• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monks got buff for skills that we don't use and we still won't use

Now monks will got their two main mandatory passive nerf HARD (harder than all the barb nerf) for no good reason, just because

They've said the reason they're doing that is to try to get you to use those unused skills like it or not..

You can also keep one hand on the Enter button and just click then enter to quickly salvage stuff.

Yes I got that going I just honestly never knew lol, it looks like a drag and drop thingy so I just always did it that way. Like I was literally throwing my items into the forge or something I dunno! Hah

Normally if I'm with people I wont collect blues cause I want to run with them grab rares and hope for special drops, but I was just passing some time before I had to leave for work.

I got a new build and added some defensive crap like Gloom, maybe itll help, still think DH is underpowered when I watch Barbs WW around ML 10' uber bosses all day and think to myself, what the hell is my battle going to look like against them.

They've said the reason they're doing that is to try to get you to use those unused skills like it or not..

Force us to use what other skills / passives? They all BLOW. We want to use other skills. We can't / don't because they all suck.

As if anyone is going to drop the two nerfed skills when increasing MP just ensures they become needed again anyway.

The added nerf to dodging reflect damage is a joke too.

Dahbomb

Main problem for Monks is that as far resource spenders go nothing really beats spamming Overawe MoC over and over again. You spam that while keeping two other passives like BoH or Cyclone up in a fight. You only have 1 slot for an aggressive ability like SSS, WoL or Blinding Faith. People have started using Tempest Rush to get around quicker but as an actual offensive skill it's ass.

It's basically the same cookie cutter build because it's the best there is.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Will the standard WW build be the standard barb build in 1.05 as well or is there another one since Run with the Wind was nerfed? I was thinking of getting my barb to 60 while waiting till the patch releases.

If you can’t beat em join em right?

Ricker

I knew this would happen but I gave it a shot anyway...I had tons of fun with my Witch Doctor,currently level 43 on Hell but the journey ends at Belial,such an awful fight...

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Will the standard WW build be the standard barb build in 1.05 as well or is there another one since Run with the Wind was nerfed? I was thinking of getting my barb to 60 while waiting till the patch releases.

If you can’t beat em join em right?
What are they nerfing with run like the wind?

linsivvi

So you just ignored the last page of discussion? Barbs has way better offensive buffs, defensive buffs AND speed buffs and you are saying we should just deal with it?

larvi

I've had to change my DH build pretty much every patch so far as they always seem to nerf what I've been using, 1.05 will be no different. So far I've been able to adapt will see if this holds true with new patch.
I had been holding off on any major AH purchases until I've had a chance to run with the new patch but saw a new bow and ring that I couldn't pass up yesterday that upped my DPS by over 30K (with sharpshooter bonus).

Cipherr

So you just ignored the last page of discussion? Barbs has way better offensive buffs, defensive buffs AND speed buffs and you are saying we should just deal with it?

He isn't saying that at all. He was responding only the the part of the post addressing Blizzard 'buffing stuff we dont use'. The reason Blizzard is doing that is BECAUSE those skills are crap.

And they should continue buffing those shitty skills until they become worth thinking about. You may disagree with their handling of a class (I know I do), but they have the right approach when it comes to un-usued skills. They should definitely continue making the ignored skills better and better until they are worth using.

Sold my Calamity for 45 mil after taxes, randomly checked AH for a 2H upgrade for me, find a Skorn just listed[1d 11h] for 45 mil. (Coincidence?) Similar Skorn are listed for ~150mil.

I buy Skorn as a upgrade for myself but in the meantime I'll try to flip it for 125mil.

(My old weapon appears to be worth ~54 mil, so after Blizzard tax I'll end up making money on my 'upgrade')

I love me some luck, even if it's on the AH!

linsivvi

He isn't saying that at all. He was responding only the the part of the post addressing Blizzard 'buffing stuff we dont use'. The reason Blizzard is doing that is BECAUSE those skills are crap.

And they should continue buffing those shitty skills until they become worth thinking about. You may disagree with their handling of a class (I know I do), but they have the right approach when it comes to un-usued skills. They should definitely continue making the ignored skills better and better until they are worth using.

Yeah you're right.

On the topic of buffing shitty skills, they seem to have been doing the right thing on DH, though I can't say for sure since I haven't played DH for a long time. They've largely ignored Monks and WD and the buffs so far just aren't getting the job done. The Wizard and Barb nerfs are silly. Instead of making all classes mediocre, they should make all classes awesome as long as the players have invested in proper gears.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Feels more like a nerf to other builds that use run like the wind than a nerf to whirlwind. They cut the fury cost of WW by a good amount to help offset the fury lost with the lowered proc on run like the wind, but as far as I can tell nothing else has received a similar treatment. One thing I did as soon as I heard about the changes was look for belts on the AH that had lifesteal, max fury, and a 5 fury cost reduction to rend. I'll probably have to equip one of the belts like that that I purchased after the patch, but my DPS, vitality, and resistance are going to suffer.

Wow...looking at the nerf list that was my instant conclusion as well. This didn't hurt WW as much as every other non-gimmick build. Do they want all barbs to be WW? I really don't like the build but if I have to I will move to it. Don't get me wrong...it does hurt WW but it just hurts other options more.

Looked up some of the Wizard changes and damn. They really, really don't like Critical Mass. So, in turn they're fucking up the proc rate of everything.

Good luck getting LoH with a Wizard now. Despite many abilities being in melee range, playing a non-Critical Mass/Frost Nova melee Wizard is impossible. They're balancing the class on people with 45% crit chance + 400% crit damage and high aps. The difference between a low level wizard and a high one is absurd. Crit Mass CC build was like the stopgap in between

It seems like Blizzard wants people to kite like bitches behind their 'iconic' Hydra

lol

Celegus

tumblr_ltag3xzDjU1qfze31.gif

Jack. Pot.

larvi

CLotD (crappy legendary of the day):
em.png

If it rolled with a socket it might have been worth something. I hate it when I finally get a ilvl 63 legendary and it's pretty much worthless.

Rufus

The DH is kind of fucked. Every class has problems to some extent, but DHs seem worst. Hitting things isn't all that involved in this game. Considering how many people don't like reflect damage, there's doesn't seem to be much demand for more complexity, either.

I mean, look at these DH skills:
Hungering Arrow
Entangling Shot
Rapid Fire
Bola Shot
Chakram
Evasive Fire
Grenades
Fan of Knives
Strafe
Elemental Arrow
Multishot
Cluster Arrow
Rain of Vengeance

Here are the meaningful interactions that a player would care about, as far as dealing damage is concerned. What I would call an 'interaction bottleneck':
Damage/DOT one enemy
Damage/DOT a group of enemies

Feels weird to say considering it's a ranged class, but they have too many (useless) varieties of "shoot things", and that's not even counting the runes. When they're done buffing the sentries, pets and maybe traps to the point where all see widespread use, most of the above skills will still be useless. If you want to maximize single target damage there will always be one clear choice, etc.

Cipherr

The DH is kind of fucked. Every class has problems to some extent, but DHs seem worst. Hitting things isn't all that involved in this game. Considering how many people don't like reflect damage, there's doesn't seem to be much demand for more complexity, either.

I mean, look at these DH skills:
Hungering Arrow
Entangling Shot
Rapid Fire
Bola Shot
Chakram
Evasive Fire
Grenades
Fan of Knives
Strafe
Elemental Arrow
Multishot
Cluster Arrow
Rain of Vengeance

Here are the meaningful interactions that a player would care about, as far as dealing damage is concerned. What I would call an 'interaction bottleneck':
Damage/DOT one enemy
Damage/DOT a group of enemies

Feels weird to say considering it's a ranged class, but they have too many (useless) varieties of "shoot things", and that's not even counting the runes. When they're done buffing the sentries, pets and maybe traps to the point where all see widespread use, most of the above skills will still be useless. If you want to maximize single target damage there will always be one clear choice, etc.

I hear ya, my main is a DH and the frustration is just.... ugh... I'm trying to stay optimistic about 1.05 and the few new defensive options they added. But I still feel like the class needs alot of work. And I can tell DH's aren't alone from all the other folks in the thread. Seems like Barb resentment is gonna start boiling up pretty soon unless Blizzard gets to the next few massive class patches quickly.

Rufus

I'm pretty happy with the Barb as he is now. Tanky, but also good DPS, can burst if needed, reasonable mobility, recently got a good DOT... The changes don't seem bad either. In some way the game feels like it's made for Barbarians. The game doesn't demand (or promote) finesse and Barbs don't need it. Perfect fit.

Any changes that I would want are expansion material and more about loot, customization and skills in general. Though considering that they need to worry about people's investments more than ever, I'm not holding my breath for it, either.

What people are resentful about is how well rounded barbs are. Best offensive and defensive passives, can tank/dps better than anyone, good abilities. The only thing I don't like about them is their boring primary skills

It's the only class that I think Blizzard can put on the shelf and say, "Now that we're done with that..."

The rest need some work, badly

Cipherr

What people are resentful about is how well rounded barbs are. Best offensive and defensive passives, can tank/dps better than anyone, good abilities. The only thing I don't like about them is their boring primary skills

It's the only class that I think Blizzard can put on the shelf and say, "Now that we're done with that..."

The rest need some work, badly

I'm thinking that perhaps I worded that wrong. What I meant by that sentence was that some of us that play other classes are going to start to really sneer at the Barbarian class for how well rounded, and how well off it is, and has been since release. The rest of us are on this roller coaster of up and downs, but the Barbarian class has really been solid all the way through.

I'm thinking that perhaps I worded that wrong. What I meant by that sentence was that some of us that play other classes are going to start to really sneer at the Barbarian class for how well rounded, and how well off it is, and has been since release. The rest of us are on this roller coaster of up and downs, but the Barbarian class has really been solid all the way through.

I misunderstood that that was pretty much what you said, and I agree

Not one patch has completely fucked barbs in the same ways as other classes have

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh wait...it gets better. Look at what Vaeflare says about the Wizards:

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794639558?page=2

So essentially, he's saying, "Yeah..we nerfed the wizards (yet again)...we know he sucks....deal with it till we patch the wizard in a future patch...at an unknown time frame."

"Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance." <-- this quote coming from them is just pure comedy gold.

I'm not incredibly optimistic about wizards in 1.0.5, but meteor was OP as fuck before they nerfed it.

Celegus

Found with your DH with 1? level of paragon and 0 stacks. I think you were dead at the time too! That RNG!

Paragon level 2, thank you very much! And yes, extremely dead. Gotta work on that. I was about to quit and come back as my barb when I saw that magical green glow.

From paragon 3 to 13 on my barb (usually with 200%+ MF), I found a grand total of one cindercoat. Hop on my DH for less than a minute and boom.

koji

Paragon level 2, thank you very much! And yes, extremely dead. Gotta work on that. I was about to quit and come back as my barb when I saw that magical green glow.

From paragon 3 to 13 on my barb (usually with 200%+ MF), I found a grand total of one cindercoat. Hop on my DH for less than a minute and boom.

This game is just one big troll.

Celegus

This game is just one big troll.

Nailed it.

IK Chest is for sale (can get a lot more mileage out of the gold and outfit multiple characters, even though it is crazy good for my barb) if anyone on GAF is interested just send a pm. I wish the set bonus was better and I'd collect them all, but extra fury stuff is so meh.

It just doesnt make any sense.

I mean even if the numbers were fixed that the min roll reflected something of a legenadary lvl 61 and NOT a lvl 40 ring, it would still be trash garbage just based on what affixes its given...No one REALLY wants any of those stats on rings..,

Its like they didnt even think what stats people would need and just made random rings with completely random attributes.

Celegus

It was more rewarding to create more characters of the same class, since the stat/skill points you used were permanent so each one was actually specialized a certain way. Getting a good drop or two would make me want to start a new character just to utilize them. A lot of people also got really into pvp, though I never touched it in my years and years of d2.

There was also just a LOT more legendaries / runewords / sets that were extremely good, instead of d3 where there's basically just 1 ilvl 63 unique for each equipment slot.

I never played D2 so pardon my ignorance, but if the drops were all awesome how did that game last ten years?

More people probably stop playing loot games because of not getting any good loot than getting too much best in game loot.

Never played D2 though. Didnt people just cheat and hack all their stuff?

Celegus

More people probably stop playing loot games because of not getting any good loot than getting too much best in game loot.

Never played D2 though. Didnt people just cheat and hack all their stuff?

I don't think there was a lot of hacking on battle.net in d2, but there sure was in d1 which was just ridiculous to play online. I mostly played LAN with my sister or friends so I can't say for sure though. There was a problem with botting and the maphack that fills in the maps for you, but I don't recall a lot of duping or hacked items.

Still both great games. My wife's been enjoying d3 so much that she wanted to go back and play the others, so we already started Diablo 1 together.

Dahbomb

It's not like every loot was good loot in D2. You still had to do a lot of runs to get something good. You didn't have the AH to compare so for most people they thought they were getting good shit. The hardcore players kept playing because of the Ladder system. Plus you didn't just farm for loot, you also tried to do Rune runs.

New Blue Post regarding Monk:

Vaeflare
Vaeflare View posts
Vaeflare Community Manager

While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in my previous post, but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns. #629
14 hours ago

yep, he backtracked hard after reading his first fail of a post, he finally admitted the Monk is the first class in line to work on, he couldn't over look the hard evidence anymore.

Seems like they're trying to calm the masses. Mostly I just got "wait a little more please. We understand Monk will be released at a disadvantage in 1.0.5. We're working on it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom