• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like they're trying to calm the masses. Mostly I just got "wait a little more please. We understand Monk will be released at a disadvantage in 1.0.5. We're working on it"

yeah, it was a "well I guess we have to start working in this class" rather than a "We have so many fixes for this class ready to be deployed"

Rufus

That's more than what I've sold any single piece for and two thirds of my liquid assets right now, so turn that frown upside down.

That's more than what I've sold any single piece for and two thirds of my liquid assets right now, so turn that frown upside down.

Haha yeah, I'm hurting for cash so it's great. It's easy to lose focus when you know that the item you got could be the jackpot!

Celegus

Feels weird to think I might actually have gold for once if I can sell that IK armor. The most I've ever had at once is 4 million, and the most I ever spent on something was 2 million. Just the idea of having 100+ million is bananas.

Refresh my memory, how they fucked up Monk in 1.0.5?

Monk was already fucked up to begin with, and they nerfed multiple passives. We can't kill stuff fast enough in higher MP levels and our survivability blows balls because of the nerf :O is what I gathered from the b.net forums.

I kinda agree :/ monks and WDs are the least powerful classes right now. At least WD can easily get to 100k+ DPS.

They nerfed STI and the 25% damage reduction passive, and didn't boost any other skills. They wanted to create more build diversity and make these skills not 100% needed, but what happened was now people are just using the same skills in the PTR and taking more damage in MP levels.

Big bummer. I'm a monk from day 1 but every once in a while I consider just switching my class :p it's too fun to play though.

Mystery

tumblr_ltag3xzDjU1qfze31.gif

Jack. Pot.

Congrats. I've found 2 in the last 2 weeks. First one sold for 108m, the second one sold for 135m.

I've found 3 green items in the last 3 days. Has there been a stealth adjustment made to set item drops or something? I got a Nat's Sight today, a Nat's Slayer yesterday, and an IK chest the day before.

Came back to the game after not playing since launch week.

Is the General chat thing new? Is that a chat with ALL players logged in, or just some sub-section of them?

Nothing else seems different, except now I'm rocking an awesome GPU and can play in native resolution :)

time to finally finish Act III and IV...

still no option to silence my companion :(

M.D

When did you guys move to a new class? I've played about 150 hours (maybe a little less) with my WD. I'm not finding anything good so I'm at a point where I could probably upgrade my gear by a bit (Got 4.7M), but nothing that will be a huge improvement.

I'm getting bored at times, but I switch builds to keep things fresh (although the latest build I'm using has been pretty great), so I don't mind keep playing this character, but I really wish I started out as a DH.

The problem is, I know I can't afford anything good (unless some awesome set item that is worth hundreds of millions drops the next time I play... please blizzard), so when I get my character to 60 I'll be pretty much at the same point I'm at right now with my WD

Mystery

When did you guys move to a new class? I've played about 150 hours (maybe a little less) with my WD. I'm not finding anything good so I'm at a point where I could probably upgrade my gear by a bit (Got 4.7M), but nothing that will be a huge improvement.

I'm getting bored at times, but I switch builds to keep things fresh (although the latest build I'm using has been pretty great), so I don't mind keep playing this character, but I really wish I started out as a DH.

The problem is, I know I can't afford anything good (unless some awesome set item that is worth hundreds of millions drops the next time I play... please blizzard), so when I get my character to 60 I'll be pretty much at the same point I'm at right now with my WD

I put 250 hours into my WD and rolled a DH before 1.0.4. I got tired of only using bears or bats, and had a blast with my DH. DH takes a significantly larger amount of APM, I've found, because you don't get that natural AR from your primary stat.

Celegus

You at least have a better understanding of how the game works, what you need to look for, and what a decent price is if you've been playing for that long. Outfitting an alt in gear that can handle act 3 is really not that expensive, and then you can work on tinkering with it once you have a decent enough starting set. It's worked for me, anyway. My monk does pretty okay in act 3 and I only spent around a million on him.

larvi

Got a legendary drop on the same enc that I hit plvl 36. Unfortunately it was another lidless wall. MF is up to 380 now with my mf gear, enchantress and a max valor stack.

koryuken

No one may care, but I uninstalled Diablo 3. Just wanted to say that. I gave it a chance after the patch, and I did not find it any more interesting/fun/etc.

Definity

Three legendary drops in one day for me. That's a record. Vile ward, cindercoat and a hell rack. Brimstone for the hell rack and the other two already sold.

Looking forward to 1.05. C'mon already.

IlludiumQ36

No one may care, but I uninstalled Diablo 3. Just wanted to say that. I gave it a chance after the patch, and I did not find it any more interesting/fun/etc.

That's cool, man. I certainly understand the frustration with the loot system. Maybe things will be better in 1.05 and beyond and you'll find something to draw you back. If not, well there's plenty of good fun to be found out there.

Definity

Yay, finally a legendary drop. Come on, it was hard work, let it be something good.

Edit 2:
For all the criticism, at least they nailed the (feeling of) combat. Even though it's disappointing to only find crap, at least it's still fun blowing enemies up

Exactly still the reason I play this almost every day. The combat is just really FUN.

Vodh

Exactly still the reason I play this almost every day. The combat is just really FUN.

What he said. It had me hooked since the beta and amazingly after a few hundred hours of playing it's still a blast! I've leveled every class to 60 and beat at least act 1 inferno with all of them and to be honest Witch Doctor was the only one that felt disappointing. Until 1.0.4 that is, now he's pretty damn awesome too.

The loot is getting improved and they're working on making every class fun, and so far with the loot they are doing pretty damn good - it still needs some (a lot of) work, but they've been spot on with almost every change and they're improving on what they've messed up (resplendent chests anyone?).

With the classes, well, they're working on it. Barb is great and I hope they'll get there with the others too. I feel for the monks, but I'm sure their time will come.

What he said. It had me hooked since the beta and amazingly after a few hundred hours of playing it's still a blast! I've leveled every class to 60 and beat at least act 1 inferno with all of them and to be honest Witch Doctor was the only one that felt disappointing. Until 1.0.4 that is, now he's pretty damn awesome too.

The loot is getting improved and they're working on making every class fun, and so far with the loot they are doing pretty damn good - it still needs some (a lot of) work, but they've been spot on with almost every change and they're improving on what they've messed up (resplendent chests anyone?).

With the classes, well, they're working on it. Barb is great and I hope they'll get there with the others too. I feel for the monks, but I'm sure their time will come.

That's what keeps me sucked in too. I haven't had a drop worth more than 100k in about 2 weeks even though I play AT LEAST a couple hours every two days.

BUT.... now that I got about 50k dps with my monk and know how to setup sweeping wind, the game is just too damn fun and fast paced. Even if I get PISSED when I see people saying they dropped legendaries in 1 day, all worth a lot, at least I'm still doing some progress with paragon levels and the game is much fun.

Refresh my memory, how they fucked up Monk in 1.0.5?

Monk passives suck and they nerfed the one that everyone uses (STI) and OWE is also in contention for a nerf. They also nerfed Resolve and Enchantress armor thereby heavily reducing their defense with nothing given in return

They don't do so well at higher MP because of this

Don't forget that damage from reflect damage no longer is affected by dodge. That's also a big hit to Monks.

Is that already implemented in 1.04? I've been gobbled up by reflect damage lately. I know my damage output has increased a lot in the last 2 or 3 weeks, but I was wondering if that change has been implemented already.

Found a STR Andariel's Visage today. I checked the prices on the AH. Wonderful, sounds like another brimstone.

Just bough a dex andi's visage for 1m, 13% extra fire damage taken. I saw one with 7% but it was already bought :( wish I could have gotten that one.
It's crazy how undervalued this gear is. I noticed more damage taken by molten, fireballs and etc, but I got 5k DPS from it and my healing has been better since I hit more often now.

Does anybody know if the fire damage taken is net damage or does it just lower my fire resist?

Also, when buying this, I really wish I had gone with poison resist :( this headgear would have been nothing but fantastic if I could have gotten another 46 resist from the poison resist...

Another question - does life steal work with sweeping wind? What's the rate? I've looked up on google and couldn't find too much on it.

And I just got 56k DPS with a nice shield which gives me a lot of survivability :) screw dual wielding, i love my 8.5% critical shield, my next upgrade will get me to 60k dps! I'm pumped about that.

TheExodu5

Banned
I love my wd at the moment. I mix several spells/builds depending on if playing solo or in a group. Inferno isn't bad soloing either. If I die I usually know what caused it and what I could have done to prevent it.

Do you have a viable Spirit Barrage build?

I really haven't played in a while, and my character isn't up to snuff. I have 1 million gold to spend. What would be the best way of going about it:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/exodus-1210/hero/181507

Talaysen

Another question - does life steal work with sweeping wind? What's the rate? I've looked up on google and couldn't find too much on it.

I thought life steal worked with everything except for the things that are bugged to not work with it. But I haven't actually tried it or anything.

Sigmaah

Just bough a dex andi's visage for 1m, 13% extra fire damage taken. I saw one with 7% but it was already bought :( wish I could have gotten that one.
It's crazy how undervalued this gear is. I noticed more damage taken by molten, fireballs and etc, but I got 5k DPS from it and my healing has been better since I hit more often now.

Does anybody know if the fire damage taken is net damage or does it just lower my fire resist?

Also, when buying this, I really wish I had gone with poison resist :( this headgear would have been nothing but fantastic if I could have gotten another 46 resist from the poison resist...

And I just got 56k DPS with a nice shield which gives me a lot of survivability :) screw dual wielding, i love my 8.5% critical shield, my next upgrade will get me to 60k dps! I'm pumped about that.

I sniped a dex Andy's with 8% fire damage for 1.3 mil. I thought it was a good deal

I've been using this lately playing solo and it's worked out well. Occaisionally I'll add spirit walk but I try to avoid it unless i'm dying alot. At one point I used both bears and spirit barrage and would alternate spamming them.

Ultimatly i prefer just using gargantuan but currently when i solo i'm using dogs as well. When using dogs I use leaching beasts but I would prefer having the damage fetish army can deal.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cell-1973/hero/12553370

Sorry I posted earlier but I didn't answer this. I would start looking for a chest piece with 3 sockets and some pants with 2 sockets. You should be able to find some rare items for good prices. Just put topaz gems in the chest and pants and it should increase your damage a lot. I usually search items for int, vitality and all resist and go from there.

If I was on I would look for some extra items I have in my stash. Add me and I'll see what I have next time I'm on.

V_Arnold

Okay, going Zombie Dogs + Gargantuan + Zombie Handler has made WD 100 times more playable.

Yeah, when we talked about that "you cant kite" stuff, I realized that you might run petless. Which is pointless, as they can tank Act3/4 with the proper gear and passives, and still let you do great damage as well. You can still kite with that build, only that now not all mobs will target you :D

Okay, going Zombie Dogs + Gargantuan + Zombie Handler has made WD 100 times more playable.

Once your able to go without dogs I substitute out zombie handler for another passive. Exploding dogs can be fun to play with as well. They do a lot of damage when exploding and you can time it to immediately recast a set of new dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom