• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Demon Hunter GAF, is this any good to put on on the AH? maybe for DH on a budget or is it vendor trash? I am Monk an fairly clueless about other classes, I looked for similar stats on the AH but it only showed up Manticores, and I know this ain't no Manticore.

screenshot002adqk1.jpg

Hey Demon Hunter GAF, is this any good to put on on the AH? maybe for DH on a budget or is it vendor trash? I am Monk an fairly clueless about other classes, I looked for similar stats on the AH but it only showed up Manticores, and I know this ain't no Manticore.

screenshot002adqk1.jpg

You are missing crit dmg.

It can't be worth more than a couple millions

Celegus

so anyone think Exquisite Essences I have a bunch of shit to get rid of....you think they will got up for the patch...they went down to 600 one time...?

I always put the price in at 1100 or 1200 and they still sell pretty quick. Don't just go by what it wants you to sell them for.

Cipherr

I'm thinking it might be time to cave in and gear my barbarian.

I absolutely refuse. Screw blizzard. Every class needs to be as well rounded as Barbs man. Im waiting it out. Although I cannot complain all that much seeing as this upcoming patch does alot for DH, but still...

Is there an alternative to WW build in effectiveness? Not necessarily speed

I'm coming to realize that the play style doesn't really work with across the Pacific ping. Into the fray doesn't proc when enemies are chilling out on 3 stacks of tornadoes at times. Don't get any life back either

Cipherr

So I finally hit the test server. Man SO good. A tanking pet, so extremely useful man and it helps my survivability alot. Stack on the absolutely hilarious nerf on inferno and its a cakewalk doing public games now. Can carve through Act 3 blind folded. Public games are going to be pretty funny post patch. Noone will loot blues, the rares are falling from trees since you kill stuff so fast.

Loot is noticably better also. All those people who dont want to buy from the AH will have a much cleaner path to advance now. I had multiple multiple inventories full of rares extremely fast. Nothing below 58 anymore and lower level items even seemed to roll great rolls sometimes.

Theres also alot of tiny changes that make things better. For example, when identifying an item your hands glow yellow and not blue (which looked like a town portal). I didnt try Monster level yet. Ill wait till its live. I didnt even know where to go to toggle it TBH.

Kinda assholeish for me to say this, but the disappointment is going to be pretty funny if this is patch doesn't hit tomorrow.

I'll try to get Paragon 47 by the end of today, I`m currently at 3 bars left from 46 =(

I think they would have already announced the patch if it would hit tomorrow, chances of a patch tomorrow are decreasing rapidly as the time goes by.

I didnt try Monster level yet. Ill wait till its live. I didnt even know where to go to toggle it TBH.
I had to ask in the general chat when I tried it out. It's in the gameplay settings in the same place where "Elective Mode" is and is off by default. You'd think they would have learned their lesson or maybe they just like to make things difficult.

so anyone think Exquisite Essences I have a bunch of shit to get rid of....you think they will got up for the patch...they went down to 600 one time...?

Yea I noticed you gave me some the other day, they do go for 1000, but you can also save em up and eventually try your luck crafting if you ever up your blacksmith.

I think I just had tons of crafting material so I tried like ten belts.

Also OK so Ive been thinking theres all these people who report logging in and instantly finding a Legendary, its happened to me a few times and it just happened, my first elite pack I killed dropped one. Theres gotta be something to that. My thinking is that the 'forced' rare messes up whatever the natural drop would be so you end up getting less legendaries after you hit 5 stacks.

SeigO

Banned
If I'm correct you have about 460 allres now. You might want to try and pick a piece of your gear without allres and put some 70+ allres piece in that slot. Also, consider replacing 2-4 topazes with radiant star amethysts since you're so rich, a little res and some hp should make a world of difference. Especially since with your +Life% items a point of vit gives you probably something like 46-47hp instead of 35.
Thanks I actually have 600ish AR though, and close to 700 when I swap my pants out. I might swap some vit gems in though that's not a bad idea.

turnbuckle

I think they would have already announced the patch if it would hit tomorrow, chances of a patch tomorrow are decreasing rapidly as the time goes by.

I could be misremembering, but didn't we get the same kind of short notice on 1.04? I believe we knew about the "maintenance" before the patch dropped, but it was only a couple of days before that the maintenance was announced.

I'd bet 10 gold that it's coming tomorrow.

Talaysen

Also OK so Ive been thinking theres all these people who report logging in and instantly finding a Legendary, its happened to me a few times and it just happened, my first elite pack I killed dropped one. Theres gotta be something to that. My thinking is that the 'forced' rare messes up whatever the natural drop would be so you end up getting less legendaries after you hit 5 stacks.

The forced rare is just an extra item that drops. It can also roll as legendary anyway. But the chance of it rolling legendary is still the same as any other drop, so it doesn't really help out a lot there.

So no, you don't get less legendaries at 5 stacks, but you also don't have that much increased chance of legendaries either. Just whatever you get from NV MF and an extra chance per elite.

turnbuckle

Is there an alternative to WW build in effectiveness? Not necessarily speed

I'm coming to realize that the play style doesn't really work with across the Pacific ping. Into the fray doesn't proc when enemies are chilling out on 3 stacks of tornadoes at times. Don't get any life back either

Well, there's currently a 20% chance for it to proc. I'm noticing as I get stronger I'm getting less fury and life from my tornadoes because it's taking fewer hits to kill trash. Perhaps some of what you're experiencing is that? It can sometimes seem a bit streaky too, where I'll have low fury and life and then I'll spike. My ping usually sits around 90-110 ms. Perhaps that's bad too and I just didn't realize :p

Gonna be a rougher go with the patch since the proc will drop down to 8% on our tornadoes.

As for your original question - I use a rend barb. This is my build, I'm sure it's suboptimal but it's working well enough for me atm to not mess with it too much.

Zangief

I'd ideally like to get to a point where I can switch my rune on rend to one that increase radius or damage, but atm the life I get from rend works as a great potion and offsets the low LoH I'm getting from my offhand weapon.

turnbuckle

The forced rare is just an extra item that drops. It can also roll as legendary anyway. But the chance of it rolling legendary is still the same as any other drop, so it doesn't really help out a lot there.

So no, you don't get less legendaries at 5 stacks, but you also don't have that much increased chance of legendaries either. Just whatever you get from NV MF and an extra chance per elite.

I'd say it's a pretty significant increase in chance with 5 stacks versus none, but that the rate in general is so low that "significant" doesn't feel so significant. I think the difference is gonna be more pronounced now that the drop rate on legendaries is doubled and each level of monster power gives an additional chance to drop an additional item. At MP10 there's a 100% chance of getting a bonus drop. This bonus only triggers if the enemy dropped loot in the first place, but for elites/champs/bosses it basically means you'd get double items at MP10. Unless I'm not understanding it correctly.

I'm probably going to do coop with my roomie on MP2 and see how that goes. We first really tried doing coop yesterday (we used to coop before paragon, but up until this point it's been more efficient for each of us to fly solo). In the first 3-4 hours of us teaming up I got 2 set items, which is exactly how many set items I had drop in the previous 200-300 hours of play.

Celegus

In the first 3-4 hours of us teaming up I got 2 set items, which is exactly how many set items I had drop in the previous 200-300 hours of play.

This sounds fantastic. I'd rather play the game and get fun goodies to try out than just playing in the AH all the time.

turnbuckle

This sounds fantastic. I'd rather play the game and get fun goodies to try out than just playing in the AH all the time.

One was a bul-kathos weapon without a socket :( The cheapest one I saw on the ah with a socket was 130m, the cheapest without was 1.5 m lol.

The other was a litany of something or other which I promptly sold for 40m. I could've gotten more but was worried about the patch making it lose value quickly as future rolls on it have the potential to be better.

Sitting at 110m now. Hoping for a spike in gold prices :p

mackaveli

Yup, I hope that this helps get set items and uniques in normal to hell modes because I want to play new characters and not use the AH but use MF runs to help support my new characters.

I hate using the AH to find items thats what I loved about D2 was trying to find items doing MF runs and the occasional trades.

I don't know why you can't create games like in D2 to trade items etc.,

So annoying.

Revoh

They should have posted a blog post about the patch by now... please Blizzard, release it tomorrow, can't farm on 1.0.4 anymore

M.D

I've been playing a WD for almost 200 hours and I'm switching to a DH in the near future and I'd like to know some things...

What are the most important stats for a DH? DEX is an obvious one, but just how important is attack speed? also, how much resistances should I aim for? I figure VIT/all resist are not as important given how fast you move and you should never stay in the same spot for too long

Is DH gear expensive? I will have 10M (or more if I get better bids on my shoulders) in a couple of hours, and probably more by the time I get my DH to 60

I could also sell at least 3 of my items for at least a couple of millions each

I've been playing a WD for almost 200 hours and I'm switching to a DH in the near future and I'd like to know some things...

What are the most important stats for a DH? DEX is an obvious one, but just how important is attack speed? also, how much resistances should I aim for? I figure VIT/all resist are not as important given how fast you move and you should never stay in the same spot for too long

Is DH gear expensive? I will have 10M (or more if I get better bids on my shoulders) in a couple of hours, and probably more by the time I get my DH to 60

DH gear is the most expensive. The economy is fucked up by players abyssal understanding of a simple buyer/seller rules of market. Monk suffer a lot from this due to the shared main stat that is Dex.

Aim for 35k hp, 400 all res, 3000+ Armor. Basically, enough to not get one shot. Because you will. Also, you'll have to learn how to always move and dodge everything.

Attack speed come in handy in certain build. Hatered spender that requieres you to stay still for attack can be tricky because you pin yourself down. The faster your hatered will go down, the quicker you'll be on the move again. Also, the quicker your hatered will regen eventually.

You'll see once you level the class and learn the fast/slow based builds

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Same story, although 430 hours of witch doctoring ;D

My DH is now 23 and with a cain's set for that swell exp bonus. Got a socketed helm, total 54% exp bonus.

For a demon hunter it's all about crit chance/crit damage, and dex. Also max discipline wherever possible.

You'll want around 35-45 crit chance. Scoundrel buff helps of course. You'll want 300+ crit damage minimum.

Then you just want your dps on your main 2 handed crossbow to be as high as possible with high crit damage AND a socket for extra crit damage. Also as much dex wherever possible of course, but not at the expense of the first 2 things.

Wolfie5

Played a little on PTR again today, tired of waiting for it. MP3 seems to fit me best, might go for MP2 if I want to farm fast.

Checked out the updated AH and I really like the changes.
I like that you can finally reset your searches with the click of a button.
I really like that you can add one more column to use as a filter. First stat you choose will be added as a new column.

Example Average dmg Mojo(finally I can search for dmg in mojos... about time):

A really good addition is when selling your own items, you just right click and search for similar items to find out what it´s worth.

Celegus

One was a bul-kathos weapon without a socket :( The cheapest one I saw on the ah with a socket was 130m, the cheapest without was 1.5 m lol.

The other was a litany of something or other which I promptly sold for 40m. I could've gotten more but was worried about the patch making it lose value quickly as future rolls on it have the potential to be better.

Sitting at 110m now. Hoping for a spike in gold prices :p

Er, didn't you find those on the PTR? Isn't everything that happened in the PTR erased when it's over and the patch comes out?

I dropped blinding flash and replaced it with deadly reach. I was up to 30% movement speed so I dropped fleet footed for combo strike. I'm not sure if I'm more efficient this way yet or not. It's kinda hard to tell when the deadly reach/foresight buff wears off.

Any other monks running running deadly reach foresight just for the buff?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Definity-1145/hero/1675077

I was thinking about doing this very thing. DR > Foresight until the buff and then back to thunderclap. If you cyle it correcty, you should be able to add 24% to damage or around that. I don't remember the hard details.

At least this is what I was planning until I found out we'll be hurting for some survivability in 1.0.5. I'll probably be back to OWE > RESOLVE > STE considering I'll be playing MP level.

Wish I had a lot of gold... well, it´s okey I guess, but nothing like some that has hundreds of millions in gear/gold.

Since we are talking about my profile, anyone want to give me tips on what to improve next?
Seems like what ever I want to upgrade is gonna cost me a lot of money, like everything I got:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/2624442

I have around 25m right now.

Swap your left ring for a bi factor.

neoism

Yea I noticed you gave me some the other day, they do go for 1000, but you can also save em up and eventually try your luck crafting if you ever up your blacksmith.

I think I just had tons of crafting material so I tried like ten belts.

I finally spent some... did like 20 runs in act 1 and go fuckall... even did that ip thing everytime... :/ this game hates me...

So after not finding a legendary in over a month I finally got lootalert.. In the past 24 hours I've found 2...both shit but wow I wonder how many I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom