• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Personally, wait until after the patch + one week.

61/62 items will get the same DPS as 63... therefore a weapon that costs 20 mil now, will probably be around 3 mil in two weeks time.

Stay strong and be a smart consumer!

That sounds good to me, Thanks!

Woo-Fu

Banned
If I still played Diablo 3 I'd be upset that Blizzard was destroying the only high damage Witch Doctor build AGAIN.

Ploid 3.0

If I still played Diablo 3 I'd be upset that Blizzard was destroying the only high damage Witch Doctor build AGAIN.

Yeah since I quit WD very early when people didn't beat act 2 and zombie bears + VQ was first put in a video clearing act 1, I never got to that high end WD damage dealing. After reading about it more it really seems like WD won't be useful still unless their other spells are brought up to VQ zombie bears effectiveness. They are limited in how many pets they can call, I wish it was like necromancer sounds from D2, or at least the undead pets in Path of Exile. No cool down and it didn't matter if they died because I could just call another from a dead corpse.

Social issues: WD is Socially Discriminated

I didn't know WD's had it this bad. I never played public games, and I always played with friends that didn't mind what I picked. Even with zombie bears WD have a hard time being accepted in groups. One guy had his own group and talked about the setup and one of the first comments was "why not change the WD for another wizard!" His reply was just, because I'm the WD.

Group Play with a WD....a fresh way to play.

I'm still going to give WD a chance, and am still selling everything extra that I have for wd gear.

Edit: Hmm Zombie Bears VQ build seem like it wasn't all broken like it's made out to be. It looks like spin barb but you don't move all that much. You still have to get out of the way and survive stuff.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQwNDQyODAw.html

kennah

Yay! I`m in Inferno with my Barb!

Currently rocking about 400 in all resists, 25000 thorns damage, 14k dps and a 23% crit chance with 157% crit damage.

Any advice

I'm playing monk as main for 200h now. I never was able to hit the 20k dps and keep more than 700 all res. Can't tank Ghom. Can't tank most elites in Act 3. and sometimes getting trashed.

I feel I'm missing something. I could tank diablo inferno in an average group, same goes for Asmodan and such.

Yesterday a DH friend wants to switch and be a tank. He tries DH build. Spent a million on a tank stuff. And here he goes, tanking Ghom inferno, in a 4 player lobby, ALONE.

Fucking none sens. I'm so frustrated at this game. I've been working my ass, optmising my gear for dozen of hours and here it is, a fucking DH out of nowhere tank better than me with same dps.

Buff monks Blizzard. Buff hard.

foladar

Tuesday in the earth timeline or in the Blizzard Continuum timeline?

Seeing as the patch notes are being data mined already and all that's really left is the post on mf, and they've announced 8 hours of downtime for Tuesday yesterday, it's likely to be Tuesday. (And Guild Wars 2 comes out Friday night for early prepurchase)

Seeing as the patch notes are being data mined already and all that's really left is the post on mf, and they've announced 8 hours of downtime for Tuesday yesterday, it's likely to be Tuesday. (And Guild Wars 2 comes out Friday night for early prepurchase)
one would hope. I'll never trust blizzard when it comes to these things being on time but it would be nice.

It sucks to wait because I'm kind of turned off from playing knowing all these changes are coming. It kinda feels like a waste of time to farm now.

Cipherr

Indeed

Levels string1: You are now earning Paragon XP!
[*[]Each Paragon Level you gain grants a Gold and Magic Find bonus.

That sounds alot like extra "levels" to be gained after hitting the level cap which is fucking awesome.

That's not exactly a difficult programming problem.

Noone is going to farm with this ring, they will put an internal cooldown on it of a few minutes on top of a low but worthwhile proc chance and you would be better off farming a goblin every 40 seconds at the Road to Alcarnus by recreating fresh games. Its very easy for them to make it a nice bonus on the ring without making it worthwhile to try and exploit by some gold farmers.

Dahbomb

I wish they had buffed some of the other Monk passives and skills too but this is a good start at least. Also reduced cost on Multishot but still no word on Strafe and Fan of Knives. Sentry buff is eh... Still going to be under used.

A lot of the buffs are just straight damage buffs. I don't think Blizzard knows why some of these skills aren't used.

scy

Noone is going to farm with this ring, they will put an internal cooldown on it of a few minutes on top of a low but worthwhile proc chance and you would be better off farming a goblin every 40 seconds at the Road to Alcarnus by recreating fresh games. Its very easy for them to make it a nice bonus on the ring without making it worthwhile to try and exploit by some gold farmers.

Also, the ring is bad stat wise :x

foladar

Can't wait to hear more about the Paragon leveling stuff, sounds like with 12 "portraits" we'd get one per 5 levels, so there would be an additional 60 levels of Paragon. It'd make sense, anyway.

Ploid 3.0

This is new thread worthy, or at least an immediate title change!! I'm so pumped up right now. Merit points (FFXI) for MF and GF! wowow. This patch looks fun, also a good incentive to party with friends joining for exp not just farming loot.

scy

Hm. Did they remove Movement Speed as an affix?

Edit: On that note, some of the sets look really good now and some of the new Legendaries sound like they could be ridiculous (e.g., Legendary Daibo with a +100% IAS proc). There's a few more good off-slot items as well (e.g., Witching Hour belt with IAS%, Crit Damage%). Interesting.

Cipherr

The added levels thing really has pushed my hype over the cliff. They needed this BADLY. This is just fan fucking tastic.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Intrigued by the new GF/MF leveling system.

Kinda surprised that only one wizard passive skill has been altered. New cold blooded is cool (I'll probably switch to it), but this isn't gonna increase build diversity all that much. The rest of the wiz stuff (that has been revealed so far) is pretty much dmg buffs across the board and nothing else.

@ElyrionX: the list doesn't contain all the changes so far. They also said that the arcane torrent rune that fires at random would be less random, and yet it's not in the list. I wouldn't be worried just yet.

scy

They did nothing to the Wizard armor spells? WTF?

Huh, Ice Armor was on the list. Odd, it is missing now. The standout to me was Crystallize being +30% Armor when hit (stacks up to 3 times).

Edit: Actually, looking at the data dump, it's probably an error (Ice Armor is also listed as having a ridiculously huge Armor buff itself).

scy

Holy crap did they really implement Kripps idea of Champion levels? That would be godlike...

To be fair, nearly everyone talked about AA implementation. It's been brought up many times over the course of these threads too.

Ploid 3.0

Dang WD's spider spells are sick now. from like 10% weapon damage per spider attack to up to 140% per spider, leaping spiders the ultimate kite spell bwahaha.

Corpse Spiders Cost: 5 Mana / Throw a jar with 4 spiders that attack nearby enemies for a total of 120% (up from 16%) weapon damage as Physical before dying.

Blazing Spiders : Summon fire spiders that deal a total of 156% (up from 21%) weapon damage as Fire.

Spider Queen : Summon a spider queen that births spiderlings, dealing 630% (up from 16%) weapon damage as Poison over 15 seconds. (Previously stated "to enemies in the area") / You may only have one spider queen summoned at a time.

Leaping Spiders : Summon jumping spiders that leap up to 25 yards to reach their target and attack for a total of 144% (up from 19%) weapon damage as Physical.

Edit: Holy crap, Grasp of the dead is sick damage alone (base spell, not even factoring runes) now too. Wait wait, what's going on hahaha.

Grasp of the Dead Cost: 123 Mana / Cooldown: 8 seconds / Ghoulish hands reach out from the ground, slowing enemy movement by 60% and dealing 320% (up from 20%) weapon damage as Physical over 8 seconds (Previously stated "for 8 seconds").

Groping Eels : Increases the damage done to 416% (up from 26%) weapon damage as Physical.

Death Is Life : Enemies who die while in the area of Grasp of the Dead have a 10% chance (up from 5%) to produce a health globe or summon a Zombie Dog (Previously did not have a chance to summon a Zombie Dog).

WD buffed, lolbears?

The chance to summon zombie dogs from killing stuff in certain ways have been increased, so a zombie dog build will be more effective, and exploding dogs!!! woo boy!

VertPin

Mobile Authenticator? Did you go through the procedure on Battle.net to get a new Serial and Restore code? They're forcing everyone to do that because of the hacking issue.

Yes the mobile authenticator. And I can't even log in to battle.net on the website because my authenticator code is invalid, even when restoring and resyncing.

Natiko

Banned
I really like the sound of this new leveling stuff.

Hm. Did they remove Movement Speed as an affix?

Edit: On that note, some of the sets look really good now and some of the new Legendaries sound like they could be ridiculous (e.g., Legendary Daibo with a +100% IAS proc). There's a few more good off-slot items as well (e.g., Witching Hour belt with IAS%, Crit Damage%). Interesting.

I really hope not, sold a pair of really nice Firewalkers once they announced the new versions would have the trail of fire following you. The only consolation I have is I have an okay set of rare boots still with movement speed.

syllogism

I hope some of these legendary item tool tips are inaccurate. For example wizard spike sounds nice as it has up to +50% dmg, +11% ias, 70-80 all res among other things, but it doesn't have any +elemental damage and no random prop, meaning the damage would actually be worse than it currently is, and that would be pretty ridiculous

e: I think all the weapon tooltips are missing elemental damage, so probably nothing to worry about

syllogism

SoJ, Skull grasp and mara's kaleidoscope can roll any of the 58 skill dmg, skill crit and skill resource cost reduction properties, so it's probably possible to reduce a lot of skills to 0 cost

A lot of the legendaries can still get pretty bad rolls, especially off-hands

Noone is going to farm with this ring
Wasn't arguing, just stating that having a bot chase a goblin down is fairly trivial from a programming perspective.

Also, can anyone explain what they think is going on with magic find? I'm not sure I'm following. I really hope they don't drop it, I've spent tens of millions of gold building a decent farming set (rather than one you just swap in and out).

scy

Wasn't arguing, just stating that having a bot chase a goblin down is fairly trivial from a programming perspective.

Also, can anyone explain what they think is going on with magic find? I'm not sure I'm following. I really hope they don't drop it, I've spent tens of millions of gold building a decent farming set (rather than one you just swap in and out).

There's MF%/GF% on some Legendaries still so I don't think they removed anything. The only affix that seems to be missing is Movement Speed, which I hope is them just upping everyone's base Movement.

SRTtoZ

Personally, wait until after the patch + one week.

61/62 items will get the same DPS as 63... therefore a weapon that costs 20 mil now, will probably be around 3 mil in two weeks time.

Stay strong and be a smart consumer!

Not quite. A great item now will still be a great item after the patch. Yes a 61/62 max dps can match a 63 but it will still be limited by the amt/chance of the affixes it generates.

theta11

Aw man, still won't use Seven Sided Strike XD

Still no build diversity with monks due to passives being relatively untouched.

Cold-blooded got a really big buff. You can use that passive and give the scoundrel a Cold damage bow to tag mobs having to use a slot on Blizzard/Frost Hydra/Ray of Frost.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Cold-blooded got a really big buff. You can use that passive and give the scoundrel a Cold damage bow to tag mobs having to use a slot on Blizzard/Frost Hydra/Ray of Frost.

That's not a buff. It always worked that way. The description was just unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom