• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie5

Once your able to go without dogs I substitute out zombie handler for another passive. Exploding dogs can be fun to play with as well. They do a lot of damage when exploding and you can time it to immediately recast a set of new dogs.

Exploding dogs is much fun. I have played a lot with builds around exploding dogs after patch 1.04. Very useful.

Wolfie5

Do you have a viable Spirit Barrage build?

I really haven't played in a while, and my character isn't up to snuff. I have 1 million gold to spend. What would be the best way of going about it:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/exodus-1210/hero/181507

I have to ask. Is there a reason you went with atack speed instead of crit? Is it because you wanted kite?

I went with a crit build and I am doing ton of damage. Don't like kiting, But I do keep my distance when I need to and the dogs help a lot. I used to play a lot with gargantuan as well, but replaced that slot with blowing up dogs. Much more fun :)

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So backtracking through a level I found a legendary on the floor. I have a feeling I do this a LOT because I watch the map when playing and try to move as quick as possible (archon mode).

Anyways, nice Skorn woober!

I'm tempted to sell mine but mine doesn't have your crazy lifesteal.

Any idea if I could fetch 75-100m?

skorn.jpg

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Wow...I found this a few days ago and didn't realize the price for it was over 250+ million. I already have 2 piece inna's helm/pants and the 3 and 4 piece set bonuses are meh. Hopefully I could buy 2 piece Nats now for my monk

IFaaM.jpg

I found another legendary plan. This time it's the helm of command. 26 million ... Not bad.

Should I sell it or spend 20 million gambling

Edit: I'm selling ... I want my Innas pants

Xamdou

Wow...I found this a few days ago and didn't realize the price for it was over 250+ million. I already have 2 piece inna's helm/pants and the 3 and 4 piece set bonuses are meh. Hopefully I could buy 2 piece Nats now for my monk

IFaaM.jpg

Nice find! Since it's a high all resist inna, demon hunters will gobble that up that's why the price is so high. It's really too bad that the specific resist for monks have such shitty resistance.

Is the +.21 attacks per second already included in the ASpeed of the echoing fury?

Like it says 1.44APS

Is it really 1.65 APS?

I know they already include IAS so I was just wondering about that other stat.

TheExodu5

Banned
I have to ask. Is there a reason you went with atack speed instead of crit? Is it because you wanted kite?

I went with a crit build and I am doing ton of damage. Don't like kiting, But I do keep my distance when I need to and the dogs help a lot. I used to play a lot with gargantuan as well, but replaced that slot with blowing up dogs. Much more fun :)

A lot of my gear is prior to the attack speed nerf, and yeah, the original intention was to kite. Even with a ton of attack speed, movement speed, grasp, and haunt, a ton of enemies still can't be kited. Kind of ruins it.

With that build you should switch to a 2Her. Spirit Barrage will be a lot more mana efficient and the DoTs will do a ton more damage.

Hmmm I hadn't considered that.

IFaaM.jpg

Holy crap. With an armor like that, I'd ditch Inna's helm and just keep pants and armor.

Definity

3 legendary drops yesterday and two today in 30 mins?

iIk7seqag4J92.png

ib2mXotwZHntwX.png

Both should sale but I think the bracers will pull in some good gold because the str/res all roll.

Hesemonni

Banned
I was doing my "last run until 1.0.5" and a dex andariel's visage dropped. The game feels when it's about to be dumped.

I got a level 61 item with almost 1K dps, crit damage, and a socket, and maybe 1 more thing, can't remember. Sold it for plenty of $. I think that's the best level 61 item I got.

I've still barely been playing this game though. Did they say when the patch is coming out yet?

None of my toons can farm a3 since I can't get gold to actually get good gear.. I have every class at 60 just incase I get something OP rofl.. but my armory for my toons is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liferebooted-1675/

stop gearing all of them and focus on one and spend only for him

Edit : get your wiz, buy a new source : look for 200-300 dmg range, and same int and crit; you will get A LOT of dps (your is already good)

stop gearing all of them and focus on one and spend only for him

Edit : get your wiz, buy a new source : look for 200-300 dmg range, and same int and crit; you will get A LOT of dps (your is already good)

I haven't actually been spending gold to gear any of them, just the wiz. I love archon but ya lol gear

ibiCf47Oe92FOG.png

I knew I shouldn't have put a buyout! I understimated the wealthiness of people playing this game...

Although now I have so much gold I don't know what to do with it.

give it to me as a reward to the things I going to tell you to buy (after you post your character)

M.D

I put 250 hours into my WD and rolled a DH before 1.0.4. I got tired of only using bears or bats, and had a blast with my DH. DH takes a significantly larger amount of APM, I've found, because you don't get that natural AR from your primary stat.

250 Hours? Damn...
I'm currently using bears as my second primary attack and going into a huge pack of spiders in the Crater and watching everything fly all over the place never gets old =P

You at least have a better understanding of how the game works, what you need to look for, and what a decent price is if you've been playing for that long. Outfitting an alt in gear that can handle act 3 is really not that expensive, and then you can work on tinkering with it once you have a decent enough starting set. It's worked for me, anyway. My monk does pretty okay in act 3 and I only spent around a million on him.

You're right, got nothing else to say lol

Similar situation here. I've put in roughly as much time in my WD (Edit: About 170 hours) and while I occasionally find something that's an upgrade to my shitty gear, I'm not finding anything I could sell. I've never seen a set item (outside some shitty plans back when Inferno was still deadly) and I haven't seen any legendaries in the past few days, not that I've ever found a good one there either.

All the gold I have comes from the vendor and picking it up. Whenever I buy something new I find out that I can't get nearly as much as what I originally paid for it. I feel as if the lucky and/or rich get richer, whereas I'm stuck at the bottom.

Same here. It's almost like a F2P game: Grind for all eternity, hoping that you find something good, or spend real money to upgrade your gear. Then again I'm not really sick of my WD, it's just that the entire (financial/loot) situation is extremely demotivating. I still like playing my WD though, it's pretty satisfying, although I'll probably test a few more niche builds in the future.

Are you playing on EU? Put a link to your profile, maybe I'll have some gear that could help you (If it's as awful as you make it sound :p)

I finally managed to grab a Last Breath with life steal for 3.2M (Lost a better one at a bidding for 2.1M for a stupid reason) and what do I see? A new one on the AH, about the same as mine, for 2M buyout.... FML :p

Anyway, I'm having fun! Act 3 is now easier than ever! I only die if it's some super crazy elite pack

I mange to get 45K damage (I took a 5K+ DPS hit with this weapon, but it doesn't really matter now does it?)

gruesome feast + soul harvest bring my DPS as high as 70 or 80K with 190MF
I can even manage Act 3 with 23K base DPS using my MF gear that gets me 320+ MF

Edit: found a plan exalted grand massacre axe
Probably worth more than that crappy cindercoat I found earlier lol

Talaysen

Found a Skycutter just a bit ago. I guess the game doesn't want to drop any more good legendaries for me.

Also got my Witch Doctor up to 58. Almost done!

kennah

Someone should do an auction house search for similar stats to the original 250 million weapon and see what it would be worth now.

M.D

Is there a (legal) way to quickly switch between a set of items in a press of a key or something similar?

Cipherr

ibiCf47Oe92FOG.png

I knew I shouldn't have put a buyout! I understimated the wealthiness of people playing this game...

Jesus Christ......... The bolded sounds like one of those good problems :D

Ok My archon wiz is 80dps buffed outside of archon i rape a1 but die too quickly in a3 even though i still rape them... Is pony level worth doing for now after my a1 run is done or should i just restart a new a1 run?

Dahbomb

You'd have to try really hard to sell something like that now for even 500k, at least on EU.
Same on the NA market, probably a bit more as a lot of people still go crazy over a high DPS number but not even close to what it sold for. Granted weapons like those were extremely hard to come by but something like that selling for 50 million back in the day wouldn't be uncommon. Right now the gem is worth more than the weapon itself.

Looking through the older OTs all these people who quit the game still got better stuff than I did and they did it with shittier loot tables. LOL!

Vodh

ibiCf47Oe92FOG.png

Sell like 150m for $$ and treat yourself to something. I think that would feel pretty good, and you'll still have almost as hard a time spending that 300m XD

Wolfie5

I just re-read about the 1.05 update again and some threads about PTR. Didn't fully understand the change it will have on pretty much everything when it comes to farming and AH. I mean with MP lvl on you will need to pick up all yellow items now as they roll lvl 63 affixes(in current patch I only pick up lvl 61-63 items).

Than there is double chance of legendary drops and lvl 63 rolls for rings and amulets.

Also:
"At MP1 or higher, anything that used to drop only in Act III or Act IV of Inferno can now drop in any Inferno act (so Acts I - IV)."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83

I don't know how big the effect will be on AH, but it feels like a lot of items will drop in price.

What I actually hope this patch will bring, is that I can farm my own upgrades without the need of AH.

Dahbomb

Yeah you are going to be picking up a lot more rares now as not only are rares based on monster levels but there are no rares below ilvl58 in Inferno. That means more trips to towns/vendors. Fortunately they decreased the id time.

ibiCf47Oe92FOG.png

Knew that would happen. Someone would just say,"fuck it" and buy it out

Congrats on the riches

And God damn at that Inna chest on the last page

Vodh

What I actually hope this patch will bring, is that I can farm my own upgrades without the need of AH.

For that to happen you'd have to stop using AH alltogether. You're just simply bound to find more stuff others might find useful, and once you sell that stuff you'll have money for gear that would suit you, it's not the fault of the game, it's the nature of an easily accessible, open market.

Even if you assume there's just 3 different kinds of good stuff, Dex upgrades, Str upgrades and Int upgrades, for every piece that would be an 'upgrade' for you you'd find 2 'upgrades' for someone else. Sell those and you're able to buy an even better 'upgrade' for yourself, so when the piece that would have been an upgrade for you drops, you'll already have an equal or better thing from the AH 66% of the time.

The only thing this patch will change about finding upgrades for yourself is that if you'd go for a 'no AH' playthrough you'd find the upgrades more easily. But as long as you keep using the AH, most of the gear you'll wear will come from the AH.

Dahbomb

The only thing this patch will change about finding upgrades for yourself is that if you'd go for a 'no AH' playthrough you'd find the upgrades more easily. But as long as you keep using the AH, most of the gear you'll wear will come from the AH.
This is what I keep telling people who say they don't get upgrades in D3 Inferno. The first thing I ask them is "so did you use the AH to get any of your stuff?" and the answer is almost always yes.

Now bear in mind that I took my Monk from scratch to all the way to Inferno Act 3 without buying her anything from the AH. My shoulder piece, head piece, belt, 2 rings, amulet, pants and chest piece that I have now are all iron price paid plus most of the gems were crafted myself. After a while the upgrades become very scarce and I caved in, bought myself 2 1Hs, boots, bracers and better gems from the AH to start farming act 3 efficiently in preparation for 1.05. My DH is still all items that are iron price but she sucks so whatever. Anyone who played with me prior to 1.04 patch knows that I was using a 900 DPS 2h weapon with the Monk because that was the best thing I found myself...

Not defending the loot system or anything but things have improved greatly in terms of not "needing" the AH to progress in D3. The AH however gets you to farm ready status much quicker so I mean... if you aren't using the AH then you either have a set goal in mind that you want to achieve or quite frankly you are wasting time with the game.

Vodh

The Greyjoy philosophy makes me wanna sell all my DH stuff and start from scratch with Iron Price Only gear.

Oh, btw, could anyone who played PTR tell me how's the difficulty of MP1 act 1 compared to MP0 act 3?

Talaysen

Got my witch doctor to level 60! That's the last one. Still need to go beat Diablo though.

I'm going to try and run with some pet build, not sure on specifics though. Will I need mana regeneration, and if so, can I just get that on helm or helm+mojo? And should I run with a 2H weapon?

Also, even after levelling five characters to level 60, I have never gotten a legendary before level 60. They really need to increase the drop rate on those. Why even have pre-60 legendaries if no one is ever going to see them?

Got my witch doctor to level 60! That's the last one. Still need to go beat Diablo though.

I'm going to try and run with some pet build, not sure on specifics though. Will I need mana regeneration, and if so, can I just get that on helm or helm+mojo? And should I run with a 2H weapon?

Also, even after levelling five characters to level 60, I have never gotten a legendary before level 60. They really need to increase the drop rate on those. Why even have pre-60 legendaries if no one is ever going to see them?

I'm running hardcore now and I got 3 legendaries before I hit 30 and two from 30 to 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom