• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

In the Launcher, click Options -> Download Public Test.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I do that and it takes me to a blizz page where I can download the D3 setup client. I download and then run it and nothing happens.

EDIT:

Same issue as above for me.

Dahbomb

I don't have the PTR downloaded either but that's how people who got it described it as. Maybe need some more insight on it.

Dj8zV.png

worth anything? US server.

Any wiz's dream. had a socket and it's the best wiz weapon in the game

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I bet I get a super-godly drop that I won't be able to transfer while I'm testing this shit out.

Any wiz's dream. had a socket and it's the best wiz weapon in the game

Not even close. I have a weapon with similar DPS, socket, crit damage, and +int and it only cost me 25 mil. Granted, I kinda got a good deal on my weapon, but that one doesn't have socket or crit damage, so it's relatively worthless. < 5mil.

'course, now that I say that he's gonna sell it for 100.

Well, that was a million I probably shouldn't have spent.

#willynillyringshopping

Millions come n go, whatd u get?

Also I'm really hoping they eventually give you an extra yard or two of default pickup, I just lost my Increased Radius I had in a Helm upgrade and I almost feel the extra 7k of damage isn't worth it because of how annoying it is sometimes running over the same pile 2 or 3 times before nabbing it!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
And what are the benefits?

More magic find. That's it as far as I can tell so far. Though maybe the monsters are higher level, which means higher quality affixes?

Monster level 5 is more doable with my 150k DPS wizard, but it still feels like it's probably not worth it.

I kinda figure they intentionally jacked up the health on monster level 10 to a level they don't plan on leaving it at for the public release so they can catch exploits. Any spec that can run monster level 10 efficiently the way it is is probably broken.

IlludiumQ36

I haven't seen any indication or confirmation that Monster Power actually increases the enemy level, just the damage. Soooo...if the only benefit is more MF and now that affixes roll on enemy LVL, then running Act1 + M-Pwr is....useless?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Yeah with the HP numbers I'm hearing, there's no way MP10 is worth doing considering how much exponentially longer it takes to get each kill. I'm assuming they gave it incredibly overkill numbers because they don't want to ever have to make an unpopular increase in difficulty, so it's better to bring it down later after player feedback.

Guys I just got 2 verification codes from blizzard via sms, though I didn't do anything, I've changed my password is there anything else I can do? Not sure if someone was trying to change details on my account or if it was a technical glitch

Do you think this is worth anything or should I just vendor it...I checked but nothings really like it.

Untitled_zps5fc82b12.png

Its definitely LOW dps. But its cold. Real high Vit Real high Crit Socket and Medium Str. Would anyone use this?

Also after an entire night of nothing I get a friggen WEAPON 2H bow upgrade... Crazy didnt expect that.

linsivvi

I haven't seen any indication or confirmation that Monster Power actually increases the enemy level, just the damage. Soooo...if the only benefit is more MF and now that affixes roll on enemy LVL, then running Act1 + M-Pwr is....useless?

If you want to farm legendary and set items, it's still an option. I can see people turning up the power level to farm leoric's signet in normal act 2.

PTR is down for the weekend, fwiw.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679367924

They sure know how to kill any hype for D3.

Yeah what a buzzkill. I was looking forward to having a go at monster power level 10.

Keikaku

I sat down and played the gem crafting market a little bit. I went from around 3 million gold to just over 13 million at the cost of the majority of my carefully hoarded gems. It's funny how a single Radiant Star Topaz sells for far less overall than it's component gems (3 Perfect Stars or 9 Flawless Stars). Not that I'm complaining since I now have some real money on hand.

I bought a rare mace that upped my damage by about 2.5-3K, a bracer that boosted my damage by 1.4K and I'm waiting on bids for a couple of Sages's Set pieces to come through.

Here's my profile. I died a couple of times to Zultan Kulle before I upgraded my gear and I want to be able to get to Act 3. Anyone have any suggestions for gear? I have about 11 million still on hand.

M.D

Hey WDGAF, for those of you running with pets, what runes do you use on them? (nm just checked your builds)

Here is my profile btw -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

If I use zombie dogs I use Leeching Beasts and I'm currently running with a gargantuan using Humongoid but I understand Big Stinker is a better rune

______

I don't know if I'm lucky or not.
I got a legendary every day for the last three days. The problem is, they're all lame ;p

I just got this legendary ring I almost missed on the ground

nBf7A.jpg

Is it worth anything? I don't want to lose the NV to check the AH
I imagine not because the only good stat is the res all, but I don't know if it's worth much on it's own

^ 50 to 59 Legendaries are the bigest Troll items in the game, they worth nothing, they are the"close but no cigar" items, the "thank you, try again"

larvi

Hit plvl 30 last night and finally found a couple of legendaries after a very long dry spell. Unfortunately nothing great, some firewalkers and a windforce, neither of which will sell for much. I may give the windforce a shot to see how the knockback is but with no socket and no loh it's a big step down from what I have now. Still hoping to find a manticore some day but I'm sure if I do it will be sub 1K dps and have str and int as the affixes.

V_Arnold

Torchlight II is so amazing, it made me go back to Diablo III last night.

And Diablo III has OMG, so much faster paced gameplay, that it is not even funny.
Not even funny. And ten times more precise.

I am not regretting my day1 TL2 purchase, cause, well, I will play it through (and veteran is way more enjoyable than Elite), but D3... yeah.

pompidu

Can anyone recommend me some ActI Inferno farming routes, I'm getting crap yellows. Is NV stack suppose to disappear when you fight The Butcher? It keeps disappearing.

V_Arnold

Can anyone recommend me some ActI Inferno farming routes, I'm getting crap yellows. Is NV stack suppose to disappear when you fight The Butcher? It keeps disappearing.

Start with the Forest, clear the two fixed dungeons. The place + two mini-dungeons give you 3-4-5 NV's. Then go check if you have the Watchtower in Northern Highlands. If yes, clear it. It can spawn 6-7 groups in its second level , sometimes. Then go for leoric's manor and its courtyard.

Then, move on and kill the Butcher, and the Jailer before (start with Jailer quest!).
When you are done, repeat OR clear the three cemetery areas - Jar of Souls is always a beast in terms of gold, potential rares and legendaries dropped -an event takes a minute, and nets you 100+kills easily. Also, one can check if the layout allows for a Jar or not pretty quickly.

inky

V_Arnold loves a Blizzard game more than a competitor's game? Stop the presses people! Next time he'll tell us WoW is better than GW2.

M.D

Someone suggested it to me a couple of pages back when I was farming Act 1

1. Select the The Imprisoned Angel - The Cursed Hold quest
2. Use waypoint to Northern Highlands and go to the left to see if the "The Watchtower" is there - If not, reload the game. This place can spawn a ton of elite packs in one level. Leave the place for now.
3. Go north to find Leoric's manor. Go inside and finish all the mobs (should not take very long).
4. Use the waypoint in Leoric's manor to go to the Festering Woods - There are 2 dungeon with an elite pack in each one, and 2 elite packs in the woods (very small area)
5. Go to the Cemetery of the Forsaken and clear the 3 crypts
6. Go back to The Watchtower and clear it

This path is awesome because it doesn't require you to explore large areas and it has just a ton of elites. If you can kill Act 1 mobs fast you can probably do it in an hour or less

You can also go the Halls of Agony Level 2 and do the Warden & Butcher

About your NV - It disappears because you changed one of your skills. It says so in the description :p
I was wondering why it was happening at first too lol
I don't really see how that makes sense BTW

pompidu

Start with the Forest, clear the two fixed dungeons. The place + two mini-dungeons give you 3-4-5 NV's. Then go check if you have the Watchtower in Northern Highlands. If yes, clear it. It can spawn 6-7 groups in its second level , sometimes. Then go for leoric's manor and its courtyard.

Then, move on and kill the Butcher, and the Jailer before (start with Jailer quest!).
When you are done, repeat OR clear the three cemetery areas - Jar of Souls is always a beast in terms of gold, potential rares and legendaries dropped -an event takes a minute, and nets you 100+kills easily. Also, one can check if the layout allows for a Jar or not pretty quickly.

Thanks!

Someone suggested it to me a couple of pages back when I was farming Act 1

1. Select the The Imprisoned Angel - The Cursed Hold quest
2. Use waypoint to Northern Highlands and go to the left to see if the "The Watchtower" is there - If not, reload the game. This place can spawn a ton of elite packs in one level. Leave the place for now.
3. Go north to find Leoric's manor. Go inside and finish all the mobs (should not take very long).
4. Use the waypoint in Leoric's manor to go to the Festering Woods - There are 2 dungeon with an elite pack in each one, and 2 elite packs in the woods (very small area)
5. Go to the Cemetery of the Forsaken and clear the 3 crypts
6. Go back to The Watchtower and clear it

This path is awesome because it doesn't require you to explore large areas and it has just a ton of elites. If you can kill Act 1 mobs fast you can probably do it in an hour or less

You can also go the Halls of Agony Level 2 and do the Warden & Butcher

About your NV - It disappears because you changed one of your skills. It says so in the description :p
I was wondering why it was happening at first too lol
I don't really see how that makes sense BTW

Thanx for your info! I change my skill right before Butcher everytime, NOW I KNOW WHY I SHOULDNT TY!

V_Arnold

V_Arnold loves a Blizzard game more than a competitor's game? Stop the presses people! Next time he'll tell us WoW is better than GW2.

WoW! It almost makes me feel like I am in a predetermined universe where I was not jumping on TL2 day one. Where I WANT to hate it. Nope. It is a good game. Guild Wars 2 is great, but I am a PVE fan, so I'll go back to WoW with Mists. And do hardcore Challenge Mode with tank characters. Dem holy trinity! :)

linsivvi

Blizzard warriors are sick. You can't go to a thread related to both games without them repeatedly telling you how much better D3 is than any other game. Thankfully there's that ignore function.

tafer

You know, D3 has an amazing gameplay, easily its biggest strength. IMO PvP will be glorious when released. (If the lag issues are fixed)

And yeah, too bad it's infested with some serious issues that are taking an unnecessary amount of time to be fixed.

Vodh

Resplendent chests now drop extra loot for NV stacks AND grant a stack? Holy shit, I'm going to be really happy to find them for the first time since the MF chest nerf!

Also yay @ magic missile changes, might be tempted to give it another go.

Never thought for a second thought this ring would get up to a 50+ mil bid. It doesn't do much for my character.

xQcpR.jpg

I definitely don't think that's worth 50m, since i'd rather pay for critical damage than ASPD.

But it's still a BALLIN' ring nonetheless.

EDIT: In theory, the sock also allows for 60 of whatever stat the person wants.

Dahbomb

Attack speed is rather underrated these days. Monks love to have that attack speed. I think it might go up in value if those DH pets end up being of any use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom