• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melville

I have my doubts about tomorrow, but 1.05 would be so nice! I don't think I've ever been this excited for each and every patch in a game ever.

I've been working on collecting achievements until the patch drops, which is also pretty fun. Up to ~3500 points, but hitting 4000 shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone else out there pay attention to or care about the cheevos?

I bought the entire Inna set (legacy) for 1.5 million just to get the achievement xD

I'm up to ~3300 now.

Celegus

I bought the entire Inna set (legacy) for 1.5 million just to get the achievement xD

I'm up to ~3300 now.

I thought of doing that, but that would be just about all of my moneys. I don't suppose I could borrow it quick if you still have it around? I promise I won't run off into the sunset with it!

linsivvi

I have my doubts about tomorrow, but 1.05 would be so nice! I don't think I've ever been this excited for each and every patch in a game ever.

I've been working on collecting achievements until the patch drops, which is also pretty fun. Up to ~3500 points, but hitting 4000 shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone else out there pay attention to or care about the cheevos?
I spent the first couple weeks after release working on achievements, so I was at around 3000 points when everyone else was suffering in inferno. Now i am at 3700 or so but have mostly left alone the barbs, wd and wizard achievements. Can't find the enthusiasm to start 3 new characters.

Not going to bother much with the hardcore ones with my ping but i might try to do the rare and unique monster ones and spend some gold to finish the crafting and set achievements. Did the naked boss achievements 2 weeks ago and accidentally dragged a set item to the floor and died. :(

larvi

II've been working on collecting achievements until the patch drops, which is also pretty fun. Up to ~3500 points, but hitting 4000 shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone else out there pay attention to or care about the cheevos?

I'm at 3180 but I haven't really made a concerted effort to collect them like I do with my 360 games. I took a look at the list and realized I would never be able to get them all so that kind of dampens my enthusiasm towards collecting them. Also when my 1st char hit level 60 the game glitched and I didn't get the achievement for it so I would have to get to level 60 with 3 DHs just to get that stupid achievement, providing it didn't glitch again. There just aren't enough character slots for that.

I'm at 3180 but I haven't really made a concerted effort to collect them like I do with my 360 games. I took a look at the list and realized I would never be able to get them all so that kind of dampens my enthusiasm towards collecting them. Also when my 1st char hit level 60 the game glitched and I didn't get the achievement for it so I would have to get to level 60 with 3 DHs just to get that stupid achievement, providing it didn't glitch again. There just aren't enough character slots for that.

This ... If I get one ... cool. I'm not actively seeking them. There's an achievement for getting two monks to 60. What a waste of time.

Celegus

There is actually one for getting 11 characters to 60, which is utter nonsense.

I hate the ones like that too, I'm not gonna play another 20 hours just to get another barbarian to 60 for a couple measly points. It took a while to convince myself that, even though I'll never get all of them, it's still fun to collect as many as I can.

Vodh

This ... If I get one ... cool. I'm not actively seeking them. There's an achievement for getting two monks to 60. What a waste of time.

One word. Hardcore. Funny how the name of the mode that makes it pretty much earn itself as long as you keep playing the game is a word that you could associate with a player who gets all the achievements in the game, huh? :p

ccbfan

Woah what happened to the D3 economy.

I haven't played for like a month but returning for 1.05. The economy is completely jacked now.

When I stopped gold was worth 1.7x now its worth .63. Also mid tier stuff is crazy cheap now. You can probably make a good act 3 infernal character with under 500K gold.

Top tier gear is crazy though. Stuffs like over 100 Mil and its not that much better than gear you can get for 100K.

Also the 1.05 changed are going to killed all current gear prices.

Every non-weapon item you get now is basically going to be a level 63 items (Who really cares about the minor differences in base armor). Considering the ratio of lev 63 items and everything else. I'd say we're talking about 20 time more lev 63 item are gonna flood the market.

Dahbomb

Economy has been jacked ever since 1.04. It's because of better legendaries, sets, 6 affix searches, better weapons, paragon levels and just more items/gold going into the economy without going out.

One word. Hardcore. Funny how the name of the mode that makes it pretty much earn itself as long as you keep playing the game is a word that you could associate with a player who gets all the achievements in the game, huh? :p

Never thought about hardcore ... Silly me. Still gnarly though.

Hardcore barely comes close to describing the person who gets all the achievments.

Hela

Do you reckon I'll get anything for this?

screenshot000aaatisw0.jpg

kennah

Umm... yes.. you will. It has the trifecta in it. Congratulations. Search for 6 IAS, 5 Crit Chance, 50 Crit Damage, and 100 Dex

You're fucking rich.

Hela

I really like what I'm seeing.
The cheapest comparable one is at 450mln buyout (I've got 300k at the moment...), or 49 euro on RMAH, and I think I'll try my luck with the latter first. If it paid for my Borderlands2 season pass it'd amazing.

woober

I really like what I'm seeing.
The cheapest comparable one is at 450mln buyout (I've got 300k at the moment...), or 49 euro on RMAH, and I think I'll try my luck with the latter. If it paid for my Borderlands2 season pass it'd amazing.

Not sure how the gold to eruo conversion is, but you could potentially make more sellling it for gold, and then selling the gold for euros.

Sigmaah

I can't play this game anymore, too fucking boring. I just get on to check the ah and shit. 1.0.5 can't come soon enough.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I can't play this game anymore, too fucking boring. I just get on to check the ah and shit. 1.0.5 can't come soon enough.

Just put on some music or watch a stream on the 2nd monitor. Turn on the spam left click autohotkey script and mindlessly kill stuff. Just reached paragon level 40 with this method

Sigmaah

Just put on some music or watch a stream on the 2nd monitor. Turn on the spam left click autohotkey script and mindlessly kill stuff. Just reached paragon level 40 with this method

Ooo spam left click script? How do I get this? I try to listen to music, that shit gets boring quick, I can try using a second monitor but I don't know how to set up a second one to my comp.

SteveO409

Ooo spam left click script? How do I get this? I try to listen to music, that shit gets boring quick, I can try using a second monitor but I don't know how to set up a second one to my comp.

Download autohotkey
Copy and paste this into a script
http://pastebin.com/zqA5pR56

Xbutton 2 is my mouse side button and it toggles the left click spam. You could change it to whatever you want by editing the Xbutton2. Sometimes you will pick up greys but you get use to it. I'm a crit monk so my class doesn't require that much to kill stuff.

Here's my setup
Right click-sweeping wind
Middle mouse- Blinding flash/mantra script
Mouse wheel up-Serenity
Mouse wheel down-Breath of heaven
Xbutton 1-Potion

Sigmaah

Download autohotkey
Copy and paste this into a script
http://pastebin.com/zqA5pR56

Xbutton 2 is my mouse side button and it toggles the left click spam. You could change it to whatever you want by editing the Xbutton2. Sometimes you will pick up greys but you get use to it. I'm a crit monk so my class doesn't require that much to kill stuff.

Here's my setup
Right click-sweeping wind
Middle mouse- Blinding flash/mantra script
Mouse wheel up-Serenity
Mouse wheel down-Breath of heaven
Xbutton 1-Potion

Thanks a lot. Will try this!

I watch streams of good Diable players while I play and it gets me sad. :(

And by good I mean people with way more free time and or money and or luck or all of above, so they can get better gear so their clicks can do more than my clicks.

koji

Also podcasts/talk shows are perfect for this type of game.

Yeah been doing that myself, gets boring after a while as well though.

In other news, paragon 0 to 10, not a single legendary or set drop, feels good to be back in the game again mang!

SteveO409

My profile link is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liferebooted-1675/hero/1227818 I've been looking at guides but I'm still lost. I love archon but I only have 30 mil since I never find any good drops since release. I'm at about 50k dps un buffed and I am completely lost on what to buy and how much to spend on what piece =\

You could easily find cheap rares nowadays that are actually good for act 1-2. I see this on the AH for 200k so try and look with this parameter and check often for Time left 1d12-11h.

http://i.imgur.com/BuRjP.jpg

Add a flawless star because you'll eventually get one and they'll remain the same price. 2 million

I haven't played a wizard so can't give anymore solid advice.

edit:
I linked this on the other page and highly recommend spending the 5 minutes to set it up. It takes a screenshot of the gear's tooltip and compares it with your current gear.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/10mdp1/d3bitcom_d3upcom_ingame_item_comparisons/

example of my profile
http://d3up.com/b/25500

example of comparison
http://i.imgur.com/deXFm.jpg

It's not bannable since it doesn't modify the game in anyway. It simply takes a screenshot for comparison

Hope that helps

Apparently Diablo III may be on clearance at Toys R Us for $10.

$10

Gonna see if I can grab a copy at that price later today for a friend who didn't get D3, even when I wanted him to so we could play together.

You could easily find cheap rares nowadays that are actually good for act 1-2. I see this on the AH for 200k so try and look with this parameter and check often for Time left 1d12-11h.

http://i.imgur.com/BuRjP.jpg

Add a flawless star because you'll eventually get one and they'll remain the same price. 2 million

I haven't played a wizard so can't give anymore solid advice.

edit:
I linked this on the other page and highly recommend spending the 5 minutes to set it up. It takes a screenshot of the gear's tooltip and compares it with your current gear.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/10mdp1/d3bitcom_d3upcom_ingame_item_comparisons/

example of my profile
http://d3up.com/b/25500

example of comparison
http://i.imgur.com/deXFm.jpg

It's not bannable since it doesn't modify the game in anyway. It simply takes a screenshot for comparison

Hope that helps

Um you are god. This addon is amazin.

larvi

I just found my 2nd Sultan of the Blinding Sand in a week and an Andariel's Visage, neither of which are worth much. The legendaries are dropping for me, just nothing good in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom