• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping someone could help me out with some advice. I have a demon hunter and have been slowly progressing my way through inferno but have now hit a wall in act 3. I am just getting slaughtered with my current setup and am at a loss as to how to change the situation.

This is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MichaelTMiel-1809/hero/6971006

I have just over 2 million and that is my characters entire life savings. It seems that in order to upgrade further and get some serious gear on the AH I will need to spend some serious money, well beyond what I have been able to save the entire game. So right now I feel stuck. I can only comfortably farm act 1 and 2, and after spending my entire Saturday today doing just that (ran through act 2 three times) I didn't find a single item I could use or sell. I think all said and done I made 300k today, but I blew my entire day into it. If I try to do act 3 I die too often and end up losing money. I am really hoping that the only solution is not to spend weeks slowly grinding for cash until I have enough for some good AH loot. I really started to get bored of the grind today.

I would appreceiate any advice you guys would have for me. Optimally id like to shoot for a high crit chance gear setup as that sounds fun. I've also been mainly playing solo, as I don't have may friends that play this. I would love to play with some gaffers, it would be a lot more fun.
Typically you are more likely to find an item that's useful for another character type or simply just not an upgrade. The AH is great and I think with that 2 million you should be able to find some good upgrades. Keep in mind that you aren't looking for the absolute best items, but you do want the best value for your money. I find with the extra 6 parameters it really helps and on top of that you can even enter the max buyout for further refinement.

Some immediate suggestions:
Look for some items with all resist on them. Overall your resistance isn't the best and although your armor/life are good, you still need some resists to go along with it. Some good candidates would be your shoulders, belt and pants.

Find a helmet with a socket. You can socket it with a life gem if you want, though most people put a ruby for faster experience which means more paragon for mf/gf/plus the stats.

I'd say switch to Vault with Trail of Cinders. It's getting nerfed, but it'll still be a good skill over the tumble as it does damage while you are moving away from the enemy.

The biggest increase to your DPS will come through your bow. Try and spend what you can on an improved one.

Act 3 takes some getting used to regardless. You need to be ready to pop gloom when you need it and just keep an eye out for various enemy throwing stuff at you!

Revoh

Reached level 50 & hell on my hardcore barbarian. My gear sucks even for act 1 hell, I can slowly progress but it's too risky and I don't want to die so tomorrow I will farm on nightmare lol, that should be super fun T_T

Duress

So is there anything that's actually cold damage? I know there's the frozen property for elite and champion packs, but that's more crowd control.

Cipherr

So is there anything that's actually cold damage? I know there's the frozen property for elite and champion packs, but that's more crowd control.

The frozen affix does damage on detonation I believe also. Theres the freeze on that Act 4 boss, but thats not saying much.... Hmm...

Rufus

ioDzHDJK6maiG.jpg

Sold for 50m. Could possibly have gotten more, but I now have more gold than ever before, so fuck it.

Thank you, XCOM for making me farm while you were pre-loading. (Good game, btw.)

syllogism

would they really even come after you over 200 bucks though? does blizzard have that kind of time? I'm not spending it, just curious.
They can just chargeback all the erroneous transactions. It doesn't matter if the "money" isn't on the account anymore

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Lol love the RNG in this game..went from paragon level 60-65 without a set piece. Suddenly 3 set pieces within 2 bars of paragon level 65. 2 subpar Blackthornes and worthless inna's weapon

ioDzHDJK6maiG.jpg

Sold for 50m. Could possibly have gotten more, but I now have more gold than ever before, so fuck it.

Thank you, XCOM for making me farm while you were pre-loading. (Good game, btw.)

50M for that weapon? Seems like you got lucky IMO ={ but good for you ^^ it's nice to be rich for a change, lol.

Reached level 50 & hell on my hardcore barbarian. My gear sucks even for act 1 hell, I can slowly progress but it's too risky and I don't want to die so tomorrow I will farm on nightmare lol, that should be super fun T_T

Farm act one for gold and gear and xp. Use and abuse of ah. Get as much health and armor as possible and boots with movement speed is mandatory

Revoh

Farm act one for gold and gear and xp. Use and abuse of ah. Get as much health and armor as possible and boots with movement speed is mandatory

I had about 100k gold and bought 3 pieces of Cain's set. That helped a lot, I'm at level 52 now :D
I'm doing Act 3 runs atm but I guess I won't play hardcore today, my internet is fucking around, got DC'd once, and just recently almost died to fallen maniacs after rubberbanding like crazy.

Rufus

50M for that weapon? Seems like you got lucky IMO ={ but good for you ^^ it's nice to be rich for a change, lol.
I was surprised by the prices similar weapons were, myself, so I went with a 5m bid, 50m buyout, not wanting to think too much about it. Had a bid within two minutes, then another shortly after. Didn't expect someone to buy it out.
This is on EU, btw. I guess on US this kind of weapon is more common.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I was hoping someone could help me out with some advice. I have a demon hunter and have been slowly progressing my way through inferno but have now hit a wall in act 3. I am just getting slaughtered with my current setup and am at a loss as to how to change the situation.

This is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MichaelTMiel-1809/hero/6971006

I have just over 2 million and that is my characters entire life savings. It seems that in order to upgrade further and get some serious gear on the AH I will need to spend some serious money, well beyond what I have been able to save the entire game. So right now I feel stuck. I can only comfortably farm act 1 and 2, and after spending my entire Saturday today doing just that (ran through act 2 three times) I didn't find a single item I could use or sell. I think all said and done I made 300k today, but I blew my entire day into it. If I try to do act 3 I die too often and end up losing money. I am really hoping that the only solution is not to spend weeks slowly grinding for cash until I have enough for some good AH loot. I really started to get bored of the grind today.

I would appreceiate any advice you guys would have for me. Optimally id like to shoot for a high crit chance gear setup as that sounds fun. I've also been mainly playing solo, as I don't have may friends that play this. I would love to play with some gaffers, it would be a lot more fun.

You'll have more luck with Act 3 in 1.0.5, mobs will have about half the HP.

Vodh

So how do you think is the AH going to look for the first few days after the patch hits?

My take on it is that there are people who have been hoarding some money for the items that will inevitably get cheaper after the patch hits. Because some of those people don't really know much about prices, 1.0.5 will be their cue to buy - we'll see some items that refused to move actually selling, This, however, will only last for a few hours, not long enough to make the prices actually rise. And then the better droprates and Monster Power mf coupled with increased number of players will kick in, the impulse-buyin hoarders will run out of money and the ones who actually want a really good offer will still hold onto their money, so after those first few hours of stickyness we'll see a relatively quick decline in prices. This will last until the prices reach a point where they will seem like a good deal to those who have been saving for 1.0.5 market crash, so the prices will go up a tiny bit and then pretty much continue on the current trend (top rolls going up, anything less going down, but slowly).

Really expensive items will decline in price more slowly and might not see the initial influx of uninformed buyers with savings.

So how do you think is the AH going to look for the first few days after the patch hits?

My take on it is that there are people who have been hoarding some money for the items that will inevitably get cheaper after the patch hits. Because some of those people don't really know much about prices, 1.0.5 will be their cue to buy - we'll see some items that refused to move actually selling, This, however, will only last for a few hours, not long enough to make the prices actually rise. And then the better droprates and Monster Power mf coupled with increased number of players will kick in, the impulse-buyin hoarders will run out of money and the ones who actually want a really good offer will still hold onto their money, so after those first few hours of stickyness we'll see a relatively quick decline in prices. This will last until the prices reach a point where they will seem like a good deal to those who have been saving for 1.0.5 market crash, so the prices will go up a tiny bit and then pretty much continue on the current trend (top rolls going up, anything less going down, but slowly).

Really expensive items will decline in price more slowly and might not see the initial influx of uninformed buyers with savings.

I disagree. Prices are going to go up for a week or so, including buying/selling gold with the RMAH. Once the casuals go away because they are bored with the game, then the prices should drop again.

I disagree. Prices are going to go up for a week or so, including buying/selling gold with the RMAH. Once the casuals go away because they are bored with the game, then the prices should drop again.

Its the casuals coming and increasing the population that will decrease prices as the ah is flooded...

Theres people who dont know what top rolls are and people who do. As more and more people come back, more and more less than top rolls will sell, as the drop rate goes up more and more perfect rolls will exist. Prices will go down. On everything.

M.D

TQBR4.jpg

Put these with a starting bid of 5 million and came home to see I already have an offer... I hope it sells for more, but even if it sells for 5 million, I will have more money than I ever had (around 10 million).

I'll probably use it to gear my DH when I get him to 60
I have 2 items on my WD that could each sell for at least a couple of millions, maybe I'll sell them to afford better gear for the DH
The thought of paragon leveling..... ahhhhhhh make this shit account based blizzard, you know you have to

God damnit. It's been tough. Last decent item I dropped was probably Sunday last week which sold for about 2m.

I've made about 12m this last week by just collecting gold and selling 100k stuff =I i really need a good drop to refill that pleasure part of the brain that keeps me playing the game :<

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Theres people who dont know what top rolls are and people who do. As more and more people come back, more and more less than top rolls will sell, as the drop rate goes up more and more perfect rolls will exist. Prices will go down. On everything.

In the short term, prices will go up. Demand will be at its peak the moment the patch goes live, whereas supply will take a while to increase.

In the short term, prices will go up. Demand will be at its peak the moment the patch goes live, whereas supply will take a while to increase.

Yep, that's what I think too.

But then again, who knows :p

I just hope we have a steadier stream of players. I have no idea how many people are playing Diablo 3 now, but today the number of people online on my list was abysmal.

Xamdou

Found this yesterday:

VanguardDedial.jpg

Put it up on Gold Auction house and it's already at 30mil with 21 hours left~

Barbarians sure are a rich bunch.

Found this yesterday:

VanguardDedial.jpg

Put it up on Gold Auction house and it's already at 30mil with 21 hours left~

Barbarians sure are a rich bunch.

The funny thing is, these are good pants, but they are not even that great. They give 3 main stats but no IAS, no Life %, no movement speed, no critical, nothing. Just 3 main stats.

But then again, I'm happy you're managing to get a good bunch of gold from it! Should net you 50m+ easily.

IlludiumQ36

The funny thing is, these are good pants, but they are not even that great. They give 3 main stats but no IAS, no Life %, no movement speed, no critical, nothing. Just 3 main stats.

But then again, I'm happy you're managing to get a good bunch of gold from it! Should net you 50m+ easily.

Nothing funny about it. Short of a set item or Legendary,those are excellent Barb pants.

larvi

Just found some Nat's boots, first nat item I've found. Unfortunately it didn't get a good dex roll so it's not an upgrade for my DH unless I find/buy some of the other pieces of the set.

SeigO

Banned
So can any class besides Barbs clear MP6+ at a reasonable/safe pace?

Heres my stats http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seig-1365/hero/2235566
And I have a few hundred million to spend, but I don't see how I can improve my character to handle it. I just don't have the sustain or survivability to handle elite packs and my pets die really quick

For me MP4 seems ideal, normal mobs melt and elites go down pretty quick.

What pants are you thinking about that have strength on them?

And I have a few hundred million to spend, but I don't see how I can improve my character to handle it. I just don't have the sustain or survivability to handle elite packs and my pets die really quick.
The hardest difficulty I did with my DH was MP4 and I didn't think it was too brutal and I've made some gear improvements since.

Seconded on the nice gear though. I've got an intelligence rolled Witching Hour like yours on the AH now so hopefully it nets me a few gold so I can put it towards other upgrades.

larvi

Just found my 1st Manticore, got excited for a moment. But when I tried it out I lose over 25K dps and LoH from my current yellow xbow so it's not a keeper. I should be able to get a a few mil from the AH though.

It's insane how cheap designs are right now. My best drop of the day was a Radiant Star Ametyst, so I went to sell it on the AH and the price for is only _1m_! I paid about 6m some 5 months ago during the height of 1.03! Crazy.

Oh well, 1M is better than 0M so I'll just leave at that. I think with the designs coming up in yellow instead of blue, prices are probably gonna drop even lower except for ruby and emerald off course, so I'm not gonna hold to it.

I'm going to bed lol after more than 100M exp today and the best drop being a design, i'll just call it a night :p

HenryHSH

It's insane how cheap designs are right now. My best drop of the day was a Radiant Star Ametyst, so I went to sell it on the AH and the price for is only _1m_! I paid about 6m some 5 months ago during the height of 1.03! Crazy.

Oh well, 1M is better than 0M so I'll just leave at that. I think with the designs coming up in yellow instead of blue, prices are probably gonna drop even lower except for ruby and emerald off course, so I'm not gonna hold to it.

I'm going to bed lol after more than 100M exp today and the best drop being a design, i'll just call it a night :p

I was making insane profits (few Ms a day) selling emeralds some time ago.
Now that the market is flooded, and there's way more supply than demand, they're actually selling for less than crafting cost. If you have all the materials required, it will cost you more to pay for crafting than it would buying off the AH. lol. :[

Wolfie5

And I have a few hundred million to spend, but I don't see how I can improve my character to handle it. I just don't have the sustain or survivability to handle elite packs and my pets die really quick

Wow, you have some great gear, wish I had half of what you have. Your dmg is really high, though I wonder how much all res you have? And your vit should be higher. If you want better survivability for you and your pets, you need to sacrifice some dmg for better vit and res. Maybe your res is good enough but try at least to have 40k life and see how it works.

Thought about improving your gems quality at least? They seem a bit on the low side considering your gear. Maybe put a vit gem in pants or armor instead of int.
Same for helm, how about a life% gem there instead of exp gem?

As a future upgrade, you might want to consider skorn with life steal instead.

V_Arnold

As awesome as your gear is, you neglected that all resist a bit too much for at least 4-5 slots where it should be present, imho.

Vodh

If I'm correct you have about 460 allres now. You might want to try and pick a piece of your gear without allres and put some 70+ allres piece in that slot. Also, consider replacing 2-4 topazes with radiant star amethysts since you're so rich, a little res and some hp should make a world of difference. Especially since with your +Life% items a point of vit gives you probably something like 46-47hp instead of 35.

mlaz14

Found 3 legendaries in like 5 minutes at the last part of a run earlier. An Empyrean Messenger, Strongarm Bracers, and IK Boots. Then next run find a Three Hundredth Spear.

I wound up giving the Loot Alert app a try and I've got to say I *really* like it. it really speeds up my runs because I don't spend as much time reading what has fallen and when I'm using Vault with Trail of Cinders it helps me know if something good fell off screen without having to backtrack.

Another change I did was modifying my Act 3 runs to be like Alkhaizer's. It's a very efficient run and nets me a lot of XP in a pretty short amount of time.

neoism

so anyone think Exquisite Essences I have a bunch of shit to get rid of....you think they will got up for the patch...they went down to 600 one time...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom