• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

From the data mined info.I know it has a chance of not being correct but things like this is why i think blizzard just adds a bunch of random numbers until it "feels" right without testing anything.

Gargantuan Cost: 147 Mana / Cooldown: 60 seconds / Summon a Gargantuan zombie to fight for you. The Gargantuan attacks for 100% (up from 25%) of your weapon damage as Physical.

Wrathful Protector : Summon a more powerful Gargantuan that only lasts for 15 seconds. The Gargantuan's fists burn with fire, dealing 110% (up from 55%) of your weapon damage as Fire and knocking enemies back.

Bruiser : The Gargantuan gains the ability to periodically slam enemies, dealing 200% (up from 100%) of your weapon damage as Physical and stunning them for 3 seconds.

No mention of reckless giant but that skill was already good.For those that don't know here's what it did: When the Gargantuan encounters an elite enemy or is near 5 enemies, it enrages for 15 seconds gaining:20% movement speed/35% attack speed/200% Physical damage.This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds. Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players.

Why would anyone choose Wrathful if this info is correct? you can resummon your Gargantuan to reset the bruiser timer.

I don't see any point in playing until the patch hits, anyone else feel this way?

Opposite for me. I'm going to try and finish the game before the patch hits. Made some decent progress today, started a couple of levels before Ghom, got him down, then got Siegebreaker and then got through about half of the shitty circular levels in the Heart of Sin. By that point my group was pretty tired, those levels are really bad for kiting, teleporting phasebeast and licker champion packs were fucking us badly and we got some amazingly bad affix combos (vortex-jailer-desecrator :|). Hoping to get it done tomorrow and then powering through Act 4 if possible.

Sigmaah

I don't see any point in playing until the patch hits, anyone else feel this way?

I feel the same. I'll try to farm and within 5 minutes I say fuck it and go to the AH and just window shop lmao. If I play with someone else though, I can finish the farm sesh. Playing with someone makes playing D3 way more enjoyable.

Ploid 3.0

I was farming hoping to find one of those Nat Legendaries, the ones with the discipline regen for the big time gold.

Mayyhem

I feel this way too. I've only got 17 million gold saved up and want to save up more for 1.0.4 but I'm getting so bored of farming. So I just decided to level a DH (For the first time, barb player) to kill time before the patch. DH is fun.

inky

I sold my 2 Nat pieces long ago. One sold for $120, the other one for ~$60. Wonder if they would have been worth much more after the patch...

Ploid 3.0

I can't see why they would be worth more honestly.

The discipline regen set bonus. It allows for some interesting builds. Well if a new discipline regen legendary is available it maybe useless, but if it's a ring or something that allow for Nats + the new regen... wow.

So I was bored and did some math. If I didn't go on spending splurges all the times I did, I'd have 230 Million gold right now lol.

I've always reached 40 million, then wasted 30 million. Got back to 40, wasted 30. Etc etc...well it wasn't wasting, I was flipping stuff in the RMAH and made lots of money off of it. But it still stings :p

Cagey

Banned
I've not played softcore since my self-imposed hiatus at the beginning of July. After the bar exam, I had no desire to even try softcore again, so I finally migrated to hardcore. Playing the actual game (and not the AH) is fun again. Feels like Diablo again.

I guess I'll try it when the new legendaries launch with 1.0.4, but meh. Not sure what the point is.

Brofist

Can I get a quick price check on this.

JT5mr.jpg

Beepos

Wow I haven't played since 1.02 I think but 1.04 might get me back into my Wizard to tackle Act 3 Inferno. I just hope build diversity includes Inferno because I'm sick of seeing 20% skills only useful/viable on this difficulty.

The Legendary bonus/changes sounds amazing at least. Should of been in the game since the beginning but at least it's coming.

Hojaho

Nope i need to upgrade my legacy Natalya set before it's too late.

+2disc/s >>>>> +20 max ;)

I think the old one will still drop after the patch hits. Both sets and items have different names (which is not the case for legendaries), and the ilevel is different (62 vs 63).

Vodh

Wow I haven't played since 1.02 I think but 1.04 might get me back into my Wizard to tackle Act 3 Inferno. I just hope build diversity includes Inferno because I'm sick of seeing 20% skills only useful/viable on this difficulty.

The Legendary bonus/changes sounds amazing at least. Should of been in the game since the beginning but at least it's coming.

The build diversity is pretty much only about inferno, at least in theory. Up to the end of hell anything is perfectly viable with an easily affordable set from AH.

Vodh

lol. Can't argue about the Hellgate: London posts tho. TBH I thought that interview was pretty irritating with all the generalisations and superiority too, but looking at US Bnet forums it looks like Jay will have to pay for this faux pas.

hym

Banned
lol. Can't argue about the Hellgate: London posts tho. TBH I thought that interview was pretty irritating with all the generalisations and superiority too, but looking at US Bnet forums it looks like Jay will have to pay for this faux pas.

It couldn't come at a worst timing I think because Jay Wilson's developer Blog about Magic Find changes is scheduled for today which pretty certain will include heavy nerfs to Gear Swapping. The community won't swallow it lightly even if they sugar coat it with the rumoured prestige levels and perks.

Vodh

It couldn't come at a worst timing I think because Jay Wilson's developer Blog about Magic Find changes is scheduled for today which pretty certain will include heavy nerfs to Gear Swapping. The community won't swallow it lightly even if they sugar coat it with the rumoured prestige levels and perks.

Last time I checked they were working out ways to prevent gear swapping because (part of) the community demanded it. And I was, and am, in this part of community. Yeah, the whining will be and would have been there anyways, this way it will just make some of the whiners look more like incoherent trolls using completely irrelevant arguments.

hym

Banned
Last time I checked they were working out ways to prevent gear swapping because (part of) the community demanded it. And I was, and am, in this part of community. Yeah, the whining will be and would have been there anyways, this way it will just make some of the whiners look more like incoherent trolls using completely irrelevant arguments.

If the leaks are accurate changing items zeroes out your Magic Find and it takes 120 sec for the equiped Magic Find bonus to be in effect again.

I can only speak for myself but every Reflect Damage pack I swap to a Life on Hit weapon, if this means I have to spend at least 2 minutes to kill them or I don't get full benefit on my Magic Find then I'm gonna be greatly annoyed.

Vodh

If the leaks are accurate changing items zeroes out your Magic Find and it takes 120 sec for the equiped Magic Find bonus to be in effect again.

I can only speak for myself but every Reflect Damage pack I swap to a Life on Hit weapon, if this means I have to spend at least 2 minutes to kill them or I don't get full benefit on my Magic Find then I'm gonna be greatly annoyed.

Personally I'm all for the 'have a setup that deals with absolutely everything or deal with some kind of a tradeoff' design. Especially since that change would still be nothing as drastic as losing all your neph valor stacks when you switch a skill.

Does changing one item reset the entire MF to zero or is it per piece? Like for example, if I switch to gloves with 14% MF, it will take 120 seconds for that particular item's 14% MF to come into effect? Or is it that any gear change wipes out your entire MF percentage for 2 mins?

Also, can someone explain this to me? Is it showing lower damage because of the quiver or something? Because it actually is a pretty major DPS boost when equipped.

Vodh

Does changing one item reset the entire MF to zero or is it per piece? Like for example, if I switch to gloves with 14% MF, it will take 120 seconds for that particular item's 14% MF to come into effect? Or is it that any gear change wipes out your entire MF percentage for 2 mins?

Also, can someone explain this to me? Is it showing lower damage because of the quiver or something? Because it actually is a pretty major DPS boost when equipped.

The tooltip dps calculator can't deal with the passive (Archery was it?) that gives u a dps buff when using a bow, crit damage with 2h xbow and crit chance on 1h xbow. It basically takes your current dps at face value, but treats the new weapon as if you didn't use this passive.

V_Arnold

All the new legendaries are here in a pretty easy to browse format

http://www.d3lexicon.com/item

It even includes possible dmg ranges for the weapons, although I'm not quite sure if they are completely reliable as there is a 1h crossbow that can have 1500 dps, is guaranteed to roll crit dmg and can also roll a socket

http://www.d3lexicon.com/item/calamity

That's a lot of LoH, just has to roll 6% crit and then maybe more int or all res

38MAd.png

e: uhh

svCFL.png

Dear lord in heavens, I want an Oculus. Oh my god.

The tooltip dps calculator can't deal with the passive (Archery was it?) that gives u a dps buff when using a bow, crit damage with 2h xbow and crit chance on 1h xbow. It basically takes your current dps at face value, but treats the new weapon as if you didn't use this passive.

Thanks for the explanation :)

M.D

Is there any chance someone from the UK could buy me the game from Sainsbury (30 pounds from a physical shop) and ship it to me in Israel (I will pay for delivery cost)? I will pay back with PayPal

Beepos

Do we have any indication of when the patch will hit (sorry totally out of the loop if it's been made obvious or already stated).

Definity

Do we have any indication of when the patch will hit (sorry totally out of the loop if it's been made obvious or already stated).

Rumor is tomorrow but I don't think that's been confirmed by Blizz yet. The magic find blog update should hit later today and maybe we will see more info.

Radec

lol, goodluck finding those buffed legendaries. I bet starting price of the new ones will be like 50m-100m.

scy

-Resource cost for Meteor is still kind of a standout bad affix :|

Also, +10% crit Oculus with +8% Arcane Orb crit seems interesting.

M.D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030DH9R6/

Amazon has it for 30 and they have free delivery to whole Europe (i think).

I wish I could buy games from Amazon :(

For some reason, they don't ship games to Israel, but they do ship a lot of other things.
We're pretty much a European country, but that's not enough I guess :p

All the other shops that ship to Israel are more expensive and the prices I can find in Israel are only slightly higher.. guess I'm gonna buy it here and that's it.

Shadow780

Auction House Updates for 1.0.4 patch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369407745#1

tons of improvement, including the ability to cancel your auctions anytime and upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.

Search Improvements:

We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.

We're upping the number of digits you can enter in the "Min Value" field for equipment searches from 3 to 5 (i.e. you can now search for values > 999).

Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.

Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

ABOUT DAMN TIME

Vodh

Seems like it's still not possible to search for sources based on damage. Either that, or there's some poor ass wording in the notes, since it would be a really major improvement and if I was Blizz I wouldn't want the players to miss it if it's fixed.

Vodh

Wtf?

I always thought it made a lot of sense to not make that sortable, now people will be refreshing the AH all day long to snipe items.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. The way it is now, it's a system that benefits snipers and bots as normal players don't have the time and patience to flip through 40 pages over and over again. With the possibility to sort through time left it will prompt much more last minute bidding wars and give everyone a fighting chance at sniping those juicy 1d12h mispriced goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom