• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlludiumQ36

B8zqS.jpg
jAb0x.jpg

Having not seen a Legendary in a month, I get 2 in the same run (Act III - Keep and Rakkis) about 5 minutes apart. Both came off trash mobs too.

Cipherr

Also:
"At MP1 or higher, anything that used to drop only in Act III or Act IV of Inferno can now drop in any Inferno act (so Acts I - IV)."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you Act 3! Im gonna run Act 1 until my fingertips bleed. FINALLY we are no longer shackled to Act 3 for worthwhile loot. Fuck, its about time.

A blue confirms it later in the thread:

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.

This is fantastic. I hate some of the mob types in Act 3 on my DH. I really do, the mobs types in Act 1 are so much better.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you Act 3! Im gonna run Act 1 until my fingertips bleed. FINALLY we are no longer shackled to Act 3 for worthwhile loot. Fuck, its about time.

A blue confirms it later in the thread:

This is fantastic. I hate some of the mob types in Act 3 on my DH. I really do, the mobs types in Act 1 are so much better.

So uh, whens this gonna go on live?

I find act 3 mobs to be mostly easy but there's definitely some annoying ones that could appear. Would be nice to do act 1 again. But will the odds be the same for these items? Like will the items that used to be only in act 3 appear in act 1 with the same percentages they'd appear in act 3? Or are they a lot more likely to appear in act 3 then in 1? In which case I'd just continue act 3.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
1.0.5's ilvl changes will make a huge difference in finding your own gear if you never want to use the AH. It also makes the AH even better than it was before though since things will just get cheaper. I think what the game really needs now to bridge that gap is a revamped crafting system specifically designed to function as an alternative to the AH.

Talaysen

I find act 3 mobs to be mostly easy but there's definitely some annoying ones that could appear. Would be nice to do act 1 again. But will the odds be the same for these items? Like will the items that used to be only in act 3 appear in act 1 with the same percentages they'd appear in act 3? Or are they a lot more likely to appear in act 3 then in 1? In which case I'd just continue act 3.

According to a Blizzard rep on their forums, once you put the Monster Power level to at least 1, all enemies in Inferno become level 63 and have the same drop rates as Act 3/4. No difference at all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Act 3 is still gonna be better than anything else because of the sheer number of mobs you can kill in a relatively short amount of time.

But yeah running act 1 will be efficient enough that it'll be worth it for a change of pace every once in a while.

Cipherr

According to a Blizzard rep on their forums, once you put the Monster Power level to at least 1, all enemies in Inferno become level 63 and have the same drop rates as Act 3/4. No difference at all.

All they need to do now, is make Monster Power games accessible in public games. I would love to select a MP level and join a 4 player public game running it. Sucks that MP is seemingly solo play only, or only with friends lists. Vast majority of my list accumulated in the first few weeks of release doesn't play anymore lol.

Just had a run with two iLVL 63 legendary drops and:
I'm on a streak of really shitty rolls.

I just got those shoulders too, haven't ID'd yet, hoping I roll better :p

Update: Mine rolled 268 Dex, 40 Vit, 77 All Res, Armor and 300 life Regen... HOORAY(Just realized I missed off an important stat for Monks, 50 LightRes.)

Wolfie5

For that to happen you'd have to stop using AH alltogether. You're just simply bound to find more stuff others might find useful, and once you sell that stuff you'll have money for gear that would suit you, it's not the fault of the game, it's the nature of an easily accessible, open market.

Even if you assume there's just 3 different kinds of good stuff, Dex upgrades, Str upgrades and Int upgrades, for every piece that would be an 'upgrade' for you you'd find 2 'upgrades' for someone else. Sell those and you're able to buy an even better 'upgrade' for yourself, so when the piece that would have been an upgrade for you drops, you'll already have an equal or better thing from the AH 66% of the time.

The only thing this patch will change about finding upgrades for yourself is that if you'd go for a 'no AH' playthrough you'd find the upgrades more easily. But as long as you keep using the AH, most of the gear you'll wear will come from the AH.

Yeah, I know that. I meant finding good legendarys/sets like I could in D2. Until I hit a major wall that is inferno, I never looked at AH. I have spent many hours as WD and still haven't found a good legendary/set(which I normally would in D2). I think and hope this coming patch will get me to find more stuff in the game instead of looking too much on AH.

Anyway, just found about the nerf to Watch Tower :(
There will only be 2 elites in the tower in patch 1.05.(compared to 4-7 elites as it is now)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794209511?page=1

That sucks about Watchtower... although I might have been unlucky but I rarely saw '4-7'. I farmed it quite a bit and most of the time it was 2-4.

Either way, takes a dent out of some of my 1.05 Act 1 farming excitement.

(Bid is already 95mil on my shoulders.)

I just got those shoulders too, haven't ID'd yet, hoping I roll better :p

Update: Mine rolled 268 Dex, 40 Vit, 77 All Res, Armor and 300 life Regen... HOORAY(Just realized I missed off an important stat for Monks, 50 LightRes.)

It's still a REAAALLY awesome should for monks and DHs. Good luck :)

I myself am looking for a Vile War but at the point where I am right now absolutely can't afford it. It's probably give me another 5k in DPS when I get it.

Dahbomb

I have definitely seen 7 packs, a goblin and a res chest in watch tower once. Usually you get less than that but it's almost always worth running.

Talaysen

All they need to do now, is make Monster Power games accessible in public games. I would love to select a MP level and join a 4 player public game running it. Sucks that MP is seemingly solo play only, or only with friends lists. Vast majority of my list accumulated in the first few weeks of release doesn't play anymore lol.

They really should at least allow for Monster Power level 1 public games. No one is going to run without Monser Power at all because the jump in loot quality between MP0 and MP1 is really high for Act 1/2. I don't think there's as big of a jump from 2 on, and adding those on would split up the pools of public games to join by quite a bit. MP0/MP1 only would at most cut them in half, but it's probably going to be something like 10% MP0 90% MP1 so it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

kennah

Finally found a legendary - some legendary mace with magic find. Not a particularly good roll, but maybe I'll find some use for it.

Thanks, but I'm fine. It's not that awful and it would be even better if I hadn't forgotten to check on an auction (for some really awesome and cheap ceremonial knife).

Sunkeeper. They start around 3-4 million and only go up from there. What are the stats?

Wolfie5

Got a crappy legendary on act 3 run.

Almost missed this jeweler plan on act 2 run:
8mA9y.jpg

Not bad, at least I got a new plan :)

The search for a good legendary goes on(bring on patch 1.05 already).

Vodh

Shit, I've got a mental block preventing me from playing Diablo III. A part of me wants to put all my items in the stash and start from scratch solely using Iron Price paid items, another part just wants to keep farming, both parts realize it should be done on the same character because Paragon exp, and there's also this little cheater who keeps saying 'sure, do the Iron Price thing, but keep that Flawless Star Ruby!'.

The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that getting to where I'm now would take ages and my gear is still barely enough for Act 3 farming.

Help?

M.D

Second legendary today..

jGolw.jpg

It's actually an upgrade for me (+2K DPS) and it's nice to have that movment speed bonus and extra magic find
Only downside is the downgrade to all resist from my previous braces

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
So is the only viable gearing strategy to go for crit chance / damage? Seems too good to not gear for.

If you want DPS I don't know what other gearing strategy there would be other than taking DPS stats. There's only +Primary, +Crit%, +Crit Damage and +Attack Speed. The main strategy is in determining how much of that you're willing to sacrifice for the sake of getting the other important stats like Vit, All Resist, LoH/Life Steal, MF, etc. Theoretically you could have basically perfect gear with everything, but you could never afford it.

Revoh

Got sick of the game again after roughly 90 hours of patch 1.0.4.
I love this game but they need to release the PvP patch soon.

Hellfire Ring farming won't count as a proper "endgame" to me now that Blizzard has nerfed the crap, I mean the FUN, out of it. "It was a bug fix"

Just got an Zunimass Ring... Only one on the EU AH with similar roll : it's 400M

Only crap

136 int
60 all res
4.5 crit chance
30 crit dmg
170 armor

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
omfg... Why I why I'm so poor... I get tons of legendaries but crappy rolls.

This game hates me!

Anyways congratulations.

Just got an Zunimass Ring... Only one on the EU AH with similar roll : it's 400M

Only crap

136 int
60 all res
4.5 crit chance
30 crit dmg
170 armor

M.D

Just hit Paragon level 20
They have to make this thing account wide.. it's really asking too much for it to be character specific

Just hit Paragon level 20
They have to make this thing account wide.. it's really asking too much for it to be character specific
Agreed 100%. No way I'll even consider running another character now because it's like nerfing yourself from a mf perspective.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So i've been running at about 300 MF (with NV stacks).

I feel like getting to 375 is feasible but I'd have to swap out my 29% exp gem in the helm.

Anyone here make that trade?

So i've been running at about 300 MF (with NV stacks).

I feel like getting to 375 is feasible but I'd have to swap out my 29% exp gem in the helm.

Anyone here make that trade?

I've been using a topaz in my helm from paragon level 35 or so to level 47. I'm going to switch back to a ruby in the mid-50s, or once 1.05 hits.

Screenshot013.jpg

Nothing compared to everyone else, but that is about as high I've gotten. The issue with his is the strength is low (for a shoulder piece).

While those are pretty nice shoulders, its not something outside the realm of what a rare can roll. Vile Ward is useful for dex and int users since it rolls over the usual limit. For barbs, they could go for something similar with say % life instead of regen. I mean, someone dropping that much isn't thinking of it as a stopgap

Then again, most I've ever had was 4m and I don't know how much shoulders that good with % life would cost

Not that I'm hating on the sale. GAF get the money and all that

Definity

Been a good weekend of farming. Six total legendary drops. Made about 35mil gold. The prowlers I found with str/res all roll brought in 25mil alone.

C'mon 1.05 and hurry up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom