• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought its the second line with.1193 but the two numbers before under 100...

...........72.1193 like that?

Yea mine was 193.1119 got a legendary the first elite I killed and then two more when I was in 5 stacks. I only did Zultun Kuhl Blood to Zultun Kuhl kill too!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Reminder to keep an eye on auctions that are ending during server downtime. try and pick up things for cheap while you can

Reminder to keep an eye on auctions that are ending during server downtime. try and pick up things for cheap while you can

So to do this youd:

Place a low bid right on something that has a few hours left right before servers go down and when it comes back up youll have won because nobody else could get on to outbid you?

Revoh

dvHmm.gif

do you have link so i can read this?

If you google/youtube Diablo Loot Servers it comes up.

Basically you go into D3 and start a game then tab out and open up Command Prompt type netstat -n

There will be two IPs ending in .1119 the top one is the general login one and it never changes the bottom one will be XXX.1119 supposedly you want a LOW # like below 100 and an even #.

I wouldn't read into it too much its probably not true. People have posted success and people have returned with nothing...How superstitious are you lol?

Svafnir

Little bro is wondering how he did for preparing his barb for 1.0.5. Any suggestions?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TripleT1-1519/hero/21635397

He's got a good amount of life and his all resistance isn't too shabby. As a whirlwind barb his DPS is pretty damn good. I say he's fine for Infernal Machine farming and most things, but mp7+ will give him some trouble.

Also just noticed he has really good life regen and life steal... that's gonna help a ton.

Holy shit

Without STI and Enchantress my armor is 3052 ;_;

Any advice on where I should make upgrades next? Can't afford to get into sets/legs yet

Monk

I'd update your boots first. You can get a lot more resists and vitality out of them for pretty cheap.

I'd also really take a look at your off hand. Looking at the stats it gives you, you're probably not getting much DPS from it. I'd suggest a weapon with 90%+ critical, 180+ dex and a sock, and if possible life steal with around 750 dps. I bought one off the AH for about 300k which is pretty cheap. Dual wielding blows if your off hand weapon is not giving stats to max out your DPS.

I know the life on hit helps a lot, but honestly, if you're gonna dual wield, you really gotta make sure you're getting the most DPS you can get out off your hand.

If you wanna get more survivability, I'd recommend getting a shield with 8% critical, 160 dex and 160 vit + all res / poison res. I use one and I got 6k armor thanks to it. It also gives me a shitload of DPS, even though not as much as an amazing off hand. I tried dual wielding with a weapon better than your off hand and actually lost dps. Again, if you wanna dual wield, you gotta make sure your off hand counts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a little more gold, you can take a look at upgrading your gloves to include similar stats and IAS included. You can cut your dex in half but include IAS and you'll still get a LOT of dps from it.

You can take a look at a new amulet as well. You can get one with 150 dex, poison resist, 50% critical and 6-8% critical with probably 6-8m. The 50% should give you a GOOOOD amount of DPS as well.

Last but not least if you find something valuable that nets you 50m, switch your armor and pants to innas armor and pants... should give a LOOOT of armor and res.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're getting close to the mid-tier cutoff for armor and DPS. Mid tier upgrades will only give you minimal upgrades at this point. It kinda sucks to say this but it happened to me, you're probably gonna have to run at low MPs for a while like 2 or 3 until you get a good drop or save for a good upgrade. I'd be looking and trying to get an inna's armor and pants, which should give you like 20k dps out of nowhere, and a bucket load of life and armor. If you're good at shopping the AH, it will run you a good 40-50m.

Good luck man :p if you need anything else let us know (unless you need gold =p)

Thanks for the advice

I just bought those boots too...

Poison seems to be pretty expensive as a second res. Double res boots with those same stats are like 20m, the alternative is Ice Climbers which are also pretty damn expensive.

I'll look into getting another off-hand, my right ring isn't too hot either

Maybe I'll get lucky and win the loot lottery when 1.0.5 drops

Thanks for the advice

I just bought those boots too...

Poison seems to be pretty expensive as a second res. Double res boots with those same stats are like 20m, the alternative is Ice Climbers which are also pretty damn expensive.

I'll look into getting another off-hand, my right ring isn't too hot either

Maybe I'll get lucky and win the loot lottery when 1.0.5 drops

You can probably get them less than 1m if you drop the walking speed =o

I have a really good WKL (1000dps, 160 dex, 9ias, 60crit dmg and 30% lightning dmg) my entire offensive build is based around that. But now I feel I should upgrade but I have no idea how much dps the lightning actually does. In packs, from the thunder dash and explosion to the sweeping winds aeo plus tornadoes.... It's a killer...

My off hand is only missing crit dmg but similar ones are 200dps lower and 50m +

Definitely will hop on today when it's up to check out stuff. Mainly I want to see monster power in action in Act 1. Still never got past Act 3 Inferno, but I didn't put in nearly as much time as a lot of people (though my time wasn't insignificant either.)

May try to work on Infernal Machine, but I'm not sure if I can even clear (without too much difficulty) to all the various parts for the keys.

Vicros

Before the servers went down I took a screenshot of my stats. You know, to remember the good times.

I'll miss you 8714 monk armor. You would have been real handy at monster level 10.

Hello shitty ~6800 armor.

:(

V_Arnold

Before the servers went down I took a screenshot of my stats. You know, to remember the good times.

I'll miss you 8714 monk armor. You would have been real handy at monster level 10.

Hello shitty ~6800 armor.

:(

You do understand that the monster damage has been reduced accordingly as well, right? o_O

V_Arnold

There's MP for that. With the upped damage that armor would have come in handy

Oh, of course, it is a "glass half empty" scenario: they give us more difficulty, and the first thing we do is be sad because the very highest of the difficulty is not instantly feasible to do (mp10).

Lots of things would have come in handy in mp10 - most of them will need to be acquired first (DPS, allres, proper build, micro, etc.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any tips on building and gearing out a WD without much moneys? I'm vaguely interested in this new patch (and this Infernal Machine nonsense).

Oh, of course, it is a "glass half empty" scenario: they give us more difficulty, and the first thing we do is be sad because the very highest of the difficulty is not instantly feasible to do (mp10).

Lots of things would have come in handy in mp10 - most of them will need to be acquired first (DPS, allres, proper build, micro, etc.)

You misunderstand. All I was saying was, the armor that he had would have been useful for later MP because STI is being nerfed

It won't be possible to get armor that high for a Monk anymore. Or if it is, it'll require +armor on every piece with a shield

V_Arnold

You misunderstand. All I was saying was, the armor that he had would have been useful for later MP because STI is being nerfed

It won't be possible to get armor that high for a Monk anymore. Or if it is, it'll require +armor on every piece with a shield

Of course, right. (But basically it would make sense to me if we would need +armor on almost everything in order to have really high armor, but that is a different story.: D)

nicoga3000 said:
Any tips on building and gearing out a WD without much moneys? I'm vaguely interested in this new patch (and this Infernal Machine nonsense).

Here is my Witch Doctor. I never had more money than 5-6 mill at the same time, the biggest purchase I made was the off-hand. Yeah, very low damage, but the other stats make up immensely for it. This build allows me to clear Act3 first half without problems. (Did not down Azmodan yet, I am too lazy for that, hehe). For Act2, you will not need much.

A few key methods that are great is to not be afraid to get a cheap tanking amulet that lacks the usual stuff like the +crit,+crit%,+ias, because if you run a gargantuan+zombie dogs build, the added health and defense will make up for you. I am missing LOH big time, but it does not hurt. There are also great alternatives for WD self-healing via increased pickup range and Gruesome feast, for example.

koji

Or you go the cheap route with the 2hander and the bearspam (might not be the best style of play for someone new to the class, that's personal though)

Or the more expensive route with LOH, big health pool, more classic summoner/necro, don't think a 800dmg / 800LOH costs a lot atm, I cleared inferno with a 800dmg/800loh weapon.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

Getting a WD that's able to clear inferno should be relatively cheap with the 1.04 pet changes, gearing up your WD to farm shit fast will get pretty expensive, like it is for all classes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lots of useful info - thanks guys. I'll log in and check my character out and see where he stands. There's a lot of things I can do to update my WD I'm sure. I'm not even 100% sure he's 60 yet, ha. I was doing Hell Act 2 last I remember, so we'll see...

I'm going to play the shit out of act I tonight. I might even do an act II VoA run too.

Stoked.

I was thinking about it, is act 3 still the most efficient and the most streamlined of all acts?
for variety sake I'll also play act 1 since that's the act I like the most, for time efficiency I still think Act 3 remains king

Act 3 has the highest mob and pack density in the game, so if you wanna be super efficient it'll still be the go to farming spot

Especially for WW barbs/Archon Wiz since they can more easily maintain their super saiyan states

I was thinking about it, is act 3 still the most efficient and the most streamlined of all acts?
for variety sake I'll also play act 1 since that's the act I like the most, for time efficiency I still think Act 3 remains king

I know act III has more mob density, but right now I want some variety more so than anything. Act I has some pretty packed parts too. Spider caves, catacombs, warden > butcher. The fields are a little more sparse. VoA runs are pretty efficient too I would imagine.

I was doing a run before I went to bed last night. My compact runs I do the keeps and then crater I through Azmo. The entire time I kept thinking, "I wonder where I'll farm tomorrow?"

It's been so long since I've played act I it will probably feel new.

Xamdou

I was playing one act 3 run last night and three legendaries dropped for me in one game. Two crappy ones and one decent one. Hopefully it will be the same legendary drops amount or more for me with the new patch :)

Do any other class have that ability? My DH currently dies to relected damage on a regular basis so I doubt that I have the ability to dodge it now.

I think DH's also have/had the ability to block refelct damage. They will lose that in 1.0.5.

Though all a DH has to do is gear enough LOH to not be killed from the reflect damage. A monk, on the other hand, is up in the fight. Reflect damage affects our ability to heal and when you're up in the mix, that's a HUGE hit. A monk would have to gear enough LOH to not only prevent reflect damage from hurting us, but then gear even more to keep us alive while up in the mix.

For a melee class who's main defence is our ability to dodge well, this is pretty signifigant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom