• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

Put up a vile ward with a high Dex roll last night. Was gonna do it for 2m with a 2m BO, but decided to leave it open. Check this morning and was over 13m with a day to go. Niiiice.

I put the litany of undaunted ring my roomie gave me from a drop last night on the AH. The only other one similar had a 470 million price and sold. I put mine up for 300 bid, 400ish buyout. Hoping that'll sell too. It was a very nice upgrade for me, but that gold will be even nicer. My roomie and I will split it if it'll sell, of course :p

HenryHSH

Can you guys help me price my first good drop?

Vzc8U.png

larvi

There is a very similar one on the US AH with a little over a 6m bid with a 100m buyout so I would say that is the range. If you are on the US servers keep an eye on that auction near the end to see what it goes for.

Vzc8U.png

It really sucks the DPS didn't roll that well. Two socket with near perfect crit dmg roll and good dex. Pretty ballin' manticore. If it would have rolled better DPS it could have been hundreds upon hundreds of million. It should still be worth something though because of the dual socket and high natrive crive though.

HenryHSH

Yeah, at first glance I was extremely disappointed, but then I saw the dex, crit and socket and it gave me hope. I'll see what I can get for it after I finish my run.

It's nice to finally have a decent drop.

M.D

Did a couple of runs in Act 1 % 2 and no legendary so far :( I'm doing mp3 in act 1 and mp2 in act 2 but I might lower to mp2 in act 1 as well to do it faster

Why is there no indication of a legendary drop on the mini-map when I drop one? I get the that light and sound, but I never play this game with sound. It says in the patch notes that were will be some sign on the map

Also, how do you use the auto-fill feature when looking for things to buy? I'm looking in the stats list but it's not there or anywhere else I can see

Celegus

Did a couple of runs in Act 1 % 2 and no legendary so far :( I'm doing mp3 in act 1 and mp2 in act 2 but I might lower to mp2 in act 1 as well to do it faster

Why is there no indication of a legendary drop on the mini-map when I drop one? I get the that light and sound, but I never play this game with sound. It says in the patch notes that were will be some sign on the map

Also, how do you use the auto-fill feature when looking for things to buy? I'm looking in the stats list but it's not there or anywhere else I can see

The minimap ping doesn't keep going indefinitely, only for 5 seconds or so it seemed when I found mine. And I don't think it would do it if you just drop one, it would have to be a drop from an enemy.

Revoh

Do you use overpower? I read that there's a ping sound whenever its cooldown is up. I haven't uped OP in awhile so I'm not sure, but I didn't notice whatever sound it is you guys are experiencing.

Yeah, I dropped War Cry for Overpower yesterday. It's really annoying

Definity

1 infernal machine ready to go for later tonight. Was very happy to finally have a reason to go back and play act 1/2. So much better this way.

Fularu

Banned
Got my Act I key... only needed a single attempt...

Still, I'm having a hard time with MP3, my DPS is just too low :( 30k unbuffed

M.D

Right click the item and "Find Similar"

It sounded like it was a separate option... I guess I was wrong

The minimap ping doesn't keep going indefinitely, only for 5 seconds or so it seemed when I found mine. And I don't think it would do it if you just drop one, it would have to be a drop from an enemy.

I wish I could set the options just to hear the legendary drop.. I don't want to play the game with sound, and it looks like you can still miss a legendary pretty easily

This game must hate me... did a run with 3 more players and one guy found a legendary 1 hand and a set helm
I must be the only player in the world that hasn't found a legendary today lol

turnbuckle

Fellow Barbarians - What builds are you using now that WarCry is effectively moot? Any suggestions for improvements to my dude would be nice too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kennah-1358/hero/19646036

(I only have 3 million gold though)

If you're going to be online at all tonight (say, between 7pm EST onward) I can hook you up with a few items that I believe would be upgrades for you. The build you use is so different from mine that I couldn't offer much of a suggestion for what to replace warcry with. For me I'm still going to be using it for now, not sure if I will end up changing it or not.

Dahbomb

Today I started Act 3 run (MP3). Got 2 legendaries rather quickly (G Gauntlets and Hellrack... both brimstone quality) but near the end I got a wicked Stormshield!

This patch is awesome. Never have I gotten 3 legendaries in one run!

kennah

If you're going to be online at all tonight (say, between 7pm EST onward) I can hook you up with a few items that I believe would be upgrades for you. The build you use is so different from mine that I couldn't offer much of a suggestion for what to replace warcry with. For me I'm still going to be using it for now, not sure if I will end up changing it or not.

That'd be awesome! Please add me kennah#1358. I don't know exactly when I'll be on tonight, but should be before 9-10pm EST.

sleepykyo

Go to sleep. Brimstones were 50k. Wake up. 25k.

Keep crashing. I only have 50M and I want to finish suiting a monk or barb. Get those 100+M pieces off the market already.

Go to sleep. Brimstones were 50k. Wake up. 25k.

Keep crashing. I only have 50M and I want to finish suiting a monk or barb. Get those 100+M pieces off the market already.

This is what I noticed as well. A LOT of people are getting legendary drops. The market should be interesting.

IN the two weeks prior to 1.0.5 I made about 100 million and bought a new fist, pants and helm. I should have saved every penny.

Here's my barb

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grosbill-1217/hero/1468398

I have exactly 17 million gold, what should I upgrade to get out of my shitastic dps?

I guess that once I'm beyond a certain point, the life steal will help me stay alive much longer but as of now, MP3 takes forever

You need to increase your crit % and then work on increasing your crit DMG. I would start with bracers for crit chance. You can get another 5% crit on that piece for probably 1-3 mill right now.

MrDaravon

Did a full Act 1 runthrough on MP3. Died way more than I should have, but it's perfectly doable and will probably be what I sit at for right now, maaaybe will tune it down to MP2. Got this Stormshield though:

WqNBS.jpg

I know these used to be the thing, but I have NO idea how to price this as I'm not sure what's important to a Barb on these things. On US, I couldn't really get an idea from the AH. There's one up now with higher strength and slightly lower Dex for a 3 million buyout, but the block rate on it is 25% which is lower than mine. Then there's another one with about the same strength and less Dex with a 28% block for 4.6 mil, then there's one with higher Str but lower Dex but a 34% block rate that's a 45 mil buyout.

So I'm guessing that the biggest thing on these is the block rate, so in theory mine would probably slot in at around the 5 million range assuming that the first two above are actually priced appropriately? I really have no idea. If nothing else I can just toss it up with no buyout and let it go for whatever I guess.

kennah

Here's my barb

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grosbill-1217/hero/1468398

I have exactly 17 million gold, what should I upgrade to get out of my shitastic dps?

I guess that once I'm beyond a certain point, the life steal will help me stay alive much longer but as of now, MP3 takes forever

You should be able to find some +crit chance bracers for not too much.

A better helmet would go a long way for you too I think.

Also that Sever may actually be holding you back. A +STR 7-8 crit chance shield might give you a huge boost.

Fularu

Banned
You should be able to find some +crit chance bracers for not too much.

A better helmet would go a long way for you too I think.

Also that Sever may actually be holding you back. A +STR 7-8 crit chance shield might give you a huge boost.

I thought the point of a ww barb was to use weapons in both hands? Also would it be worth the loss of 3% (well 0.6% but still) life steal?

The problem with helmets (with high crit chance, socket, all res and str) is that they are prohibitely expensive for the little gold I have

This is what I noticed as well. A LOT of people are getting legendary drops. The market should be interesting.

IN the two weeks prior to 1.0.5 I made about 100 million and bought a new fist, pants and helm. I should have saved every penny.
It was really tempting to spend but I held onto my gold so I'm sitting right around 100 million right now.

I'm thinking I need to upgrade my bracers and the amulet too just because I can get higher MF just from playing higher MP levels, though probably still will wait at least another week for the market to maybe stabilize. Thoughts anyone?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cerebus-1696/hero/16373259

kennah

I thought the point of a ww barb was to use weapons in both hands? Also would it be worth the loss of 3% (well 0.6% but still) life steal?

The problem with helmets (with high crit chance, socket, all res and str) is that they are prohibitely expensive for the little gold I have

My helmet ( a little above) was under a million. You have a LOT of resist all, which is going to price up your gear, but maybe you could drop a little if you find you aren't dying all that much.

This patch is awesome, I found my sweet spot at MP4, I only played like an hour yesterady and got a new Inna's Radiance, decent rolls it would have given me 3.5k more dps but I would have lost 35 res, and I need all the res I can have, hellfire ring is not for me though, I'd have to have a hellfire with a trifecta + all res to make worth it, otherwise I just increase the MP level if I want more exp, the only good use I could thing of would be to equip it onan alt to lvl up up to 60 faster. Looking forward to the innevitable Monk redesign and hoping for the best

larvi

It looks like my luck finally ran out on legendaries. After finding at least 1 and usually more in every run I just had 2 runs in a row where I didn't find a single one. All told, I've found 15 since 1.05, unfortunately most weren't worth more than a brimstone and the ones that did have some value are losing it fast. Here's the list of what I've found so far:

2xHellrack
2xAgeless Might
Heart Slaughter
Fragment of Destiny
Natalya's Embrace
Sun Keeper
Fury of the Vanished Peak
Crystal Fist
Blade of the Warlord
Visage of Giyua
Vile Ward
Tzo Krin's Gaze
The Three Hundreth Spear

Got my hopes up for the Nat's cloak but the 2 random affixes on it were int and barbs :(

lordy88

Nope, 100.

Amulet and rings can now be lvl 63.

What confuses me still is the point of the ilvl if items' affixes are affected by the monster level, not ilvl.

For example, that amulet was ilvl 60, but had 99% crit damage.

What's the point of ilvl then?

Edit: After thinking harder, my best guess is that monster level determines the possibilities of each affix, while ilvl determines how much of a 'budget' the item has. The 'budget' of good stats at ilvl 63 is higher than at ilvl 60, but they can share one specific affix if they are dropped by the same monster.

Is that how it works?

qazqaNii

On armors for example, higher iLVL means higher Armor(the stat), but then again +Armor could roll on iLVL61 items..

Thats all I know also iLVL63 looks cooler :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom