• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayyhem

Well first game on patch 1.05. Act I on MP level 2 (gear is bad) and this drops:

sUhLK.jpg

No idea what its worth

Well first game on patch 1.05. Act I on MP level 2 (gear is bad) and this drops:

sUhLK.jpg

No idea what its worth

My unborn child. LOL ...

Though prices are dropping. Sell it fast.

EDIT: I would sell to Xamdou if I were you.

What confuses me still is the point of the ilvl if items' affixes are affected by the monster level, not ilvl.

For example, that amulet was ilvl 60, but had 99% crit damage.

What's the point of ilvl then?

ilvl only affects the base armor / damage now if you're farming on MP 1+

dog$

Hates quality gaming
105 seems pretty OK to me. Everyone I know is on a mad hunt for keys, and I couldn't really give a shit. Playing on MP7 makes me feel like how I was when I first hit Inferno in 103, which is fine with me, as it makes the runs more engaging. As much as I liked being able to handle A3 much easier in 104, I didn't appreciate the difficulty leniency overall.

Being able to leave the game but not the party and retain stacks helps justify getting notifications of AH sales in game.

What can Crit Chance go now on Ammys and Rings? Did that go up too?
Yes, all jewelry was changed by 105.

Ring CC max is now 6, Amulet CC max is now 10.

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/

Prices are going to crash so hard. HAHAHA.

Yup I remember saying that a few days ago.

The only reason people paid so much for these things is because there was SUCH a limited supply. Like if you wanted top items and searched for them you'd only have 3 or so items of each one that would possibly be top tier of top items. This means those 3 people set how much that item was worth. If someone set to 500m the other two could afford to undercut him at 490m. Still a ridiculously high amount.

Now its going to be a lot more fluid and everything will be lower. People wont be able to control the prices as much and items will start to be worth what they really are worth according to the stats/one step lower items.

Its going to be good how we wont have to bitch about not seeing any top gear though, after all you eventually do wanna get some good stuff...in a loot game.

While home at lunch I checked the AH and people were putting up shenlongs relentless assaults with sockets and 850+ DPS for 50 million buyouts. There were 110-150 million a couple days ago.

I really should have saved my money I made over the last couple of week instead of spending it.

Xamdou

While home at lunch I checked the AH and people were putting up shenlongs relentless assaults with sockets and 850+ DPS for 50 million buyouts. There were 110-150 million a couple days ago.

I really should have saved my money I made over the last couple of week instead of spending it.

I should have just sold all my gear at very high prices before the 1.05 update and buy again now for cheap... seriously though prices have dropped at least 50% or more.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Just let me get a god damned Nats ring with base CC (even a paltry 3%) and Int for 100M or less.

I will wait. I will wait.

I should have just sold all my gear at very high prices before the 1.05 update and buy again now for cheap... seriously though prices have dropped at least 50% or more.

I was thinking about this the other day as well. I could have leveled another toon to 60 or something in the meantime.

I always plan on being proactive regarding the economey and updates, but I don't think anyone anticipated the prices to fall this fast.

Fularu

Banned
Would mighty weapons be a bad choice for barbs? I mean the +3 fury sounds tame compared to +10% crit or +15% damage but that would allow one to rune battlerage for +30% damage instead of chance to get fury on hit.

Anyone has an opinion on them?

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I was thinking about this the other day as well. I could have leveled another toon to 60 or something in the meantime.

I always plan on being proactive regarding the economey and updates, but I don't think anyone anticipated the prices to fall this fast.

Almost makes me want to jump in now and purchase but I imagine this isn't the bottom even in the short term. I am sure there will be an influx of players and thus items found this weekend.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Can anyone recommend me a decent Wizard build for my gear, I'm low on gold right now so it's hard to switch it up and I don't have nearly enough APOC for CM (to my knowledge).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hyduk-1931/hero/5095361
Right, if you were looking to venture into CM-permafrost territory, you'd need more CC, IAS, and some sort of APOC. The absolute minimum specs to look for if you're considering it in the future would be 2 Attacks Per Second, 50%CC, and 20 APOC.

Your EHP is high enough, and you're not using CM at all, so I'd recommend dropping Diamond Skin. DS is more meant to be spammed by permafrosting, since it gives a way to continuously recast it. You're running Hydra Kite, so you shouldn't need DS at all. Consider using Time Warp, since 105 buffed it, and it would provide an alternate means of slowing enemies down and letting them eat Hydra shots and your lightning.

Changes beyond that depend on how you want to use your Wizard. I run CM(MB) permafrost with average gear (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/4975484), and I've set the build to ensure maximum recasting of FN. I can't independently kill anything worth a damn, but I only play the game in multiplayer, so that's how I can justify how I have my character set.

Wallach

Having this problem where my fps halves and it stays that way until I alt tab out and back

I've always had some issue like that. Originally I'd make it stop by hitting my hotkey for FRAPS screenshot, so I assume it is some kind of CPU resource issue in their engine. Playing in fullscreen windowed mode seemed to take care of it.

Vodh

Damn. MP 10 allowed me to finally test this to a point of absolute certainty, and sadly, Wtich Doctor's Firebomb: Ghost Bomb's secondary explosion affects only the targets unaffected by the primary explosion. What am I going to use as my primary skill?!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
No CHD.
No IAS.
No LS.
No LOH.
No Socket.
Not much. Probably Brimstone. Sorry.

Fun follower item though.

Definity

Finished my first hellfire ring with the help of some gaf folks. I'm a lightning monk so it's not terrible. Rolled vit too.

ibabU3ortCuU3I.png

Sigmaah

You guys think I got a good deal on these barb pants?

I bought these for 770k

Stats are

- 152 strength
- 123 vitality
- 45 all res
- 67 intelligence
- 107 life regen
- 2 open sockets

Similar pants were starting for 100M+ on the AH so idk of I should keep or sell them.

Revoh

You guys think I got a good deal on these barb pants?

I bought these for 770k

Stats are

- 152 strength
- 123 vitality
- 45 all res
- 67 intelligence
- 107 life regen
- 2 open sockets

Similar pants were starting for 100M+ on the AH so idk of I should keep or sell them.
Nice deal

Finished my first hellfire ring with the help of some gaf folks. I'm a lightning monk so it's not terrible. Rolled vit too.

ibabU3ortCuU3I.png
Nice ring! :)

Found 2 legendaries and 1 set today. I don't get excited anymore lol

eeNty.png

I could really use a price-check on these. These don't always roll with crit chance so to get 6% is great, but there are only three others across both auction houses that share that stat, and they all have double rolls of int (~250). They're also all priced with starting bids of 1,000,000,000 or more, which seems a little extreme. I guess the closest one is one for 300,000,00 buyout, 30mil starting bid with 5.5% crit chrance. Haven't had my hands on a decent item in a while so any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

Revoh

We had a good crew tonight. Going to farm more keys for another run soon. :)

Yeah, I think we can up the MP just a notch against the ubers, wasn't so hard at MP5, but I don't know, first time I fight all 6 of them.
I'm going to bed now, see you guys tomorrow!

LowParry

Damn. MP 10 allowed me to finally test this to a point of absolute certainty, and sadly, Wtich Doctor's Firebomb: Ghost Bomb's secondary explosion affects only the targets unaffected by the primary explosion. What am I going to use as my primary skill?!

Couldn't you use the Fire Bombs? I just started up my WD and sadly can only only roll MP1 (which sucks). I'm not even sure I'm using the right build for it but it works for now. Any tips?

Dahbomb

Didn't find a legendary on my latest run (was only mp3 though as opposed to mp5 on previous runs) but I did find a very nice glove.

150 Intel, 99 dex, 40 light res, 7% ias, 40 all res, 8% cc

Put it for 20 million no buyout.

IceMarker

Accidentally picked up an extra Staff of Herding recipe from Izual, anyone know how to delete the item considering I can't drop it, re-teach it, trade it, or sell it to a vendor? Otherwise it's a permanent wasted inventory space :(

Accidentally picked up an extra Staff of Herding recipe from Izual, anyone know how to delete the item considering I can't drop it, re-teach it, trade it, or sell it to a vendor? Otherwise it's a permanent wasted inventory space :(

Are you sure you can't drop it? I've definitely dropped the rest of the materials.

^Sorry, there's your answer.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

you can't drop it anymore?! wat

All these green and orange drop posts make me want to play more

I think I could handle Act 1 MP 2, what are green/orange drops like there?

M.D

Just bought these for 15K

Are these worth millions or are they missing some stat?

egcJc.jpg

I'm seeing similar ones going for millions but they usually have 2 sockets or more stats like armor

Shadow780

What kind of mark does legendaries and set items leave on the map? Does it appear on the overall map?

I play this game pretty much on mute now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu DDDD= I played all night long today and had only legendary drop. A wizzardspike, which is probably going to be a brimstone in the end.

I know it's childish but i'm really jealous of all the amazing finds of some gaffers =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom