• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm not really enjoying the game :/ Sure I can lower MP but that just feels... stupid? I dunno.

I tried MP 6 and that was all right, I could do it but it wasn't worth it.

I lowered to 5 and that improved a lot, I'm killing stuff pretty fast, and then an elite comes with reflect damage, molten and fast, and I just get raped over and over. It's really frustrating. I feel like I just wasted the 400 hours I've played with my monk o_O

I know it's really just whining, but I'm so bummed out right now, not sure why =I

Probably because the addition of the MP and inferno machine due bring the challenge back to the top players it also wipes out whatever progress mid level players felt they made.

edit:
How do you play Inferno monster power? Do you form the party then start a game?

larvi

Dropped down to mp2 and can clear encounters pretty fast now. Also found my 4th legendary tonite, a pretty nice int vile ward. 3 of the legendaries have dropped in Festering woods or one of the 2 dungeons there.

145k w/o Steady Aim and 175k with. I tried the boar and perfectionist on the PTR and they didn't seem that great really. The boar still dies pretty fast on higher levels and if there's more than like 3 mobs stuff gets by it. I'm guessing it works fine on lower lvls but I have 357 all res, just under 4k armor, and ~34k life so for me its not really worth a slot.

Thanks, I have about 35k life, 4200 armor, 425allres so my defenses are up to snuff, but my dps is only 77K w/o sharpshooter (225k with it). I really need to work on my crit chance but I hate giving up other stats to get it (and can't afford it otherwise)

Definity

Nice run w/ Fender and a few other Gaffers. I think we seen four legendary drops and a set item in 45 mins or so. Got lucky and had the plan drop in act 4 on the first try and the key in act 1.

Here is the IK helm I picked up. Going to hit the AH with it and undercut quite a bit because I have a feeling supply is going to sky rocket.

i4AOVGVJPjkNq.png

Nice run w/ Fender and a few other Gaffers. I think we seen four legendary drops and a set item in 45 mins or so. Got lucky and had the plan drop in act 4 on the first try and the key in act 1.

Here is the IK helm I picked up. Going to hit the AH with it and undercut quite a bit because I have a feeling supply is going to sky rocket.

i4AOVGVJPjkNq.png

Yes. Just by the amount of stuff we're seeing being dropped here on GAF, it's pretty obvious we're gonna be seeing a LOOOT of stuff in the AH in the next few weeks.

I just found a strongarm bracers =p 9% life and 150 dex, not too bad.

Riggs

Banned
holy shit they nerfed shadow power sooooo hard

So how do you guys feel about the patch? Looks like barbarians made out well.

And now items drop more, or just legendary's?

Dahbomb

i4AOVGVJPjkNq.png
I got 2 legendaries in that run with you plus so did Toasty (he got set + legendary). I got Warmonger and Sky Splitter, both worth around 1 million each. I have never gotten more than 1 legendary in a run before. One of my legendaries dropped from a res chest in Fields of Misery. This is MP5 Act 1 for those wondering.

Damn good run all around, Legendaries definitely dropping more. Loving all the changes thus far, so many ilvl61-63s plus all the huge ass stacks of gold everywhere. Also now you can leave the game, check the AH/sell stuff and come back to your party and still retain your NV. That was a change I didn't even know about. Very nice.

Also got a Key from Act 1. I still think Act 3 is going to be the most efficient in terms of loot, gold and especially EXP but it was fun doing act 1 again.

So can I tweak Act 1 with monster power level, and just play that over and over and get good orange drops?
Yes but you still have to be well geared.

larvi

I tried a mp3 run and found 3 more legendaries. That makes 7 so far tonight in 3 partial A1 runs. No set items so far though.

Definity

Went ahead and sold that IK helm for 35 mil. That was about 10 mil cheaper than the next one up. I just wanted to get rid of it fast before prices tanked.

Got all the components and even a second key as well as a second plan while trying to help Celegus in act 4. Only crap thing is that I had the two plans but they are account locked so I couldn't even give him my other one.

I'm pretty comfortable solo on MP5, no clue how it'll be when I'm trying to fight the dual bosses though as that seems really hard.

IlludiumQ36

So the patch notes say that unique monsters (purple) tied to events should drop extra items for every level of NV active. Well...that doesn't necessarily mean a rare item. The hill event in the Festering Woods now has a unique instead of champions, and it dropped ALL blue on a 5 stack :\

Talaysen

What mp lvl is everyone playing at?

I'm doing 3 solo.

So the patch notes say that unique monsters (purple) tied to events should drop extra items for every level of NV active. Well...that doesn't necessarily mean a rare item. The hill event in the Festering Woods now has a unique instead of champions, and it dropped ALL blue on a 5 stack :\

If they always drop more items than elites do (4?), then that's still better, in my opinion. You get more rolls at legendaries or 5/6 affix rares.

Just got the act 1 key. Two more to go!

ibwDaoB7rHX3cK.png

Just found this. Mempo fixed?

Definitely, one of those with 6% crit chance is gonna be fucking godlike

I scored a Blackthorne's belt (looked it up and its worth like 600k lol) and a Puss Spitter. Still it was nice to see green and bronze text

Alt-tabbing in and out of another run. I'm dying but I can manage solo in Act 1 MP4 with a 50k dps monk, with 4k armor and 600 res

Xamdou

So I lost around 1,200+ armor and the arcane lasers basically one shots me since monks cant dodge that shiet no more! Best patch ever!

OK what the hell I finally got to 8.4 spirit regen per second and the tempest rush that is reduced spirit cost says channeling costs 8 per second. Yet I can't do it forever it drains my spirit...

So I lost around 1,200+ armor and the arcane lasers basically one shots me since monks cant dodge that shiet no more! Best patch ever!

Were monks ever able to dodge arcane to begin with? I don't recall. But I agree with you.
I'm playing MP5 right now and I'm able to farm it pretty effectively. White monsters die in reasonable time and most elites take me a little bit but they don't give me too much trouble.

But some of the elites... are freaking impossible. I actually don't take too much incoming damage, but I have a real hard time healing myself with the craptastic passive skill pool that monks have. I take a few hits, but since I don't dual wield, my 3% life leech alone just doesn't handle all the incoming damage. I get PARTICULARLY buttfucked by reflect damage, which was annoying before but since elites died in seconds it didn't matter so much. Now I have to hit hit hit, kite for any healing CDs to come off, hit hit hit, kite, etc.

I'm not sure what to get from it. I was pretty upset when I started playing MP6~5 but at MP5 I find the farming pretty reasonable, and if I get one nice drop I'll probably get to 100k DPS which should make me farm pretty effectively for the most part.

As far as the monk nerfs... I'm not sure what to think. The armor loss wouldn't be so bad if we:

1 - Had some sort of passive / active that would heal us, and that would scale with our DPS / Atk speed. Life per spirit spent just does not cut it on high play level.
2 - Or if we could kill faster
3 - Could use our main defensive stat (dodge) to a benefit. Right now dodge is close to useless, especially against reflect damage that just rapes S.W monks.

I have no idea what monkey at Blizzard came up with the idea that nerfing monk defensive skills will promote build diversity. We were already pretty under powered on the defensive side to begin with, and now with the nerf, people will just drop skills like Fleet Footed, Beacon of Ytar and etc and just double stack defensive passives to make up for the loss. I'm seriously considering now stacking STI with Resolve just to make up for the armor loss, since my extra dodge from passive doesn't seem to be helping me out that much.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Well, pretty happy with the changes. Was doing mp5 with my cleave/rend barb and having a good time. The elite battles are just WAY more interesting, xp comes a bit faster than normal (+75%xp but probably progress at about 75% the rate) and got a couple of worthless legendaries...MUCH more fun than my epic run of non-legendaries in 1.0.5.

I'm guessing I could do mp7 or so but not sure at what point it becomes drastically less efficient. mp5 with extra health, fire chain, health linked, arcane mobs was pretty funny.

larvi

Legendaries #10&11 for the evening. And these dropped from the skeletons in the jar of souls with a single valor stack (it's 2 in the picture because I opened the jar afterwards hoping for another drop).

1011.jpg

Later in that run I got 2 more lengendaries for a total of 13 for today in 5 runs. This has gotta be a bug and I suspect it's going to get fixed soon so I don't want to quit but I have to get up for work in the AM.

qazqaNii

Oh my god! So many legendaries, can't wait for europe to get out already.

Also guys, could you post on what 'Monster Power' you actually get your legendaries.

larvi

I did my runs on mp2-4 solo, mostly mp3 as that seemed to be the sweet spot for me. I also have quite a bit of MF as well, I think I was at 381 mf with the enchantress with a 5 stack on mp3.

Xamdou

Legendaries #10&11 for the evening. And these dropped from the skeletons in the jar of souls with a single valor stack (it's 2 in the picture because I opened the jar afterwards hoping for another drop).

1011.jpg

Later in that run I got 2 more lengendaries for a total of 13 for today in 5 runs. This has gotta be a bug and I suspect it's going to get fixed soon so I don't want to quit but I have to get up for work in the AM.

Damn hella legendaries, what mp lvl u running at?

Just for fun, look up the same item on the AH every few hours or so. Shits already tanking

I'll be able to get Inna pants for under 5m by tomorrow at this rate

Vicros

Tonight was a lot of fun. Our group killed all three sets of uber bosses, got two out of three ring pieces.

The uber bosses were not nearly as tough as I thought they would be. We killed all three sets at MP5 and It wasn't to bad. Their HP was nutters at MP5, 10 must be ridiculous.

Hopefully I'll get the last ring piece tomorrow I want that bonus xp.

koji

MP3 works for my WD, I'm happy :)

edit: And just got a legendary, a Daibo...

edit2: and another legendary, crappy polearm! :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah prices are gonna tank hard for nearly everything. I sold off my weapon/helm a few weeks ago so I could get paid before the shit went down. Plus I wanted to take a break from the game anyway.

Switched to a healing blades/meteor build for the time being because archon is lol on higher monster levels. Seems to work reasonably on mp5 atm, but the act 3 keywarden owns me. But in a week the prices on everything will have fully tanked and I'll be able to unload some of this 500 mil gold I've been hoarding into some pretty sweet gear. Doubt I'll have much trouble with him then.

Cipherr

Damn, we need a support group for those of us who sold all our gear months ago like "Fuck this game" and now are coming back with raggety sets doing MP3 or so.... I haveno one to run a game with because everyone I know is rocking out in MP5+ lol.

After wasting hour after hour in this game with a Demon Hunter and a Monk, I'm looking to start afresh for patch 1.0.5

Any class recommendations? Ideally something that will make the game a breeze to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom