss tons of INT and VIT in these, or resist all and armor, etc. It's all subject to change soon, so I don't see the point.

Kyoufu

The chest in keeps 2 dropped around a million gold worth of goodies earlier, and the one at Stonefort dropped a 6 prop plan that I sold for 3 mil.

LordCanti

The chest in keeps 2 dropped around a million gold worth of goodies earlier, and the one at Stonefort dropped a 6 prop plan that I sold for 3 mil.

The keeps 2 chest is really low spawning though, isn't it?

Mmm...maybe it's time to put another 4 man chest hunting party together :p

eek5

Sounds like a PITA for a barb... so many demons to kill, easier if i had a DH with me.

Sprint past them. I've actually been killing them all lately though by using Sprint/RLTW what I like to call melee kiting :lol Basically build up fury with frenzy on a pack. Hit sprint, sprint backwards to kite until you get a tornado. If your tornado is up and they're still far away, sprint half the distance you did to get the tornado then run forward towards your tornado to stack two. Now move half way backwards so you're standing a bit behind both your tornadoes and builld more fury. With 2 tornadoes and high ASI you should be doing about 1.6-2x dps and since you're kiting you'll be engaging most targets 1v1, 1v4 max instead of being surrounded by 10 things. If you have LoH you can circle kite groups and build up bursts of 3-4 seconds of 5-10k heal per tick as well.

zKyrd.jpg

Here are my skills. I just realized making this screen shot that I've been running Frenzy with no rune for the last 5 runs as well so you don't even need to be runed up to do these runs! :lol

The keeps 2 chest is really low spawning though, isn't it?

Mmm...maybe it's time to put another 4 man chest hunting party together :p

The only times I hit Keep L2 chest was at the end of a very long dead end. Is there a spawn where it's really close to the WP?

LordCanti

The only times I hit Keep L2 chest was at the end of a very long dead end. Is there a spawn where it's really close to the WP?

There's one where it goes to an outside area right by the door, and there's a chest sometimes.

The spawn rate was incredibly low compared to the other chest though.

With any farm spot i always use a 4 man team..

It was easy to get four people for the easily accessible chest, but getting four people for harder to find ones is kind of difficult.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thanks folks. i set it up through the website and turned on the SMS service and that did it

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I just started Act 2 on Inferno (Act 1 was not that difficult at all for me), and I am getting my ass kicked as a WD, even against normal mobs. I guess I need to farm for better gear...

Here's my current stats:

1Gcppl.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My prediction, and someone feel free to tell me that I'm wrong and why I'm wrong, is that the big Demon Hunter / maybe-other-classes stat after the Increased Attack Speed nerf will be Crit Chance. Right now, I'm using my funds to buy cheap-but-high-crit rings and amulets with good dexterity off the Gold AH, and I'm holding onto them to sell for after 1.0.3 hits.

Wiz for sure. My wiz build was pure crit chance (42%) with almost 300% crit bonus and I was doing a sustained 77k dps with + arcane power on crits there before I cashed out. Farming Act III inferno became a piece of cake with that build @ 1.40 atk speed with my wand (would have been more if Inna's Glory weren't broken, but that and 25% move speed was more than sufficient to step kite). My crit gear has sold well on the AH, think folks are already onto it. My crit/crit bonus ammy with int went for $75 pretty fast. The 1099 dps wand with a socket and +arcane power on crit was the bulk of my worth and went for 30m/$300 through a straight trade before RMAH. I can see wizards paying a lot to get that last +power on crit slot on a good wand.

Also know some barbs are already having luck with this.

vaelic

Banned
is this a bug? When ppl logged in to my game I got achievements for raising the jeweler and blacksmith to lvl 10, even though theyre not......

My Paypal is linked to my Battle.net account, but I still can't use it to deposit funds on the RMAH. Does it take a while to link, or something?

LegoDad

Sprint past them. I've actually been killing them all lately though by using Sprint/RLTW what I like to call melee kiting :lol Basically build up fury with frenzy on a pack. Hit sprint, sprint backwards to kite until you get a tornado. If your tornado is up and they're still far away, sprint half the distance you did to get the tornado then run forward towards your tornado to stack two. Now move half way backwards so you're standing a bit behind both your tornadoes and builld more fury. With 2 tornadoes and high ASI you should be doing about 1.6-2x dps and since you're kiting you'll be engaging most targets 1v1, 1v4 max instead of being surrounded by 10 things. If you have LoH you can circle kite groups and build up bursts of 3-4 seconds of 5-10k heal per tick as well.

zKyrd.jpg

Here are my skills. I just realized making this screen shot that I've been running Frenzy with no rune for the last 5 runs as well so you don't even need to be runed up to do these runs! :lol

I hate kiting.. i want to kill people not run away

eek5

I hate kiting.. i want to kill people not run away

I still tank for 5-6 seconds at a time but why not do it with double the dps and taking away any chance of getting stun locked by the roid raged ground punchers? My return on LoH is insane with tornadoes up too. When enemies burst damage me for 6-12k hp I usually heal the next tick even without having to charge or using revenge.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I just started Act 2 on Inferno (Act 1 was not that difficult at all for me), and I am getting my ass kicked as a WD, even against normal mobs. I guess I need to farm for better gear...

Here's my current stats:

1Gcppl.jpg

2K armor? That's wayyyyyy too low. Shoot for at least 5K unbuffed.

11k dps? Did you avoid elites with extra HP, or were you very persistent?

moop1167

Here's my current stats:

1Gcppl.jpg

Need more dps. I couldn't do act 2 comfortably until I had 22k-25k dps.

Radec

Here's my current stats:

1Gcppl.jpg

That str and dex are really really low. Even if it's not your primary attribute, it does help. Also armor and dps.

My wiz got 30k dps, 6k armor and still getting my ass kicked.

:/

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
2K armor? That's wayyyyyy too low. Shoot for at least 5K unbuffed.

11k dps? Did you avoid elites with extra HP, or were you very persistent?

Alright, I'll try to get some gear with some armor on it. lol

Wasn't that hard killing most elites with the build I'm running, I was persistent if I did have trouble though.

Need more dps. I couldn't do act 2 comfortably until I had 22k-25k dps.

Normal mobs are killing me in two or three hits. lol

Man, hitting a wall in Inferno act 2. Been playing with a friend of mine the whole game, he's DH and I'm Wiz. His DPS is about 50k, hp around 25k, my DPS is around 25k, HP near 20k (FArmor). We can mop the floor with act 1 and run NV x5 to Jailer to Butcher quick as hell, 3 rares a pop but the loot is awful. Always crap almost. Rarely something to use just barely inching.

Act 2 however is insane. We've managed to make it around the blood quest, but get constantly hammered by insane champions. We've spent the last few days farming act 1 and made very little in the way of progress as soon as we try Act 2 once again. Any tips or anyone want to help out (maybe a good tank?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom