• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

Did I hear correctly that inferno at monster lvl 3 would be about the same difficulty as inferno level of the previous patch?

If so, how easy will monster lvl 1 on inferno be?

Vodh

After wasting hour after hour in this game with a Demon Hunter and a Monk, I'm looking to start afresh for patch 1.0.5

Any class recommendations? Ideally something that will make the game a breeze to go through.

Just pick a class that appeals to you in terms of style. Monks are in an arguably bad spot now, but even with a monk you'll have a good time until you start grinding your teeth at your inability to fight through Monster Power X. Just keep in mind, that except for those wearing several hundred million worth of gear nobody is going to be doing MP10 and even they will just settle for sth between MP3-4 just because it will be more efficient.

koji

Did I hear correctly that inferno at monster lvl 3 would be about the same difficulty as inferno level of the previous patch?

MP3 certainly feels like 1.04 difficulty in a3, maybe a little bit harder? Mobs might have a bit more HP but that's about it.

Bitching in general chat is pretty funny, did people really expect to be steamrolling MP10 day one... Seriously, some people.

Also "how do I enable mp?" :lol

Revoh

I bought an IK's belt for 40M last night. Next week will probably be 5M now that legendaries are dropping like crazy

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
it seems like you can't please everybody, people would bitch about legendaries not dropping after hours of farming but now you see one every hour or so.

Bradach

MP3 certainly feels like 1.04 difficulty in a3, maybe a little bit harder? Mobs might have a bit more HP but that's about it.

Bitching in general chat is pretty funny, did people really expect to be steamrolling MP10 day one... Seriously, some people.

Also "how do I enable mp?" :lol

thanks. Looking forward to getting back into this game. I'm half way through Act 2 inferno.

Celegus

I can handle MP3 pretty well, got my first three keys, and one crappy legendary. It's so awesome to see that they're dropping at a decent rate finally. I'm glad I still had 20m in the bank, and somehow sold some crap bracers last night for 3m... should be able to outfit my DH on the cheap soon.

The Act 3 warden is a nightmare for barbs though. We basically are forced to change our skills to throw weapon / leap / sprint, etc every time we want a new key. Big thanks to BigBlue for helping with that guy and the Act 4 warden.

eek5

MP3 is a bit harder in some areas than 1.0.4 but easier in others. Kind of depends on what changes they did to your class IMO.

MP0 is ridiculously easy. Haven't tried MP1 but it shoudl be a breeze.

Act III key boss is garbage. Died way too many times to that guy.
Agreed! I was happy to get a key to drop from him the first time on MP5 though he was at the absolute end of the area so that sucked. Wound up getting another key as well when I was helping out a fellow GAF member with that boss.

Really liking all the changes so far.

I can handle MP3 pretty well, got my first three keys, and one crappy legendary. It's so awesome to see that they're dropping at a decent rate finally. I'm glad I still had 20m in the bank, and somehow sold some crap bracers last night for 3m... should be able to outfit my DH on the cheap soon.

The Act 3 warden is a nightmare for barbs though. We basically are forced to change our skills to throw weapon / leap / sprint, etc every time we want a new key. Big thanks to BigBlue for helping with that guy and the Act 4 warden.
Bah, you still didn't get your plans though right? We ran that 3 or 4 times too. I'll help you out whenever I'm online tonight. Same thing happened this morning. I was running act 1 on MP5 and 4 times through and no key.

Belgorim

I logged in today to check patch out, everything looks great. I will definately play this again soon, playing xcom at the moment and started playing wow for the first time though :p

Anyone know what that weird sounds is that beeps from time to time after patch?

Celegus

Bah, you still didn't get your plans though right? We ran that 3 or 4 times too. I'll help you out whenever I'm online tonight. Same thing happened this morning. I was running act 1 on MP5 and 4 times through and no key.

Ouch, really? Got my Act 1&2 keys first try on MP3. Still no plan, but I sure am glad you only have to get that once.

koji

A3 keywarden is pretty annoying indeed, my build wasn't really working good in that fight :) (no ranged burst dmg)

Got the key first try though

Ouch, really? Got my Act 1&2 keys first try on MP3. Still no plan, but I sure am glad you only have to get that once.
Well I have one of every key, but I'm thinking we'll need to run it a few times anyhow before we get all the parts for the ring so why not get some extras.

After I have the ring, still gotta figure out where to start farming!

TP

I can't believe that the Monk I cleared inferno with is taking so much damage in Act 1 MP 1

It reminds me of the first time I stepped into inferno

Rufus

I started about twenty games in Act 1 and the Watchtower didn't spawn once. I know they nerfed the amount of elites it can have, but they seem to have broken it entirely. Unless they also reduced the chance of it being there...?

MrDaravon

About to get on, what's up with DH pets now? Are the ones that will tank for you now actually useful at all in that regard? Wondering if taking the Boar for tank plus the health regen and 15% all resist is actually worthwhile over the Bat or the Ferret. My all resist is pretty crap so I don't think that will make much of a difference, but I think I'm unusual in that I usually roll with the Paladin since enemies like to aggro on him, and I'm wondering if I could maybe take the Boar instead and roll with the Scoundrel instead.

I started about twenty games in Act 1 and the Watchtower didn't spawn once. I know they nerfed the amount of elites it can have, but they seem to have broken it entirely. Unless they also reduced the chance of it being there...?

According to the patch notes they moved it from the Northern Highlands to the Southern Highlands.

Celegus

Well I have one of every key, but I'm thinking we'll need to run it a few times anyhow before we get all the parts for the ring so why not get some extras.

After I have the ring, still gotta figure out where to start farming!

Probably more keys again since the first ring you craft is probably going to be terrible. ;) Can't wait for that HF ring with 500 damage to attackers, 32 cold resist, health globes add 2000, and adds 10-15 damage.

With 80k base DPS my monk can do MP5 just fine. I can take gobs solo as well. However, mp5 was not good exp/hour for me at all. I'll have to test several different difficulties today, but I think mp3-4 will be the most efficient for me. Key farming will still be mp5+ though.

Also, "reflect damage" and "extra health" are my least favorite elite / champ affixes now. By far.

Firemind

Damn, we need a support group for those of us who sold all our gear months ago like "Fuck this game" and now are coming back with raggety sets doing MP3 or so.... I haveno one to run a game with because everyone I know is rocking out in MP5+ lol.

Likewise.

Sigmaah

One quick question about the infernal machine.

I know you have to get the keys every time you want to spawn the machine but what about the plan? Do you also have to get that every time?

One quick question about the infernal machine.

I know you have to get the keys every time you want to spawn the machine but what about the plan? Do you also have to get that every time?
Just have to get it once. I actually have a spare, but it's account bound so I can't even give it away.

About to get on, what's up with DH pets now? Are the ones that will tank for you now actually useful at all in that regard? Wondering if taking the Boar for tank plus the health regen and 15% all resist is actually worthwhile over the Bat or the Ferret. My all resist is pretty crap so I don't think that will make much of a difference, but I think I'm unusual in that I usually roll with the Paladin since enemies like to aggro on him, and I'm wondering if I could maybe take the Boar instead and roll with the Scoundrel instead.
I was using the boar and he works decently. Sometimes the enemy will pay attention to him so I can lay out some more damage and the addition to resists is nice too. I'm also running perfectionist which I think was an outstanding change and makes me feel a lot more tanky even as a DH.

Prezhulio

played for a couple hours last night, my WD seemed way more powerful, but i'd guess that's some sort of nerf to inferno?

a couple questions:

do the key dropping enemies always spawn in their respective areas? (i did 2 sweeps through fields of misery, one with no mp and 5 stacks, one with mp1 and 5 stacks and never encountered it)

is there any way to matchmake with randoms using mp? i noticed it said you weren't allowed to open game to public when i launched the game with mp1, and the couple games i joined were just vanilla inferno. if this is the case they reaaaaally need to put lobbies back in so i can join a game with mp at my discretion and not have to find "friends" to do it. that and i want to roll with 4 WDs :(

Just found this. Kinda meh. I haven't found a legendary since the second week of the last patch. At least my dry spell is over. lol?

screenshot075z.jpg

Definity

Finally got the act 2 key. I wasted a good 15 mins looking for that key warden! I can do MP5 fine but it's really not that efficient for me. Some combos now like reflect/molten require me to throw on a shield real quick. Thinking MP3 is where it's at for me when it comes to efficiency.

koji

Yeah might want to wait it out a couple days more to actually go and buy stuff, a lot of people putting stuff from their banks on the AH still at relatively high prices, think this sunday/monday will be a good time to spend some money :)

Finally got the act 2 key. I wasted a good 15 mins looking for that key warden! I can do MP5 fine but it's really not that efficient for me. Some combos now like reflect/molten require me to throw on a shield real quick. Thinking MP3 is where it's at for me when it comes to efficiency.

Reflect / Horde is stupid. All the enemies surround you and your health just falls. It's funny because I can walk around MP 5 and cut things down pretty well. Most packs go down pretty easy. Then all of a sudden I run into a pack that just shreds through my life. Always reflect damage. I haven't had to kite elites for a while.

I need to get more LOH pretty bad and I only have 80K DPS. I'm not even that efficient at MP5. So it's clear I need more DPS as well. Which means an ever increasing need for more LOH.

I would have thought my gear was pretty good too. 700 RES ALL, 4600 ARMOR, 750 LOH (2APS) and a native 46% dodge. I'm running resolves again too.

neoism

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 well spent about 5 million the past few days... and can do MP2 and 3 but I die too much.... I lucked up and got my amulet in the 70+ runs I've done...anyone have an idea what its worth... I'm the unluckiest player ever... 260h 0 sets 5 shitty legs...:/ I really want to love this game but it trolls me hard...Anyone have any fist weapons like mine but with at least 500loh....I can give a few mill no more than 3... everything on the AH for an upgrade is just too fucking expensive.
this has to be the best item I've ever gotten though...
jhSNAbNl6FvGy.jpg

the find similar item thing in the game went to shit that was 40+mill.... I died. not sure what I could get for it.

Really noticing the damage with my Monk. Even in MP2

Think I'll settle on 2 or 3. I can melt packs pretty quickly in 2 and 3 isn't that much worse. In 4 I've gotta run around in circles waiting on cooldowns since I can't be in enemies faces anymore. 5 Is only doable in a group. Thinking about investing in a shield

Haul for today was

Blackthorne belt = not worth anything
Puss Spitter = sold to vendor
Some legendary 2h mighty weapon = vendor
63 Voodoo Mask = put it up for 1m

Talaysen

Damn, we need a support group for those of us who sold all our gear months ago like "Fuck this game" and now are coming back with raggety sets doing MP3 or so.... I haveno one to run a game with because everyone I know is rocking out in MP5+ lol.

I'm generally running MP3 to farm keys, if people want to join me ( Talaysen#1383 ).

For some reason I found the Act 2 keywarden way harder than the Act 3 keywarden. When it starts spinning my health drops rapidly and usually I just die, even with Diamond Skin up. If I teleport out, I just get wrecked by the mortar projectiles instead, which isn't much better.

Also, I haven't seen a legendary since patch. I thought they were supposed to be dropping a lot! Found some solid rares though.

Celegus

I'm generally running MP3 to farm keys, if people want to join me ( Talaysen#1383 ).

For some reason I found the Act 2 keywarden way harder than the Act 3 keywarden. When it starts spinning my health drops rapidly and usually I just die, even with Diamond Skin up. If I teleport out, I just get wrecked by the mortar projectiles instead, which isn't much better.

Also, I haven't seen a legendary since patch. I thought they were supposed to be dropping a lot! Found some solid rares though.

I'm pretty sure the A2 warden is meant to wreck ranged classes, A3 wrecks melee, A4 is just a jerk, and A1 is easy peasy. Which, given the type of game this is, makes pretty good sense I suppose. Might be worth it to get my wizard or DH geared up enough to comfortably kill the A3 keymaster.

I think the legendary drop rate is in a good place right now; they're certainly not guaranteed (though I did find one in 4-5 hours last night), but do seem more obtainable.

Talaysen

I'm pretty sure the A2 warden is meant to wreck ranged classes, A3 wrecks melee, A4 is just a jerk, and A1 is easy peasy. Which, given the type of game this is, makes pretty good sense I suppose. Might be worth it to get my wizard or DH geared up enough to comfortably kill the A3 keymaster.

Well I am playing melee wizard right now.

Really noticing the damage with my Monk. Even in MP2

Think I'll settle on 2 or 3. I can melt packs pretty quickly in 2 and 3 isn't that much worse. In 4 I've gotta run around in circles waiting on cooldowns since I can't be in enemies faces anymore. 5 Is only doable in a group. Thinking about investing in a shield

Haul for today was

Blackthorne belt = not worth anythingPuss Spitter = sold to vendor
Some legendary 2h mighty weapon = vendor
63 Voodoo Mask = put it up for 1m

A blackthorne belt with dex no less. HA.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I have several million I want to spend on my Monk but thinking I should wait at least until the weekend passes as I am sure prices will be going down, what do you all think? Looking at Innas/Vile Ward/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom