• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenderputty - Community Vile Ward sales rep.

Thanks I'll look into Vile Wards I fear all that is too expensive. Bracers are a curse now that I can't see myself giving up that 11k health globe bonus the 6% crit is nice too:( Maybe I can get that on some other piece? I was thinking of getting Lacunis to get my movement speed bonus off my boots so I can upgrade my boots hard, I see such high Dex/Vit boots but none with MS unless they are millions of millions gold.

If nothing else ... get at lest 80 - 100 more dex on those sholders. You also need main stats on your ring / ammy. However, you should wait until 1.0.5 to mess with rings and ammys. The price should drop on those.

Bascially you should have probably 500 more total dex from where you're currently at.

EDIT: Your belt is another are where you should be able to pick up dex for cheap.

CSe8U.png

Hardcore Hell is done. Level 60 is achieved. It was a good and fun ride. I won't touch inferno right now though. Maybe Leoric is doable from there, and eventually the Butcher but not much after that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-2689/hero/20964869

I'd also appreciate a gear check, I have no idea what to upgrade or where to go, seems anything I want is just too expensive. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/6088646

I`d start by switching your gloves and your boots. You can easily get a triple triad on your gloves with dex for maybe 5m tops (IAS, Critical chance and critical damage)

I'd also switch your boots. Drop MF on it, and you can get a really awesome 170+ dex, 170+ vit and all res for just a couple millions.

Fenderputty: Thanks for the advice. I'll look into Vile Wards.

And yeah, I honestly don't want to DW. I can probably switch my shield to a new one with 10% critical and 200+ dex and get some extra DPS from it.

It's tough :p I've dropped a LOT of survivability for DPS, but I don't really want to drop the shield to dual wield. I know there's benefit to it, but I know it's not gonna give me another 40k dps :I

I'm probably gonna switch my rings to triple triad rings soon.

EDIT: You know =/ I'd probably drop your MF and just go full dps instead. If you're gonna have just 65% MF and not be able to kill stuff effectively, you're better off just dropping it. IT's what I did. I have a boots to replace mine with more dex and vit and all res which I use when I'm playing.

I`d start by switching your gloves and your boots. You can easily get a triple triad on your gloves with dex for maybe 5m tops (IAS, Critical chance and critical damage)

I'd also switch your boots. Drop MF on it, and you can get a really awesome 170+ dex, 170+ vit and all res for just a couple millions.

Fenderputty: Thanks for the advice. I'll look into Vile Wards.

And yeah, I honestly don't want to DW. I can probably switch my shield to a new one with 10% critical and 200+ dex and get some extra DPS from it.

It's tough :p I've dropped a LOT of survivability for DPS, but I don't really want to drop the shield to dual wield. I know there's benefit to it, but I know it's not gonna give me another 40k dps :I

I'm probably gonna switch my rings to triple triad rings soon.

EDIT: You know =/ I'd probably drop your MF and just go full dps instead. If you're gonna have just 65% MF and not be able to kill stuff effectively, you're better off just dropping it. IT's what I did. I have a boots to replace mine with more dex and vit and all res which I use when I'm playing.

Yeah ... the Vile Ward is a nice sholder piece. They can pop over the standard 200 dex too. My sholders have 75ALL RES 199 DEX with Armor and ran me about 17 million. Vile Ward with some VIT will cost you about 30. You'll probably have to move some of that life onto another piece if you go this route though.

1.0.4 there really is no reason to use a shield. It's just not tough enough. Though I would imagine that will change once 1.0.5 comes out and you can alter MP levels and we can no longer dodge reflect damage. You have really good DPS anyway for sword and board so far be it from me to say you're doing anything wrong. You're clearly not.

I also agree with you that juice should drop the MF on his gear.

A. MF gear sells well so he can recover after buying a replacement piece
B. He needs a ton more Dex.

I'll look into losing the MF, its not something I've actively searched for its a coincidence/bonus if its on my pieces. I just dont want to lose my Movement Speed otherwise I get mowed down too easily. I only have like 4 pieces with All Res I die in a hit or two in Act III which is super annoying...

Yeah ... the Vile Ward is a nice sholder piece. They can pop over the standard 200 dex too. My sholders have 75ALL RES 199 DEX with Armor and ran me about 17 million. Vile Ward with some VIT will cost you about 30. You'll probably have to move some of that life onto another piece if you go this route though.

1.0.4 there really is no reason to use a shield. It's just not tough enough. Though I would imagine that will change once 1.0.5 comes out and you can alter MP levels and we can no longer dodge reflect damage. You have really good DPS anyway for sword and board so far be it from me to say you're doing anything wrong. You're clearly not.

I also agree with you that juice should drop the MF on his gear.

A. MF gear sells well so he can recover after buying a replacement piece
B. He needs a ton more Dex.

Thanks for the advice, btw. I just tested it out with 750 dps mace, 160 dex, 97% critical and sock and my dps went up to 90k with breath of heaven compared to 80k DPS before.

I'll keep the shield still, but I think it's worth switching to dual wield if I manage to get something like 900 DPS, 80% and sock, 150++ dex weap.

I'll probably save up for a vile ward which should give me quite a bit of DPS.

EDIT: Blizzard needs to drop 1.05 soon. The community is starting to die. It's not as bad as it was by the end of 1.03, but I see people logging for less and less time now, and most stopped logging altogether.
Even GAF legends like Pyro don't even post over here anymore.

mlaz14

I'll look into losing the MF, its not something I've actively searched for its a coincidence/bonus if its on my pieces. I just dont want to lose my Movement Speed otherwise I get mowed down too easily. I only have like 4 pieces with All Res I die in a hit or two in Act III which is super annoying...

You could look into getting Inna's Temperance as they have move speed. But getting some with vit or all resist makes the price go up quite a bit.

Talaysen

Something I didn't know about regarding Monster Power:

MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg

So does that mean that every single enemy will drop at least one item on MP10? Or does it just mean that there's an extra slot that is enabled 100% of the time, but it might roll "nothing"? I'm assuming the former.

Head math suggests that MP4 will be optimal, without considering travel time and death time. Of course this goes up if you have a lot of DPS (travel time is more of a factor) or down if you die a lot (damage increase becomes important).

Also, MP2 looks to be about where 1.0.4 Act 3 is in theory (slightly less damage, but I'm guessing more HP), so basically if you're farming Act 3 now you get those MP2 bonuses for free. Not bad.

Of course that's all theorycraft, so I'm not sure how it will end up in practice.

linsivvi

Something I didn't know about regarding Monster Power:

MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg

Well that's just bloody brilliant. My previous assumption was 10% damage increase at lower MP levels. Since this is the official chart, I can now confirm that as a monk my survivability is lower than 1.0.4 even at MP1. MP1!!!

And that's without factoring in the enchantress nerf and not being able to dodge reflect damage.

Blizzard hired a bunch of math genius.

Vodh

I was genuinely sad when they didn't put anything like the chat gem in D3. There should be at least a couple elements in menu background right before you start your run that you could fiddle with that did absolutely nothing, so that people would go crazy about something that's actually in the game. Next time we'll see the influence of your default internet browser on legendary drops, or the influence of playing with just one sock on.

What's funny is that all the people in that thread who believe in it are freaking out over some pretty damn small variation of loot tested on a pitifully small sample of runs. lol, just lol.

I was genuinely sad when they didn't put anything like the chat gem in D3. There should be at least a couple elements in menu background right before you start your run that you could fiddle with that did absolutely nothing, so that people would go crazy about something that's actually in the game. Next time we'll see the influence of your default internet browser on legendary drops, or the influence of playing with just one sock on.

What's funny is that all the people in that thread who believe in it are freaking out over some pretty damn small variation of loot tested on a pitifully small sample of runs. lol, just lol.

I sense you are to ignorant to test it on your own. That or just lazy.

Well that's just bloody brilliant. My previous assumption was 10% damage increase at lower MP levels. Since this is the official chart, I can now confirm that as a monk my survivability is lower than 1.0.4 even at MP1. MP1!!!

And that's without factoring in the enchantress nerf and not being able to dodge reflect damage.

Blizzard hired a bunch of math genius.

Don't forget that regular MP0 had a big big nerf compared to 1.04. People were saying that incoming damage is similar in MP4 - MP 5 to 1.04 incoming damage.

I started up the game just now and none of my abilities, save my primary and Blinding Flash worked

No Serenity, Mantra, SW, nothing

Monk nerf going deeper?

I love monk but at this point it's just noth worth it to engage in Monks anymore.

Nerf everywhere to a class that is underpowered and incredibly skimmed

Vodh

So what's the final number on the damage reduction for monster power 0? Because, you know, that would be kind of helpful when determining whether or not your survivability on mp1 is better or worse than in 1.0.4.

Also, is there anyone besides DH who's actually better off on mp1 in 1.0.5 after factoring in the defense nerfs compared to 1.0.4? Because from what I remember they messed with the numbers so that Wizard and Barb would be marginally better off on MP0, but I guess on MP1 pretty much everyone has worse surbivability.

From what I'm hearing from the monks in this thread it would seem that they've been castrated, but honestly? Sounds a bit like overreacting... (that's not to say the class as it is would be able to compete with barbs on MP10, just that to me it doesn't seem like they're in a particularly worse spot in 1.0.5 compared to where they are in 1.0.4)

Cipherr

I started up the game just now and none of my abilities, save my primary and Blinding Flash worked

No Serenity, Mantra, SW, nothing

Monk nerf going deeper?

Are you sure your keybinding didnt reset? That happened to me when I booted the game today for some reason. A bunch of my keybinds were defaulted. I closed the game and reopened it, and all was back to normal. Weird.

I'm still gonna stick to my monkette. I enjoy it a lot :)

And no, I don't have the chart for damage nerf. If you're really concerned about it, you can google it up as well :) If I find it along the battle.net boards I'll post it over here.

linsivvi

Don't forget that regular MP0 had a big big nerf compared to 1.04. People were saying that incoming damage is similar in MP4 - MP 5 to 1.04 incoming damage.

Err how could I have forgotten that? Otherwise everybody would have much less survivability even at MP0. They said 25% less damage so everyone's using that figure to calculate survivability.

Because of the double nerf, monks gain less survivability than other classes at MP0. The thing is, the better your gears are, the more they punish you. I am losing almost 1.4K armor just because of my high dex.

Like I said, nobody on the Diablo team seems to even know how their game works. All they need to do is to make a simple spreadsheet and apply some elementary level maths and they will see how monks are getting a raw deal.

From what I'm hearing from the monks in this thread it would seem that they've been castrated, but honestly? Sounds a bit like overreacting... (that's not to say the class as it is would be able to compete with barbs on MP10, just that to me it doesn't seem like they're in a particularly worse spot in 1.0.5 compared to where they are in 1.0.4)

Sure if you stick to MP0 it'll still be an improvement. If you're okay with seeing people who play classes other than WD with comparable gears can do stuff that you can't, you'll be fine. My choice is simply not to play the game until they fix it.

Are you sure your keybinding didnt reset? That happened to me when I booted the game today for some reason. A bunch of my keybinds were defaulted. I closed the game and reopened it, and all was back to normal. Weird.

Yeah, that was it

Monk is fucked basically

Melee class with armor no better than a DH, just the 30% DR which barbs also get. They're nerfing STI in order to promote build diversity lol

Nice going blizz

Err how could I have forgotten that? Otherwise everybody would have much less survivability even at MP0. They said 25% less damage so everyone's using that figure to calculate survivability.

Because of the double nerf, monks gain less survivability than other classes at MP0. The thing is, the better your gears are, the more they punish you. I am losing almost 1.4K armor just because of my high dex.

Like I said, nobody on the Diablo team seems to even know how their game works. All they need to do is to make a simple spreadsheet and apply some elementary level maths and they will see how monks are getting a raw deal.

Sure if you stick to MP0 it'll still be an improvement. If you're okay with seeing people who play classes other than WD with comparable gears can do stuff that you can't, you'll be fine. My choice is simply not to play the game until they fix it.

I get it, the monk nerf isn't great. Trust me, I've been to battle.net monk forums and everybody's picture is really grim.

At the same time, I don't really care, I just enjoy playing the monk. I do think right now I kill stuff way too fast and I could probably take more hits and the game could be more challenging to me.

Let's see how it goes :) i'm excited to see how MP will affect the game. I'll be more excited when Monks finally get a boost in the game.

Vicros

So I'm running with five stacks on monster level 10 and the results are pretty awesome. I found two set items in the last ten minutes. Clumps of 3300+ gold everywhere.

Still not time efficient for leveling, but the drops are a lot of fun.

Here's a pic of stats with bonuses.

481% GF
465% MF
265.8 Bonus xp

Talaysen

So I'm running with five stacks on monster level 10 and the results are pretty awesome. I found two set items in the last ten minutes. Clumps of 3300+ gold everywhere.

481% GF
465% MF
265.8 Bonus xp

So is it true that every enemy drops at least one item at MP10?

syllogism

Bonus item as in a chance to get a second item (or gold, tome, potion) whenever one drops. I think only drops from white mobs are affected too.

Xamdou

481% GF
465% MF
265.8 Bonus xp

That sounds promising... i think I will check PTR for sure.

Celegus

New patch can't come soon enough... I'm moving on the 27th, so I wouldn't really have time to play if it comes out that week.

I was getting killed left and right as my wizard and barbarian for some reason last night, and right as I was about to quit an orange ring dropped and I got a shiny new upgrade for my barb (oculus ring). The game really knows when you're about to stop playing. Bigbrotherblizz.

Wtf.

I'm playing the game and out of nowhere it says "The game was terminated." and my game is closed and I'm DC'ed.

Yesterday there was some error with my character loading up or whatever.

What the hell :/ lost all my stacks.

Installed PTR and did a quick act 1 run at MP3

Found my first set item not even half way in lol

1Mlk5.jpg

Considering the circumstances I found it under, the flavour text seems incredibly apt

So I finally broke my shitty streak of a week without a legendary , two handed axe, Skorn?!

Nope ANOTHER FUCKING MEESLYSHITTER AXE. Worse than the last one!!!! Fuck you !

Also I was trying the D3 loot server thinger. I did get it on a lower even # server.

Wolfie5

Installed PTR and did a quick act 1 run at MP3

Found my first set item not even half way in lol

1Mlk5.jpg

Considering the circumstances I found it under, the flavour text seems incredibly apt

I have one that is similar in stats. Was worth 1,5m - 2m last time I checked. I use it as part of my MF gear.

Edit:
Just noticed yours had 12% movement speed. Think mine was only 6%(legacy item).

So I finally broke my shitty streak of a week without a legendary , two handed axe, Skorn?!

Nope ANOTHER FUCKING MEESLYSHITTER AXE. Worse than the last one!!!! Fuck you !

Also I was trying the D3 loot server thinger. I did get it on a lower even # server.

Same thing for me this morning. The typical thing for me is if there are two legendaries of the same type, but one is crap, I'll get the crap one.

I'm actually not even sure, do legendaries themselves have a drop rate of their own? For example for every one Skorn, 73 million messershmitt's fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom