• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of this morning. I see an orange shoulder dropping on the floor and instantly get pumped: SCORE!!!! VILE WARD!!!!

It was some shitty ass i58 legendary =I

I literally haven't found anything worthy in about 3-4 days =O not even a rare worth more than 200k.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
All these posts about not finding legendaries in "the last week" or "3-4 days" just make me SMH. I have found two post 1.0.4 (and one was just made into mats). That is at p31 with average of 290MF and always act3. Feels like I must be doing something incredibly wrong if other people complain if they haven't seen one in a few runs.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
All these posts about not finding legendaries in "the last week" or "3-4 days" just make me SMH. I have found two post 1.0.4 (and one was just made into mats). That is at p31 with average of 290MF and always act3. Feels like I must be doing something incredibly wrong if other people complain if they haven't seen one in a few runs.

Certainly not as bad as you, but I've also only found 2 since then 1 within the first few days and 1 yesterday. Except I'm only P20.

M.D

Reminds me of this morning. I see an orange shoulder dropping on the floor and instantly get pumped: SCORE!!!! VILE WARD!!!!

It was some shitty ass i58 legendary =I

I literally haven't found anything worthy in about 3-4 days =O not even a rare worth more than 200k.

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday
Got those i58 shoulders within seconds of playing and I was so happy at first :(

Vodh

I did a test, fired up a random server game, killed an elite and got shit. Then I fired up a 78 server and the elite dropped 2 yellows, one ilvl 63. My test proves it works.

I did a test, fired up a random server game, killed an elite and got shit. Then I fired up a 78 server and the elite dropped 2 yellows, one ilvl 63. My test proves it works.

Yes but you really have nothing to lose if it works that's great but if it doesn't does it really matter?

Talaysen

Same thing for me this morning. The typical thing for me is if there are two legendaries of the same type, but one is crap, I'll get the crap one.

I'm actually not even sure, do legendaries themselves have a drop rate of their own? For example for every one Skorn, 73 million messershmitt's fall?

I don't think legendaries have their own drop rates, they just follow the rates of the base items.

larvi

A pretty nice Andriel's dropped for me this evening:
av.png

The funny thing is that I had lost out on an auction for an AV earlier in the day, it had more dex but also more fire damage and didn't have the allres so all in all this one is better so glad I got outbid.

Then as I was taking the new helm for a test run this dropped:

it.png

First green since 1.04, over 40 plvls, hopefully I've opened the door for more set items now.

In case anyone didn't know, with items rolling according to monster level, all armour pieces are worth picking up since they can get max rolls past MP0

Does this game really run better on USB? In SP I only get lag during the first few minutes of a game but it kills me and pises me off. Online I get some lag when the group is mostly spell casters...

larvi

I tried running from a ram drive which should be much faster than USB and didn't notice a huge difference, it wasn't worth the extra effort to set it up after every reboot. It did help with that initial slowdown though.

I got bored and decided to throw some cheap gear on my WD which I haven't played since 1.0.3. Jesus, the WD buff was amazing! I tossed on a ton of pickup radius gear, putting me at 47. I coupled that with Gruesome Feast and Grave Injustice, and my WD is pretty much unstoppable. I wish I had the gold I invested in my DH for my WD so I can get some better gear. :(

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/2256620

I hope you don'y consider a witching hour belt part of your "ton of cheap gear" and just transfered gear from your DH =I

But yeah, WDs are bad ass.

Revoh

Guys, check your Paypal account.
Blizzard made a mistake and sent free money to a bunch of people

I woke up, checked my account and boom:
L7ior.png

GLORIOUS

Had the worst session just now. I'm mad as fuck

Got hit by an arcane sentry half a screen length away, WW ticks weren't registering so no life or fury, teleporting fireballs, couldn't draw paths for myself and kept hitting enemies that weren't actually where I was clicking

Ugh

Cipherr

Does this game really run better on USB? In SP I only get lag during the first few minutes of a game but it kills me and pises me off. Online I get some lag when the group is mostly spell casters...

I'm playing it on a fast SSD, have tons of ram etc and it still does its little signature chug early in a gaming session. It clears completely after that first session, but still. Its definitely the game and not our hardware causing it.

syllogism

Guys, check your Paypal account.
Blizzard made a mistake and sent free money to a bunch of people

I woke up, checked my account and boom:
L7ior.png

GLORIOUS
I'm guessing these will get chargebacked/reversed. Probably shouldn't touch the money as that would be theft

kennah

I'm going to install LootAlert and have Barney Stinson saying "legendary!" for legendary items and"Wait for it" for level 63s.

M.D

So... are these worth a lot?

TQBR4.jpg

I found these not so long ago and I'm currently using them. Gave me a nice 2K DPS boost, but I could easily do without 'em. I never thought they were worth much.

It seems that the magic find is what people are after, as the ones without it are not selling for a lot, but I just saw one without main stats and only magic find with a 33M bid and a 225M buyout

I guess I should put these on sale then? What price should I start at?

Edit: Actually, the one with the 33M bid has 68 INT but no all resist , and it has a 6 crit chance. I guess that's why the bids are so high? Although 6 crit is kinda low

Edit 2: Looks like a lot of people are looking for that crit chance, but there are ones without that are also selling. Whatever, just gonna put it on and try my luck. hopefully someones people will want them.

Skorn. Fuck yeah. No idea if it's a good roll, but fuck yeah.

Edit:
What's going on ? Another legendary. Frostbrand gauntlets ? No idea if good, but happy either way.

Edit 2:
Any idea what I can get for this (far from good) roll ?

do42I.png

+311 STR
+146% Crit Damage
99.7% Chance for 6455-12824 bleeding damage over 5 secs
4% higher crit chance for Seismic Slam

30-50M? No idea, but that's around what I'd pay for it, I guess.

As for the bracers, 6% critical is the highest you can get on bracer. 70 int, 6% critical and 9% IAS is godly for a bracers. :B

As for your bracers, you'll probably be able to sell it but I wouldn't count on getting too much.

6 crit chance on bracers is highest it goes I believe. Unless some legendary pushes it past that. If lacunis have 6 crit chance thats why they are worth a lot! In fact that would be a huge upgrade for me.

6 crit chance on bracers is highest it goes I believe. Unless some legendary pushes it past that. If lacunis have 6 crit chance thats why they are worth a lot! In fact that would be a huge upgrade for me.

Yes, it's the top. 6% critical + 9 IAS + 70 plus main stat is glorious.

Got a decent Thing of the Deep.

334 top damage and 5% damage to elites, only one with damage to elites with nice damage.

Popped it up for 30ish mil no buyout, let's see what happens.

So... are these worth a lot?

TQBR4.jpg

I found these not so long ago and I'm currently using them. Gave me a nice 2K DPS boost, but I could easily do without 'em. I never thought they were worth much.

It seems that the magic find is what people are after, as the ones without it are not selling for a lot, but I just saw one without main stats and only magic find with a 33M bid and a 225M buyout

I guess I should put these on sale then? What price should I start at?

Edit: Actually, the one with the 33M bid has 68 INT but no all resist , and it has a 6 crit chance. I guess that's why the bids are so high? Although 6 crit is kinda low

Edit 2: Looks like a lot of people are looking for that crit chance, but there are ones without that are also selling. Whatever, just gonna put it on and try my luck. hopefully someones people will want them.

Actually, Lacuni Brawlers with attack speed and crit chance are highly sough after, and I believe that will be my next upgrade so I can finally brake the 100k barrier while maintaining 600+ res and decent armor

Mystery

Got a decent Thing of the Deep.

334 top damage and 5% damage to elites, only one with damage to elites with nice damage.

Popped it up for 30ish mil no buyout, let's see what happens.

Elite Damage isn't really a sought after affix on WD offhands. Usually you're looking for good Int, crit, vit, or max mana/mana regen.

Shouta

Thing of the Deep comes standard with all those but Vit.

Yep. If you're using single-hand weapons then high damage off-hands is a must to keep your DPS high. Thing of the Deep has that in spades really. It's not quite as insane as some pieces you can get but it's still ridiculously good.

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, October 16th. Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and is expected to last for 8 hours. During this time, all servers and many web services will be unavailable.

Could this be it?

Oh god. 1.05 coming? I must play as much as I can before then, then!

I found a crappy legendary bow today. 899 dps, 1hand, no sock, 500 LoH and 200 120 dex :/

Wish it could have been a danetta's instead -.-

Celegus

Oh god. 1.05 coming? I must play as much as I can before then, then!

I found a crappy legendary bow today. 899 dps, 1hand, no sock, 500 LoH and 200 120 dex :/

Wish it could have been a danetta's instead -.-

Er... why before? I'm hardly playing at all until it comes out.

I was hoping someone could help me out with some advice. I have a demon hunter and have been slowly progressing my way through inferno but have now hit a wall in act 3. I am just getting slaughtered with my current setup and am at a loss as to how to change the situation.

This is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MichaelTMiel-1809/hero/6971006

I have just over 2 million and that is my characters entire life savings. It seems that in order to upgrade further and get some serious gear on the AH I will need to spend some serious money, well beyond what I have been able to save the entire game. So right now I feel stuck. I can only comfortably farm act 1 and 2, and after spending my entire Saturday today doing just that (ran through act 2 three times) I didn't find a single item I could use or sell. I think all said and done I made 300k today, but I blew my entire day into it. If I try to do act 3 I die too often and end up losing money. I am really hoping that the only solution is not to spend weeks slowly grinding for cash until I have enough for some good AH loot. I really started to get bored of the grind today.

I would appreceiate any advice you guys would have for me. Optimally id like to shoot for a high crit chance gear setup as that sounds fun. I've also been mainly playing solo, as I don't have may friends that play this. I would love to play with some gaffers, it would be a lot more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom