• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Anyone on EU with WD gear that he can give away? I want to go on to Act 3 already :(

I have 1.7M right now. Could I buy some gear that would help me survive Act 3, or is it not enough?

pompidu

-You'll really want to start upping your surviveability. 21.5k health is low for Inferno. Target 40k.
-Get Crit Chance + Crit Damage on each ring (anything extra is bonus) Should only be 1M each.
-Braces get a Higher Crit % (5 or 6) and get some Vit with that Dex. Start trying to hit Max Crit % for each item. Its a little more expensive but the crits will do great damage and if you use Night Stalker give you back Disc.
-Ditch SS soon.
-Look at a Inquisitor Cloak Legendary they are about 200k-2M depending on its stats. It has about 90 Dex high All Resist and has Movement Speed on it. 12+12 on boots = a nice 24% movement bonus.
-Amulet should have 100 of Dex and Vit at the least and get some Crit % or Crit Dam.
-Upgrade to your Bow and or Quiver should each be 2M or so but get a better weapon once in Inferno.
-Try and have Vit Dex on every piece even if you have to get medium field for awhile.

If you don't have the money grinddddd. Get 5 stacks and go running around Act III hell. Should get some big piles it shouldn't take too long to obtain the money. Look for any MF/GF items to sell of. A GF/MF 14% ring goes for 25k.

alright cool, thanx. Gonna keep grinding hell to get some money.

What's the one thing you guys have never gotten in this game. I have still never got a legendary plans. It's weird because I get plans for things all the time.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
PTR patch notes!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572970237

The cast time for identifying Rare items has been reduced to 1 second

The cast time for identifying Legendary items has been increased to 4 seconds

The location of Legendary items will now be marked by a column of light as well as a ping on the mini-map the first time they drop, and a new sound has been added

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

Class-specific items will now drop more often
Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty

Square-quality gems no longer drop in Inferno difficulty

nice

"With this system, players can choose to increase the health and damage of monsters according to different "power levels" and in return they’ll receive scaling bonuses to experience (for heroes levels 1-59)"

So this wont help you level Paragon faster? Kind of a bummer.

Also still haven't got a SET item yet after ~300hours. Or Legendary Plan, Or Jeweler Plan (That I know of -stopped checking blue for awhile when I thought all plans went Yellow)

Defeating each boss pair will provide players with extra items and gold, as well as a chance to find components for a new Legendary ring

SWEET

Dahbomb

Wow a lot of great changes in there.

They actually listened when people were asking for Experience shrines in Inferno for Paragon levels and getting some actual benefits from quests.

Why are they buffing Barb's Battle Rage? O_O

Edit: Sprint is nerfed... WW Barbs am cry.

Dahbomb

That had to happen... Sprint (or more importantly that particular rune) was too good.

Barbs got a ton of other buffs though.

IlludiumQ36

A fair assessment.

It's great to see Resplendent Chests getting some deserved attention. Blizzard actually went above and beyond what I thought needed to be done with those.

Dahbomb

I was going to point out the Res chest change but then I ran across this:

Jeweler Designs that drop in the world will now show up as Rare quality (yellow) to make them more visible on the ground

2156780_o.gif

Thank god...

inky

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

I don't know if I like this...

Class-specific items will now drop more often

Square-quality gems no longer drop in Inferno difficulty

They are getting there. Maybe I'll do a run once in a while as opposed to never ever again.

And WW Barb is OK, yes, proc reduce sucks, but:

Fury cost from 16 to 9

Should even it out. Less Fury spent = more time to WW around.

Enchantress Armor nerf too... Well, they are nerfing damage anyway, so maybe it works out.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Very excited this game does actually get better and better it seems. Whens this patch coming did they release a date?

When its ready. I assume this PTR patch comes out in a week or two. It will likely get tested for a few weeks so a month?

When its ready. I assume this PTR patch comes out in a week or two. It will likely get tested for a few weeks so a month?

Obviously Ha. Was just wondering if they had mentioned a target anywhere. Whays PTR stand for. Do Blizzard Devs come here and read GAF. I swear most stuff bitched about here gets fixed. I remember reading a hope theres Exp shrines post we bitch about blue jeweler plans. I guess a lot is common sense/progression, but still they really hit the problems compared to other companies.

foladar

Yeah, lack of <58 items in Inferno + affixes dropping being based on the actual mobs could make this patch good or .. bad. We'll see. Means even more act 3 farming + monster power tho.

I'd suggest to everyone on GAF with a set item to dump them now for maximum profit. More dropping means more to choose from and prices tanking.

Always keep ahead of the gold curve, if you farm less perfectly for a week or two but end up millions of gold ahead you win!

ch0mp

Should even it out. Less Fury spent = more time to WW around.

Enchantress Armor nerf too... Well, they are nerfing damage anyway, so maybe it works out.
Less fury generated = less time to WW around: fury from sprint is 60% less, while WW costs about 45% less. It's also a serious nerf to runed WotB, because you will be using much less fury.

Dahbomb

Anyone have any link to monster/boss levels in Inferno? Does this mean that bosses should be dropping better loot now (this is at least how I interpreted it)?

Melville

I like those changes (especially the WW nerf)

Similarly, when selling an item, a "Find Similar" button has been added to allow players to quickly search for items currently up for auction that have similar stats

This is exactly what I wanted :eek:

Followers, pets, and summoned creatures will no longer attack enemies that are in an idle state unless the player is within 10 yards of the enemy

Nice.

Removed the initial tick of damage from fire trenches in Keep Depths and slightly reduced the radius

VERY nice.

I'm not sure I understand what this means. ilvl 63 affixes for all items in Inferno?

inky

Less fury generated = less time to WW around: fury from sprint is 60% less, while WW costs about 45% less. It's also a serious nerf to runed WotB, because you will be using much less fury.

I think it might still work out. How many times when you are WWing is your Fury capped due to crits. I'm guessing most of the time. Do you mean to Thrive on Chaos rune? Maybe.
I will say that this works best on Act III where there are more mobs, maybe it will suck for Act I or II.

I think the overall problem will be that WW Barb is just too good for farming and they let that happen for too long. Let's face it, nerfs had to happen long ago, and I still don't think it will be that significant. We'll see.

Anyone have any link to monster/boss levels in Inferno? Does this mean that bosses should be dropping better loot now (this is at least how I interpreted it)?

It means the rolls should be better in the later acts, but the affix allocation will still be the same regardless of Acts. I think I don't like it because we might run into the same problem of underpowered items in early acts that can't ever be a significant increase over what you already have/can buy for cheap, thus somewhat blocking natural item progression.

Shadow780

No additional tabs for storage? Come on Blizzard.

Is life steal affected by proc? If not maybe you can offset some of the nerfs with 5% life steal and a mighty weapon for the crit gen nerf. At least Battlerage duration has been buffed so you don't have to worry about spending fury on that in battle.

edit: Legendary leaves mark on the minimap? THANK YOU

Cipherr

Skill Rune &#8211; Boar Companion
Boar Companion has been redesigned to be a more durable pet:

Has more durability than the Spider Companion

New attack: Single-target attack that hits for 38% weapon damage

Provides (155 @ 60) Life per second and a 15% bonus to all resistances for the Demon Hunter

Evasive Fire

Skill Rune: Hardened: increases your Armor by 50% for 3 seconds and replaces the backflip

Perfectionist: Now also increases Life, Armor, and Resistances by 10%

HOLY FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Actual defensive options for DH! And 2 of them are true to life passive ALWAYS ON options instead of rinky dink 3 second duration bullshit! FINALLY! Stack this with the Companion pets actually tanking for us the way the new Witch Doctor pets do, and we are finally moving out of the "Glass cannon is your only option" playstyle. Good fucking riddance too. Man these changes are fantastic.

Shadow780

Bought two Mighty weapons, haven't checked AH in a while. Seems like mid-tier rares are super cheap now. Got 9% life steal on belt and two weapons, let's how the ww barb situation folds out.

Any other legendaries or set items that has life steal?

Shadow780

what should I do now? I'm playing a WW barb.
Should I buy weapons with life steal?

I'd say get a mighty weapon w/ life steal as your main hand, life steal and LoH for off hand, life steal on belts, and try to raise your dps/crit chance on other gears.

Not sure how it's gonna pan out until the patch goes alive, but you should prepare some if not most gears before life steal weapons skyrockets in AH.

Ah the dreaded trail of cinders nerf. We had a good time together, ToC, but all good things must come to an end. Actually, I'll probably still use it for a while just to see how it is, cause it looks like trails are stackable now. It currently is ridiculous lol

zulux21

Ah the dreaded trail of cinders nerf. We had a good time together, ToC, but all good things must come to an end. Actually, I'll probably still use it for a while just to see how it is, cause it looks like trails are stackable now. It currently is ridiculous lol

yeah the stackable part may make it still of use for me as I usually put 3 down on a pack so it should only be a reduction to 900% or so... plus with vault now breaking jailer I don't have much reason to go back to smoke screen as vault is much cheaper.

sleepykyo

I was going to point out the Res chest change but then I ran across this:

Jeweler Designs that drop in the world will now show up as Rare quality (yellow) to make them more visible on the ground

2156780_o.gif

Thank god...

Do L58 items provide inferno mats? Seems like it will still be junk that isn't even worth salvaging.

Looks at Barb nerfs. Well I was planning to switch to monk anyway.
Looks as Monk notes. These buffs are as meaningful as the Barb buffs.

yeah the stackable part may make it still of use for me as I usually put 3 down on a pack so it should only be a reduction to 900% or so... plus with vault now breaking jailer I don't have much reason to go back to smoke screen as vault is much cheaper.

Yeah breaking jailer with vault is fantastic news :)

ElyrionX

I'd suggest to everyone on GAF with a set item to dump them now for maximum profit. More dropping means more to choose from and prices tanking.

Always keep ahead of the gold curve, if you farm less perfectly for a week or two but end up millions of gold ahead you win!

Where did they say they are boosting set drop rates?

*looks at skill changes for DH, Wizz and Barbs*

*looks at skill changes for monks and WDs*

Blizzards really hates us monks and WDS :)

I'm not unhappy about any of the skill changes - it just seems like we'll be playing the game the same we always have lol

Where did they say they are boosting set drop rates?

Well, now you can set the players X thing in the room, and that will give you boosts in MF and GF, which generally means more items on the AH.

Also, resp chests will give you better stuff, and no more stuff below i58 in Inferno.

They haven't particularly BOOSTED drop rates, but all the changes generally means better drops which will devalue stuff in the AH.

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level) ----> hmmmm this means best drop of the game from the bo$$e$? am i wrong?

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level) ----> hmmmm this means best drop of the game from the bo$$e$? am i wrong?

I think it means that since the monsters in Act 1 inferno are level 61 (62 at most), the maximum amount of affixes you'll get will be less than say, Act 3/4 monsters. This means that the best gear will always come from the later acts, though you can still find some very worthy things in Act 1 and 2. With the monster power system though, you should be able to adjust up the monster levels in the earlier (and later acts), and possibly end up with items that have more affixes than possible currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom