• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Getting boring farming act 3 and I haven't found a legendary the past week. Not anticipating the 1.05 nerf patch either.

Sounds like it's time for someone to buy X-Com.

So I should sell my +70 strength Mempo and rebuy a new one once the prices even out? Thanks for the tip!

Definity

I'm having better luck now selling stuff in the RMAH compared to the GAH. I list a bit cheaper than the next item up from me and I've sold a few $ in a couple of days. With gold being at .58 per mil - you can really stack up on gold.

Finally reached Plvl 30 with my WW barb. I can't even imagine what would take me to reach 100.

It takes a while. I'm P43 now and it takes quite a few runs to get to another level now. Hopefully with the ability to adjust MP level in 1.0.5, we can reduce that amount of time by a fairly good amount.

Revoh

It takes a while. I'm P43 now and it takes quite a few runs to get to another level now. Hopefully with the ability to adjust MP level in 1.0.5, we can reduce that amount of time by a fairly good amount.

yeah, but you seem to level up way too fast man haha, I have you on my friends list, although we never played together I remember your ingame/neogaf username and every couple days I see you playing you are 2 or 3 plvls more than the last time.

can you share your run?

yeah, but you seem to level up way too fast man haha, I have you on my friends list, although we never played together I remember your ingame/neogaf username and every couple days I see you playing you are 2 or 3 plvls more than the last time.

can you share your run?

You should jump in when I'm on. Definity plays a lot with me too. Couple GAF lurkers as well. I always keep the auto join up.

Nothing special about the run. If I have time we do pretty much all of act III. If not, I do the keeps and then crater 1 through azmo.

That's the other thing I'm looking forward to in 1.0.5. Something other than act III runs. I really want to play act I (haven't played the act in a long time). I also want to do some VoA runs again. The MP level changes will help with the variety.

You should jump in when I'm on. Definity plays a lot with me too. Couple GAF lurkers as well. I always keep the auto join up.

Nothing special about the run. If I have time we do pretty much all of act III. If not, I do the keeps and then crater 1 through azmo.

That's the other thing I'm looking forward to in 1.0.5. Something other than act III runs. I really want to play act I (haven't played the act in a long time). I also want to do some VoA runs again. The MP level changes will help with the variety.
I loved the quickness of the VoA runs I used to do. It'll be nice just being able to add some variety back into things.

I hear you on the time it takes to go up levels. I play while watching tv anyhow so it goes by decently.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Why are they buffing mempos? That shit is already mad good.

So are they gonna "fix" all the other items that don't roll what the item website says they should?

turnbuckle

Something I didn't know about regarding Monster Power:

In Inferno, in addition to increased experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find, whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item. The chance to drop a bonus item will scale up with each MP level as detailed in the table below.

MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg

I loved the quickness of the VoA runs I used to do. It'll be nice just being able to add some variety back into things.

I hear you on the time it takes to go up levels. I play while watching tv anyhow so it goes by decently.

I loved the quickness of VoA runs too. I don't remember the last time I did a butcher run.

Formosa

I've reached the true end game last week which is the Ultimate Forumcraft. lol
But ya... This game needs tons of rework to get people back.
1- No build variations. All you need is main stat/vit/ar/loh or ls. The bosses and elites doesn't force you to change build(s) to beat them (Even in MP10). The goal of this game is to be powerful, therefore no one wants to loss their expensive DPS and change to a weaker build.

2- All high end players would always have the same gear 9/10 lol.

3- Too repetitive. The 1.0.5 ring takes 1 day to obtain. They just made 4 difficulties to 10 and call it a day. at the end you get more legendary and yellow but they will all still be crap.

4- Game's been out 5 months and due to all the +% elemental damage gear glitch, I still don't know what my true DPS is.

5- Too many design flawsto list

Wolfie5

Got bored, downloaded PTR client and played a little as WD. Some impressions:

Tried MP5, was too much for me. Took too long to kill. Lowered to MP4, worked better, but didn´t feel like a level where I can farm effieciently. Maybe when I have better gear.

Lowered to MP1, just to how it would work at that level. Started at act 3 and wow it was easy. It felt as easy as act 1 is in 1.04. I used jaust spell very often just to get to the next monster pack. I went through act 3 and 4 very quickly and died once in act 4. And that was because I was sloppy with an elite pack. Killed diablo without any real problems. Finished inferno for the first time and it didn´t feel like inferno anymore, not at MP1 anyway...

I´ll test MP2 and 3 to see which level fits me.

Dahbomb

MP0 and MP1 are even easier than Inferno 1.04. That means those people who just started farming Inferno will get a solid benefit in farming too. They will be farming faster with more yield.

But the gap between starter Inferno farmers and top tier Inferno farmers will be huge... as it should be. The top tier players will have something to test their gear against.

Revoh

That's cool, I'll play with you next time I log in

Something I didn't know about regarding Monster Power:

MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg

That's new to me too.

syllogism

They will not, because the decreased difficulty on mp0 and mp1 will significantly increase efficiency for people who are currently undergeared. In addition, good rares will be very cheap, so it should be easier to reach the point where your movement speed is the bottleneck. Meanwhile people who currently have 200+k dps won't be farming much efficiently. I've tried MP6 with 280k self buffed dps and it definitely doesn't feel more efficient than doing mp2-4.

They will not, because the decreased difficulty on mp0 and mp1 will significantly increase efficiency for people who are currently undergeared. In addition, good rares will be very cheap, so it should be easier to reach the point where your movement speed is the bottleneck. Meanwhile people who currently have 200+k dps won't be farming much efficiently. I've tried MP6 with 280k self buffed dps and it definitely doesn't feel more efficient than doing mp2-4.

Bascially this. The economey is already at a state where farming act III on MP 0 or 1 should be reached rather cheaply. The increase in legendary drop rates and evening out of loot pools in MP 1 and beyond should ensure the path to the top is less resistant then before.

turnbuckle

How would this change in such a game? People with good gear will always be able to farm easier than someone with poor gear. As one progresses their farming efficiency will always progress as well.

Yeah, I don't get the complaint either unless people are trying to make a job out of this game. The "rich" will flood the Ah with items which will cause prices on everything but the highest tiered gear to become affordable. The "poor" will have more options to choose from to gear up. If there wasn't an incentive for taking on a higher challenge and there was no benefit from farming efficiency, there wouldn't be a reason to play at all. What are the "poors" playing for if the difference between them and the "rich" is negligible?

The new patch makes the game even more accessible to these so-called poor folk while giving another layer of challenge and incentive for higher tiered players to keep on playing. And this isn't the real world where the "poors" will be poor forever, with the paragon and bonus for increased monster power, there's a very clear and doable path for getting from being a "have not" to a "have".

And I don't consider the bonuses of MP10 to be huge compared to MP 3 or 4. Sacrificing killing efficiency for the chance at better loot is a good tradeoff to have, not an overpowered one. +250 Magic and Gold Find and an extra bonus item in exchange for enemies that'll take several times longer to kill? Worth it for some, but not for most.

I don't think the new patch does things perfect and I'm not some Blizzard apologist, but I think the changes are going to be better for more people. If that turns out to be the case then it's a successful patch, but certainly not something that fixes all the problems with the game. But it keeps getting better.

Wolfie5

Oh yeah, got to try the new shrines and the one shrine that stood out was empower shrine.

Empower shrine made my mana regen go up very quickly. I have pierce the veil skill and I could almost spam acid rain. Normally I can only use it 3-4 times before I´m out of mana.
Empower made also the cooldown spells go down very quickly. I could use Spirit walk(jaunt rune, invincible for 3 sec) very often.

Fleeting shrine was a little fun. My movement speed went from 12% to 37% I think.

I liked that identify was only 1 sec, but wished it was instant instead after a while.
Found one crappy legendary, and identify that item took as long as a town portal.

Also found a jeweler plan(in yellow this time... yay!)

turnbuckle

The rich are just going to get richer faster.

No offense, but maybe you should consider playing something else. You've made multiple posts about how you don't like 1.04 and now you're complaining about 1.05. Obviously it's normal and healthy to make criticisms of things that you still find enjoyable, but you don't sound like this is something you find enjoyable.

Also, I've probably spent all of 5 minutes doing act II in inferno. Is there any particular reason why you're running that? IMO Act II and Act IV are irrelevant until at least after the next patch drops. Act II because it's a much sharper jump in difficulty but the rewards aren't much better than Act I; Act IV because Act IV is always irrelevant unfortunately.

What I did early on with paragon was farm Vault of the Ancients and/or Leoric's manor for several levels of paragon. The vault is a lot quicker, and if you invest in some nice gems you could run it with Cain's set to get the bonus exp. Running the vault now I can get between 20 and 30 million exp a run (with a 31% exp gem in my helm and cain's set).

Once I got to a point where I was able to handle Act III a bit I started doing that instead, but still will spend an hour or two here and there in ACT I to grind out some more EXP. The extra MF and GF and main stats per level really help a ton.

M.D

I sold a WD offhand with 283 int, crit chance and a a socket for 49k then saw similar ones are priced in the millions.... please tell me they are REALLY overprricing

Wolfie5

Tried MP10 on normal, nightmare and hell after seeing this table:
SOKINTUC1GVC1349860692410.jpg

In normal and nightmare I oneshotted everything including elite with my MF gear on.
In hell it took a couple of shots, still easy.

Anyone know any good/interesting legendaries you can farm on lower levels?

Wolfie5

I sold a WD offhand with 283 int, crit chance and a a socket for 49k then saw similar ones are priced in the millions.... please tell me they are REALLY overprricing

283 int is very high. What was the damage and crit chance? Did it have mana regen?

Celegus

If it had decent damage, you pretty much screwed yourself. If not millions, at least a few hundred thousand. You didn't check the prices beforehand, only after?

Vicros

More than almost anything else. I'll reach paragon 40 tonight, all ground out in act three. That's a whole bunch of time spent in one act, and it's definitely time for a change.

M.D

283 int is very high. What was the damage and crit chance? Did it have mana regen?
i'm on my ohone so i can't check but crit was at least 6.5 and i think damage was pretty high..
iirc it had one more stat but can't remember what it was right now

More than almost anything else. I'll reach paragon 40 tonight, all ground out in act three. That's a whole bunch of time spent in one act, and it's definitely time for a change.

Pretty much. Considering I was farming act III some time between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 it's even longer. VoA runs took up half that time and act III the rest. I haven't farmed act I since 1.0.2.

Xamdou

I will try out mp10, if I can't do that I'll just scale it down to a doable lvl. So as soon as patch 1.05 drops I can immediately set the monster power lvls?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So that means that at Paragon level 90 and monster power 10, with no mf gear somebody can have 500+ mf?

That's insane.

Let's look at how awesome that is.

ChanceOfLegendary x 6 = 0 x 6 = 0

OH and they are doubling the legendary default drop rate so let's not forget:

0 x 2 x 6 = 0

At least for some of us.

Wolfie5

i'm on my ohone so i can't check but crit was at least 6.5 and i think damage was pretty high..
iirc it had one more stat but can't remember what it was right now

Well, hard to say without more info. 6,5 crit is a bit low, I usually look at 8 at least. I have a good one now with 10 crit. But your int was really high, so it depends on what your dmg was and if it had mana regen. Sounds like it's worth more than what you got though.

no point in farming on my main toon until 1.0.5 it seems so i've been lvling an alt over on eu. EU is a fucking ghostland compared to the us servers

GAF.

What do I upgrade next?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I do not want to go dual wield route since it will lower my survivability by a LOT. I also tested it out with a 80% gem on a 1156 DPS weapon and barely gained 5k DPS which is not significant to drop a shield IMO.

I'm thinking of buying an Andariels with a sock and lower fire damage taken. Will probably cost me around 40m =I i have 13 right now.

Upgrade your sholders and get a Vile Ward for more Dex / Armor. They also look badass.

EDIT: If you're goind duel weild, you need to look for a weapon with naitive crit DMG and a SOC. That 5K DPS would be more like 10 in that instance. It's also a 15% IAS increase and should help with LOH procs and spirit building. Though ... you will sacrifice some armor and block survivability.

Fenderputty - Community Vile Ward sales rep.

Thanks I'll look into Vile Wards I fear all that is too expensive. Bracers are a curse now that I can't see myself giving up that 11k health globe bonus the 6% crit is nice too:( Maybe I can get that on some other piece? I was thinking of getting Lacunis to get my movement speed bonus off my boots so I can upgrade my boots hard, I see such high Dex/Vit boots but none with MS unless they are millions of millions gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom