• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add losing 50% armor off the Monk passive and Monks will not even get near reflect damage elites lol

Monk are the only one getting so much nerf.

Sure, build diversity... buff active skills... yeah but we still have no dps multiplicators as other classes.

So we go for semi tank build.

" No ! " says blizzard, Monks should not go for tank !

So what are we supposed to do ?

Spent 10x more than barb for the same dps ? And just be walking debuff machines ?

linsivvi

Add losing 50% armor off the Monk passive and Monks will not even get near reflect damage elites lol

Monks see a net gain from their passives. Yes they get the worse treatment among all classes in this patch but even after losing the ability to dodge reflect damage the game is still made easier (for the 3rd time).

Sure, build diversity... buff active skills... yeah but we still have no dps multiplicators as other classes.

Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
Mantra of Conviction
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Deadly Reach - Foresight
Guilding Light
Combination Strike

So we go for semi tank build.

If you're still doing a tank build after 1.0.4, you're doing it wrong.

In fact, if you have the top gears, you can even make a Tempest Rush build that farm nearly as fast as the WW barbs.

We'll see how it affect things after 1.0.5, but as it stands monks aren't doing so bad compared to witch doctors and demon hunters.

Xamdou

Monks see a net gain from their passives. Yes they get the worse treatment among all classes in this patch but even after losing the ability to dodge reflect damage the game is still made easier (for the 3rd time).

Most likely the 1.06 patch they will nerf OWE. When that drops monks will have to get all resist gear (Dex + AR which is Demon Hunter territory) which are 2x-100x more expensive than current monk gear!

linsivvi

Most likely the 1.06 patch they will nerf OWE. When that drops monks will have to get all resist gear (Dex + AR which is Demon Hunter territory) which are 2x-100x more expensive than current monk gear!

They can't nerf OWE before because they've designed monks so badly that monks need it just to survive. After 1.0.5 OWE isn't essential any more because their way to "fix" things is to nerf the game so much that monks won't need OWE to survive.

When they finally nerf OWE I believe they'll either do another round of nerf or buff other monk skills. Blizzard made a lot of mistakes but they are not that stupid to just nerf it without any kind of re-balance.

In the long run it is also healthier for the class because OWE being an essential passive for monks is a disadvantage. It gives you lots of resists sure but when the other classes are looking at 6 prop rares, they have 5 properties for other stuffs while monks only have 4. If monks didn't need OWE they can potentially be a lot more powerful.

In fact, I'm working on dropping OWE in 1.0.5 so I can free it up for other passives. Getting there!

They said they're taking their time with OWE so as not to mess with current monk gear. Not sure how, but they've said it both times a nerf was brought up.

Xamdou

They will nerf OWE when high dex/All resist gear will be at affordable prices. The way it is now, it's so expensive because those are the Demon Hunter's primary stats and is the only reason why those gear cost so much.

I've invested a lot already into end-game legendary arcane gear and have no plans to change them. This is why I am so dependent on OWE.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It was just added to the notes

NOOOOO ! :(

You know, I never was against nerfing the proc rate. What I find ridiculous is by how much it's been reduced. 0.25 makes melee wizards kinda overpowered, but 0.125 makes them too vulnerable. They should make it 0.175.

IAS gear prices for wizard are gonna skyrocket I guess.

linsivvi

You guys have to also remember that this is the PTR patch note and is in no way final. If enough players doing the PTR test complain about something, there's a good chance it'll be changed. It's not like Blizzard hadn't already gave in to players demand on numerous issues.

They will nerf OWE when high dex/All resist gear will be at affordable prices. The way it is now, it's so expensive because those are the Demon Hunter's primary stats and is the only reason why those gear cost so much.

I've invested a lot already into end-game legendary arcane gear and have no plans to change them. This is why I am so dependent on OWE.

yeah, me too look at my Monk

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OmegaMan-1511/hero/1642708

I spent weeks crafting and getting a nice combination of arcane + all res, my gear and the gear from 90% of Monks will be rendered useless if they do a mayor nerf to OwE, they know, that have stated it twice already, in my case I will be losing A LOT of gold if Blizzards fucks it up.

You guys have to also remember that this is the PTR patch note and is in no way final. If enough players doing the PTR test complain about something, there's a good chance it'll be changed. It's not like Blizzard hadn't already gave in to players demand on numerous issues.
That's true, this are not final, if something incredibly broken or nerfed is discovered, ig people whine enough, it can be re-adjusted for when the real patch deploys.

That would still affect the monks that hven't geared with ALL RES only but still stack. Something they said they wanted to avoid.

At least I hope they follow through with what they're saying.

They won't nerf OWE until they come up with a solution that won't render monk gear useless.

Monks were really poorly designed from the get go and they are still one of the most underpowered classes, so I'm not really afraid right now.

Looking at my build, Seize the Initiative grants me a 10% damage reduction as armor. With 25% damage reduction from monsters, I might just drop Seize the Initiative all together and get Sixth Sense, with my current gear it offers me a 11% dodge chance increase, and I can probably get it up to 15% when I have all the gear I want.

Melville

fklOG.jpg

Exquisite shoulders indeed

169/200 dex
55/60 fire res
76/80 all res
265/265 armor

Not sure what to do with it, too bad my monk doesn't use fire resistance.

Dahbomb

Man I think I am done with the game until patch 1.05. I am Paragon LVL15 and haven't had a legit drop in so lo.....

*Green Chest armor drops in Act 3*

iF3hqRl8X6jp6.gif

*Identifies object*

koeY0.jpg

RQQdw.png

This fucking game... I swear to god... it knows things.

Zaventem

Man i'm happy for the other classes but Monks and Witch Doctors are the classes they're scared to touch because they seem like they'll have TOO much potential the way blizzard "fixes" things.It's really disappointing to me because those are they 2 classes that i was drawn to the most.I guess in the next six months they'll work something out....depressing.

Dahbomb

Gz, Dahbomb. Now donate that shit to me!
If you got the cash or a legit item of equal worth I will be happy to trade with a fellow gaffer.

Better keep playing twice as long as you intended, might be a streak
It's funny because the group I was in... EVERYONE got a Legendary during the run. Ivory Tower, Echoing Fury and this. Granted both of them were like higher P level than me but still... it was bizzarro land.

Celegus

Congrats that thing is a beast! The only set piece I've found is Zuni's string of skulls which isn't worth all that much, and of course my WD is my lowest leveled character. I'd love to collect a whole level 60 set someday, but the majority of pieces are soooo expensive.

Sigmaah

Man I think I am done with the game until patch 1.05. I am Paragon LVL15 and haven't had a legit drop in so lo.....

*Green Chest armor drops in Act 3*

iF3hqRl8X6jp6.gif

*Identifies object*

koeY0.jpg

RQQdw.png

This fucking game... I swear to god... it knows things.

LMAO! My dude hit big! sell that shit and get billion gold diablo tree (as moldran would say)

You're a millionaire! Congrats bro.

I swear to god your theory is 100% accurate.

Dahbomb

LOL not worth a billion but a few hundred million gold easily.

If someone bites it for a ton I am going to be going shopping for my Monk. I have been eye balling them Shenlongs for a while now...

PvP Strings in the PTR patch!

Will be too occupied with WoW and other things to give much love to D3 for awhile though. At the very latest, the OP will get some attention when the PvP patch does come. If I have spare time, I'll work on it after 1.05 is out. It's just not a huge priority for me anymore though.

Dahbomb

Anyone know what the "iron price" means in reference to D3? I overheard some people talking about it talking about how he paid the iron price for his gear. Does that mean he found his gear or used gold instead of real money on his gear?

turnbuckle

Anyone know what the "iron price" means in reference to D3? I overheard some people talking about it talking about how he paid the iron price for his gear. Does that mean he found his gear or used gold instead of real money on his gear?

Means he looted it from a corpse rather than purchased it

RivalCore

I hope 1.05 gets me back in. 1.04 worked for a few days but only one legendary drop after 40+ hours made me indifferent to playing the game anymore, there's only so many Act III runs I can do before it gets boring as hell.

But fuck Blizzard for nerfing the Monk passives.

Tom Penny

Monks have got nothing in both patches and they have done nothing to encourage different builds. The passive are still are trash and everyone will still run the same ones. You would think they would look at useless skills like retribution. Nope.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I found a 6 prop wand plan and decided to try it out. Crafted 5 wands and almost rolled something godly.

Now I have 5 mil less than I did 10 minutes ago.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can only speak for the Witch Doctor*, but I'm not sure if they know where they want to go with the class. The changes with the patch (1.05) seem pretty unimportant for Inferno (e.g. I don't recall ever seeing anyone use Spirit Barrage), except for maybe Jungle Fortitude. I'm not impressed. The changes they made with 1.04 were good, but it's still too fractured (imho). Oh well, at least there are quite a few general improvements.

Speaking of WDs, is it the least played class ? I don't seem to run into too many of those.

*And I must add that I was away from the game for two months and only came back about two weeks ago.

It is amongst active characters, as I understand. Monks are a close second....

jkanownik

Dj8zV.png

worth anything? US server.

I was just looking at those last night. I passed on a similar DPS one with strength and LL for 1.2M, so probably somewhere in the 500K range for that one. Legendary stats don't scale down value as much as non-legendary items. That's only a 200K mace if it was rare with the same stats.

Tom Penny

I was just looking at those last night. I passed on a similar DPS one with strength and LL for 1.2M, so probably somewhere in the 500K range for that one. Legendary stats don't scale down value as much as non-legendary items. That's only a 200K mace if it was rare with the same stats.

That weapon adds .21 attack speed to the other weapon he's holding when dual wielding so a 1.4 speed would be 1.61 without a socket though every weapon is worth way less.

Cipherr

In the Launcher, click Options -> Download Public Test.

Its just linking me to the Battle net download page for the normal D3 launcher download, not a PTR client.

For example, here is the WoW client section:

nTGMcl.png

And here is Diablo 3's client section:

MCEK9l.png

I don't see a PTR client, and I think there should be one. Im pretty sure the one displayed is just the normal game client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom