• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I'm about to hit Act 3 (Inferno) and the only thing left to do is to kill Belial
I want to farm Act 1 but when I try to change quests it tells me all my saved progress will be overwritten

It doesn't mean my overall progress, right? I could still go to the last quest of Act 2 afterwards?

Melville

I found an item that's actually an upgrade for my character. Feels good

IIss7.jpg

Celegus

I found an item that's actually an upgrade for my character. Feels good

I just did that recently too, which feels so weird to say since this is a loot game... a loot game where you never find your own equipment. I sold the one I found for a bit over a million and bought an even better weapon for 100,000.

foladar

The new patch is tomorrow!?

That was my original thinking, but no information, no data mined patch information like with 1.0.4 makes me think maybe it won't happen after all. Who knows.

Maybe the 8 hours downtime is so Blizz can play Borderlands 2.

So I'm getting trolled hard by Diablo today.

I jumped on this morning for 30 min before work. I got a legandary!!! It's BRACERS. I'm thinking Laccuni but no. It's the other ones with knockback. Only they were a bad roll with no RES and STR.

Then I get home for lunch and jump on again. Within 5 min another legendary! This time it's an AMMY!! Then I find it's a mara's kaleidoscope. What a worthless piece of crap that thing is. It's the "fixed" version too.

O well ... two brimstones.

foladar

Well, with that news, wonder if it'll even be next week now. At least they're making it easy which game not to play this week, curious to see the weekend numbers with BL2/TL2 out.

M.D

What is a good place to farm in Act 1? did the Warden & Butcher run 3 times plus cleared the crypts in the cemetery (135 MF with 5NV and gear) and I get nothing but shitty rares and blues :\

Dahbomb

What is a good place to farm in Act 1? did the Warden & Butcher run 3 times plus cleared the crypts in the cemetery (135 MF with 5NV and gear) and I get nothing but shitty rares and blues :
Only 3 times?

Some people don't even get anything doing 30 runs of act 1.

Weird I do act 1 in its entirety and get a legendary every time. I do it all though takes me about three to four hours. Stop doing just a section n hoping for legendaries they come from hours of straight gaming.

Weird I do act 1 in its entirety and get a legendary every time. I do it all though takes me about three to four hours. Stop doing just a section n hoping for legendaries they come from hours of straight gaming.

That's not necessarily true. I almost always do a complete Act 3 run and many, many times have I made it all the way to the end with no legendary. Sometimes several runs in a row (and that's with 300+ MF). And on three occasions I've found two or more legendaries before getting out of the Keep Depths.

Only 3 times?

Some people don't even get anything doing 30 runs of act 1.

Yeah ... expecting a legendary after three runs seems pretty unrealistic. Depending on the run though. If he's doing Warden to butcher runs, it's too small really.

Prior to level 60 I saw two legendary items 0-60. So if you think on a "per act" basis, that's 2 legendary items in 12 complete acts. I completed everything. Every chest and barrel etc etc. So I guess if you're doing full act clears for a run you can think about getting a legendary item in 1 out of every 6 complete act clears at best and probably closer to 1 for every 8 - 12 full act clears. That was without NV and paragon though. With NV and paragon I'm at about 170 MF. When I was farming act II I was running like 250 MF. Essentially tripling my odds. I feel confident in saying I get one legendary in every 3-4 full act clears now.

Though a full act III clear isn't a short run at all. 2-3 hours at least for me if I include all the dungeons and time spent vendoring stuff.

That's not necessarily true. I almost always do a complete Act 3 run and many, many times have I made it all the way to the end with no legendary. Sometimes several runs in a row (and that's with 300+ MF). And on three occasions I've found two or more legendaries before getting out of the Keep Depths.

I see. I think the first 250 hrs are slow then it picks up I get pretty lucky but perhaps those runs you get two or three equal out. Since 104 patch it seems near 50/50 I'll get a legendary drop if I play a whole run of any act I can't get past ghom but I have had good luck in act 3 so far. Maybe it's all luck and there's no pattern but I've been steadily getting lucky then.

This seems normal though. You get them in bunches and then go dry for a while. I think 1 legendary in 3 full act runs seems about right. (pending your MF is almost 200% or higher)

scosher

I haven't played this in a while due to GW2, but just saw some of the prospective 1.05 changes.

Finally, I can stop using Energy Armor!

Anyone know if the Storm Chaser rune for energy twister was ever hotfixed? I would want to play that build again as it was a lot of fun, but with ice armor or storm armor.

I'm so out of touch with this game lately. Still can't summon the willpower to go on. I play only about an hour a day, if that. I guess I'll give it another week or 2 to see if the desire comes back. If not then I hang it up.

Melville

What is a good place to farm in Act 1? did the Warden & Butcher run 3 times plus cleared the crypts in the cemetery (135 MF with 5NV and gear) and I get nothing but shitty rares and blues :\

Here's the route I use when I run act I with my DH:

- from the Northern Highlands waypoint, I go directly to the left (east) to check if the watchtower is there, if not, I just load a new game (the watchtower is a very small dungeon usually filled with elites)
- if there's a watchtower, I don't enter it yet, and go north up the stairs to Leoric's hunting grounds, and then inside the manor (there's always a pack of elites in front of the manor, often one inside too)
- I use the waypoint in the manor to go to the festering woods, to clear the two small dungeons there (2 more packs of elites guaranteed) and I look around the woods too. There are usually 2 packs outside too.
- then I go to the Cemetery, and explore the three crypts
- finally, I go back to the northern highlands to clear the watchtower
- if I'm in the mood I clear the halls of agony and the Butcher too

I think it's a pretty straightforward route, no huge maps to waste your time

foladar

New IGN article on 1.0.5:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/diablo-iii-patch-105-the-two-biggest-features-detailed

Important parts:

Monster Power is the change that will probably excite hardcore Diablo fans the most. "The goal of the system is to allow players set a monster power level, and the higher they set the level the bigger the bonuses they'll get to magic find, experience and loot drops -- but the harder the game will be," Wilson told IGN.

namely the Inferno Machine. "At level 60 players can find various objects to put together a device that will allow them to fight more powerful bosses hidden throughout the game," said Wilson. Completing the Inferno Machine can apparently net you a legendary ring acquirable only through this event.

When pressed about the timetable for PVP, Wilson simply said "when it's done," adding that the original hope was this year, but they're focused on making its quality up to their standards.

And pvp delayed until 2013? Question is: expansion or free content?

MrDaravon

I don't think there's any feasible way that they dare put PvP behind a pay wall. The outrage would be completely insane and justified.

foladar

I don't think there's any feasible way that they dare put PvP behind a pay wall. The outrage would be completely insane and justified.

Definitely, they'll probably release pvp before an expansion anyway. Well, at least I think so, but not too sure with the way their schedules have been going.

Circle T

100M seems like quite a bit for that weapon. This doesn't have a buyout but an opening bid of 10M and its effectively just a notch below (by 15 INT, 19 VIT, 46 LOH, no damage converted to life but higher DPS):

http://i.imgur.com/7aG62.jpg?3754

Well, I guess that solves that... :)

FLxJL.jpg

Went for the moon with the first listing, 90 bid with 120 buyout, and it sold. So, yea, that's awesome. I actually have a substantial sum of gold to work with now. Time to upgrade.

MrDaravon

Awww yeah, spent most of my money (11 million) to get this bow, was a good upgrade that took me from about 90k Damage to 102k (both without Steady Aim or Sharpshooter), and only wound up being a small HP hit for me:

WiYVX.png

Then right after this I got my first jeweler plan ever; was just the first Amethyst upgrade, but hey. People were not kidding about them being hard to spot, I didn't even realize I had picked it up. If I didn't pick up all blues still for vendoring I probably would have totally missed it.

HenryHSH

Just got my first set item after 300+ hours. Are Natalya's Slayer any good? I haven't ID'd it yet and still in game. I usually id legendaries with my level 63s when I have a full stash.

Rufus

I just did that recently too, which feels so weird to say since this is a loot game... a loot game where you never find your own equipment. I sold the one I found for a bit over a million and bought an even better weapon for 100,000.
:lol That stock broker image from a while back is so accurate.

That aside, I found a surprisingly decent low level amulet that looks like it might sell for a lot. I think I'd actually enjoy being the AH trading monkey while someone else 'generates' items for me...

Just got my first set item after 300+ hours. Are Natalya's Slayer any good? I haven't ID'd it yet and still in game. I usually id legendaries with my level 63s when I have a full stash.

Why do you do that? I thought the item was already predetermined upon dropping and it didn't matter which toon did the IDing. Am I wrong about that?

ElyrionX

Uhh wouldn't it have taken you less time to right click on it in your inventory upon pickup than to type up this post?

Well, I guess that solves that... :)

FLxJL.jpg

Went for the moon with the first listing, 90 bid with 120 buyout, and it sold. So, yea, that's awesome. I actually have a substantial sum of gold to work with now. Time to upgrade.

I figured once I said that I was ensuring you a 100+ mil buyout. Congrats!

Talaysen

I got another legendary!

F2Qfe.jpg

Damage is terrible but at least it got extra Int and crit damage. I put it up for 5m bid / 25m buyout, but it's probably not worth that much.

Xanathus

I got another legendary!

Damage is terrible but at least it got extra Int and crit damage. I put it up for 5m bid / 25m buyout, but it's probably not worth that much.

If the DPS is low, the Int and Crit Damage are pretty much ignored since people just give those to their Templar merc for that tiny bit of extra MF. On the other hand I could see a Wiz/WD trying that out as an MF swap weapon so you could account for those stats in that case.

I got another legendary!

F2Qfe.jpg

that's quite the good legendary. The huge MF boost along with the damage to elites bonus should be good. As well as the high int. Someone would pay a ton for it no doubt. The DPS isn't so low that it goes into ignore territory.

foladar

that's quite the good legendary. The huge MF boost along with the damage to elites bonus should be good. As well as the high int. Someone would pay a ton for it no doubt. The DPS isn't so low that it goes into ignore territory.

fwiw I had a ton of trouble selling a 900 dps with socket 170 int Sunkeeper when they first came out. I think the weapon is overlooked a lot, but who knows. Ended up rmah'ing it for $50.

Certainly better than some of the legendaries that drop, even with less dps than that one rolled. At least it has a purpose rather than trash.

Keikaku

Thank you Diablo 3 for rewarding my farming with these "gifts" :p
NE2RG.jpg

BAez7.jpg

At least I'm getting even trashy legendaries fairly often so all my investment into MF (233%, 300%+ with 5 NV stacks) seems to be paying off somewhat!

EDIT: It would be nice to get something that I could sell for good money on the AH though. I just bought the complete set of Jewel recipes for Topaz, crafted up a star Topaz and a star Ruby and ran out of money. I'm sitting at about 500K right now and that's not enough to get me above the 28-29K DPS I'm at right now. Still, progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom