• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

I hear about people doing this, but I don't think I have ever come close to doing this. But I guess Barbarians would be much less likely to do this accidentally than a Wiz, WD or DH?
Yeah, you don't need to kite as much (or at all, depending) as a Barb or Monk. If you kite downwards you're essentially switching between clicking above your character and below your character rapidly. When you panic or you're kinda sloppy for a bit you might end up accidentally pulling a skill off your bar. Sucks.

LordCanti

Just for clarification, they are just nerfing Increases Attack Speed, not Attack Speed Increased By, right?

Would be a shame... I like my Andariel's Visage and Boj Anglers...

Isn't "attack speed increased by" bugged?

Yeah, you don't need to kite as much (or at all, depending) as a Barb or Monk. If you kite downwards you're essentially switching between clicking above your character and below your character rapidly. When you panic or you're kinda sloppy for a bit you might end up accidentally pulling a skill off your bar. Sucks.

We also have to contend with accidentally clicking co-op partners faces on the left hand side of the screen (which brings up a show stopping menu you have to click off of real fast).

It's really just bad UI design on Blizzard's part.

RS4-

I don't think so, doesn't seem they are reducing the cost to go higher than what drops already, Flawless Squares.

Oh even then, I still had to make a few flawless squares and above lol, especially since I needed 3 instead of the upcoming 2.

Ugh.

DSmalls84

Joined with a demon hunter on my barb and got to zk in inferno. This basically consisted of me leaping and charging from checkpoint to checkpoint. Had 2 wizards join us and got to zk and one of them went afk so we all left. 1.3 cant come soon enough.

balddemon

Banned
this game is so boring now lol

all there is for me to do is butcher runs on my barb or lvl my 35 monk. i'm not touching my DH until i can fund him with my barb.

maybe i just need a nap.

Alex

Act IV Inferno Exquisite Chests only dropping white items, aw yeah. 3 in a row.

It's amazing how far they'll go in breaking this game to cull people farming. WoW-style hotfixing but on fucking crack.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I know I've heard the term "bugged" in relation to Inna's pants. Maybe it's not related.

The attack speed on Inna's Glory (among others) does NOT work. "IAS/Increases attack speed" is a weapon modification, it will not work on armor.

"ASI/Attack speed increased by" is for armor and that piece of gear will only increase your attack speed if it says this at the moment.

They're so goddamned annoying when they run just out of reach, then when you give up to punch something else they come right back, taunting you.

I'm not sure what I hate worse, those or those pestilence things. I have no idea how to even go about beating a group of those pestilence guys. Their hand move is just devastating.

Barb or Monk? On Barb I just raped a gruop of Horde pestilence guys. Put on Sprint with tornados, kite in circle until dead.

Grampasso

mojo.png

How much is this worth? o_O

LordCanti

The attack speed on Inna's Glory (among others) does NOT work. "IAS/Increases attack speed" is a weapon modification, it will not work on armor.

"ASI/Attack speed increased by" is for armor and that piece of gear will only increase your attack speed if it says this at the moment.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I always see people selling them, and I have to assume that people keep buying them and getting ripped off.

mojo.png

How much is this worth? o_O

Honestly? 2273. The damage is very very low end (it goes into the 300's I think). Everything else is a fantastic roll though, so who knows. Maybe someone will want it.

Edit: Apparently the mana isn't great going by Drkirby's post. So not every other roll is fantastic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not much. Damage is really low, and 100 mana really isn't that much.

Protip: Don't vender crappy level 60's, salvage then and sell the parts. Essences go for 2k, tears 1k, brim is worth 20k.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just for clarification, they are just nerfing Increases Attack Speed, not Attack Speed Increased By, right?

Would be a shame... I like my Andariel's Visage and Boj Anglers...

They are nerfing both, sorry. Values being about halved from what we know at the moment.

Also what's funny is atm some Boj Anglers have IAS (which means you're not getting an attack speed increase by wearing them) and some have ASI.

Totakeke

Yeah, that's what I thought. I always see people selling them, and I have to assume that people keep buying them and getting ripped off.\

Half of it, the other half is because they promised to fix the IAS so it was an investment.

But now it seems like it's a horrible one even if they fix it. :p

LordCanti

M6rOK.jpg

Dropped from a lowly Act 2 spider in Inferno of all things. I wonder what I can sell it for.

Lower IAS than vendor junk rings. Lower MF than junk rings.

mmm...9% to Demons...is that a lot? Is that worth not having high main stat on a ring?

My gut says nothing. Check the AH though.

Hierophant is worth like 1 mil at least last I remembered. 9% damage increase against demons is very significant.

More than 15% IAS (which is +2% over that ring) + 100 of a main stat (which is a fairly cheap ring)?

I guess my gut sucks lol.

Edit: 400k seems more like it. I see one for 1m that isn't selling. 400k is definitely better than nothing.

Totakeke

Lower IAS than vendor junk rings. Lower MF than junk rings.

mmm...9% to Demons...is that a lot? Is that worth not having high main stat on a ring?

My gut says nothing. Check the AH though.

Hierophant is worth like 1 mil at least last I remembered. 9% damage increase against demons is very significant.

You guys know how many times I stop playing because I'm sick of that fucking excessive timer. It seems like so little time, oh just wait 18 seconds or 25 seconds, but that's such a turnoff. I always just alt f4 the fuck out.

Alex

The res timer is indeed stupid and a complete buzz kill. It makes sense as a punishment in a game where you aren't meant to die every 3 seconds.

LordCanti

You guys know how many times I stop playing because I'm sick of that fucking excessive timer. It seems like so little time, oh just wait 18 seconds or 25 seconds, but that's such a turnoff. I always just alt f4 the fuck out.

It's usually the poor hit box that makes me rage quit.

"Yay I dodged it"
*You have Died*
"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU"

I agree though. As a DH, every time I have to wait 30 seconds, I lose my mind.

How frequently do you have to die to get a 30-second timer? I've never had to wait more than 5-10.
I think it's 3 seconds for the first 2 deaths in a row, then it goes to 8 I think, then 14-18 something like that. Then it just goes to 24-28 and fuck that.

I agree though. As a DH, every time I have to wait 30 seconds, I lose my mind.
that's what's so annoying, I'm a DH soloing act 3 currently, I die so fucking often it isn't even funny.

Artanisix

Also reddit going ballistic about the IAS changes. People screaming about how THE END IS NEAR AND I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROGRESS THROUGH INFERNO NOW WITH MY NERFED IAS and yet they have no clue how big the Inferno nerfs are going to be, so it's way too early to make that claim... Jesus. Someone told me that if I don't play a monk then I'm a piece of shit and should borrow mommy's credit card because I obviously don't understand the nerf.

I... I think I'll stay away from reddit.

RDreamer

Barb or Monk? On Barb I just raped a gruop of Horde pestilence guys. Put on Sprint with tornados, kite in circle until dead.

Monk :(

They just take me by complete surprise since they can attack so suddenly from nearly off screen, and the puddle still damages me quite badly even if I manage to get away from what I'm attacking right away.

LordCanti

Also reddit going ballistic about the IAS changes. People screaming about how THE END IS NEAR AND I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROGRESS THROUGH INFERNO NOW WITH MY NERFED IAS and yet they have no clue how big the Inferno nerfs are going to be, so it's way too early to make that claim... Jesus. Someone told me that if I don't play a monk then I'm a piece of shit and should borrow mommy's credit card because I obviously don't understand the nerf.

I... I think I'll stay away from reddit.

Stay away from the official Diablo 3 forums as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, good thing I never really bought any IAS gear, I had been using some vender rings that gave 15% IAS and 65 int to farm act 2 though.

MrDaravon

Inferno difficulty nerfs are going to need to be pretty goddamn significant to counteract the attack speed nerf though, especially for Demon Hunters. I have something like 42k unbuffed damage on my 60 DH and I still literally cannot get through Act 2, and I'm going to lose about 13k DPS with this nerf, soooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom