• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tifa-1473/hero/15227390

I have about 1400 LoH and 2.6% life steal, and 50k health. I was thinking maybe I should swap the health gems to str gems to raise some desperately needed dps.

Should I go with Nerves of Steel or Tough as Nails?

you can drop some of that vit, actually. As long as you have around 800 res(buffed), you should be fine with around 35k-40k hp with enough LOH. I personally use superstition instead of any of the armor buffs. Really helps a lot with those elites with molten and other annoying affixes for melee classes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sublime-6909/hero/12665353

here's my Barb. She isn't anything amazing, but it's a good reference for a cheap barb that can pretty much just shit all over act 3. When I party with people I replace one of my crit gems with LOH, but when I solo(which is never cuz fuck that boring shit) I use crit gems on both weapons.

KePoW

Banned
So yeah, booted up D3, was having some fun just killing stuff, and then I accidentally drag Ball Lightning off my bar. 5 Stacks Neph Valor gone.

Had a big "welp" moment, then quit out of the game because it's stupid that something like that should still be happening.

Yeah they need to fix that like yesterday.

Shadow780

you can drop some of that vit, actually. As long as you have around 800 res(buffed), you should be fine with around 35k-40k hp with enough LOH. I personally use superstition instead of any of the armor buffs. Really helps a lot with those elites with molten and other annoying affixes for melee classes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sublime-6909/hero/12665353

here's my Barb. She isn't anything amazing, but it's a good reference for a cheap barb that can pretty much just shit all over act 3. When I party with people I replace one of my crit gems with LOH, but when I solo(which is never cuz fuck that boring shit) I use crit gems on both weapons.

Looks like I need some good weapons, and a good amulet.

I get how WW is so popular now. It's so much faster than my tanking build, I'm gonna stay in Act 2 for gold and gears.

Natiko

Banned
I wonder what will happen to the value of some of these old sets once the patch comes out and it's (I assume) no longer possible to have them drop. I know a lot of the sets aren't great but I've always heard the Natalya's final set bonus was really good. People might start selling them for even higher amounts when they know there's a limited number of them.

syllogism

I wonder what will happen to the value of some of these old sets once the patch comes out and it's (I assume) no longer possible to have them drop. I know a lot of the sets aren't great but I've always heard the Natalya's final set bonus was really good. People might start selling them for even higher amounts when they know there's a limited number of them.
Set bonus aside, the new nats are better and there are a few other good legendaries DHs might want to use instead of nats. I think the disc regen will only be used for messing around as even now nats isn't top tier because once your gear is good enough the disc regen doesn't do you much good.

I wonder if you can wear 2 pieces of old nats and 2 pieces of new nats for double +7% crit bonus, that might be worthwhile

syllogism

There's a new Natalya set ?
It replaces the old one. Same set bonuses, except +20 disc for 4 set instead of disc regen. The new ones are ilvl 63 so all the random prop rolls can be higher and the fixed props are higher as well.

For instance I believe it's possible for the new nat boots to be +300 dex, +100 vit, +80 all res, 12% mov, +265 armor, 6% reduces dmg from melee attacks (if the random prop is +100dex/100vit)

I swapped my gear from my main tank monk to my DH. I couldn't swap the head piece but I gave the DH the sword and the shield. I tried the DH tank build.

Cleared inferno act 2, without dying once.

This is such bullshit. You can't normal pack being afk.

WTF is this balance blizzard...

ZenaxPure

That's a slightly inconvenient workaround, not a fix.

=/

How does that happen anyway? I've put 160 hours into the game now and have never dragged anything off my bar by accident. Mostly because I don't really see any reason for the mouse to be in that region of the screen I guess.

Actually come to think of it I didn't even realize you could do that. Would have made my life easier when I wanted to switch some abilities around instead of just going through the skill menu I guess lol.

How does that happen anyway? I've put 160 hours into the game now and have never dragged anything off my bar by accident. Mostly because I don't really see any reason for the mouse to be in that region of the screen I guess.

Actually come to think of it I didn't even realize you could do that. Would have made my life easier when I wanted to switch some abilities around instead of just going through the skill menu I guess lol.

Kiting downwards and then going up again rapidly probably. Hasn't really happened much to me before. If you're a melee class it probably wouldn't happen since your mouse would be in the center of the screen more than the edges. I ended up dragging my right click off, so it was just basic attack.

Tarazet

So yeah, booted up D3, was having some fun just killing stuff, and then I accidentally drag Ball Lightning off my bar. 5 Stacks Neph Valor gone.

Had a big "welp" moment, then quit out of the game because it's stupid that something like that should still be happening.

Edit: didn't read lol

ZenaxPure

As WW barb how do you guys fight single target enemies like invulnerable champions? Which skill should I use?

Try to find nearby enemies to drag them to, more enemies around the easier it will be to kill a champion with invulnerable minions... or wait till the patch ;)

Radec

I wonder what happened to this mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SXzEI08xY

It replaces the old one. Same set bonuses, except +20 disc for 4 set instead of disc regen. The new ones are ilvl 63 so all the random prop rolls can be higher and the fixed props are higher as well.

For instance I believe it's possible for the new nat boots to be +300 dex, +100 vit, +80 all res, 12% mov, +265 armor, 6% reduces dmg from melee attacks (if the random prop is +100dex/100vit)

ohhh.. now legacy natalya will now cost hundreds of millions.

Interesting, but not unexpected. It would mean people would have to actually spend some big bucks to find the same type of equipment but also with MF.

I've got my base MF up to a really usable 199% now all while having good dps and not being a total glass cannon.

I noticed in the datamined notes as well that it looks like Jagged Spikes caltrops is going to get a buff as well which is fantastic as I love using that with my build. I'm so pumped for this patch!

Cipherr

Sounds interesting, though I imagine the value of said legendaries will be a lot lower due to the inability to resell at a later date.

Yeah the BoE ones will be worth less. But AFAIK legendaries can still drop normally. So you can still get lucky and find one without a BoE tag on it that can be resold infinitely.

I love the idea of the system working this way.

Melee dont run into this problem often. You all dont have to click something at the bottom of the edge of the screen much. Ranged however often has to do that since clicking a target down there casts a spell at it, or fires a shot. Its annoying as all hell to be in a hectic situation and drag something off the bar.

I noticed in the datamined notes as well that it looks like Jagged Spikes caltrops is going to get a buff as well which is fantastic as I love using that with my build. I'm so pumped for this patch!

Are you sure thats a buff? I looked at it, but I thought it was just them rewording it.

woober

So after getting scammed of 4.5 mil gold (I'm trying not to think about it)... this dropped!

iGgQ0Svj5ev4N.png

Finally a weapon with all useful stats. The problem now is the auction house limits to 3 stat filters. I put it up for 20 mil start bid and 99mil buy out. LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.

equil

So after getting scammed of 4.5 mil gold (I'm trying not to think about it)... this dropped!

iGgQ0Svj5ev4N.png

Finally a weapon with all useful stats. The problem now is the auction house limits to 3 stat filters. I put it up for 20 mil start bid and 99mil buy out. LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.

I doubt you'll get 20m for it.

Radec

Which should I equip as a barb?

Also, how much should I sell the other one?
F7sdb.jpeg

Holy camoly.

You can use PrintScreen bro.

It goes to your: C:\Users\<Your User Here>\Documents\Diablo III\Screenshots

Anyway, to be honest, not much. Probably under 50-100k. No Socket and slow attack speed.

Holy camoly.

You can use PrintScreen bro.

It goes to your: C:\Users\<Your User Here>\Documents\Diablo III\Screenshots

Anyway, to be honest, not much. Probably under 50-100k. No Socket and slow attack speed.

uh... if only weapons could be that cheap.

Anyone with a 700 dps one hand with one main stats is going for millions. It kills me. Why weapons are so damn expensive

zulux21

uh... if only weapons could be that cheap.

Anyone with a 700 dps one hand with one main stats is going for millions. It kills me. Why weapons are so damn expensive

they aren't o_O:
here is one I found in oh 30 seconds of searching
7aaa157aebf54c4896996e3.png

unless the weapon has high LoH, or Crit damage, or a DPS over 900 they really don't go for much anymore lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
As WW barb how do you guys fight single target enemies like invulnerable champions? Which skill should I use?
I usually have berserker up all the time, so that helps. I take it easy on the WW and mostly just sprint in circles around it when the shield is down. If you're talking about invulnerable minions, just go right in and zerg rush the main boss. You can still generate fury from the hits on the minions so it's fine. You just won't get life on hit. In most cases, if you just train a bunch of trash mobs to the boss pack, you can use those trash mobs as fury batteries.

Are you sure thats a buff? I looked at it, but I thought it was just them rewording it.

It's not a buff, you're right. It's the same damage as before. Difference between "for" and "over". Damage per second vs total damage over the full duration.

Melville

I've yet to sell any item for more than 10,000 gold. How much could I get for a 1080 DPS crossbow with 103 vita, 11 IAS and 300 LoH?

I'm still not sure if I should keep it or sell it before 1.0.4 hits.

Definity

Been awhile since I had anything of value drop. Got this today.

ib19UDg4nEXpdU.png

I should be able to get a bit of gold out of it.

kinggroin

Banned
I've yet to sell any item for more than 10,000 gold. How much could I get for a 1080 DPS crossbow with 103 vita, 11 IAS and 300 LoH?

I'm still not sure if I should keep it or sell it before 1.0.4 hits.

If you're selling now, just do a search for something similar in category and stats. Then price accordingly.

Sigmaah

iGgQ0Svj5ev4N.png

The roll on that bow is amazing, dps is good on it too, imagine if it had a socket... I think you'll be able to get a good amount for it.

And if you don't mind me asking, how'd you get scammed?

woober

The roll on that bow is amazing, dps is good on it too, imagine if it had a socket... I think you'll be able to get a good amount for it.

And if you don't mind me asking, how'd you get scammed?

Someone offered me a 800+ dps 1h with 80 int, 70 crit damage, and a socket for 4.5 mil. I knew that it was too good to be true, but I thought, hey, maybe he doesn't know the item's worth. He invites me I put down 4,500,000 and press accept. He puts his weapon down and then the window closes. I thought the trade went through. I check my inventory and I still have my money and no item. So we trade again, only this time he swaps the item for some 45 dps weapon and I don't bother to check. And that's when I realized I screwed up.

What annoys me the most is that I'm aware that scammers do this, but I guess I was too excited about the item to think about it? It was a really dumb move on my part.

Finding that bow felt like karma. I'll be happy if I get my 4.5 mil and extra back from auctioning it. And I was surprised how the bow doesn't have any extraneous stats that the class doesn't need.

Sigmaah

Someone offered me a 800+ dps 1h with 80 int, 70 crit damage, and a socket for 4.5 mil. I knew that it was too good to be true, but I thought, hey, maybe he doesn't know the item's worth. He invites me I put down 4,500,000 and press accept. He puts his weapon down and then the window closes. I thought the trade went through. I check my inventory and I still have my money and no item. So we trade again, only this time he swaps the item for some 45 dps weapon and I don't bother to check. And that's when I realized I screwed up.

What annoys me the most is that I'm aware that scammers do this, but I guess I was too excited about the item to think about it? It was a really dumb move on my part.

Finding that bow felt like karma. I'll be happy if I get my 4.5 mil and extra back from auctioning it. And I was surprised how the bow doesn't have any extraneous stats that the class doesn't need.

I hate scumbags who scam, how do they not feel bad? I'd feel terrible if I did that to someone, even though I can block them and avoid contact with them forever, I'd always feel horrible, what people will do on video games dude...

Ploid 3.0

A lot of people get tricked by that scam. Imagine how profitable it is for people doing the scamming. So many fish biting. Better than farming for gold to buy loot I bet.

woober

I hate scumbags who scam, how do they not feel bad? I'd feel terrible if I did that to someone, even though I can block them and avoid contact with them forever, I'd always feel horrible, what people will do on video games dude...

That guy had no soul. He actually said he had traded the item by mistake and asked me to drop that 45 dps weapon so he could have it back and scam other people the same way. I asked him to do it via trade and of course he just leaves the game. I'm angry at the fact that I fell for it more than I am for the millions I lost.

Zzoram

That guy had no soul. He actually said he had traded the item by mistake and asked me to drop that 45 dps weapon so he could have it back and scam other people the same way. I asked him to do it via trade and of course he just leaves the game. I'm angry at the fact that I fell for it more than I am for the millions I lost.

You could've reported him in-game, not that it would do anything, but if he gets reported by enough people then he might get banned.

Definity

It sucks I know. I got scammed out of some gold because someone had two of the visage helm. A dex version and a str version. I wanted the dex version and that's what was linked in the trade window the first time. Trade window closed and opened back up and they swapped the item. I didn't check a second time.

Lesson learned for me.

Definity

I sold a wizard spike not long ago for a little over 1mil with similar stats.

EDIT:
Actually - I wet back and checked my screen shots. My wizard spike had a socket in it.

Got a Reaper legendary WD headgear today.

It's not wroth jack. It's lvl 57 so now brimstone and it goes for about 1k on the AH...

This legendary update can't come soon enough when i'm getting one orange item every two days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom