• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-read about the 1.05 update again and some threads about PTR. Didn't fully understand the change it will have on pretty much everything when it comes to farming and AH. I mean with MP lvl on you will need to pick up all yellow items now as they roll lvl 63 affixes(in current patch I only pick up lvl 61-63 items).

Than there is double chance of legendary drops and lvl 63 rolls for rings and amulets.

Also:
"At MP1 or higher, anything that used to drop only in Act III or Act IV of Inferno can now drop in any Inferno act (so Acts I - IV)."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83

I don't know how big the effect will be on AH, but it feels like a lot of items will drop in price.

What I actually hope this patch will bring, is that I can farm my own upgrades without the need of AH.

Wait what ?

So Act 1 will have the same drop table as Act 3 ? So what is the point of farming act 3 again ? Or the table are getting averaged ?

Wait what ?

So Act 1 will have the same drop table as Act 3 ? So what is the point of farming act 3 again ? Or the table are getting averaged ?

The point is to farm what you find fun... you can still farm Act 3 on MP0 which will be EASIER than now though.

I'm going to dance through all the acts excluding stupid face Act 4 just as I feel fit.

(Shoulders are up to 100mil now, feels good.)

The point is to farm what you find fun... you can still farm Act 3 on MP0 which will be EASIER than now though.

I'm going to dance through all the acts excluding stupid face Act 4 just as I feel fit.

(Shoulders are up to 100mil now, feels good.)

I though MP1 was as the game when you play solo

So what MP1 is like ? Harder than basic 4 player game ?

Talaysen

MP1 is slightly harder than Act 3 across the board. Nothing to do with multiplayer.

I thought MP1 was easier than 1.04 Act 3 across the board. Seemed like it to me when I tried it, but I didn't play for long (and only on one class).

Act 1 might have the same loot tables with higher MPs, but Act 3 has by far the largest amounts of enemies by map. It will still the best place to farm for items, since MF is important, BUT, you get more from killing a lot of enemies (SPECIALLY Legendary items - most of them are from regular enemies!)

The good thing is that you'll be able to get more variety out of your game. I have fun with it, but I've been doing Act 3 runs for about 2 months now.

Also, with the infernal machine part of the game, you'll have extra motivation to farm other acts as well, which is really cool. I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, just got 67k DPS with breath of heaven buff on my monk. 99.2k with Blinding Flash for 3 seconds (which if you're gonna kill an elite, put it together with the mantra buff is an insanely good thing).

Feels really good to feel relatively powerful, even though I know monks get up to 120k DPS unbuffed...

Westonian

Act 1 might have the same loot tables with higher MPs, but Act 3 has by far the largest amounts of enemies by map. It will still the best place to farm for items, since MF is important, BUT, you get more from killing a lot of enemies (SPECIALLY Legendary items - most of them are from regular enemies!)

The good thing is that you'll be able to get more variety out of your game. I have fun with it, but I've been doing Act 3 runs for about 2 months now.

Also, with the infernal machine part of the game, you'll have extra motivation to farm other acts as well, which is really cool. I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, just got 67k DPS with breath of heaven buff on my monk. 99.2k with Blinding Flash for 3 seconds (which if you're gonna kill an elite, put it together with the mantra buff is an insanely good thing).

Feels really good to feel relatively powerful, even though I know monks get up to 120k DPS unbuffed...
Profile link? I'm just barely scratching 40K unbuffed and I can't fathom getting to 67K without having 100 million gold to burn (I barely have 2 million at present).

Here's my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Westonian-1503/hero/5230312
Any tips?

Mystery

Just found an Inna's Temperance. I've found a green item every day for the last 6 days. Prior to this, I had only found 5 set items, ever. What's going on with the drops?

Profile link? I'm just barely scratching 40K unbuffed and I can't fathom getting to 67K without having 100 million gold to burn (I barely have 2 million at present).

Here's my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Westonian-1503/hero/5230312
Any tips?

Just found an Inna's Temperance today, and I bought an Inna's Armor. But before that I had 57k dps with regular rare stuff unbuffed, 64k buffed. Now i'm at 70k unbuffed and 80k buffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

Honeslty, everybody told me to dual wield. I actually tested it out and with a 938 DPS off hand with 1 sock and an 80% jewel on it, I actually lost DPS against an 8.5% critical shield with 160 vit and 160 dex which is what I use right now. It also added a crapload of survivability, too. If you have a lot of critical damage, more critical chance will only benefit you.

So... it works for me, and you can find good shields like that for pretty cheap on the AH. If you wanna test what it does to your DPS feel free to contact me and I can lend you it for a sec.

As far as advice, it's all down to how much gold you have. If you have 5M in the bank right now, I'd look at substituting your armor with a 3 sock armor (they arent that expensive) with similar regular stats to your armor now. I'd also ditch your helm and get a 4% critical, 130 dex helm with a sock, or no sock but some resists. If you want to make a big upgrade, get a simple 150 dex, 6% critical and 50% critical damage ammy. You can find them for about 5m - 10m in the AH, I got mine for 6m. You can also look at 30% critical dam, 4% critical chance rings with some dex on them.

As far as general advice... Start making concessions with resists, you really don't need as much as you think you do. You see the top monk players in the game, they run the game with 300-400 resists, just REALLY high HP. Right now, I'm running at 500 resists, but my HP needs to be higher. I generally kill the elites before blinding flash and serenity are done. Off course I die at times too, but with monks right now the general strategy is to kill before you get killed at high level play. I do think that 1.05 will change that.

Also, I don't really find resolve such a great skill =( If i'm killing things so fast, what's the point of reducing their damage? You might be better off with a different skill on your side. I`m using a passive right now that gives me 30% of my critical to dodge, and I have 50% critical. I'm not saying you have to drop it, but you might see a better benefit on a different skill depending on how fast you are killing stuff. Maybe the one that gives extra 15% dodge with dual wield?

Anyway, I'm definitely not the best monk around GAF so you might get better advice from other people, but if you need anything let me know.

Just found an Inna's Temperance. I've found a green item every day for the last 6 days. Prior to this, I had only found 5 set items, ever. What's going on with the drops?

You know, I noticed this today. I had zero legendaries for 6 days straight, and between yesterday and today I found 5 or 6 legendaries. Just today I found 4 legendaries. That's NEVER happened before.

Except for an Inna's temperance, which was the first GOOD drop i've had since paragon levels came (and man, I'm paragon 38 already!) they were all crap, but I kept wondering if I'm just lucking out or there's something else going on.

My theory is pretty crazy, but perhaps Blizz might bump the drops for the weekends? I know there's a lot of casuals who play on the weekends, so they may bump the drops over Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to keep the casuals connected on the game, and hopefully throw them in the RMAH so Blizz can make some money.

BIG POST, BUT LAST BUT NOT LEAST... FUCK YEAH!!! I finally got to a very respectable to DPS, cause I found an Inna's Temperance today and bought an Inna's armor!! It feels great to have those 350 hour of playing FINALLY pay off.

How do you call in english these mobs in act 4 that are giant and have slow hard smash attack on your face with their giant rod like legs ? The one waiting for you in the occulus ?

I'm looking for one of this kind in Elite

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Just found an Inna's Temperance today, and I bought an Inna's Armor. But before that I had 57k dps with regular rare stuff unbuffed, 64k buffed. Now i'm at 70k unbuffed and 80k buffed.

My theory is pretty crazy, but perhaps Blizz might bump the drops for the weekends? I know there's a lot of casuals who play on the weekends, so they may bump the drops over Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to keep the casuals connected on the game, and hopefully throw them in the RMAH so Blizz can make some money.

BIG POST, BUT LAST BUT NOT LEAST... FUCK YEAH!!! I finally got to a very respectable to DPS, cause I found an Inna's Temperance today and bought an Inna's armor!! It feels great to have those 350 hour of playing FINALLY pay off.

I know that feeling. I had nearly the same experience a few days ago. I still put in alot of hours but some days you find legendaries and sometimes you don't. Slot machine but the faster you can kill stuff, the better chance at winning :) Waiting for my Inna's chest sell to process so I could reach over the 100k dps mark as a monk

Wolfie5

Green, finally. Please be good, please be good...
D877q.jpg

Allright I guess. No upgrade for me, but it is the best legendary/set drop I got. At least I will get maybe 3 million for it.
Do2nM.jpg

First legendary of the day

B4JHD.jpg

.... sigh

Actually, I heard this weapon is awesome when dual wielding. The last hit on the monster criticals at 1m+ and you recover your entire HP pool because of that. That's what the "Slain enemies rest in peace" part of it does.

M.D

Actually, I heard this weapon is awesome when dual wielding. The last hit on the monster criticals at 1m+ and you recover your entire HP pool because of that. That's what the "Slain enemies rest in peace" part of it does.

It's true.. I actually use one :p
I have a Last Breath which has the "Slain enemies", but you need (on both weapons) life steal for the healing effect to take place

Mine doesn't have life steal, nor STR and has a low DPS... so it ain't worth much (if at all)

The only 2 types of sever that are useful are the ones with life leech and the ones with hole for emerald gem (for a char with life leech in other part)

larvi

I hit plvl 39 over the weekend but definitely didn't have any luck with legendaries. I still have found a set item since before 1.04. I found 4 legendaries, the only thing decent was a pair of Depth Diggers but they have pretty lousy stats. I also found 2 pair of Gladiator Gaunts and a balefire caster

Wolfie5

Did a new run on act 3 but only Keep depths level 1-3(since I got the set item there). I got 2 legendaries. A crappy cindercoat and this:
RTBsN.jpg

Thought it was crap first, but seems to be worth a couple of millions?

Man =O running with really high dps is very, very fun. You just walk around the map killing everything in seconds.

I killed Azmodan when I finished the run before my Blinding Flash cooldown had subsided lol.

M.D

My first set item. PARTY TIME !!!!

Some lvl 63 one-handed crossbow. Haven't identified it yet, wish me luck.

Congrats! let us know what you got

I still haven't found a set item... hope it will be an awesome one when I do find one

larvi

Just did a A3 run in my MF gear (386 with valor and enchantress) and got Frostburn Gaunts for my trouble. More brimstone fodder.

neoism

depends on your cirt dam... I've gotten 5mil cirt before lol
got mine for 150k lol
jDAN1tuMlehXH_e.jpg

green text looks werid.......... :'(

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
My first set item. PARTY TIME !!!!

Some lvl 63 one-handed crossbow. Haven't identified it yet, wish me luck.

Edit:
zWPZC.png

196 DEX
1094 Life on Kill
95% Crit Dmg
+9 Discipline

No idea if that's worth something, but it looks nice. If not I'll just give it to my DH should he ever reach lvl 60.

Sadly not that much... the jackpot is getting one with both high damage and a socket for the double crit damage bonus.

Still, a few millions worth I gather =)

Xamdou

Been playing solo the past week and no legendary drops. I logged in and played one game of coop and three legendarys dropped in the entire game, one of em a set zumi but none of em dropped for me.

Coop has a very high chance of dropping legendarys it seems.

M.D

Been playing solo the past week and no legendary drops. I logged in and played one game of coop and three legendarys dropped in the entire game, one of em a set zumi but none of em dropped for me.

I don't know if it's technically true but yesterday I got one legendary playing solo and (for the first time) I played a very short public game (Bridge of Korsikk to Azmodan) and got a legendary in one of the tower levels (or the ones before that look just the same)

Same exact thing happened today (only today I got a really shitty second legendary)

BTW, is it just me or Wizards are crazy powerful? at least it seemed like it from the Wizard in our group

Haven't seen a legendary in weeks :(

Where do you farm and how much MF do you have? I know some people say MF doesn't matter but it really does IMO

I was farming Act 3 for like a week with very low MF since I sacrificed it all for DPS. I remember not getting any legendaries and being so angry

I finally put on some MF gear and found a legendary that day.. I get a legendary everyday now and even two sometimes (like the last two days)

DTKT

I don't think it impacts anything.

Sigmaah

Where do you farm and how much MF do you have? I know some people say MF doesn't matter but it really does IMO

I've been farming inferno act 3 with a base MF of around 100. I'm seeing lots of lvl 63's but haven't had a legendary drop in forever.

Wolfie5

I've been farming inferno act 3 with a base MF of around 100. I'm seeing lots of lvl 63's but haven't had a legendary drop in forever.

Having more MF helps. I have 200 MF and get a legendary every now and than. My fourth for today, though it´s crap:
MQRaT.jpg

IlludiumQ36

Not a single announce in game or Bnet this afternoon. Blizz must be taking this whole "Columbus Day" thing seriously.

Every day that passes makes 1.04 look more and more like a band-aid.

Need. 1.05. Now. (minus that whole Watch Tower fiasco)

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
How long does it take to process items in the RMAH. I want to buy gold for .60 before it goes up in the next patch :(

larvi

Game trolling me hard, found 2 ilvl 63 legendary helms today. Storm Crown and Madstone, neither rolled with a socket or any other useful affix.

Mystery

RMAH transactions under 10 dollars transfer instantly. Anything over goes into processing time which may take an hour or 2 days. If you want to buy gold, buy in chunks under 10 dollars apiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom