• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

Am I the only one by the way who will be happy and content by starting out with Monster Level 1 or 2 and staying there for quite some time, farming Act 1 like it was Act 3? Because that is my plan. I refuse to be frustrated because I would not be able to clear MP5 or 3 fast enough, or at all.

Yes. I play both Monk and Barbarian (really should have just stuck with one) so I'm gonna double whine.

Barb
1. The impunity nerf.
2. Run like the wind nerf.

Barbs generally focused on survival thus all the 50k-60k barbs while every other class (including monks) were breaking 100k.

Monks
1. Because all nerfs to defense aren't going to make me use burning palm or wrath of light. I'll drop blinding flash-dmg boost if they give life steal to burning palm.
2. Can't even regear comfortably because that OWE nerf is going to happen but hasn't happened yet.

Now that is out of the way seems like Blizzard just gave the "Inferno is too easy" crowd what they wanted. Maybe monks need to go back to the early dodge - target or MoH - time of need instead of MoC until they reach whatever the ultimate monk gear is.

Yes. I play both Monk and Barbarian (really should have just stuck with one) so I'm gonna double whine.

Barb
1. The impunity nerf.
2. Run like the wind nerf.

Barbs generally focused on survival thus all the 50k-60k barbs while every other class (including monks) were breaking 100k.

Monks
1. Because all nerfs to defense aren't going to make me use burning palm or wrath of light. I'll drop blinding flash-dmg boost if they give life steal to burning palm.
2. Can't even regear comfortably because that OWE nerf is going to happen but hasn't happened yet.

Now that is out of the way seems like Blizzard just gave the "Inferno is too easy" crowd what they wanted. Maybe monks need to go back to the early dodge - target or MoH - time of need instead of MoC until they reach whatever the ultimate monk gear is.

Dude... you're a barb. Just start at mp10. Mp10 was cake for most barbs on the ptr.

turnbuckle

Dude... you're a barb. Just start at mp10. Mp10 was cake for most barbs on the ptr.

Most barbs or the best geared barbs? Certainly not gonna be cake for me. I tried mp5 and got thoroughly raped.

You sound pretty salty

What class do you play?

And I was the one that posted the blue response to loot alert. Not sure if the position changes after the patch, but at the time a blue post said it was A-OK. I've been using it for well over a month and it's been a big help.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Just finished my first act 3 route at Monster PL 4...this game is literally going to consume my time this fall. I have a feeling that I won't even buy the major blockbusters :(

SteveO409

Took awhile to find out how to do the find similar items option on the AH. Simply right click the item and a menu will pop up

larvi

Running MP4 and realizing how underpowered I am. I guess I relied too much on ToC on my DH now that it's nerfed it's taking me forever to kill stuff. I did find two legendaries already though in about 30min, a Three Hundreth Spear and a Tzo Krin's Gaze both in Festering Woods in A1

Monster Power 3 is nice.

I'm thinking I'll end up on Monster Power 4 though.

(Monster Power 6 is possible but too slow.)

Got a level 62 helm with 5% Crit, 140 int, 40vit, 70 all Res and 300 Armor on the first thing I killed. This is going to be fun.

IlludiumQ36

Running Act I on MP3 solo with my DH ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/1668575 ). Even with 83000+ DPS, it's pretty challenging. Champions have a lot of health, Elites even more so. The trash mobs feel like fighting 1.04 Skull Cleavers.

It was nice to see the Jar of Souls reset valor. Also, it's actually worth it to pick up ilvl 60's and below with the new monter level affix rolls. I had an iLVL 60 Meditator roll 47.2 LPSS with a socket and about 230 STR. No Dex though, lol.

Haven't played this game in months but decided to try it out, this dropped off the first elite pack

iYc7yGVA2iqqR.jpg

Is it good for today's standards? seriously have no idea.

Definity

I still haven't got a chance to play yet. Is it raining legends and set items now? Can't wait to start farming keys later.

SteveO409

Yes!! The game will set your status as Away after 5 minutes of inactivity. I felt so bad whenever I would leave the game in the background for hours and missed PMs

Did 1 run alone on MP5, while I was able to progress but it was too slow, I died a few times that I shouldn't have, MP5 is definitely doable but no efficient for me, gonna try MP4 now

larvi

Died twice on the Butcher on MP4 and barely was able to dent his health, just gave up on that shit. I did find my 3rd legendary of the run, nothing good but if I can find 3 legendaries in a little over an hour even while dying quite a bit it bodes well for this patch.

So what's the new DH build for 1.05? My ToC build just isn't doing it anymore.

kennah

Looooovvvvvviiinnnngggg Find Similar Item in the AH.

Got a great update for my chest for about 4 million less than it should have been

sleepykyo

MP 10 Act1 is a no go. Well maybe but it would take way too long.
MP5 was ok, but couldn't kill goblins without WotB so 60k unbuffed isn't cutting it.

Goddamn, what MP is that at lol?

I fear I wont be able to do anything higher than MP2 and that I wont even be able to beat the uber bosses.

larvi

Anyone else try to cancel an auction? I'm getting an error 3006 and it's not letting me, the item doesn't have any bids so that isn't the problem.

Edit - It eventually cancelled it, several minutes after it gave the error. I think the AH in general is hosed right now, I'm getting time outs even trying to list stuff and it's super slow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hopping back in now that 1.05 is out. Anyone want to play Inferno Act 1 MP 3-5? Would love to start playing again, and maybe get some good gear.

Vicros

Got the first two keys. Heading to act 3 now to get the third. I'd like to at least build the machine tonight, even if the uber bosses stomp me.

mlaz14

Died twice on the Butcher on MP4 and barely was able to dent his health, just gave up on that shit. I did find my 3rd legendary of the run, nothing good but if I can find 3 legendaries in a little over an hour even while dying quite a bit it bodes well for this patch.

So what's the new DH build for 1.05? My ToC build just isn't doing it anymore.

I was running this build in the group I was with on MP7.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRjdVg!ZYe!aabbcY

After a few key runs we had a sacrifice dogs WD join who would constantly spawn health globes so I switched BL to Cluster Bombs and TA to Vengeance. Solo I'm probably going to go back to Spray of Teeth and maybe switch out Marked for Death for Multishot: Suppression Fire or Loaded for Bear depending on the ML i settle on. Would switch Steady Aim for Vengeance if I dropped Marked for Death.

larvi

I was running this build in the group I was with on MP7.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRjdVg!ZYe!aabbcY

After a few key runs we had a sacrifice dogs WD join who would constantly spawn health globes so I switched BL to Cluster Bombs and TA to Vengeance. Solo I'm probably going to go back to Spray of Teeth and maybe switch out Marked for Death for Multishot: Suppression Fire or Loaded for Bear depending on the ML i settle on. Would switch Steady Aim for Vengeance if I dropped Marked for Death.

Thanks for the info. What kind of DPS do you have? Have you tried any of the new boosted pets?

mlaz14

Thanks for the info. What kind of DPS do you have? Have you tried any of the new boosted pets?

145k w/o Steady Aim and 175k with. I tried the boar and perfectionist on the PTR and they didn't seem that great really. The boar still dies pretty fast on higher levels and if there's more than like 3 mobs stuff gets by it. I'm guessing it works fine on lower lvls but I have 357 all res, just under 4k armor, and ~34k life so for me its not really worth a slot.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm not really enjoying the game :/ Sure I can lower MP but that just feels... stupid? I dunno.

I tried MP 6 and that was all right, I could do it but it wasn't worth it.

I lowered to 5 and that improved a lot, I'm killing stuff pretty fast, and then an elite comes with reflect damage, molten and fast, and I just get raped over and over. It's really frustrating. I feel like I just wasted the 400 hours I've played with my monk o_O

I know it's really just whining, but I'm so bummed out right now, not sure why =I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom