• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie5

I can "do" it in that I can slowly slog my way through it. I'm at 71k dps and it takes roughly 65 years to kill elite mobs. If they are extra health mobs it just becomes ridiculous.

I think I'll stick with monster level 5. From test runs that seems to be the sweet spot for me in terms of bonus verses time. You get crazy bonuses to exp and magic find at level 10 but its still a net loss in terms of progress, unless you have really great dps and can chew through stuff.

I have read the patch notes for 1.05 but was wondering how you feel the changes are in PTR?
How are the drops in PTR? Do you find legendaries more often? Do you tend to get better rares than on 1.04 and is it more often?

Revoh

Mostly bug fixes, maybe they are cleaning everything up and getting ready to release it next week. I hope so because I can't farm on 1.0.4 anymore
BTW, I'm starting a Monk today after work, I gave up leveling my DH, I don't know why but ranged classes are boring to me.
I also have a lvl 60 Wiz shelved that I need to gear up completely but with these current nerfs I might even delete her ass haha

So my icewalkers I found have 10K healthglobe bonus. I mostly kept them because the roll on the boots gave me so much life that it let me sacrifice 140 vit on my pants for the inna's set and still come out ahead. However ... I have grown very fond of what seams like a half to full heal each time I run over a globe now. It's saved me a ton of times now and I've found my playstyle adapt to it. I'm even more stoked now that the roll will affect potions in 1.0.5

kennah

I did a similar thing experimenting with the barbarian abilities. The one that makes health globes show up twice as often and give you twice the health was really useful for keeping me alive - especially with extended pickup radius.

So my icewalkers I found have 10K healthglobe bonus. I mostly kept them because the roll on the boots gave me so much life that it let me sacrifice 140 vit on my pants for the inna's set and still come out ahead. However ... I have grown very fond of what seams like a half to full heal each time I run over a globe now. It's saved me a ton of times now and I've found my playstyle adapt to it. I'm even more stoked now that the roll will affect potions in 1.0.5

Same I have 11k on my bracers and even though they arent that good of bracers and I've found a couple upgrades they werent enough to make the switch, Even though I have 40k life it seems everytime I grab a health globe I'm back at full health.

I did a similar thing experimenting with the barbarian abilities. The one that makes health globes show up twice as often and give you twice the health was really useful for keeping me alive - especially with extended pickup radius.

Same I have 11k on my bracers and even though they arent that good of bracers and I've found a couple upgrades they werent enough to make the switch, Even though I have 40k life it seems everytime I grab a health globe I'm back at full health.

What's awesome was that it ended up being a surprise. I literally glossed over the stat before. I'm not sure if it's something I'll actively seek out in the future, especially now that I have it, but I sure do love my boots more than ever now.

Xamdou

I can "do" it in that I can slowly slog my way through it. I'm at 71k dps and it takes roughly 65 years to kill elite mobs. If they are extra health mobs it just becomes ridiculous.

I think I'll stick with monster level 5. From test runs that seems to be the sweet spot for me in terms of bonus verses time. You get crazy bonuses to exp and magic find at level 10 but its still a net loss in terms of progress, unless you have really great dps and can chew through stuff.

Link to your gear?

Definity

One stat I need to work back into my gear is pickup radius. I recently upgraded some gear and lost any radius at all and now it's so frustrating to walk right up on gold/health to pick it up. I can't leave those 2,000 worth of gold stacks just sitting there!!!

Hopefully in 1.05 I can work it back into something.

One stat I need to work back into my gear is pickup radius. I recently upgraded some gear and lost any radius at all and now it's so frustrating to walk right up on gold/health to pick it up. I can't leave those 2,000 worth of gold stacks just sitting there!!!

Hopefully in 1.05 I can work it back into something.

I would like to try and work this back in as well. I'm not sure where. Maybe on my bracers or something.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Storm Chase is unusuably good for it (I run it in my build for that reason). Don't know about Living Lightning though.
LL was the original proc choice before 103.

SC works great in 104 because it is bugged and will be reduced to the same rate as all the other ET runes currently have.

If you're going to continue using ET and CM in 105 I suggest dumping SC and trying WW or Mistral Breeze to see how it works for you, and adjust accordingly - and also know that any adjustments you make will likely not be enough for 106, since a recent Blizzard post indicates that they're not done with altering Wizard skills in light of CM use.

Djin1979

yup, yesterday I spent few millions in some MF quality items, I stand at 306% MF (with the 5 NV stacks), it helps a lot seems !

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Well I got my IK helm at paragon lvl 1 and only 5 stacks, MF will only increase the number of rare items you will see, not their quality.

It supposedly increases the number of legendarys and number of affixes as well. I see neither in my case - just a huge pile of yellows I waste my time IDing and vendoring.

Two whole nights of farming Act III and all I get is a crap load of shitty yellows. The kind that infuriates your brain. This is a bit insulting. It seems like I've never got a single drop that I used on my Barb since the release. It's always either shitty, very shitty, disgusting or barely useful for another class. Every item I have equipped, I've purchased it on the AH.

I'm starting to lose hope. I stopped playing back in May or June, can't remember and decided I would give it a spin last weekend. Well, it's easier since the nerf. I'm pretty neutral about this. but the loot system is just as infuriating as before. Not sure if this game worth my time at all...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Up to 89k unbuffed with pierce the veil passive.

Dropped my lacunis for a crit bracer (ias is silly on wd) and found ik belt.

Not bad - got 20m for lacunis and the belt is sitting at 22m ATM.

Hardcore monkette is level 57 right before Belial, with 150+ all res, 5000+ armor buffed, 11k dps and 38k hp. So far so good. Almost to 60 (the i60+ loot will make the last part of Hell look like a cake walk)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hey guys tonight I ve been pretty lucky, I need your help for some price checks, especially the mage off hand :
Depth Diggers are nice, but I think the better ones have a socket. I forget if they do offhand.

The Bul Kathos 1H has a nice damage roll, but I don't know how much those pieces usually go for.

I think the other two Legendaries might be Brimstones. Sorry. Don't quote me on it, though.

The Wizard source isn't that great as it has no APOC. A few million probably. At least its damage roll is decent, as is the Int roll and socket.

240% after 5 stacks. Do you need 300% to find set items? I feel my items dont have enough mf power to get to green level!
I haven't worn any MF gear since 104 hit. My current PL is 31.

A few days ago, I started an A3 run and within two minutes, the first rare that dropped from a white enemy was an Inna's helmet.

MF only does so much, at least in terms of finding Legendaries and Sets.

Two whole nights of farming Act III and all I get is a crap load of shitty yellows. The kind that infuriates your brain. This is a bit insulting. It seems like I've never got a single drop that I used on my Barb since the release. It's always either shitty, very shitty, disgusting or barely useful for another class.
Hopefully you haven't vendored items with Gold Find on them, given that they have other primary stats on them.

Hopefully you haven't vendored weapons with Reduced Level Requirements.

Every item I have equipped, I've purchased it on the AH.
I'm currently wearing two drops, and a third was from another player who I was cooping with.

The odds simply aren't in anyone's favor to ever find upgrades. You can't let that bother you.
Not sure if this game worth my time at all...
I've played this game daily since release. I've found a build that helps for group play (permafrost Wiz) and friends who are able to capitalize upon what I can do for the team.

That said, I still have plenty of stretches of not finding anything above vendor trash. It happens. However, I at least play the game with people who make the experience enjoyable regardless.

Djin1979

Hopefully you haven't vendored items with Gold Find on them, given that they have other primary stats on them.

Hopefully you haven't vendored weapons with Reduced Level Requirements.

Why not ? Are they that valuable ?

Every item I have equipped, I've purchased it on the AH.

I wear 4 drops on my barb... a mode without AH would be cool though.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Extremely valuable, no; but if you price those kinds of items correctly, they will sell.

Every bit counts.

Rufus

The odds simply aren't in anyone's favor to ever find upgrades. You can't let that bother you.
Easier said than done.
There's not enough game to distract you from that fact, be it further loot customization, PvP, or whatever else other games have to make low drop rates not the only thing to throw yourself against.

Dahbomb

I know the title says "Out of Beta" but the game still feels like it's in a beta phase. I don't even think 1.05 will move it out of that zone, it has to be a PvP patch that gets the ball rolling.

DTKT

Is there a date for 1.05? I took a break 2 days after 1.04 since ACT2 is not fun.

Is it true that you can run ACT 1 and still get a good loot table?

Vicros

Link to your gear?

Here ya go : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fireboy80x-1641/hero/8388023

240% after 5 stacks. Do you need 300% to find set items? I feel my items don't have enough mf power to get to green level!

So like a month ago I made a post complaining I never found legendaries. As my paragon level increased and I gained MF I began to find them with regularity. I now have 238% and find about one a day.

Then about a week ago I made a post complaining that I had only found one set piece since launch day. In the last three days I've found two set items.

So lets try this.

Gaf, what the hell? Why have I never found $10,000 just lying in the street? Thats bullshit right?

(fingers crossed)

Xamdou

Getting boring farming act 3 and I haven't found a legendary the past week. Not anticipating the 1.05 nerf patch either.

syllogism

Mempo is getting fixed in 1.05 (always rolls 170-200 main stat and only one random affix, so just need to roll crit), so if you have one right now it would be a good idea to sell it. In fact, if you have an amazing non-mempo helmet, you should sell it as well. I suppose since it can't roll vit+crit, some classes might still prefer something else.

Dahbomb

Here ya go : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fireboy80x-1641/hero/8388023
So lets try this.

Gaf, what the hell? Why have I never found $10,000 just lying in the street? Thats bullshit right?

(fingers crossed)
That's because other people would pick up a $10000 bill before you even get to the spot.

Something similar would be standing in a lightning storm with a rod. Taller rod more chance to get struck. Or fishing I suppose.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is there a date for 1.05? I took a break 2 days after 1.04 since ACT2 is not fun.

Is it true that you can run ACT 1 and still get a good loot table?

The last PTR tweak are just bug fixes, so there's a good chance it's going to come soon, possibly next week.

Just me speculating tho =)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The last PTR tweak are just bug fixes, so there's a good chance it's going to come soon, possibly next week.
It seems like there's still many Legendary issues to correct (be it in the game or Blizzard's Game Guide representation of them), and there have been some silent alterations to monster damage recent. I'm reading many reports of people having a lot more trouble on any MP now, 10 or not.

I believe it's still a way to go yet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It seems like there's still many Legendary issues to correct (be it in the game or Blizzard's Game Guide representation of them), and there have been some silent alterations to monster damage recent. I'm reading many reports of people having a lot more trouble on any MP now, 10 or not.

I believe it's still a way to go yet.

Quite possibly =)

Meanwhile, bought some yellow gloves for 7M... im now at 93k unbuffed.... sheeesh i can almost taste the 100k milestone!

M.D

Haven't found a legendary in two days (only played for half an hour yesterday) and did a quick run this morning... a legendary drops within seconds. shitty lvl58 shoulders :(

Well I felt lucky but it turns out I wasn't. No legendary no set item, no rare worth more than 100k. Nothing. Just shit and piss everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom