• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talaysen

Worth anything? I'm not good at AH and according to the AH there's nothing with these stats :/

I think that's a maxed all res roll and crit damage / magic find are both nice. Did anything show up without the arcane res? I don't think that affects the price much.

Wool

Would anybody be able to help me out with making use of mats? I have 377 exquisite essence, 156 iridescent tears, and about 350K gold. I'd like to make some 6 property gear or something. I don't have any of those brimstones.

Edit: My username is bobseger#1262, please add me if you could help!

Dahbomb

Yea come tomorrow at 9 pm CDT to 11 PM CDT or in the morning around 11 am CDT. I have a 6 prop belt and a 6 prop mace 1h plan.

I am on NA Danthebadass#1260. Anyone is also welcome if they want to craft, no additional changes for gaf (unless you want to leave a service tip, that's cool too).

Anyone here have the Flawless Star Ruby plan learned? How much is it to craft one and could someone craft me one I have 3 Star Rubies and ready to get that 25% bonus up to 27%.

GAF, need some help reaching 100K DPS unbuffed.
These are my stats unbuffed atm:

My barb

What stats would give me the most bang for the buck in terms of DPS?
Is it attack speed, crit chance or even more crit damage?

I'm really lost here. Would appreciate any input.
Thanks

Get belt with Bash dmg boost and life leech.

yourgod

Neo Member
anyone have an idea of what this might be worth?
9NFFZ.jpg

Leckan

I sold an Inna set armor for the 25m buy-out that had about 139 dex, 85 vit and 83 intelligence.

I have no idea if I was ripped off or not but I only had 1m gold before and now I have more than 20m so I'm pretty pleased but still would like a valuation.

This is on EU.

^ I've ended up memorizing them all over time I wish the name of the item had nothing to do with the level, I'd love a level 63 Pirate Sword! And when I'm not sure, I check.

Also, I've realized that being two handed is still a disadvantage. I'm easily missing out on like 100 Crit Damage at a minimum by not dual wield, which I have to make up for on other items.

The stats are good on 2 handers but they need 2 sockets before they are on parity.

syllogism

^ I've ended up memorizing them all over time I wish the name of the item had nothing to do with the level, I'd love a level 63 Pirate Sword! And when I'm not sure, I check.

Also, I've realized that being two handed is still a disadvantage. I'm easily missing out on like 100 Crit Damage at a minimum by not dual wield, which I have to make up for on other items.

The stats are good on 2 handers but they need 2 sockets before they are on parity.
I haven't done the math for dual wielding v 2h, but seems unlikely that a 1500 dps two hander with 200 crit, 300+ stat, socket is worse than a similarly high end two weapon setup (say 1200 dps).

linsivvi

Yeah you'll end up being able to tell instantly by just taking a look at the name.

Still, it never hurts to take a look at the item list at battle.net to make the runs faster. For example, anything with archon is always level 63 and any armor with sovereign on it is level 62.

Vodh

anyone have an idea of what this might be worth?
9NFFZ.jpg

Search AH for 850 LoH and socket? Try adding dex too to see if it changes much? There's been some tricky to price pieces of gear out here in the topic, but this isn't one of them.

Do you have a link to the names for the item by iLvl or do you just ctrl-view the item on the ground?

When something dies I glance at the blues to see if there is a plan. There' never is. lol. Then I check the yellows if any. Generall speaking I have a good portion of them memorized. Anything "baylor" is trash for example. But I also periodically go into my inventory during a run and look to see if I've picked up anything under an iLVL 61 and if I have ... I toss it. A lot of times it's mandatory to do it by name too. There's no visual difference between a sacred sheild and a savior for example. The savior is trash.

ALSO: That dagger is sweet and super easy to search for comparables on the AH. Lowball the stats a little and search for 800 LOH, 80 DEX and a SOC see what comes up. Increase / decrease the price the price until you see your DPS in range.

Dahbomb

Sometimes even names can throw you off. Like some lvl61 item would look exactly like a lvl51 item until you look at it again. How these items are still in Inferno mode I have no idea...

When something dies I glance at the blues to see if there is a plan. There' never is. lol. Then I check the yellows if any. Generall speaking I have a good portion of them memorized. Anything "baylor" is trash for example. But I also periodically go into my inventory during a run and look to see if I've picked up anything under an iLVL 61 and if I have ... I toss it. A lot of times it's mandatory to do it by name too. There's no visual difference between a sacred sheild and a savior for example. The savior is trash.

ALSO: That dagger is sweet and super easy to search for comparables on the AH. Lowball the stats a little and search for 800 LOH, 80 DEX and a SOC see what comes up. Increase / decrease the price the price until you see your DPS in range.
Cool thanks. My MF is high enough that I find a fair bit of yellows and still fill up my inventory quite a few times during a full run so time to be a bit more discriminating.

If Blizzard comes out with an identify all button though I'd still pick up every item just for the gold...AH hasn't been too fruitful lately.

Cool thanks. My MF is high enough that I find a fair bit of yellows and still fill up my inventory quite a few times during a full run so time to be a bit more discriminating.

If Blizzard comes out with an identify all button though I'd still pick up every item just for the gold...AH hasn't been too fruitful lately.

How high is your paragon? I'm at p30 and a full act III run nets me 400K+ gold easily. If I was doing less than a full act III run because I only have time to play for an hour or so, I would still consider dropping the trash yellows. More time spent killing things in your run means more gold.

yourgod

Neo Member

Thanks! Didn't think of low balling the stats during my search on the ah. I've been trying to move this thing for 3 days, I just suck at the auction house :/

linsivvi

The time you spent on identifying and selling junk rares is better spent on killing monsters. You'll gain more exp thus giving you more gold in the long run.

As your paragon level goes up, the later method will even start giving you more gold/hour with those 2k+ gold stacks while a lot more exp/hour, so the sooner you stop wasting time on anything lower than level 62 the better.

If you're at the end of a run and have inventory space, even blues are better than those junk yellows because it takes no time to sell them off for gold.

kennah

One of my friends stops and picks up every single white item and sells it. I tried to explain to him that it isn't worth his time.

But I also would run ahead of him and drop white items just to watch him pick them up.

Jrmint

Yeah you'll end up being able to tell instantly by just taking a look at the name.

Still, it never hurts to take a look at the item list at battle.net to make the runs faster. For example, anything with archon is always level 63 and any armor with sovereign on it is level 62.
Yep. 61 is Doom and 60 is Warlord.

Melville

One of my friends stops and picks up every single white item and sells it. I tried to explain to him that it isn't worth his time.

But I also would run ahead of him and drop white items just to watch him pick them up.

I used to do this, until I took a look at the value of the white items :D

In other news, I've found another upgrade, yay!

vqYo8.jpg

I lose some IAS, LOH and 30% crit damage but I kill things a lot faster now, and I managed to die only twice during my act III run.

How high is your paragon? I'm at p30 and a full act III run nets me 400K+ gold easily. If I was doing less than a full act III run because I only have time to play for an hour or so, I would still consider dropping the trash yellows. More time spent killing things in your run means more gold.
Good point. I'm level 33 so I guess it's time to refine my tastes in loot!

linsivvi

Started a run, first pack dropped a bunch of blue, moving on, come back to the area half a minute later, noticed one of the blue item is "design: radiant star ruby".

Started a run, first pack dropped a bunch of blue, moving on, come back to the area half a minute later, noticed one of the blue item is "design: radiant star ruby".

LOL ... I wish they would make the color different. At least make them yellow like the BS plans.

kennah

I wish there were an app for checking Auctions. I want to see if I lost a million on a silly bid I made last night or not/see if my awesome amulet has sold.

linsivvi

What runs do you guys do and what is the least money you get from one?

Well money is relative to your paragon level and additional gold find.

My Act 3 run:
Start the second heart quest.
1) Keep level 3. When you see the exit to level 2, go in just to have it marked on your map, go back and finish the rest of level 3.
2) Tower of damned level 1.
3) Tower of cursed level 1 and finish the rest of the act.
4) Tower of cursed level 1 way point, then go up to crater level 2 and work your way to the entrance.
5) Rakkis crossing, go backward to field of slaughter and do one big circle there.
6) Keep level 1 way point, go straight to level 2 and work your way to the exit.

First part of the run is to get to 5 stack as quick as possible and get lots of rares from the elites and bosses. Second part of the run is to clear the 3 most enemy concentrated areas for loads of xp.

zulux21

Got me some MF gear and I now get 287MF with 5NV
Now if I can actually find something decent... ;p

I wish you luck, but MF gear sure hasn't helped me find anything lol.

I've made a total of about 250k over my last 4 runs of act 3 with my friend, and we farm all of act 3 (about 2.5 hours per run) lol.

I'm likely just going to switch to his plan.... screw MF, just farm for item levels and don't worry about finding good stuff just sell unidentified stuff and then buy the stuff you want lol

zulux21

I still pick up blues to vendor, but don't really bother looking at what they are anymore.

when I play solo I pick up blues when I play with my friend I just pick up yellows as if I take the time to pick up and sell blues I tend to miss some elites as he just destroys act 3 even with me there lol

Anaslex

Banned
Got me some MF gear and I now get 287MF with 5NV
Now if I can actually find something decent... ;p

Ive only started finidng decent stuff now with 365 mf with full nv. If you can get this and play for ateast two hours after getting 5nv, you will be rewarded.

Are the Jeweler plans light blue or the same shade of blue as a weapon/armor?

Same color ...

ALSO ... this is how hard they are to notice. I just got my first jewler plan in months (at least that I know of) on a short 30 minute farm sesssion at lunch. I didn't even know I picked it up. It was just in my inventory when I checked. lol

ALso ... stupid topaz.

IlludiumQ36

I wonder if a jewel design can be THE guaranteed rare from an NV stack? I can remember 2, maybe 3 times killing a champ pack with 5 NV and not getting a rare. Thought it was a glitch at the time (and yes, I checked inventory looking for an accidental pickup)

larvi

Ive only started finidng decent stuff now with 365 mf with full nv. If you can get this and play for ateast two hours after getting 5nv, you will be rewarded.

I'm at 349mf with full nv and haven't been finding anything lately, tempted to go back to a exp gem instead of the mf gem in my helm.

linsivvi

You guys are doing it wrong. If you can kill 2 times as fast without MF then you will get a lot more good drops in the long run. But then I make lots of money from selling MF items so I'm not complaining.

Rufus

I don't play as much any more. Casual VotA farming in (almost) full MF gear compensates somewhat. Had a kinda crappy Cindercoat drop today. But hey, for two seconds there, I got excited... Anything for a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom