• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Thank you Diablo 3 for rewarding my farming with these "gifts" :p
http://i.imgur.com/NE2RG.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BAez7.jpg[IMG]

At least I'm getting even trashy legendaries fairly often so all my investment into MF (233%, 300%+ with 5 NV stacks) seems to be paying off somewhat!

[B]EDIT[/B]: It would be nice to get something that I could sell for good money on the AH though. I just bought the complete set of Jewel recipes for Topaz, crafted up a star Topaz and a star Ruby and ran out of money. I'm sitting at about 500K right now and that's not enough to get me above the 28-29K DPS I'm at right now. Still, progress![/QUOTE]

With my stacks I am at 297 MF (paragon level 10) and still have yet to find a single legendary since 1.0.4 hit lol...
my luck is terrible anymore @_@

With my stacks I am at 297 MF (paragon level 10) and still have yet to find a single legendary since 1.0.4 hit lol...

My first cam at p14. The none again until like p24. P10 isn't that bad.

Also ... I've looted three of those stupid angel hair braids. Worthless POS drop.

Keikaku

My first cam at p14. The none again until like p24. P10 isn't that bad.

Also ... I've looted three of those stupid angel hair braids. Worthless POS drop.
Yeesh!

I got my first at level 54 or so and I'm currently P9. I really am sorry to hear that you guys had such a hard time. I'm sure there's a dry spell waiting in the wings for me.

zulux21

Yeesh!

I got my first at level 54 or so and I'm currently P9. I really am sorry to hear that you guys had such a hard time. I'm sure there's a dry spell waiting in the wings for me.

well to be fair I got a few legendaries in the few days before 1.0.4... just none since... the sad thing is the ones I got right before 1.0.4 are all ones that got upgrades lol

M.D

Here's the route I use when I run act I with my DH:

- from the Northern Highlands waypoint, I go directly to the left (east) to check if the watchtower is there, if not, I just load a new game (the watchtower is a very small dungeon usually filled with elites)
- if there's a watchtower, I don't enter it yet, and go north up the stairs to Leoric's hunting grounds, and then inside the manor (there's always a pack of elites in front of the manor, often one inside too)
- I use the waypoint in the manor to go to the festering woods, to clear the two small dungeons there (2 more packs of elites guaranteed) and I look around the woods too. There are usually 2 packs outside too.
- then I go to the Cemetery, and explore the three crypts
- finally, I go back to the northern highlands to clear the watchtower
- if I'm in the mood I clear the halls of agony and the Butcher too

I think it's a pretty straightforward route, no huge maps to waste your time

Used this. I love it because it consists of small dungeons with tons of elites and there are no large maps to explore. Act 1 is also really easy because the mobs are so weak so I'm able to do it pretty fast without dieing

This is probably the best thing I found... I guess I could get 20K for it lol
c6suh.jpg

I guess I'll do an entire Act 1 run now like people suggested. I have to find some gear for Act 3 because I won't stand a chance with the one I'm using right now

I just realized with Monster Power buff... you'll be able to have brutally fast alts.

Get a friend /players 8 on Normal/Nightmare/Hell. The end.

Guys can you help me out.
I've been out of the loop for a while but got the urge to play again.

This is my main guy

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Melhisedek-2759/hero/7278145

and I know everything about him sucks. I have like 1M stashed and thats it. So what do I do? Level up a barb for farming purposes (heard it is the easiest one to farm with) or try to fix my Wizz?
If I decide to fix the wizz, how should I do it? I was stuck on Act 2 and finished the game when Invincible Wizz bug was around and thats it. I think I can pretty much do very well on Act 1 but not Act 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Celegus

I just realized with Monster Power buff... you'll be able to have brutally fast alts.

Ahhh that sounds nice. Good thing I just spent all that time leveling up my DH to 60 and my monk is almost 60 as well! Patch sounds awesome.

Vodh

This is my main guy

and I know everything about him sucks. I have like 1M stashed and thats it. So what do I do? Level up a barb for farming purposes (heard it is the easiest one to farm with) or try to fix my Wizz?
If I decide to fix the wizz, how should I do it? I was stuck on Act 2 and finished the game when Invincible Wizz bug was around and thats it. I think I can pretty much do very well on Act 1 but not Act 2.

You should be able to upgrade like 10 pieces for 100k per piece with what you have there. Act 2 viable gear is really cheap nowadays. Focus on int>allres>vit, there are different ways to build your wiz, but that's the one that makes him fun for me. Also, for now just drop the 1h+source and get a decent 2hander - again, 100k should get you a very decent upgrade.

This is my main guy

get another spear. With at least 100 int. Spear are also slow, it's holding you back. Look for sword, wand, dagger. It's dirt cheap to get 900 with only int and vit.

Your source can be much better. Go for a 1000+ dps 2hands with 400+ int, it can be found cheap

Right hand ring suck.

You lack vit. I know wiz with 5 times your dps and lower vit, but I don't recommend it.

Just keep farming. Drops are random but you have lot of room to upgrade (swap build too... you have 22% crit chances but no crit dmg)

What build would you guys recommend? Also what is a good speed weapon? What should I aim for in 2-hander. I found one nice for 200k with even some IAS and it was 1.0 is that ok? Should I focus on some crit dmg or getting the INT>allres>Vit like Vodh said?

M.D

Anyone ever had this problem? I feel a noticeable delay for the character actions.
The latency seems to be as usual (100-120) so I thought maybe this has something to do with video settings. I turned everything to low or off except for clutter density but still nothing...

Vodh

What build would you guys recommend? Also what is a good speed weapon? What should I aim for in 2-hander. I found one nice for 200k with even some IAS and it was 1.0 is that ok? Should I focus on some crit dmg or getting the INT>allres>Vit like Vodh said?

Personally I'm rolling with a Disintegrate build, but that's just because I love the skill. For me it's a quintessence of Wizard fun and it's definitely viable, but I wouldn't advertise it as an optimal low-gear build. Had to push my allres up to ~400 with 25k hp, ~35k buffed dps and reasonable armor to make it work in Act 2. The bonus is that a 2hander is a perfect weapon for Disintegrate.

There's my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vodh-2936/hero/6859578

Oh and since it's here - what do you guys think I should replace next? any bottleneck pieces in my gear? I can progress in A3, but wouldn't call it comfortable and effective farming.

Leckan

Pretty sure you have to be lvl 60 before you can use the system.

The Players X type system is translated as “Monster Power” and players creating games with level 60 characters can set it from 0-10 at game creation. You can not tweak it during a game, such as by turning it up before a boss fight.

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
Got my Witch Doctor to 60 and am absolutely loving it. Since I'm I longer a DH I don't have to worry about Blizz nerfing me into the ground every patch.

I'm still getting used to the buffs/debuffs and unconventional attacks the WD has and staying behind my pets to tank, but I seriously love it.

I'm sitting at 33k HP
580-700 resists
45k DPS

Anyone ever had this problem? I feel a noticeable delay for the character actions.
The latency seems to be as usual (100-120) so I thought maybe this has something to do with video settings. I turned everything to low or off except for clutter density but still nothing...

Did you change your graphics card?

This exact thing happened to me after I switched and I had to delete d3prefs.txt to fix it!

turnbuckle

That could just be IGN being ... IGN. The only benefit to using it at lower difficulties would be to power level a twink you're rolling.

But that's a pretty big benefit.

I mean, it's not too far from saying "the only benefit of using it at level 60 is to more efficiently improve your character".

Of course there are other benefits like making the game more challenging, but that also rings true for the 1-60 grind.

But that's a pretty big benefit.

I mean, it's not too far from saying "the only benefit of using it at level 60 is to more efficiently improve your character".

Of course there are other benefits like making the game more challenging, but that also rings true for the 1-60 grind.

A benefit Blizz has nerf'ed many times already. If they want people power leveling, why nerf ZK? Though I guess this could be a way for them to let people power level without exposing some glitch. Who knows ...

I'm also not sure why increasing the difficulty in lower levels makes sense. YOu think easy is easy? It's supposed to be. That's why they have nightmare, hell and inferno difficulties. Increasing difficulty for players who are breezing through inferno makes sense for longevity though.

Vodh

A difference between abusing a quest by turning it in for ridiculous xp multiple times and fighting tougher monsters with help of a high level friend is vast. I'm more than ok with there being ways to level up faster provided you have some help or great gear for your level, but the ZK exploit was a boring, repetitive mess and I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard thought the same.

turnbuckle

A benefit Blizz has nerf'ed many times already. If they want people power leveling, why nerf ZK? Though I guess this could be a way for them to let people power level without exposing some glitch. Who knows ...

I'm also not sure why increasing the difficulty in lower levels makes sense. YOu think easy is easy? It's supposed to be. That's why they have nightmare, hell and inferno difficulties. Increasing difficulty for players who are breezing through inferno makes sense for longevity though.

If it's a glitch or exploit that deviates greatly from the intentions of how to play the game I could see that. I didn't know anything about the glitch until I read

I don't remember the details as I didn't do it (wish I did). It involved killing ZK over and over again and getting the exp awarded at the end of the mission.

So it seems like a poorly thought out quest/reward point that was easy to exploit.

A difference between abusing a quest by turning it in for ridiculous xp multiple times and fighting tougher monsters with help of a high level friend is vast. I'm more than ok with there being ways to level up faster provided you have some help or great gear for your level, but the ZK exploit was a boring, repetitive mess and I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard thought the same.

Yeah, doesn't sound like a lot of fun at all. Allowing players to make the game more challenging while giving better rewards is an incentive at lvl 60, but it's also an incentive on the way to getting there.

Hey .. I"m game. If they provide us with a way to power level characters then maybe I'll play something besides my monk.

Of course they'll need to address the issue of paragon being account wide then.

turnbuckle

Hey .. I"m game. If they provide us with a way to power level characters then maybe I'll play something besides my monk.

Of course they'll need to address the issue of paragon being account wide then.

Well, if they make it so you can level efficiently/effectively this way I'm not as concerned about account-wide paragon. I'd love to have it in there though. I don't really want to be stuck playing my barb, but frankly I'm pretty burned out on the game. There needs to be a reason to play the other acts and some more randomization, some extra and very rare events.

There needs to be more to do than feeling like all there is to do is find the most efficient farming path and milk it. That why I always liked the tower idea since there'd ostensibly be no pre-determined routes.

How does one go about posting weapons/armor here on the message board? I mean the actual picture from the game. Didn't notice anything in the op about it, but I could be blind. I probably am.

foladar

How does one go about posting weapons/armor here on the message board? I mean the actual picture from the game. Didn't notice anything in the op about it, but I could be blind. I probably am.

Upload it via imgur and then post it here, click the insert image icon in the reply section, third from the right, looks like a postcard.

kennah

Also if you have Dropbox you can put it in your public folder and then use that link. Way easier.

To get the screenshot you hit your Print Screen button on your keyboard and then edit it with paint using the Crop tool. Screenshots are saved in your Documents/Diablo III/Screenshots/ folder.

Thanks :) I thought about the print screen and then cropping thing, but assumed there was probably some special program/website that did it automatically, haha.

My stash and inventory is almost completely filled 90 percent of the time I play. I'm usually paranoid that some rare that looks decent could be worth millions of gold, so I don't want to vendor it... but it takes time to look up each item, especially when all available slots are filled lol

Anyone else get that paranoid? haha

kennah

I don't really bother looking something up unless it is <mainstat> over 100 or near to a max stat in something, or is a completely useful combo.

Vodh

I'm not even picking up yellows below iLvl 61 anymore lol.

Yeah, I might finally start doing that too... So far I've been picking up absolutely everything and then vendoring the blues and turning ilvl 61+ to essence if vendor price was below 700, but it's becoming a bit tedious. Might lose a tiny bit of money because it's not taking much time at all, but i guess it does make you lose momentum and when you're smashing through faces so fast it breaks the pace of the game a bit.

But the vendor moneyyyy...

I started using that nothing below lvl61 method a day or two ago. It's helped.. but my stash is still packed. I need to get rid of my stuff via auctions quicker. I've noticed some advice on that in this thread, perhaps it's time for me to actually follow it lol

Yeah, I might finally start doing that too... So far I've been picking up absolutely everything and then vendoring the blues and turning ilvl 61+ to essence if vendor price was below 700, but it's becoming a bit tedious. Might lose a tiny bit of money because it's not taking much time at all, but i guess it does make you lose momentum and when you're smashing through faces so fast it breaks the pace of the game a bit.

But the vendor moneyyyy...

I used to pick up blues and vedor, but the essence market crashed hard. I figure the money I lose on vendoring I make up in time. Especially since paragon was introduced. I make 400K + a run now and am only paragon 29. As my paragon increases I feel this will becomes even more obvious. In another 33 paragon levels that will be 800K + a run.

linsivvi

I started using that nothing below lvl61 method a day or two ago. It's helped.. but my stash is still packed. I need to get rid of my stuff via auctions quicker. I've noticed some advice on that in this thread, perhaps it's time for me to actually follow it lol

I don't even pick up level 61 items, unless it's rings and amulets. I re-list my items for a discount if they don't sell within 12 hours. I also don't bother selling anything that's less than 50K.

Revoh

GAF, need some help reaching 100K DPS unbuffed.
These are my stats unbuffed atm:
My barb

What stats would give me the most bang for the buck in terms of DPS?
Is it attack speed, crit chance or even more crit damage?

I'm really lost here. Would appreciate any input.
Thanks

Go to D3up.com

You can load your charcter profile from battle.net there. It will tell you how much DPS each stat gives you. How much each crit %, STR etc etc. It's pretty helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom