• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

Just bought these for 15K

Are these worth millions or are they missing some stat?

egcJc.jpg

I'm seeing similar ones going for millions but they usually have 2 sockets or more stats like armor

Edit* nvm, i thought it had str ><

MKAllDay

Hey could anyone give me a price check on this? I don't like to make a habit of hasking for PCs but with SOJs it is difficult to locate ones similar to mine on the auction house. Thank you.

tCXw3.png

Hey could anyone give me a price check on this? I don't like to make a habit of hasking for PCs but with SOJs it is difficult to locate ones similar to mine on the auction house. Thank you.

tCXw3.png

I found a similar, decent Monk SOJ pre-patch and couldn't move it at clearance level prices.

Talaysen

Are other people still finding legendaries tonight like they were last night? It's dried up for me.

I am.

I found 0 last night and 0 tonight.

Though one of the amulets I found last night is now on the AH with a bid of 10m. Hoping it goes higher but that's still not bad.

koji

Found 3 legendarys and one set item yesterday in about 3 runs. Set item is a 950dps manajumas carver, a thing I can actually use on my WD, craaaaaazy... It doesn't really fit in my build atm though, kinda need the 800LOH on my current weapon, but still, nice to loot something I can actually use.

Omg, all the bitching and moaning did work for me!

I found two legendaries within minutes of each other. One crappy gladiator gloves and one IK boots. I have no idea how sought out they are, but I'm guessing not too much?

Mine was better than the cheapest ones, 75 all res, 95 str and 136 vit, 12% speed, but the cheapest pair of boots was at 24.5m, I put mine at 20m and hopefully I'll just be able to sell it =I I really don't think, looking at their stats, they are worth that much, so I'm just hoping I get whatever I can from it and we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Yep, just sold it, within minutes. I know I could have gotten more for it, but honestly, at the current market, I just don't think it's worth holding on. Even just a couple days might have the prices change a lot. And looking at the top tier to the lowest tier of the boots, the stat differences are minimal, I just couldn't see somebody paying 50m more for basically 40 more vit :p

Nice :D I now have 44m, and hopefully if I sell my perfect star ametyst I'll be at 50M+, which is a first for me in this game :)

Vicros

I've killed the act 1 keywarden 5 times now on MP5 and still no key. I had great luck with keys last night, now nothing. Might turn it up to MP7 and see how that goes.

This is taking forever just to gather the keys, then my last ring part might not even drop from the uber boss.

koji

I've killed the act 1 keywarden 5 times now on MP5 and still no key. I had great luck with keys last night, now nothing. Might turn it up to MP7 and see how that goes.

This is taking forever just to gather the keys, then my last ring part might not even drop from the uber boss.

Did two runs last night with 3 friends on MP3, one guy got a key 2 times everyone else 0.

sleepykyo

Are other people still finding legendaries tonight like they were last night? It's dried up for me.

Only 1 but I've been trying to get the keys. 1st one took 3 tries. Currently trying to get the second key and 7flops@mp4. There is less than a 3% of getting screwed that badly on the drop.

edit: Yet another flop. .6^8 now.

Accidentally picked up an extra Staff of Herding recipe from Izual, anyone know how to delete the item considering I can't drop it, re-teach it, trade it, or sell it to a vendor? Otherwise it's a permanent wasted inventory space :(

trick solution:

1-create a new char,
2-give to the new char,
3-delete the new char.

edit:

15 min run and another legendary, the legendrop party continues for me :)

Wolfie5

Damn. MP 10 allowed me to finally test this to a point of absolute certainty, and sadly, Wtich Doctor's Firebomb: Ghost Bomb's secondary explosion affects only the targets unaffected by the primary explosion. What am I going to use as my primary skill?!

I would recommend Firebomb: Flashfire. Compared to Ghost Bomb, I find Flashfire much more effective against large groups. Plus if you miss your first shot close to a monster, it will bounce and hit, since it auto targets(one way or another you will always hit).

You can use strategically in tight areas. Example: In Keep Depths, my pets blocks elitepack from going through the doorway and I sometimes put my self close to the wall so that no one can shoot me from that angle. I would than just fire close to the door and the bounces would take care of the rest.

Also like that you can get high killstreak(XP bonus) since you can just fire away at large groups and have a lot of fireballs jumping around from target to target. My record killstreak is close to 150 monsters killed, which was only possible at Act 1 Jar of souls.

koji

Just got legendary number 5 since patch 1.05, it's crap but still crazy the rate at which they're dropping now.

HenryHSH

Can you guys help me price my first good drop?

Vzc8U.png

Sold for 100M (85M after tax). It didn't even have any bids at 55M.

Of course, now I feel like I could have gotten more, etc. But I saw better Manticores going for less so I should be satisfied.

---

Anyway, lol... I'm on Nightmare and went from 44 to 48 in 30 minutes. MP10 with 11k DPS on my monk. I love my 1k DPS mace with 108DEX and 129VIT (cost me 5k).

228.9% bonus XP with gear and gem make me want to go for the level 2 of each class achievements.

While I'm really glad that I'm actually in the process of amassing a set...

Why couldn't it be one of the guaranteed good, class specific ones?

Put the chest on my Barb. It's actually fairly decent with some gems in it

The belt is undeniably shit though

Cipherr

Looking for some help. Any non glass cannon DH's in the thread? Ive been trying to figure out where to go next on my DH without sacrificing all of my resists and survivability in exchange for 200k dps. But Im wondering if maybe I am wasting my time. Perhaps just going glass cannon and clearing a lower Monster power level extremely fast would be more efficient.

I feel like if I try and keep raising my resists, the costs for the pieces I need will continue to get more and more outrageous.

Link to armory: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cipherr-1757/hero/4831

scnxj.png
gP9Gr.jpg

Im thinking maybe if I instead get gear with crit damage instead of Attack speed (rings etc) then maybe that would work out better for damage. Ive been trying to keep a good amount of attack speed on my gloves/rings/ammy because the slow attack of xbows kind of bugs me and makes macroing feel so sluggish. But maybe it would be for the best.

Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone tried both sides? A more durable DH versus a more glass cannon? Which do you feel worked best?

Anyway, lol... I'm on Nightmare and went from 44 to 48 in 30 minutes. MP10 with 11k DPS on my monk. I love my 1k DPS mace with 108DEX and 129VIT (cost me 5k).

228.9% bonus XP with gear and gem make me want to go for the level 2 of each class achievements.

Monster power works at low levels for alts? Oh laaaaaaaaaaaawd thats fantastic news. The exp............ oooooooooooh my god.

jkanownik

The auction house is amazing right now. Prices are falling for some items like crazy (Sun Keeper's are down ~50%) and people are putting up items at ridiculous prices. There are 10x+ easy flips popping up every few minutes. People who weren't finding good stuff before have no idea how to price their items.

I just bought a Sever with 935 dps and 900 LOH for 35K.

koji

Anyone have a suggestion for a barb build for my friend who just started playing again. What's the go to build atm? (if there even is such a thing...)

mlaz14

Looking for some help. Any non glass cannon DH's in the thread? Ive been trying to figure out where to go next on my DH without sacrificing all of my resists and survivability in exchange for 200k dps. But Im wondering if maybe I am wasting my time. Perhaps just going glass cannon and clearing a lower Monster power level extremely fast would be more efficient.

I feel like if I try and keep raising my resists, the costs for the pieces I need will continue to get more and more outrageous.

Link to armory: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cipherr-1757/hero/4831

Im thinking maybe if I instead get gear with crit damage instead of Attack speed (rings etc) then maybe that would work out better for damage. Ive been trying to keep a good amount of attack speed on my gloves/rings/ammy because the slow attack of xbows kind of bugs me and makes macroing feel so sluggish. But maybe it would be for the best.

Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone tried both sides? A more durable DH versus a more glass cannon? Which do you feel worked best?

Monster power works at low levels for alts? Oh laaaaaaaaaaaawd thats fantastic news. The exp............ oooooooooooh my god.

IMO unless your regularly trying to run MP 6 or higher you don't need that much resists. Even then your DPS is kinda low so its going to take a while to kill stuff.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/hero/13902955

You don't need to go pure glass I think I'm pretty balanced and with 357 all res and like 450 phys res steamroll MP4 and lower although I have spent a lot of gold to get a nice balance. Haven't run 5 solo and only done 6 and 7 in groups. While things like mortar hurt pretty bad in MP6+ on 4 or lower its not an issue.

I haven't run an attack speed heavy build but I find stutter stepping with very little increased attack speed isn't really a problem. I think adding some crit damage would help out a lot because your crit chance is pretty good.

Wolfie5

Just saw this on the AH:
F7w9k.jpg

And wow, the prices on items are dropping fast. Witching hour was at least 50m buyout before patch. Now I see prices that are around 30m.

V_Arnold

Had an hour or two last night to try this out, I think that with this patch, Diablo III has gotten so much better, that I could not imagine playing 1.0.4 before. Also, I thought the same about 1.0.4 (as in: way better than 1.0.3, what where we thinking, etc), so overall, I am glad that the developers are not resting.

Killed the keywarden in Act 1 like 4-5 times on MP2, no drop. No surprise, but still.
Also, Act3 Inferno is WAAAAAY easier than MP1 Act1 inferno. I did not believe my eyes.

Seriously, try it. Do MP2 Act1 and then MP2 Act3. Act3 mobs die faster, do less damage. Insane.

(Also, my WD got the first set finding ever, and it is a Zunimassa's Vision. Pretty average roll, but considering I have 500k gold, it was way out of my reach even now. Never imagined that in Diablo 3, a set item will drop for my class. So happy :)

Cipherr

Killed the keywarden in Act 1 like 4-5 times on MP2, no drop. No surprise, but still.
Also, Act3 Inferno is WAAAAAY easier than MP1 Act1 inferno. I did not believe my eyes.

Seriously, try it. Do MP2 Act1 and then MP2 Act3. Act3 mobs die faster, do less damage. Insane.

Seriously? I cant imagine that. Ill try it later today. I did an Act 1 run and found my first post patch legendary. A deadmans legacy quiver with Amazing stats, but 10% attack speed.

dVaCy.png

I almost fell out of my chair. I didnt know they could roll that low. Jesus....10%????!!

IMO unless your regularly trying to run MP 6 or higher you don't need that much resists. Even then your DPS is kinda low so its going to take a while to kill stuff.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTFFTB-1633/hero/13902955

You don't need to go pure glass I think I'm pretty balanced and with 357 all res and like 450 phys res steamroll MP4 and lower although I have spent a lot of gold to get a nice balance. Haven't run 5 solo and only done 6 and 7 in groups. While things like mortar hurt pretty bad in MP6+ on 4 or lower its not an issue.

I haven't run an attack speed heavy build but I find stutter stepping with very little increased attack speed isn't really a problem. I think adding some crit damage would help out a lot because your crit chance is pretty good.

Cool, Im going to try that. Im still scared to death of dropping resists. I really hate dying easy just because something gets a hit or three in, especially since Im not running Smokescreen anymore in exchange for the Boar tank pet. There are many times now where Ill get Jailed on top of a molten, or in the path of an arcane laser; or knocked back into a freeze orb detonation, or vortexed into the middle of a pack. Smokescreen would save me in those cases, but without it, its nice to not just fall over dead.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

Any ideas on what to replace over here? I'm thinking about my shoulders as has been suggesting before, but Vile Wards are still extremely expensive, and at the moment I can't forego of 145 of vit because that will greatly affect my survivability.

I've been seriously considering replacing my weapon with a 1135+ DPS weap with a sock and life steal. It's amazing what 100 DPS extra on your weapon does to your overall dps when you have so many stats boosting your damage.

Melville

Heh, Grand Vizier and Dead Man's Legacy in the fields of misery, 2 minutes apart.

Anybody else have to re-enable MP in the options every time they start the game?

I had this problem once yesterday, but nothing since then. I just set the option again.

Celegus

I've still only found one brimstone while playing pretty much all night the past two days, 300% MF on MP3. So there are a few of us not rolling in the legendaries yet, but our time is coming!

Our gaf group last night killed all three bosses on MP3, and I got the ring piece from Maghda/SK. Really digging the infernal machine quest, since it gives you something to work towards while farming. The only thing that could make it even better is if the NHL would come back already so I can listen to games while I play.

Anybody else have to re-enable MP in the options every time they start the game?

Seems about 50/50, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

Robin64

I rolled a new barb (I don't have a high level one) and set MP to 10. I was instantly surprised at having to hit the zombies many times before they died and how much health I was losing at first. But holy crap, the levelling speed is glorious. And Normal not being an absolute cakewalk is beautiful. Wonder how long before I have to drop the MP, though.

I've still only found one brimstone while playing pretty much all night the past two days, 300% MF on MP3. So there are a few of us not rolling in the legendaries yet, but our time is coming!

Our gaf group last night killed all three bosses on MP3, and I got the ring piece from Maghda/SK. Really digging the infernal machine quest, since it gives you something to work towards while farming. The only thing that could make it even better is if the NHL would come back already so I can listen to games while I play.

Seems about 50/50, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
I've got two more keys from act 1 already from this morning. Time to get more keys from the other acts. Maybe we should try MP4 next time for the uber bosses as it seemed to go pretty well after we figured things out.

inky

Paragon level 8, at monster power 2 and still no legendary/set to be found. (or anything worth it really). War cry generating only 20 fury after tornadoes were also nerfed has to be the fucking worst idea ever. It's about enough for one sprint only and fury goes away so fast now it's hard to keep a nice stride with WW.

I might go back to my 2hander, bash+overpower+leap/stomp+seismic slam+earthquake build if WW is going to be this useless, but if I don't get a good item soon I might just drop the game altogether. Fucking hate my luck right now.

koji

Ok, I really didn't enjoy getting the infernal machine recipe in act 4, good it dropped on my first attempt. What a pain in the ass act to "farm". Good call Blizzard not putting a key there :lol

Really like what they did there, giving people something to do/farm for in every act.

Celegus

I've got two more keys from act 1 already from this morning. Time to get more keys from the other acts. Maybe we should try MP4 next time for the uber bosses as it seemed to go pretty well after we figured things out.

I'm game, it's worth trying at least. Survivability seems more important than super high dps, I didn't have too much trouble staying alive after I switched to a shield.

I think it's kind of funny that the bigger, more "tanky" bosses seemed to go down quicker. Skeleton King went down faster than Maghda, Ghom before Rakanoth, and Siege before ZK. Reverse pschology blizz?

ccbfan

Played when patch first came out found 2 legendaries, Gladiators and some crappy club, and a set, Inna pants (Crappy roll under 100 dex and 5x str). I've never found a ilvl 61+ item lengendary/set before now I found 3 in a span of a couple hours.

Sold everything I found first day for a low price in Bliz Bucks (Got 12 bucks after fees). (Wanted to sell whatever instantly)

I checked prices this morning before work and everything is now half price.

Prices are gonna continue to drop especially in terms of cash. Gonna completely redo my monk next week when prices start stablizing (I'll be away this weekend anyways). Never jumped on the cc and cd wagon but now looks like the time since I can make a pretty decent one for under 5 bliz bucks.

Revoh

IK's Chest is finally losing its value, I might be able to buy one in a week given the fact that oranges and greens are dropping like crazy.
I've been looking for this item for so long, in fact, I consider having this item (with good rolls) my endgame goal for 1.0.5 :p

Switftlame

Neo Member
The gems are crashing because very rich people bought mass amounts cheap before the patch and started to unload them on patch day hoping the demand of new players coming back. Now that the demands been hit should just keep dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom