• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Man, Ivory Towers suck. Got a nice yellow 240 STR/200 VIT, 25% block Shield for my Templar though. One more pet to play with!

M.D

You should get D3Bit (and a D3Up account) for that.

Thanks both :) D

There's no risk using D3Bit right?

I need a real quick advice.

There are 2 andariel's visage helms I'm looking at right now.
They have about the same stats but the biggest difference is one has a socket and the other one has 55AR

I'm not sure what to get.
The one with the AR is ending within an hour and the current bid is 2.9M. The one with the socket is ending in 12 hours, but already at 5.8M. Looking at other helms with those kind of stats and socket, it could go as high as 20M+, which I'm not going to pay.

I'm really not sure what to get. I could really use that socket for the extra exp (or even health), and I think my AR is already pretty good at 350-400

I'm afraid I won't get the AR one and the one with the socket will get a bid I could not match.

Edit: This is for a DH

eek5

There are 2 andariel's visage helms I'm looking at right now.
They have about the same stats but the biggest difference is one has a socket and the other one has 55AR

I don't know if this is the best way, but this is the way I've approached things. Basically I try to maintain about 30-40k HP. When I'm within that range I'll always try to raise my EHP using resists/armor. You can raise your EHP with actual HP but then that means your sustains (life steal/loh/regen) will be healing less EHP. If you raise your EHP with AR/armor your sustains will be doing more work.

I always get lucky on my 20-30 min speed runs at lunch. Well, not always, but it happens often enough. Today I got my best drop ever.

c3UTX.png

I'm gonna keep it though because it gives me a nice DPS increase over a crappy trifecta ring I had. Though I wonder if I can find a much cheaper yellow that's comparable for me. Could make me a nice penny. (I don't really want to go for the boots, I love my icewalkers.)

I'm up to 94K unbuffed now. :)

M.D

I don't know if this is the best way, but this is the way I've approached things. Basically I try to maintain about 30-40k HP. When I'm within that range I'll always try to raise my EHP using resists/armor. You can raise your EHP with actual HP but then that means your sustains (life steal/loh/regen) will be healing less EHP. If you raise your EHP with AR/armor your sustains will be doing more work.

Well, AR one just got to 7.8M with 13 minutes to go.

Dahbomb

After getting some legendaries I have realized that some of them are still ass. I have gotten 3 Warmongers, 1 Azurewrath, 2 Hellrack, Ivory Tower plus a bunch of other bad legendaries. They really need to buff some of these legendaries, it's still embarrassing when you get a bad one.

MrDaravon

I always get lucky on my 20-30 min speed runs at lunch. Well, not always, but it happens often enough. Today I got my best drop ever.

I'm gonna keep it though because it gives me a nice DPS increase over a crappy trifecta ring I had. Though I wonder if I can find a much cheaper yellow that's comparable for me. Could make me a nice penny. (I don't really want to go for the boots, I love my icewalkers.)

I'm up to 94K unbuffed now. :)

Super jelly, need that ring so bad for my DH :( My unbuffed damage is a bit higher than yours though (like 105k, although that's with Archery which is kind of a given) so I'll allow it ;)

Definity

They forgot to double the drop rate on legendary items in my game. Have not seen any set/legends drop since the first night of the patch.

Super jelly, need that ring so bad for my DH :( My unbuffed damage is a bit higher than yours though (like 105k, although that's with Archery which is kind of a given) so I'll allow it ;)

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm gonna sell it. I'm not going for the set, and I think I can find a comparable ring for a ton cheaper than I can sell it for.

I would like to upgrade my mainhand shenlongs to one with a socket and this ring will afford me that luxury.

If my stuff sells, I'll have about 35-40 million. I'm thinking I can find a replacemet for around that price, though I'll need to shop when I get home. The Reflection looks to be going for 150-250 million when I looked at home. It has a pretty high dex roll, crit DMG and nice AVG DMG.

M.D

OH MY GOD

This literally just got posted on the AH for 900K buyout

mTTUS.jpg

I bought it without thinking twice. Man, I have some luck!

Talaysen

Bought an Andariel's Visage yesterday. Then one drops today. Rolled dex, extra armor, 6% fire damage, 36% nova. The one I bought was int and a socket so it's better, but I found it amusing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
terrible at doing pics but how is this quiver the stats seem really good too me

fdf44fc4de98a2c25ff5aba4f6aa4df5be137c7f.jpg

Talaysen

One of the best Wizard belts is the Witching Hour. Intel, Attack speed and Crit damage. Good luck getting one, it's not cheap even in the current economy.

Yeah, I'm using one of those. Lowers my durability, but the attack speed and damage is nice. Otherwise, just get more Int/res/Vit on it. I suggest hanging on to a defense belt to swap in for survivability when needed even if you invest in a The Witching Hour.

Vodh

terrible at doing pics but how is this quiver the stats seem really good too me

http://i.picpar.com/fdf44fc4de98a2c25ff5aba4f6aa4df5be137c7f.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

For level 54 it's great. At lvl 60 it's vendor trash, you can get twice the crit, 15% AS and more dex for cheap. That's unless the vit + low %life combo somehow make it really expensive, but I doubt that.

larvi

Big thanks to Talaysen and eek for helping me out in killing the infernal machine bosses. My DH feels so helpless against those bosses, I spent 75% of the battles running around avoiding stuff that can pretty much one shot me.

I did get 2 of the pieces I need for the ring, I'll have to farm some more so we can do it again.

MrDaravon

OH MY GOD

This literally just got posted on the AH for 900K buyout

mTTUS.jpg

I bought it without thinking twice. Man, I have some luck!

That's a good deal, but not super amazing. The market has crashed hard on AV's (as with everything else), I'm seeing better ones than that for 2 million right now on US.

Got the Infernal Machine plans! Now just need a bunch of keys!

Got my first set piece too after about 300something hours of play. Its not great :(

Untitled-61.png

prices are everywhere all over the place but this looks low end as they come.

koji

looted these this morning;

Wonder how high they'll go, put them up as 15mil start bid, even if they just go for 15mil that will be the biggest sale on the AH I've ever did, amazed someone bid 15mil so fast cause the STR roll ain't great...

Ended up making 42.5mil on them, most money I've ever had/made, told myself not to spend it right away in the current market. Spend it about an hour later :lol

kennah

Screenshot075.jpg

My first set piece! Got it up for $250 right now just for fun. If it doesn't sell I'll probably end up using it for a while.

Finally found a set item, Blackthorn's Surcoat and then 2 minutes later a Frostburn Gauntlets
Also picked up another key of destruction and some actual DPS upgrades in one run :eek:

M.D

That's a good deal, but not super amazing. The market has crashed hard on AV's (as with everything else), I'm seeing better ones than that for 2 million right now on US.

Not the greatest deal, but still great deal. Similar ones are priced at 3.5-4.5M buyout on EU.
I also saw one with 55AR for 4.5M when I bought this and just a little earlier a similar one had a 7.8M bid with 13 minutes to go

Gah! I hate that my work days make me miss out on Diablo! I need Thursday to hurry up and get hear. Damn 12 hour shifts with a commute time of 2 hours.

Glad to see people are getting rings and loot. Going to work on my ring this weekend.

Mazzo

I'm sure I'm not the first one, but I've just came up with this build:
62sgI.png

Basically my plan is to use HotA as much as possible, and generate fury through critical hits from Battle Rage (Into the Fray) and Unforgiving.

For that, I need to crit more often than not. Currently my crit chance is 56% (gear and passives) + 3% (Battle Rage) + 10% in bursts from Overpower, plus the varying bonus from HotA (up to +20%?).

I'm having lots of fun trying it, but any one has any input on how to make this build more effective?

Edit: Should I keep using Thrive on Chaos? Even with the amount of fury I can spend and generate, it seems Insanity is still better.

Edit 2: Char community page: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mazzo-1484/hero/37415

Shadow780

It always gets crazy at the end. There's a IK belt that was 1 million 30 minutes before ending and got sold for 110 million at the last minute.

woot, another key before server shuts down.

Celegus

I toyed with a 2H rend build last night instead of my dual wield semi-WW build I was using, and I think I really like it. Instead of stacking LoH, I'm going for tons of life steal since that stacks really well with rend. I just need to get some IK boots for movement speed. Instead of doing MP3 before the switch, I can handle MP6 (although 5 seems like a good mix).

I would definitely recommend giving this build a shot, 2H weapons are insanely cheap still. Here's hoping it doesn't get the nerf-hammer next patch!

Also found a set ring last night... got really excited because I forgot there are rings other than Nat's and Zuni's. Stupid Compass Rose.

Definity

If I'm reading the update correctly about the patch it means I should be able to do MP7 if I could do MP5 without issue?

Sold about $7 worth of stuff in the RMAH yesterday. At the going rate for gold .48 you can really make out nice just with a few sales. I'm not sure some people even pay attention to the gold conversion rate when comparing prices.

MrDaravon

Hm, something happened and now I can't even select the MP level.

Wtf :| was working fine yesterday lol.

You have to go back into Options and reselect the ability to do MP. Seems to be a common issue, usually happens for me if I change Quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom