• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talaysen

I wonder if a jewel design can be THE guaranteed rare from an NV stack? I can remember 2, maybe 3 times killing a champ pack with 5 NV and not getting a rare. Thought it was a glitch at the time (and yes, I checked inventory looking for an accidental pickup)

I always assumed that plans were rolled on the Tome of Secrets drop. I have no evidence for it, though.

The last time I killed an elite and didn't see a guaranteed rare, it was a legendary I had trouble seeing.

You guys are doing it wrong. If you can kill 2 times as fast without MF then you will get a lot more good drops in the long run. But then I make lots of money from selling MF items so I'm not complaining.

Well, if you're over doubling your (magic find + 100) and killing half as fast, that's a net win... It's all about how much you sacrifice and how much you gain.

Last night I upgraded by switching my amulet to a crit damage I found, and bought a Tal Rashas Guise of Wisdom (Had the stats to work for my DH even though its really a Wiz helmet) for 3.2 mil but it had a star ruby so it only cost 2.5 had equal dex but had 10% life so upped my life overall and it added 6 crit chance %. Sitting at 57% crit chance. Upped my DPS by 7K.

Honestly I'm really just waiting for a good bow with crit damage and socket. Even though I get crits so often its still at 150% damage. I'm now seeing 70-80k crits. Doubt that drop will ever happen since they are so damn expensive and rare!

I really dont want to sacrifice any surviveability so everything is tens of millions if I want to upgrade.

Also Frost Arrow and Chain Gang is ridiculously good combo. Everything just slows and falls apart. No longer need Nether to restore life.

Is anyone using Grenades? and how do you do that effectively my buddy does it but I'm having a really hard time doing it right.

Well, if you're over doubling your (magic find + 100) and killing half as fast, that's a net win... It's all about how much you sacrifice and how much you gain.

Not if you consider the loss of experience as well. The faster you gain paragon the faster you have naitive MF.

Talaysen

Not if you consider the loss of experience as well. The faster you gain paragon the faster you have naitive MF.

That is a good point. Just raises the threshhold of "doubling vs. half kill speed" to something else. If you're doubling MF and killing 75% as fast, that's probably still a win.

Got a legendary. Holy crap, an helmet. HOLY CRAP, a skull HOLY SH*T ANDARIEL ???

lvl 53, Giant Skull... Same skin as Andariel. Worst legendary ever. I got trolled so hard.

Later that round I got a decent Dead Man Legacy. No Discipline, lowest ias, but good dex roll and vit and 9 crit chance.

On AH, similar are going for 5 millions. I go for 4, to be the cheaper and the most visible, but buy out at 10m.

Minutes later, I was 8.5m richer. SO GOOD.

linsivvi

Magic find 100 doesn't even double your MF% unless you are only doing crypt of the ancient runs or something.

At paragon level 0 you have a base value of 1.75 MF (base value 1 + 75% from NV), to double it you'd actually need 175% MF from your gears. Now at paragon level 10 you have a base value of 2.05 MF and to double it you'd need 205% MF from gears. In fact, you can't even double it at all after level 21 because you've reached the hard limit of 300% MF.

Now you see what I am getting at? You'd be much better off to just level as fast as you can because it doesn't really take that long to get to paragon level 20 anyway. Even at 20% effectiveness your companion is a much better option for MF gears.

But like I said, it doesn't matter since I keep making gold from selling the now overrated sub-par MF gears.

So pissed at myself right now.

I managed to do two bonehead maneuvers in one run. I've never done this either, so it was a first and second. Managed to swap and vendor sell my ammy and my boots. By the time I realized what I did ... it was too late. Sold vendor trash beyond the point of no return. Lost 9% movement speed, 13K DPS and 5K life and about 50 resists. Nice ...

I had 6 million so I got another ammy, but it didn't have as much vitality as my last one. I don't have the money for new boots yet. Hopefully the stuff I have up for sale sells and then I'll be half way there.

So pissed right now. Instead of buying a belt for more life so I can shoot for the inna's pants without loosing too much life, I'm buying gear I already had.

M.D

I wish you luck, but MF gear sure hasn't helped me find anything lol.

I've made a total of about 250k over my last 4 runs of act 3 with my friend, and we farm all of act 3 (about 2.5 hours per run) lol.

I'm likely just going to switch to his plan.... screw MF, just farm for item levels and don't worry about finding good stuff just sell unidentified stuff and then buy the stuff you want lol

Ive only started finidng decent stuff now with 365 mf with full nv. If you can get this and play for ateast two hours after getting 5nv, you will be rewarded.

You guys are probably right... but I just got my first legendary :p actually second. I got some crappy bow back at Nightmare or Hell

aRShi.jpg

I'm guessing it ain't worth much but the feeling of seeing it on the ground... ;o

linsivvi

So pissed at myself right now.

I managed to do two bonehead maneuvers in one run. I've never done this either, so it was a first and second. Managed to swap and vendor sell my ammy and my boots. By the time I realized what I did ... it was too late. Sold vendor trash beyond the point of no return. Lost 9% movement speed, 13K DPS and 5K life and about 50 resists. Nice ...

I had 6 million so I got another ammy, but it didn't have as much vitality as my last one. I don't have the money for new boots yet. Hopefully the stuff I have up for sale sells and then I'll be half way there.

So pissed right now. Instead of buying a belt for more life so I can shoot for the inna's pants without loosing too much life, I'm buying gear I already had.

I know how that feel, man.

Last week I did a similar boneheaded thing. I was doing the naked boss achievements and tried to remove my equipment during the Belial fight after killing his minions. Accidentally I moved my Blackthorn's Notched Belt on the floor and died. That belt cost me 45 million gold but due to inflation I can't even find one nearly as good at 90 million. So I'm just wearing a cheap one that's worth about 2 million gold right now. Lost tons of health and resist.

On a subsequent attempt I did the same thing with one of my weapons. Luckily I picked it up that time before I died otherwise I probably would've rage quit. In retrospect I should've used some 50K items instead of my real gear to do the Belial fight.

Doesn't it not work on elites? And if it does wouldn't you just 1 shot yourself against a reflect mob?

i used a lot, and reflect damage doesn't seem to increase the damage, only affects to life leech and with the last shot to every mob: normal, elite, boss...

Very very useful with the elites with clones.

Ceremonial knife "last breath" has the same effect.

I don't think it'll get fixed, it's totaly intencional, the effect is there for a month a people doesn't seems to be interested in the full life with every death (that low price...)

Blizz usually only goes vs something that all people use

Well I've pretty much stopped playing D3 (I do 1 quick A3 run a day), and while I've gotten my fair share of legendaries recently, I've yet to get a set item since 1.04.

Well, that changed tonight. And judging by the rolls it looks like I lucked out as the ring can get some crap mods.

KMWXj.jpg

Just recently come back to this for the Paragon stuff after a break from the launch woes.

And holy crap has the economy changed. Have ~20,000 gold and thought I'd get some decent upgrades for the Inferno stuff, but damn, can't buy a single upgrade for my Wiz without needing at least 250-500k on the AH. And more like millions for anything decent.

Bummer.

My Wiz:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deadpool-6490/hero/7470262

Don't suppose anyone's got any throw away stuff that could help out my stats for a re-starter? US server BTW. Cheers.

zulux21

another 3 hour act 3 run, another day of nothing work selling on the AH (aka nothing worth 50k or more lol)
oh well, I was hoping since this is going to be my last run until Nov or so I would get something nice, but alas I think D3 sensed I was leaving it for TL2 as I got less level 62/63 rares than I normally get on an act 2 run :p

ElyrionX

Just recently come back to this for the Paragon stuff after a break from the launch woes.

And holy crap has the economy changed. Have ~20,000 gold and thought I'd get some decent upgrades for the Inferno stuff, but damn, can't buy a single upgrade for my Wiz without needing at least 250-500k on the AH. And more like millions for anything decent.

Bummer.

My Wiz:

Don't suppose anyone's got any throw away stuff that could help out my stats for a re-starter? US server BTW. Cheers.

I should be able to help you out. Add me. My battletag is ElyrionX#6495. I'm from Asia though and on weekdays I usually only play at night which means I should be online about 5 to 6 hours from now.

mlaz14

Bummer.

My Wiz:

Take a look at my wiz/wd. Anything they have on either couldn't sell or wasn't worth selling. I'll probably never play them so you can have whatever they have if you want.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/

I should be able to help you out. Add me. My battletag is ElyrionX#6495. I'm from Asia though and on weekdays I usually only play at night which means I should be online about 5 to 6 hours from now.

Thanks, added you up.

Take a look at my wiz/wd. Anything they have on either couldn't sell or wasn't worth selling. I'll probably never play them so you can have whatever they have if you want.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/

Thanks man, added you up too. Catch you in game.

I know how that feel, man.

Last week I did a similar boneheaded thing. I was doing the naked boss achievements and tried to remove my equipment during the Belial fight after killing his minions. Accidentally I moved my Blackthorn's Notched Belt on the floor and died. That belt cost me 45 million gold but due to inflation I can't even find one nearly as good at 90 million. So I'm just wearing a cheap one that's worth about 2 million gold right now. Lost tons of health and resist.

On a subsequent attempt I did the same thing with one of my weapons. Luckily I picked it up that time before I died otherwise I probably would've rage quit. In retrospect I should've used some 50K items instead of my real gear to do the Belial fight.

Thankfully my stuff will only be about 10-15 million to replace. Yikes on that belt. That sucks man.

Dahbomb

Honestly if I had some money I would start buying all the plans. They are very cheap now. I am very certain that crafting in general is going to be buffed or made more worthwhile down the line. Although it might just be that everyone has already gotten so many plans and that's why they aren't buying any more.

linsivvi

Honestly if I had some money I would start buying all the plans. They are very cheap now. I am very certain that crafting in general is going to be buffed or made more worthwhile down the line. Although it might just be that everyone has already gotten so many plans and that's why they aren't buying any more.

Out of boredom last weekend I spent about 1.5 million or so buying most of the non-legendary plans. There's 2 6-prop plans that I didn't buy because they were at 500K or more. The legendary plans still worth millions though.

Sigmaah

I dunno if I can play this game anymore, it's just the SAME shit over and over again... Especially when the drops suck this much, this game is getting boring as fuck minute by minute. Like I said, I don't expect godly drops but they should be better than what we're all getting now.

turnbuckle

I dunno if I can play this game anymore, it's just the SAME shit over and over again... Especially when the drops suck this much, this game is getting boring as fuck minute by minute. Like I said, I don't expect godly drops but they should be better than what we're all getting now.

That's where I'm at right now. I go back and forth on it, but whenever I bring myself to play it this week I kinda just lose interest almost immediately. I think I've played maybe 2 hours this week, but logged in every day. Too bad.

Wolfie5

I'm curious if anyone here has had a legendary plan drop?

I had 2 drops, though both are low lvl plans. First I got was a wand or staff plan before patch 1.04. The other was after patch 1.04 and it was crappy boots not worth anything. Since both are crap they are cheap to craft.

turnbuckle

I'm just gonna be hoarding my tomes and essences. Someday they may go up in value. They've crashed so hard recently. The big drop in price coupled with the big drop in the value of gold has basically cut their value by like 80%

scosher

I haven't played in a while, but I think the lack of any bind on equip killed the economy to the point every drop is worthless except for the top end, perfectly rolled rares or good legendaries.

Farming is less fun when 99% of your drops are vendor trash because of the economy.

I'm just gonna be hoarding my tomes and essences. Someday they may go up in value. They've crashed so hard recently. The big drop in price coupled with the big drop in the value of gold has basically cut their value by like 80%

I'll probably end up regretting this, but I've stopped collecting both tomes and essenses.

Pretty much what sleepykyo said.

I do see an increase in prices / sellability of the mid tier stuff once 1.05 comes down. Lots and lots of people are going to be coming back.

I haven't played in a while, but I think the lack of any bind on equip killed the economy to the point every drop is worthless except for the top end, perfectly rolled rares or good legendaries.

Farming is less fun when 99% of your drops are vendor trash because of the economy.

They need a system to incentive players to break their gear, by either putting upgrades where they can break through the upgrade or crafting.

That or reduce the drop rates.

Ragnarok Online had a system where you could upgrade a gear to up to +10. Every time you upgraded it past +4, there were would be a chance to break, and at every level the chance would increase. The chance to break from +9 to +10 was like 90%, so you can guess how hard it was to get that stuff.

The point was to remove a good chunk of the mid tier gear out of the economy to make them worthy again, and give players the incentive to break them.

I'm coming up to Diablo on Hell difficulty so I need to know if what I have can now can get me through Act I Inferno. Dont got much money so anything you guys can point out things I should be looking for.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pompidu-1119/hero/26569361

-You'll really want to start upping your surviveability. 21.5k health is low for Inferno. Target 40k.
-Get Crit Chance + Crit Damage on each ring (anything extra is bonus) Should only be 1M each.
-Braces get a Higher Crit % (5 or 6) and get some Vit with that Dex. Start trying to hit Max Crit % for each item. Its a little more expensive but the crits will do great damage and if you use Night Stalker give you back Disc.
-Ditch SS soon.
-Look at a Inquisitor Cloak Legendary they are about 200k-2M depending on its stats. It has about 90 Dex high All Resist and has Movement Speed on it. 12+12 on boots = a nice 24% movement bonus.
-Amulet should have 100 of Dex and Vit at the least and get some Crit % or Crit Dam.
-Upgrade to your Bow and or Quiver should each be 2M or so but get a better weapon once in Inferno.
-Try and have Vit Dex on every piece even if you have to get medium field for awhile.

If you don't have the money grinddddd. Get 5 stacks and go running around Act III hell. Should get some big piles it shouldn't take too long to obtain the money. Look for any MF/GF items to sell of. A GF/MF 14% ring goes for 25k.

Heh ... got two legendary items in a 25 min run at lunch. Too bad neither were amazing, though both worth a good amount more than a brimstone.

One was a goldskin and the other a dawn. The dawn rolled a good damage roll though. 1050 or so DPS, 65 crit DMG, 8 IAS, 650 LOH.

Maybe I'll get my boots back faster than I thought. :)

kennah

Heh ... got two legendary items in a 25 min run at lunch. Too bad neither were amazing, though both worth a good amount more than a brimstone.

One was a goldskin and the other a dawn. The dawn rolled a good damage roll though. 1050 or so DPS, 65 crit DMG, 8 IAS, 650 LOH.

Maybe I'll get my boots back faster than I thought. :)

Man, i gotta start following you around more :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom