• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Could someone copy/paste the GF/MF changes into this thread? I can't read it where I'm at right now.

They haven't been posted yet, just the datamined stuff about Paragon Levels:

AltLevelUpRewards - {s1} Magic Find and {s2} Gold Find
AltLevelUnlocked - Paragon Portrait Unlocked
AltLevelUp - Paragon Level {s1}
AltLevelUnlockedTitle - You have gained
Levels string1: You are now earning Paragon XP!
Each Paragon Level you gain grants a Gold and Magic Find bonus.

Ahhhh how annoying. Just had a run where I got 3 legendaries, and as you would expect, they all suck. They were all level 62 as well :/ At least I got 3 fiery brimstones out of it but those don't help me much.

Also got tons of level 63 items from the run. About 4 of em worth selling but for all between 500-800K, which kinda isn't worth the effort for me :p

And worst of all, I just wasted all my luck prepatch! 3 legendaries in like a 2 hour span!

V_Arnold

Ahhhh how annoying. Just had a run where I got 3 legendaries, and as you would expect, they all suck. They were all level 62 as well :/ At least I got 3 fiery brimstones out of it but those don't help me much.

Also got tons of level 63 items from the run. About 4 of em worth selling but for all between 500-800K, which kinda isn't worth the effort for me :p

And worst of all, I just wasted all my luck prepatch! 3 legendaries in like a 2 hour span!

Soooo annoying, yeah. Just like when I got 0 legendaries in the past 40+ hours of farming. PERSPECTIVE :p (especially with the new brimstone prices, lol...)

Soooo annoying, yeah. Just like when I got 0 legendaries in the past 40+ hours of farming. PERSPECTIVE :p (especially with the new brimstone prices, lol...)
my MF isn't even that high and I bet I've gotten more legendaries than people with high base MF, generally.

I just farm act 3. It seems to be the sweet spot in items.

eek5

pre.jpg

I thought the UI wasn't modular!

Shouta

1777% damage for Seven-Sided Strike? That's a serious improvement even for a 30 second timer. Burst damage on that is gonna be insane if you stack Overawe and Blinding Flash onto a single target.

scy

1777% damage for Seven-Sided Strike? That's a serious improvement even for a 30 second timer. Burst damage on that is gonna be insane if you stack Overawe and Blinding Flash onto a single target.

Put into perspective, it's stronger than Wave of Light pre-patch. Per hit.

Fulminating Onslaught with that will be interesting.

Cipherr

If you could get another Monk with a runed Mantra of Conviction refresh on a target that's also Marked for death by a Demon Hunter we might see some pretty hilarious PvP kills in 3v3 or 4vs4 or something like that.

scy

If you could get another Monk with a runed Mantra of Conviction refresh on a target that's also Marked for death by a Demon Hunter we might see some pretty hilarious PvP kills in 3v3 or 4vs4 or something like that.

Speaking of Marked for Death, there's a Legendary 1H Bow (Calamity) that procs Marked for Death. Wonder how that will work out.

Some of the procs seem like they could be useful, especially if they're based off the existing proc coefficients. Should be interesting.

V_Arnold

Hm.

This paragon stuff blindsided me.
I never imagined Blizzard being flexible enough to implement something like that.

I have heard Kripp talk about it, then thought to myself "Well, yeah man, that is what a smaller team would do who have no strong sense of direction yet, willing to pick wild - but great - ideas on the fly." **

Well done. I love it, even if I have to wait a day or two to see what really is in this system.

**Of course, this goes without saying, we need to dismiss the crazy part of his suggestion, the statgain/tenfold nerf on items, cause nope, that is not how this works :D

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I just wonder if the Paragon stuff is what they were talking about with changing the endgame to not just be about farming items. Hopefully that's a further off improvement like it originally sounded. This sounds cool and all but "now you're farming exp too for more MF!" hardly addresses the spirit of that particular problem.

Also maybe it's wishful thinking but I sure would love it to be account-wide. It would be a bummer to have a level 60 with a billion Paragon levels and not want to play any of your alts.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
The stuff could reset, for all we know. And PvP is still coming.

I'm not sure why it would reset, but I'm talking about this:

"We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already).

"Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

"We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

"Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, but we believed pre-release that the item hunt would be far more sustainable, and would work to be a proper end-game for quite a while. That didn't turn out to be true, and we recognize that."

This is technically a new progression system, but it doesn't actually change the endgame. What I'm hoping is that this is something they knew they could do quickly to add longevity, and they have something else in mind for the long term.

DTKT

I'm not sure why it would reset, but I'm talking about this:

This is technically a new progression system, but it doesn't actually change the endgame. What I'm hoping is that this is something they knew they could do quickly to add longevity, and they have something else in mind for the long term.

I wouldn't count on that. The best you'll get is that "beyond 60" leveling system and you'll have to wait for an expansion pack for more actual content.

scy

Implementing it now leaves room for expanding it to a more broad alternate advancement system down the road. Hopefully, anyway.

Definity

Did a VOTA run tonight and pulled a nice 300dps two hand legendary sword. GAH! The patch needs to get here NOW.

I'm on vacation and decided to check the thread(we have wifi here:)). That data mined info looks awesome. I didn't think they would add anything like that until 1.1

I was hoping the patch would go live a week from Tuesday, but I'll deal.

On a side note ... Check out the house we are staying at!!!

7GvXe.jpg

Wilsongt

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I actually beat that fucker Belial on the first try in Nightmare.

Also, have rares been dropping more frequently after this last patch? I've picked up so many yellows it's not even funny. Or does it just happen as you get higher into difficulties?

That's some Crytek 3 shit right there, dem graphics
Kidding, that place looks sweeeeet, enjoy
No phone here, but it's nice having wifi. I get to email my family, check out the dodger score and get my diablo discussion fix. A man has to have his priorities. Ha.

Super excited to hear more about this paragon stuff. I'm want to hear details. Seems strange they didn't mention this in any of the patch notes/ blogs prior to its release.

I'm wondering if it's something they didn't bring up because paragon was one of those things that were always a maybe in 1.0.4. I remember them talking about their silence and not wanting to get our hopes up only to let us down. Looks super cool if true though.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I actually beat that fucker Belial on the first try in Nightmare.

Also, have rares been dropping more frequently after this last patch? I've picked up so many yellows it's not even funny. Or does it just happen as you get higher into difficulties?
the problem isn't so much rares dropping, it's that most of the rares are shitty as hell. And that is what is being solved. But yes they are also making MF/GF better.

tafer

the problem isn't so much rares dropping, it's that most of the rares are shitty as hell. And that is what is being solved. But yes they are also making MF/GF better.

At this point, I would be more than happy if lvl60+ items would not longer roll stuff you may expect from gears <lvl20.

DTKT

Is it? Because I haven't seem anything about the actual rare themselves. So far, all we know is that :

Legendary items are better but drop at the same rate. Which is quite low. Have they said anything about set items?

Two-Handed weapons are now a viable choice which means that some rares have potential value now.

Rare weapons of iLevel 61 to 62 can now roll damage up the values previously reserved to iLevel63. That just concerns weapons and nothing else.

That means that all pieces of armor have the same chances of rolling garbage stats and have the same stat spread. They are just fixing rare weapons, nothing else.

Shadow780

Finally got some bare minimum gears to try WW barb, it's definitely fun!

Couple questions

1. Do you guys still MF gear switch with ww barbs?

2. What's the recommended crit stats for farming Act 2? I can do about 33% buffed (weapon master+ruthless+battlerage) and 124% crit dmg. My weapons are terrible (16k dps), nothing better yet.

3. What's the motion for the most tornados, circular or back and forth? How do I ww shielded or invulnerable enemies?

Thanks.

Is it? Because I haven't seem anything about the actual rare themselves. So far, all we know is that :

Legendary items are better but drop at the same rate. Which is quite low. Have they said anything about set items?

Two-Handed weapons are now a viable choice which means that some rares have potential value now.

Rare weapons of iLevel 61 to 62 can now roll damage up the values previously reserved to iLevel63. That just concerns weapons and nothing else.

That means that all pieces of armor have the same chances of rolling garbage stats and have the same stat spread. They are just fixing rare weapons, nothing else.
damage increases for lesser level items and higher/different affixes for rares in general are what I mean by rares being better. For instance 2 handed rares won't be automatically trash by virtue of the fact that they are 2 handed weapons and thus pointless.

I don't think there is much you can change when it comes to armor. I bet they add affixes for them too. Or something. But yeah if they don't the armour garbage will continue.

DTKT

damage increases for lesser level items and higher/different affixes for rares in general are what I mean by rares being better. For instance 2 handed rares won't be automatically trash by virtue of the fact that they are 2 handed weapons and thus pointless.

I don't think there is much you can change when it comes to armor. I bet they add affixes for them too. Or something. But yeah if they don't the armour garbage will continue.

Considering that armor counts for 3/4 if not more of the possible rare drops, I'd like Blizzard to fix them too. :)

Finally got some bare minimum gears to try WW barb, it's definitely fun!

Couple questions

1. Do you guys still MF gear switch with ww barbs?

2. What's the recommended crit stats for farming Act 2? I can do about 33% buffed (weapon master+ruthless+battlerage) and 124% crit dmg. My weapons are terrible (16k dps), nothing better yet.

3. What's the motion for the most tornados, circular or back and forth? How do I ww shielded or invulnerable enemies?

Thanks.

1) Nah, I don't don't switch when I roll with the Barb, to the annoyance of people I farm with. :p

2) 30+ should be fine for act 2. How much life on hit do you have? I had around 40k dps(buffed) when I started with my barb, though. Got really lucky with a few drops while farming with my DH, so I just used them for my barb.

3) No idea, I just try to drop tornados where the mobs are, haha. You can dance around invul mobs if you've got enough loh.

So yeah, booted up D3, was having some fun just killing stuff, and then I accidentally drag Ball Lightning off my bar. 5 Stacks Neph Valor gone.

Had a big "welp" moment, then quit out of the game because it's stupid that something like that should still be happening.

sazzy

Anyone see this on Reddit? http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/yewoz/possible_mf_leak/

MF swapping made obsolete. Your MF rises &#8216;slowly&#8217; to its max equipped value ie over ~120 seconds from you equipping a piece, its MF bonus is added to your character sheet &#8211; cant swap just before final blow, unless you want to kite around last mob for 120 secs.

Levels of Excellence added. Gain a temporary &#8216;level of excellence&#8217; on each elite kill. This number is tracked on your character perpetually and you don&#8217;t lose it if you change games/acts etc.

Every time you kill your 500th elite, a guaranteed Legendary drops (ilvl and affix rolls depending on Act and MF Gear as usual). This resets your &#8216;Level of Excellence&#8217; to zero.

This Legendary is Bind On Equip, so now while a certain amount of farming guarantees everyone a legendary drop, you need to make a choice &#8211; use it/save it for alt OR put it on AH/Trade. Can&#8217;t use and pass on. This will provide the much needed item sink, else a guaranteed Legendary drop will eventually flood the economy.

This LoE system was favored for its simplicity and effectiveness. Its pretty much the WoW &#8216;token&#8217; system, which essentially guarantees end game gear progression, as long as you&#8217;re running the content, even if you&#8217;re missing out on drops.

They&#8217;ve spent a lot of time and effort making Legendaries cool. Needed to strike a balance between them being too common and too rare. Hence this system, as well as making them BoE, to ensure balance of economy. There will be some changes to affix rolls of class specific items&#8221;

Levels of Excellence datamined from http://horadric.ru/obnovlenie-1-0-4-11327-datamajn-t8113.html

AltLevelUpRewards &#8211; Search magic items, and {s1} {s2 search for gold}
AltLevelUnlocked &#8211; A new portrait of perfection
AltLevelUp &#8211; {s1}-level improvement
AltLevelUnlockedTitle &#8211; you got
ParagonLevels_title &#8211; Levels of improvement
ParagonLevels &#8211; Now the resulting experience allows you to earn levels of perfection! With each level of improvement you get a bonus to find gold and magic items. Updates command bar: a menu button and the scale of the achievements of pumping perfection

Zaventem

Sounds awesome.And zombie bear builds might be even more powerful if the data mining is correct if used in a gruesome feast build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom