• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Never thought for a second thought this ring would get up to a 50+ mil bid. It doesn't do much for my character.

xQcpR.jpg

It's the weekend, where causal gamers with money would buy stuff. Some of my items that has been sitting on the AH for a few days were sold too.

Cipherr

Resplendent chests now drop extra loot for NV stacks AND grant a stack? Holy shit, I'm going to be really happy to find them for the first time since the MF chest nerf!

Also yay @ magic missile changes, might be tempted to give it another go.

Yeah the chests changes are fantastic. They can finally go back and make them worthwhile now that they fixed the earlier issues that drove people to farming them through game resets over and over.

Dahbomb

Act 1 isn't even where the farming happens. They need to do something about act 4. Add more dungeons, double/triple the amount of enemies and elites in it.

sleepykyo

Act 1 isn't even where the farming happens. They need to do something about act 4. Add more dungeons, double/triple the amount of enemies and elites in it.

Not really. Act 4 is still the last part for people to finish the game, dumping a bunch of elites just makes it a chore for them. Act 3 is large enough that they can throw the elites off on the side where they can be farmed without interfering with the campaign.

You know, D3 has an amazing gameplay, easily its biggest strength. IMO PvP will be glorious when released. (If the lag issues are fixed)

And yeah, too bad it's infested with some serious issues that are taking an unnecessary amount of time to be fixed.

How does PvP work (have not played D2)? Seems like there are way too many CC/invulnerability moves in the game.

Dahbomb

I meant adding elites in the optional dungeons. Have like a Keeps style dungeon with a ton of elites and a res chest in it. Put more side events in.

Right now act 3 is end game. Act 4 is not worth farming at all due to paragon system despite having a better loot table.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Act 4 doesn't have a better loot table. It has the exact same loot table as act 3.

I think the only way they could make act 4 farming worth it is if they make the loot table better or if they make the legendary drop rate in that act better or something. With the way act 4 is designed, even if they add a bunch more monsters it still won't be as good as act 3.

You do fight a lot of bosses in quick succession in act 4, though. Maybe with the way item affixes work in 1.0.5 it'll be worth running because of the increased chances of rolling a godly affix.

edit: actually they could just add completely new side dungeons that are way bigger.

Dahbomb

Well that is news to me. Here I thought the reason people didn't farm act 4 was just that it didn't have enough elites. If it has the same loot table then there is 0 reason to farm act 4.

Edit: Checked the loot tables and in fact it is true.

Fularu

Banned
Code:
V_Arnold loves a Blizzard game more than a competitor's game? Stop the presses people! Next time he'll tell us WoW is better than GW2.

He's spot on about the gameplay. When I'm hitting stuff with my barb, it feels like it connects and hurts. When I hit stuff on my Engineer, it feels like a noodle that whacks at dolls.

While TLII is a big step up over TL, from a gameplay pov, it's years behind D3.

And no, drowning you with gear (which is good only because it's in a vacuum and can't be compared to anything but your own stuff) isn't what makes a loot game something you'll keep playing, there has to be a meaning behind said gear, so far there's none.

Melville

i got a legendary wizard hat

lvl 58

salvaged it

got 3 encrusted hooves

vendored it.

That wizard hat was my first inferno legendary! Since then I've found twice in a row the same crappy barbarian belt and... that's it.
In other news, I still haven't dropped a single set item in 460 hours of gameplay :mad:

Wow, just found a few items that are worth a few millions. I might be with about 20m for the weekend.

Only 20m more to go to get the weapon I want :(

rofl....

So I haven't played in 2 weeks, logged in today to test if the work I did on my laptop's cooling system paid off........so I do a quick butcher run with my paragon 2 WD........

Of course a Legendary drops, after playing so hard from 1.04 up until 2 weeks ago waiting for one to drop and of course its a level 60 hand crossbow =/ I hate you D3!!!!!

Can't post item at the moment but I got a level 60 shoulders with level reduction of 15. That's the most I've seen. How high can level reduction go?

I'm sure that alone can get me some sort of gold, maybe more if PVP was out.

pompidu

Can I get a price check on this ring, not much like it on the AH. Its probably crap.

lvl60
+ 67 Strength
+ 36 Intelligence
+ 117 Vitality
+ 33 Arcane Resistance
Critical Hit Chance 3.5%

Dahbomb

Check the 3 stats of strength, vit and crit chance on the ah. The rest of the stats don't really matter much for a Barb.

It's not worth a lot but it will sell for cheap.

M.D

Killed Azmodan today..

Where are you guys farming in Act 3? I guess farming the whole act would be a good thing to do since it's not that long and doesn't require a lot of exploration outside of the keep depths, but I'm not sure I'm up too it since elite packs still give me trouble and I think it would take too long since I would be killed too often

I think doing the whole heart of sin would be good? has a decent amount of elites IIRC

Also, could you guys give me advice on what gear I should try to improve? I have 455K so I can't get anything too fancy but prices are pretty cheap if it's not a legendary
Would also like to hear advice on skills

My profile

Killed Azmodan today..

Where are you guys farming in Act 3? I guess farming the whole act would be a good thing to do since it's not that long and doesn't require a lot of exploration outside of the keep depths, but I'm not sure I'm up too it since elite packs still give me trouble and I think it would take too long since I would be killed too often

I think doing the whole heart of sin would be good? has a decent amount of elites IIRC

Also, could you guys give me advice on what gear I should try to improve? I have 455K so I can't get anything too fancy but prices are pretty cheap if it's not a legendary
Would also like to hear advice on skills

My profile

Quite frankly, if you can't farm Act 3 very effectively, just stick to Act 2 for a little bit. That's my advice at least.

M.D

Quite frankly, if you can't farm Act 3 very effectively, just stick to Act 2 for a little bit. That's my advice at least.

I'm now farming the sin of heart quest and I can suddenly handle the elites which I find weird because yesterday I was dying a lot...
They still hurt and I have to run around not to get killed but I was only killed once so far

I guess I'll do the whole act later or tomorrow...
The only bummer is I can't use my MF gear because it brings me down to 20K/25DPS which is way too low for Act 3

I'm getting 183 MF with my "normal" gear and 5NV which is decent I guess...

Prezhulio

I'm now farming the sin of heart quest and I can suddenly handle the elites which I find weird because yesterday I was dying a lot...
They still hurt and I have to run around not to get killed but I was only killed once so far

I guess I'll do the whole act later or tomorrow...
The only bummer is I can't use my MF gear because it brings me down to 20K/25DPS which is way too low for Act 3

I'm getting 183 MF with my "normal" gear and 5NV which is decent I guess...

I don't know how big of a difference it makes but your resistances are pretty low, might be part of the survivability problem.

M.D

I don't know how big of a difference it makes but your resistances are pretty low, might be part of the survivability problem.

What's considered good? 600? 700?
I was looking for a chest piece earlier and the ones with res all are all in the millions unless the armor itself is very low

I saw a few legendary chests with good int and vit and res all but low armor (245 IIRC)
Is it worth the sacrificing armor for res all?

BTW just found this... I imagine it could have been worth something with higher damage and dex, right?

0MLyB.jpg

pompidu

Quick price check, please..

Eminence Gift
LVL62

+11 Minimum Damage
+109 Strength
+62 Dexterity
+1002 Life After Kill
Critical Hit Damage 60%
+21% Magic Find
Socket

Dahbomb

You know the AH can price check for you right? Put in strength, socket, crit damage, mf and min damage. Lower some value until you get matches. Getting price check from AH is more relevant.

pompidu

You know the AH can price check for you right? Put in strength, socket, crit damage, mf and min damage. Lower some value until you get matches. Getting price check from AH is more relevant.

I do but there all over the place and no amulet i found contains all those stats at those particular levels

+95 Strength
Critical Hit Damage 55%
+20% Magic Find
Socket

Search by that, profit (or in this case, probably not.) You have to keep in mind when pricing items people search usually 3-4 unless they are going super specific but usually in that case it'll be for useful things like Armor etc. You always have to round down stats too until you're at the VERY top end of things.

Why would anyone spend an extra 5-10 mil for 5% crit damage etc.?

Prezhulio

Quick price check, please..

Eminence Gift
LVL62

+11 Minimum Damage
+109 Strength
+62 Dexterity
+1002 Life After Kill
Critical Hit Damage 60%
+21% Magic Find
Socket

Vendor it IMO. It's a nice newly lvl 60 barb ammy but doesn't seem to have long term draw.

No AR, no VIT, no LOH, no CC. It's good crit damage and MF but unless it's a upgrade for you or your followers just sell it. You might be able to get 50k if you list it for weeks on end, but who knows

Edit: socket might make it worthwhile, if you throw an expensive gem in, still probably hard to swing a profit then though.

pompidu

+95 Strength
Critical Hit Damage 55%
+20% Magic Find
Socket

Search by that, profit (or in this case, probably not.) You have to keep in mind when pricing items people search usually 3-4 unless they are going super specific but usually in that case it'll be for useful things like Armor etc. You always have to round down stats too until you're at the VERY top end of things.

Why would anyone spend an extra 5-10 mil for 5% crit damage etc.?

I get what your saying, still learning his game.

More importantly, how can anyone expect GAF'ers be able to tell the market price more accurately than the AH itself?

I'm very new to this game, people in this thread have a large amount of knowledge I don't possess.

Vendor it IMO. It's a nice newly lvl 60 barb ammy but doesn't seem to have long term draw.

No AR, no VIT, no LOH, no CC. It's good crit damage and MF but unless it's a upgrade for you or your followers just sell it. You might be able to get 50k if you list it for weeks on end, but who knows

Edit: socket might make it worthwhile, if you throw an expensive gem in, still probably hard to swing a profit then though.
I threw up there for a bid at its vendor value. Guess Il wait and see.

Prezhulio

It's worth more than whatever it's vendor price is.

Most definitely, but will it actually move with such a glut of items in the economy post 1.04? It seems like a lot of luck is needed to move just about anything that isn't god tier. Ammys and rings are an exception of sorts, so best of luck!

Basically learn the MAX rolls on all the pieces. Near max rolls sell for a lot more people are willing to pay a premium for something they know they wont have to upgrade anytime soon and know that theres not much out there thats better.

Learn the max MF/GF on pieces and what they are selling for atm. Even a blue MF/GF ring sells quickly for a mild stack of gold.

I have a question.

I currently have 175m. I could buy a good Danetta's Spite for that.

However theres currently a Danetta's Revenge on the AH with over 1k dps and near max dex for 89m B/O which, I'm pretty sure is a bargin.

But then I'm not sure if the Danetta's set is worth it. I looks at d3 progress and the top score 1hander DH's seem to be using Danetta's Spite + Calamity.

But then Danetta's Revenge has LOH and Hatred regren, two things I don't have. If I buy the Danetta's Revenge it'll have no real effect on my DPS right now, but if I get the set, it'll add to it.

So buy a Danetta's Revenge or not, is basically the question.

Definity

It had been almost two weeks since I seen a legendary or anything of value at all. Today a legendary ring dropped but it was a level 59 pile o crap.

Any chance the patch hits this Tuesday? Looking forward to some of the changes.

Melville

Heh, I get killed by stupid molten elites, and on my way back to get my revenge I decide to hit one of those giant worms in Act 3 to regain some spirit. Legendary staff! The Tormentor, a little above 1000 dps. I would have prefered the grand vizier but my enchantress already got a MF weapon (the blade of prophecy, which is dirt cheap on the AH right now, 30-35 mf and gf). Back to my run now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom