• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Actually it makes a lot of sense. The way it is now, it's a system that benefits snipers and bots as normal players don't have the time and patience to flip through 40 pages over and over again. With the possibility to sort through time left it will prompt much more last minute bidding wars and give everyone a fighting chance at sniping those juicy 1d12h mispriced goodies.

Ya, letting it sort means all of us can try to snipe.

The way it is now, only bots can do it.

scy

Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

Hm, not sure how I feel about this. It makes it easier to find both extremes (just put up, about to end) for sniping low buyouts or low bids, respectively, rather than just "knowing" how to find them so I guess that's a general improvement for everyone. Still, it feels weird. Oh well.

I also hope "DPS" includes AvgDmg for Sources. Because logic.

ibvEb6pcC9eYjY.gif
I agree!!!!

Actually it makes a lot of sense. The way it is now, it's a system that benefits snipers and bots as normal players don't have the time and patience to flip through 40 pages over and over again. With the possibility to sort through time left it will prompt much more last minute bidding wars and give everyone a fighting chance at sniping those juicy 1d12h mispriced goodies.

Ehh pity i made a few milions flipping items with low bids :)

Cancel auction anytime ? What ?

You mean that if my super uber item isn't high enough at the last minute I can canel the bid ?

"Attack Speed" is now a searchable affix for quivers

3 month later...

3 MONTH LATER

I welcome this improved Auction House with open arms.

Now I can actually find the majority of the items I want easier. It'll also make selling said items easier and bring more money.

No, I mean, you sell that fancy weapon and only one person did a start bid on it, at your starting price. If a minute before the auction end, it's still one bid only, you can cancel it because you don't want your fancy weapon to go for such a low price ?

You can't cancel if you have any bids.

scy

No, I mean, you sell that fancy weapon and only one person did a start bid on it, at your starting price. If a minute before the auction end, it's still one bid only, you can cancel it because you don't want your fancy weapon to go for such a low price ?

And like I said, you can only cancel it if nobody bid on it. If there's been any bids at all on the item, you cannot cancel it.

ccbfan

I'm really glad we're finally getting these improvements but WTF. After seeing some of they fixes and how they "get it" its seriously like a sprinter running a 20 second 100m and then they next race he runs a 10 second 100m. They were so far off the mark is like they were trying to lose.

This stuff is literally common sense stuff.

The mistakes they made is literally shit you notice before beta.

"Hey lets make legendary weapons have the same boring ass stats and only do half damage of magic/rare weapons you can find at that level. Let also make them hard as hell to find too."

"Hey lets have skills that have 30+ seconds of cooldown but does under 200% damage."

"Hey do you think this one skill where you can spam, leech life and does more damage is too much better than this other skill that bleeds at 200 damage in 5 seconds."

"Hey do you see this auction UI lets add no sorting, only 3 property parameters, no and/or capabilities, no ability to end auctions early, remove property for certain items that have the property, let not have stuff that's a norm in search this millenia."

scy

Can't wait for the epic troll 33-34 damage Oculus.

Edit: Beat!

I almost want to buy the first one I see as some sort of pity to the guy who got it to drop.

I'm really glad we're finally getting these improvements but WTF. After seeing some of they fixes and how they "get it" its seriously like a sprinter running a 20 second 100m and then they next race he runs a 10 second 100m. They were so far off the mark is like they were trying to lose.

The sad part is that, by the numbers, some of the skill changes are still underwhelming even with getting double the damage.

Celegus

Well, the alternative of them never getting it and running one of my favorite franchises straight into the ground is a lot more disheartening. A lot of the problems felt like the game was rushed (irony is indeed ironic) or just a lack of clear direction, too many chefs in the kitchen, etc. What's done is done and I think Blizz can be forgiven.

So what's the deal with the compare tooltips? The post states that they're now available on the recommended items page... but doesn't mention if they're everywhere else too.

It would be really nice to be able to tell if something I was buying was actually an upgrade (without relying on d3up etc).

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So anyways, what's the timeline for 1.04?

I quit the game until they fixed the basics and 1.04 is looking promising for a comeback, specially since they're fixing WD pets.

scy

I don't have a problem with the changes and all that, just humorous how wildly off-the-mark some of these skills were (and some still are, Sentry?). Like, Seven-Sided strike at 777% damage was cute for the 7's and all that flavor but ... no, that's just a bad damage dealing skill. We'll see if it does better at 1777% instead, I guess.

So anyways, what's the timeline for 1.04?

I quit the game until they fixed the basics and 1.04 is looking promising for a comeback, specially since they're fixing WD pets.

It's supposed to go tomorrow, I believe.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don't have a problem with the changes and all that, just humorous how wildly off-the-mark some of these skills were (and some still are, Sentry?). Like, Seven-Sided strike at 777% damage was cute for the 7's and all that flavor but ... no, that's just a bad damage dealing skill. We'll see if it does better at 1777% instead, I guess.

It's supposed to go tomorrow, I believe.

Thanks.

woober

So after getting scammed of 4.5 mil gold (I'm trying not to think about it)... this dropped!

iGgQ0Svj5ev4N.png

Finally a weapon with all useful stats. The problem now is the auction house limits to 3 stat filters. I put it up for 20 mil start bid and 99mil buy out. LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.

Current bid at 21 mil! 14hrs to go.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kin-1146/hero/2493880

This is me currently in my best gear - but I haven't played in over a month. You think if I went on now and browsed the AH I could find upgrades for cheap? I remember an upgrade for a weapon would have cost me at least 4-7mil before, minimum, and it would have been a mild upgrade.

How about now?

edit: Fuck, they're finally making the AH searching -not- balls?! Why would I even want to search now?!

scy

There are 100 Paragon levels

Well, that's more than expected.

Edit: And I guess for those who can't check the article:

Every Paragon level will reward you with:

Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

GF%/MF% capped at 300% (375% with Nephalem Valor) with Paragon Levels/Gear. Also, NV will give +15% EXP/stack to help grind out Paragon levels.

That said:

Stay tuned to Diablo3.com for the final patch notes and official launch announcement in the days ahead.

Maybe ... maybe not tomorrow? :(

ElyrionX

If they are awarding stat points with Paragon levels, wouldn't that fundamentally change a lot of the systems in the game?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If they are awarding stat points with Paragon levels, wouldn't that fundamentally change a lot of the systems in the game?
That's exactly the thing that's making me say "What?". It's sooooo weird.

Zzoram

Wow. Isn't this like exactly what Kripp was talking about in his "How Blizzard should fix end-game D3"-video? GJ Blizz.

Yep, the fact that they listened is a really good sign for the future of this game.

They essentially made the level cap 160 but levels 61 to 160 give you MF bonus on top of stats. That's a huge change for a patch and not an expansion.

Kripp's idea was actually that only Inferno champion and boss kills would count towards the next level system, but this system will do.

V_Arnold

Wow. Isn't this like exactly what Kripp was talking about in his "How Blizzard should fix end-game D3"-video? GJ Blizz.

Well, Kripp had insane additions to that like nerfing all items tenfold, so....other than that, yep.

Also:

Official launch announcement in the days ahead -so next week? Fuck... :(

Dahbomb

That's exactly what I thought when I read that.

Now if only they copied Athene's hardcore PvP spectator idea.

I am really liking this Paragon system, I hope its tested out well.

Well, Kripp had insane additions to that like nerfing all items tenfold, so....other than that, yep.
That's for PvP though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's the same alternate advancement system nearly everyone talked about, not just Kripp. :/
Everyone talked about it because Kripp talked about it. Just like Res to all got overpriced when Kripp said it was the best stat. And just like gems got patched when Kripp talked about making money of it. And just like [...]

ElyrionX

I think MF and GF is great but actual base stats increase? I'm not sure I agree with that. This has turned from being a pure grinding bonus to a core change to the game's leveling system.

Yoshichan

Stats will stack up, and anything is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom