• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

I think MF and GF is great but actual base stats increase? I'm not sure I agree with that. This has turned from being a pure grinding bonus to a core change to the game's leveling system.

I do not think it is a bad idea at all.
100 levels. It is around 200+ on your main stat with levelup and 200-300 vitality as well.

A lv100 paragon lv60 will have 10k more hp and will stay at 2-3000 dps higher.
It is not going to be upping the character level, if you are thinking about that. Every skill, I assume, will still operate under the assumption that you are lv60.

scy

Everyone talked about it because Kripp talked about it. Just like Res to all got overpriced when Kripp said it was the best stat. And just like gems got patched when Kripp talked about making money of it. And just like [...]

Yes, Kripp is the supreme thinker of all things Diablo III. My bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, Kripp is the supreme thinker of all things Diablo III. My bad.
Yes, and they should hire him. No worries.

Vodh

A system that will allow me to keep progressing, gain MF, GF and stats, will take a lot of time to farm, and in the long run will make MF completely obsolete?

YCSsY.gif

This patch is the best thing ever. I've had pretty damn high expectations for it and I am honestly amazed just how much Blizzard exceeded those expectations.

If they are awarding stat points with Paragon levels, wouldn't that fundamentally change a lot of the systems in the game?

So what is the difference stat wise between lvl 1 and 100 Paragon? anyone know the stat increases from 59 to 60? Just take that number and guess 100x that for final number?

So that says the longer you grind inferno, the easier it gets. And how does this effect PvP in the future (which I think is outright not going to work well in the current system).

Good idea though. Shame that the itemzation stat variety is not (and most likely will not) changed. Almost no gear difference between characters, no matter the skills used.

So what's all this leading to anyway? Playing for gear's sake is all well and good, but will we actually be able to use it for anything other than absolutely dominating the content?

To be honest I'm still a little surprised that I finished Inferno so quickly.

sazzy

So how long in hours did it take to level from 1-99 in D2?

Coz I'm wondering if these paragon levels will reset or carry forward on the expansion.

ElyrionX

I do not think it is a bad idea at all.
100 levels. It is around 200+ on your main stat with levelup and 200-300 vitality as well.

A lv100 paragon lv60 will have 10k more hp and will stay at 2-3000 dps higher.
It is not going to be upping the character level, if you are thinking about that. Every skill, I assume, will still operate under the assumption that you are lv60.

I see. I had forgotten how little stats you gain from leveling though I doubt 250 more of your main stat nets only 3000 dps increase for the average person.

I think MF and GF is great but actual base stats increase? I'm not sure I agree with that. This has turned from being a pure grinding bonus to a core change to the game's leveling system.

Core stat from lvl 1 to 60 are basically one piece of gear.

You get 3 pts of your main stat per level : 60*3 str : 180 str for a barb as base stat... when a lvl 60 should have around 1600 to 2000...

I don't think its broken

syllogism

So what is the difference stat wise between lvl 1 and 100 Paragon? anyone know the stat increases from 59 to 60? Just take that number and guess 100x that for final number?

So that says the longer you grind inferno, the easier it gets. And how does this effect PvP in the future (which I think is outright not going to work well in the current system).

Good idea though. Shame that the itemzation stat variety is not (and most likely will not) changed. Almost no gear difference between characters, no matter the skills used.
90+% of your stats come from your gear even at level 60 and inferno already gets easier the more you grind. Even if paragon levels work in PvP, the difference won't be huge even if the paragon level difference is 100, which it obviously never should be.

Tom Penny

Love the AH updates. Now i can find the 1000 dps weapon with 90+ crit with a socket that ive been looking for without looking at 100 60 crit items with a 40% gem in the socket!!!

Definity

So there is no way in hell they have been working on this patch just a couple weeks right? Surely this stuff has been in the works for a long time, no?

Regardless, I still play on a daily basis but this patch has me excited. I can farm/grind now and eventually get to an increase in MF without MF gear.

V_Arnold

And now I have a few days to decide which character to main to Paragon 100. Fucking decisions....

Wizard, Monk or my soon to be newborn Witch Doctor? Hm..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And now I have a few days to decide which character to main to Paragon 100. Fucking decisions....

Which one do you feel looks most interesting with the 1.0.4 changes?

Yeah. Choose that one.

scy

I see. I had forgotten how little stats you gain from leveling though I doubt 250 more of your main stat nets only 3000 dps increase for the average person.

Depends on what their weapon is, really. Going from 2000 -> 2300 STR on a Barb with a 1000 DPS Weapon is only a 3000 DPS increase before Crit Chance, Crit Damage, passive Damage multipliers, etc. Of course, that's also only a +10% difference to their damage so it's not really that excessive.

Basically, everyone will be getting some small amount of Armor, Dodge, and Resistances along with 35 baseHP and a small amount of Damage (~+.1%) per Paragon level.

Damn didn't think there would be so many paragon levels. And stats boost as well? Pretty nuts all around.

They really are going all out with the next update. Guess I'll stay with my Demon Hunter since I dominate now with her, post patch I should be roflstomping my way to the top. And that's what I want.

Prezhulio

yay, from the sounds of it, i will finally have a reason to go back to my only lvl 60 character (WD) once this hits! maybe i'll even have my wiz to 60 by then.

RivalCore

I'm liking (nearly loving) what I see, but I wish the patch was dropping tomorrow. My summer holidays are over this weekend and I'm back to work as soon as the patch hits. Which is kinda balls!

Okay, I like the Paragon levels thing (which is pretty much sourced to the letter from the community ideas that have been percolating about).

But you know what would have made it an extra step better?

Being able to choose where the stat points went, instead of it being automatic (again.)

Yeah, most people would probably just end up dumping it all into their main stat or vit, but having the option would be nice. Still no word on whether we'll get a ladder system out of this yet, but that may have been too much to hope for right now. With the Paragon Levels incoming, I'm not even going to bother to play until the patch.

scy

Monk was the class I liked the most going into D3 so I'll probably return to her. Unless I get some ridiculous Wizard gear.

...shit, this won't end well for me.

And I promise to update the OP on patch day! Yeah, it's not as important anymore, but I've been slacking. The 1.04 patch will probably bring some people back, and having correct/updated info is important.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Okay, I like the Paragon levels thing (which is pretty much sourced to the letter from the community ideas that have been percolating about).

But you know what would have made it an extra step better?

Being able to choose where the stat points went, instead of it being automatic (again.)

Yeah, most people would probably just end up dumping it all into their main stat or vit, but having the option would be nice. Still no word on whether we'll get a ladder system out of this yet, but that may have been too much to hope for right now. With the Paragon Levels incoming, I'm not even going to bother to play until the patch.

Basically... It's no fun to have more than 1 char from each class because of lack of stat selection... Allow that... And a flood of new characters will emerge... Auction house will have tons of activity - currently obscure item stats will have value and eventually bring down the top end of the market. It'd be a win for everyone

They just need the hook.

Yoshichan

Will there be an achievement to reach Paragon lvl 100 in hardcore :lol?

Radec

Hmmn..

Paragon 100.. seems like alot of work.

And I'm still not decided what class should I paragon with.

I got all 5 to 60. :/

DIII really got out of the beta. lol

Sigmaah

With 6 preferred stats, I can gear my DH even better! Gonna level my DH, then Monk, and then Barb. Don't have much interest in Playing with wizards and witch doctors, I'll level them way down the line.

Celegus

I'm sure it'll take forever. I for one have pretty much no intention of ever hitting Paragon 100, but getting a level here and there is still a great way to keep you playing. Even if you're not finding the mad loots, you're still doing something "productive".

Zzoram

I'm sure it'll take forever. I for one have pretty much no intention of ever hitting Paragon 100, but getting a level here and there is still a great way to keep you playing. Even if you're not finding the mad loots, you're still doing something "productive".

Yep that's what was missing that Diablo 2 had.

I never had a 99 character because I kept rerolling. At level 75 I would be doing Hell Baal runs and even if I got nothing for days, at least I would still be gaining levels even if they didn't matter much at that point.

Definity

So how long before folks complain it takes to long to hit max paragon, lol?
Give it a day or so after the patch and folks will be complaining on the forums.

same. No doubt in my mind I won't get really high in paragon level, especially in the Fall when other games come out and I get distracted. But it's definitely something that re-ignites the spark for some more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom