• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery

2.67 APS with Enchantress. I had a Witching Hour, but it turns out I get more DPS and EHP with an Inna's Favor (with 2 piece set bonus), so I ditched that. With the Witching Hour I was at 2.85 which was really fun, but I was dying a lot more.

Xamdou

Apparently Diablo III may be on clearance at Toys R Us for $10.

$10

Gonna see if I can grab a copy at that price later today for a friend who didn't get D3, even when I wanted him to so we could play together.

Really? I would buy a lot for that price as Christmas presents!

Can I get a price check on this? Can't log in right now. Thanks.

QoarK.jpg

If those gloves would have had Dex instead of Int, I'd would probably have bought them from you

I got some pretty beastly bracers over the weekend, 5crt, all res, dex, vit, pickup radius AND physical res... tried to sell them for 7 mil no buyout on the weekend and no one bit.

Put them up yesterday morning for 3 mil no buyout and it's already up to 9.9 million.

I don't get it... but I'm not complaining.

Edit: Bracers, not gaunts.

larvi

Do people look for pickup radius on items without gold find? I never really add pu to my AH pricing queries when looking to sell items if the items doesn't have GF as well.

turnbuckle

Do people look for pickup radius on items without gold find? I never really add pu to my AH pricing queries when looking to sell items if the items doesn't have GF as well.

Certainly. With paragon and with gold being so undervalued I do my best to avoid getting gold find gear but pickup is a nice bonus.

If it's the extra that makes your item unique to others you should value it, even a little.

Also, value Armor if it's the extra stat, it's so undervalued and yet so important to super high end people.

Yea eventually you get so into stats you lose that extra pickup and the default is SO bad. I've ran over gold piles two or three times before its grabbed them.

Really looking for an upgrade with pickup radius on it I need it back.

kennah

I had a thorns/pickup radius barbarian for a while. It was a lot of fun. Full screen radius for health and gold and did 26,000 in damage on thorns.

Would just stand still, let them hit me, and automatically heal with any nearby globe as needed.

Would casually stroll through hell for gold.

I had a thorns/pickup radius barbarian for a while. It was a lot of fun. Full screen radius for health and gold and did 26,000 in damage on thorns.

Would just stand still, let them hit me, and automatically heal with any nearby globe as needed.

Would casually stroll through hell for gold.

That sounds fun as hell.

Definity

You could easily find cheap rares nowadays that are actually good for act 1-2. I see this on the AH for 200k so try and look with this parameter and check often for Time left 1d12-11h.

http://i.imgur.com/BuRjP.jpg

Add a flawless star because you'll eventually get one and they'll remain the same price. 2 million

I haven't played a wizard so can't give anymore solid advice.

edit:
I linked this on the other page and highly recommend spending the 5 minutes to set it up. It takes a screenshot of the gear's tooltip and compares it with your current gear.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/10mdp1/d3bitcom_d3upcom_ingame_item_comparisons/

example of my profile
http://d3up.com/b/25500

example of comparison
http://i.imgur.com/deXFm.jpg

It's not bannable since it doesn't modify the game in anyway. It simply takes a screenshot for comparison

Hope that helps

Does this app take into account set item bonuses you may receive when it compares? Think I will load this up later and play around with it.

larvi

If it's the extra that makes your item unique to others you should value it, even a little.

Also, value Armor if it's the extra stat, it's so undervalued and yet so important to super high end people.

Thanks, yeah, I do sometimes for armor but pu seems to be pretty rare so that when I add it to the search I get few results which makes the item hard to price with it and wasn't sure if it was something that people actually include in their searches.

With gold prices down not sure how much active gold farming is going on now. I guess pu is also nice for the health potions for skills like the DH's vengeance.

Yea eventually you get so into stats you lose that extra pickup and the default is SO bad. I've ran over gold piles two or three times before its grabbed them.

Yeah, I have to do that too, would be nice to have some but still not willing to sacrifice something else for it yet.

Well I'm gunna do it on Normal/Nightmare/Hell for awhile I'll finally be gettinga 60 barb since I finally got my gf a laptop to play the game.

It'll help pass the campaign 1-60 time lol.

Rufus

Huh... Might just try that out. It's weird to make this game play this way, but hey, I'll take anything at this point. Comatosegamer.com

M.D

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just lost an auction for a Last Breath with life steal :(
It was so cheap compared to anything else... it was at 1.5M 30 minutes before the auction was closed and no one was bidding anymore at that time

I put up a bid when there were only 2 minutes left, and it reached 2.1M when there was less than a minute. I'm trying to place a bid but get the "no funds left" or whatever, and it took me like 10 seconds to realize I had to get back the gold..... it was too late

Rufus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just lost an auction for a Last Breath with life steal :(
It was so cheap compared to anything else... it was at 1.5M 30 minutes before the auction was closed and no one was bidding anymore at that time

I put up a bid when there were only 2 minutes left, and it reached 2.1M when there was less than a minute. I'm trying to place a bid but get the "no funds left" or whatever, and it took me like 10 seconds to realize I had to get back the gold..... it was too late
And that's why you wait until it says ">1 min" left.

Wolfie5

Lz6UV.jpg

A friend had this drop. As a fire monk, I'm pretty jealous (especially having found two junk Cindercoats recently).

Which act was that dropped?

I just got a crappy butcher's sickle with 600dmg on act 2. Now that I have max MF where i can farm act 1(easily) and act 2(without dying) I have been getting more legendaries. But, all have so far been crappy legendary drops.

Should I be farming on act 3 to get the good stuff? I can farm act 3, but I have to give up my MF gear.

Revoh

lol at monster power lvl 10, it's in such a broken state atm, I'm not having too much problems with my WW barb but some elites affixes are just impossible to kill.
Also elites have so much life it makes the game an annoying POS, not fun at all, I rage quitted in the middle of a elite fight because it would take me like 10 more minutes to kill them, and they were already at half.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Hah. I was on a legendary drought and this dropped

2E88D.jpg

I slammed my fist on the desk when I IDed it. 2 runs later, this drops

YZvgD.jpg

koji

Promised myself not to spend anymore money till 1.05 but I just spend around 5mil out of the 6mil I had. Got a nice dmg increase and some more LOH though, guess it was worth it, still feel a bit bummed out that I spend money though... I've had a lot of fun sorting stuff on duration on the AH while I'm at work :lol

Sniped an amulet with:

+12 max dmg
220INT
95VIT
334 LOH
54% critchance
socket

for 520k

Also picked up a new shield, about 8k dmg increase for 5mil, not too bad I guess. Certainly for where I'm at gearwise atm, gear is too good to be crap but way from uber...

Wolfie5

Well, I got the cindercoat I was wondering about yesterday. I found it on act 1 farming run, but it sucked, as usual.

naiIH.jpg

EDIT:
Quick question. I know that the MF limit is 375, but it says I have 378 MF, when I look at the stats. Will the effect still be 375? And can the limit go up with MF shrines?

Melville

Well, I got the cindercoat I was wondering about yesterday. I found it on act 1 farming run, but it sucked, as usual.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/naiIH.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT:
Quick question. I know that the MF limit is 375, but it says I have 378 MF, when I look at the stats. Will the effect still be 375? And can the limit go up with MF shrines?

You can currently go over the 375 limit with the MF from your follower, but Blizzard said they would fix that with the 1.0.5 patch.

Wolfie5

You can currently go over the 375 limit with the MF from your follower, but Blizzard said they would fix that with the 1.0.5 patch.

Oh, good. Thanks for the info. I was thinking about changing to a little better gear with less MF but I won't now. In fact I should try to increase MF for follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom