• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinFinn

Hey guys, so i just got the plan for exalted grand impellor and i was wondering if it is a good idea to try my luck in crafting some pieces.

What is the general consensus between a 1handed and 2handed xbow as an end game weapon?

This is my current weapon btw:

zeasp.png

Neki

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

30 minutes left, the raffle will probably be done at 5:30 because I still have to record a bunch of people still!

Hey guys, so i just got the plan for exalted grand impellor and i was wondering if it is a good idea to try my luck in crafting some pieces.

I made a couple of million from crafting doomcasters (6 prop XBow) but the good roll's are few and far between. It's cool though having something to throw mat's and extra gold at with the possibility of getting something cool.

Ferrio

Banned

What is the general consensus between a 1handed and 2handed xbow as an end game weapon?

This is my current weapon btw:

zeasp.png

Just so you know, the bow I sold for $200 was almost an exact carbon copy of that.

Ferrio

Banned
I just realized that Amulets, Belts, and Rings can roll +Max Discipline.

This changes everything ><

No they can't, show me something to prove they can.

edit: Oh legendary, ya maybe.. legendaries always have non standard stats.

Anyways, 50 disc is fine for me. Usually I don't die cause I run outta disc, usually its due to my own error.

LordCanti

I think only one legendary belt can roll max disc. What legendary items roll max disc for amulets and rings?

Random Legendary Ammy's. Stone of Jordan for rings, but they're super rare with that affix +dex.

Oh and yeah, the one belt as well. There are gloves too, but they're low level trash.

Anyways, 50 disc is fine for me. Usually I don't die cause I run outta disc, usually its due to my own error.

99% of my deaths come from someone chucking a tongue or a spear (or an entire oppressor) from off screen while the cooldown is in effect.

Extra discipline would be fantastic for DPS'ing down champ mobs though. A run usually ends when my discipline is gone and they slapchop me.

Ferrio

Banned
99% of my deaths come from someone chucking a tongue or a spear (or an entire oppressor) from off screen while the cooldown is in effect.

Extra discipline would be fantastic for DPS'ing down champ mobs though. A run usually ends when my discipline is gone and they slapchop me.

Ah, I rarely run out. Tactical advantage passive, and backup plan make it really hard to run out.

RDreamer

Do the followers stay at 59 forever, or what's the deal with that. All of mine have been 59 for a long time. Do I have to take them back to hell and get experience or something?

Is there no other option for farming Izual for the Staff of Herding plans than to run ALL the way back through Gardens of Hope and Silver Spire?

Is it worth it to build up 5 stacks first?

I assume he drops them on Normal mode right?

Do the followers stay at 59 forever, or what's the deal with that. All of mine have been 59 for a long time. Do I have to take them back to hell and get experience or something?

They level really slowly from 59-60, which is kind of annoying as they're sort of worthless below the level cap in Inferno when you can't give them good stuff. I'm trying to boost my Templar so he can tank for me, but I took him around for maybe an hour today and his XP bar only moved about a tenth of the way there or less.

My Enchantress is already level 60 and she's fine with 1000+ DPS. Templar is pretty much dead weight to me though till I can equip him with level 60 stuff. He's got a paltry 160 or so DPS, and about half my health (and I'm a DH.)

Neki

30 minutes left, the raffle will probably be done at 5:30 because I still have to record a bunch of people still!

Give away entering is now over. As long as you PM'd me before this post, you're good to go. I just need to count and draw names now. Good luck to everyone!

They level really slowly from 59-60, which is kind of annoying as they're sort of worthless below the level cap in Inferno when you can't give them good stuff. I'm trying to boost my Templar so he can tank for me, but I took him around for maybe an hour today and his XP bar only moved about a tenth of the way there or less.

If you need to level up any follower, do Doom in Wortham inferno.

It should only take 30 minutes to get the last level.

Is there no other option for farming Izual for the Staff of Herding plans than to run ALL the way back through Gardens of Hope and Silver Spire?

He can drop the plan on any difficulty. Start from the Prime Evil quest and take the waypoint to Crystal Colonnade and progress from there. You can ignore the ghosts and just run right past them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yes he drops them on normal.

He can drop the plan on any difficulty. Start from the Prime Evil quest and take the waypoint to Crystal Colonnade and progress from there. You can ignore the ghosts and just run right past them.

If I start from the Prime Evil quest isn't he already dead?

Edit: Ahh nvm, yea that's much faster

ThinFinn

I made a couple of million from crafting doomcasters (6 prop XBow) but the good roll's are few and far between. It's cool though having something to throw mat's and extra gold at with the possibility of getting something cool.

Well I'm kinda broke right now as i just bought an andy's helm so i guess I'll just have to wait till i have that extra gold.

In terms of dps, does a 1handed xbow with good rolls have the potential to have better stats than my current weapon? Or should i just continue to farm act 3 and hope to find something better?

Just so you know, the bow I sold for $200 was almost an exact carbon copy of that.

Oh my... As tempting as it may sound, i do not have a decent weapon to farm act 3 reliably if i sell this xbow. :/

Btw, I'll be happy to craft for any DH who are interested.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'm kinda broke right now as i just bought an andy's helm so i guess I'll just have to wait till i have that extra gold.

In terms of dps, does a 1handed xbow with good rolls have the potential to have better stats than my current weapon? Or should i just continue to farm act 3 and hope to find something better?

Oh my... As tempting as it may sound, i do not have a decent weapon to farm act 3 reliably if i sold this xbow. :/

Btw, I'll be happy to craft for any DH who are interested.

I just sold it, then bought a blue 1k dps bow with 83% crit damage for 1.5 mil gold.

Also... this just dropped. Is it good resist for warriors?
1PXpY.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is fine but shoulders like that seem to be really common and cheap. Once the str and vit get into triple digits is when it starts selling for lots.

Telaso

Banned
Also... this just dropped. Is it good resist for warriors?
http://i.imgur.com/1PXpY.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Warriors running around with 250k hp killin that deathwing fellow.

Bored. But I think its enough for some barbs/monks to be interested.

RDreamer

Is it even possible to have a melee build and gear that can do a lot of these elites in Act III and IV solo? I mean I just ran into illusionist desecrator jailor vortex guys, and you can't even maneuver at all. You just get pulled back, then jailed inside the desecration spot and then you just die. I can't image the type of resists you'd have to have to not get annihilated by that, considering I was running into the thousands and it still killed me in seconds. Then after that group I got a great illusionist minions arcane molten group of those small flying dragon things that Act 3 has. There's no way in fuck you can do that solo without kiting back through the entire map.

Definity

I give up on the RMAH. I post stuff that is better and is undercutting everything else and my shit just sits there while the other more expensive things move. What gives? Maybe if I price it at $250 it will sell.

inky

It is fine but shoulders like that seem to be really common and cheap. Once the str and vit get into triple digits is when it starts selling for lots.

Plus at that point you might as well go for 70+ all resists, and fire/physical instead of wasting 400k+ on sidegrades. Not bad shoulders, but won't sell for a lot.

Saw this over reddit lol.

Needs an "available on tuesdays" checkmark for the rock as well.

First good drop of the day:

RBs0B.jpg

Any idea what it would go for? Not many Ammy's with high Int, Attack speed Crit chance AND Vit, but I'm not sure if the Vit really makes that much of a difference for the Wizards and WD's out there. Hopefully it does, cheapest ammy with all 4 is $250 on the RMAH. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Picked these up from Cydaea:

Njzxa.jpg

I'm sure dex is the preferred random stat, but I kinda figure vit is the next best thing. None of the cheap ones I've been through on the AH have vit yet, at least. Any idea on value?

scosher

First good drop of the day:

RBs0B.jpg

Any idea what it would go for? Not many Ammy's with high Int, Attack speed Crit chance AND Vit, but I'm not sure if the Vit really makes that much of a difference for the Wizards and WD's out there. Hopefully it does, cheapest ammy with all 4 is $250 on the RMAH. :lol

That is incredibly good. I suspect 7 figures?

ThinFinn

Browsing through this thread and seeing all the insane drops just makes me sad.

Horrible loots for today, literally salvaged everything for mats.

Oh well, back to farming..

LegoDad

If I start from the Prime Evil quest isn't he already dead?

Edit: Ahh nvm, yea that's much faster

I'm looking into making this too, just need that damn Gem in Act III.

Was about to ask gaf if any 4 wanted to go in on the staff price 1/4 of the price each. Then we can farm Pony land together.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Whenever I did it, I found that magic find REDUCES the chance of him dropping it. Might have been fixed by now.

LordCanti

Picked these up from Cydaea:

Njzxa.jpg

I'm sure dex is the preferred random stat, but I kinda figure vit is the next best thing. None of the cheap ones I've been through on the AH have vit yet, at least. Any idea on value?

Boots can get 200+ Dex, with vita and 12% movement without being a set item. Those aren't very good by comparison. Someone will buy them to get their second Nat set item (for the bonus) but they won't fetch top dollar/gold.

RDreamer

I really feel like you can't find jack crap in this game unless you can roll through 5 elites. So even though I can still kill some elites on act 3 that's not good enough unless I somehow luck out on a blue item... Really discouraging

Browsing through this thread and seeing all the insane drops just makes me sad.

Horrible loots for today, literally salvaged everything for mats.

Oh well, back to farming..

I can post the mountains of shit items I get if it'll make you happier. I find that there's about 1 item out of 15 that is actually usable.

Neki

The give away is over, here are the stats!

Crossbow entrants: 16
One-handed mace entrants: 3
Two-handed sword entrants: 34
One-handed axe entrants: 15
One-handed dagger entrants: 23
Wizard off-hand entrants: 4

The winners are:

The Worthy Hellion Crossbow from Beyond
Ubertag (#7)

Vaunted Demolisher of Conflagration
Myclonic Jerk (#2)

The Slayer
nitric0 (#27)

Daring Flayer
Shadow_Child (#10)

Shank Lock
Xamdou (#9)

Champion Demi Lich
Kryptonite (#3)

Congratulations to all winners, I'll be shortly adding everyone soon. If you didn't win anything, don't worry, I'll be holding several more give-aways in the near future!

Le-mo

The give away is over, here are the stats!

Crossbow entrants: 16
One-handed mace entrants: 3
Two-handed sword entrants: 34
One-handed axe entrants: 15
One-handed dagger entrants: 23
Wizard off-hand entrants: 4

The winners are:

The Worthy Hellion Crossbow from Beyond
Ubertag (#7)

Vaunted Demolisher of Conflagration
Myclonic Jerk (#2)

The Slayer
nitric0 (#27)

Daring Flayer
Shadow_Child(#10)

Shank Lock
Xamdou (#9)

Champion Demi Lich
Kryponite (#3)

Congratulations to all winners, I'll be shortly adding everyone soon. If you didn't win anything, don't worry, I'll be holding several more give-aways in the near future!
Boo I never win anything.

Congrats fellows.

Ferrio

Banned
But wouldn't the lack of 270 dex affect your dps significantly?

I'll still look out for any cheap xbow so that i can sell this though. Dat $200!

It did... enough to matter? No, I'm farming act 4 fine.

Instead of being 50k/99k (non sharp/sharp) I'm at 44k/90k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom