• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

Radiant Star Emeralds are in a funny spot right now.

Its cost 2.01 in RMAH but 6 million in AH.

1 million = .48 cents.

Converting that

in RMAH they are 4.1875M/$2.01
in AH they are 6M/$2.88

Too bad there's a high bliz tax cause some profiting could be made here.

Instead the profit is really slim.

1. Buy Emeralds in RMAH - $2.01
2. Sell in AH - 6 Mil * .85 = 5.1 Mil
3. Sell in RMAH - 5.1 * .48 * .85 = 2.08

After finding the Nats ring I decided I'm going to get the boots for the set and drop my icewalkers. I was going to sell the ring and replace with a cheaper yellow, but the yellow ring woudn't be that much cheaper. So I might as well make use of it if I have it. I bought a new set of bracers with a ton more vitality to replace my boots. Hopefully when I get home some things have sold and I"ll have 60 million to play with in aquiring those boots.

I also had a pretty nice roll on the hellfire ring last night. Slight increase in DPS even without IAS and CRIT simply because of the massive dex roll. It also rolled 280 LOH and naitive damage. All in all it was a very slight DPS increase coupled with LOH and AR. The boots I get should make up for the loss to crit too.

NecroRamone

Neo Member
I have some trouble pricing this, coz the best one with similar stats in the AH is 200 DPS lower. I also know this is not as good as it looks as it's not a mighty weapon or axe, lacks LoH/LS and the crit damage is low. (EU RMAH)

105_1.jpg

I have some trouble pricing this, coz the best one with similar stats in the AH is 200 DPS lower. I also know this is not as good as it looks as it's not a mighty weapon or axe, lacks LoH/LS and the crit damage is low. (EU RMAH)

105_1.jpg

Did you look for only swords as comparables? Look thorugh all the 1H items. A sword rolling that high if DPS with native crit / soc / str and vit should be worth a decent amount.

ccbfan

There needs to be some sort of gem sink.

There's no mechanism to reduce the amount of gems in the economy only increase.

That in addition that people really only care about having 2 high level Emeralds and 1 high level Ruby. The demand just isn't there. They really need to increase the value of high level gems on armor. A star emerald is 46 dex. A radiant star emerald is only 58 dex. 12 dex is not worth costing 5 million + more. It should be 80 dex at least.

I'm surprised people even bother to make gems. Its so much cheaper just to buy from AH. Those plans should be worth like 2K max.

Dahbomb

There needs to be some sort of gem sink.

There's no mechanism to reduce the amount of gems in the economy only increase.

That in addition that people really only care about having 2 high level Emeralds and 1 high level Ruby. The demand just isn't there. They really need to increase the value of high level gems on armor. A star emerald is 46 dex. A radiant star emerald is only 58 dex. 12 dex is not worth costing 5 million + more. It should be 80 dex at least.

I'm surprised people even bother to make gems. Its so much cheaper just to buy from AH. Those plans should be worth like 2K max.
There also needs to be a mechanic to get rid of all the items in the economy and better gold sinks. Crafting is still ass and the number of items continues to increase.

lordy88

There also needs to be a mechanic to get rid of all the items in the economy and better gold sinks. Crafting is still ass and the number of items continues to increase.

Possible solutions:

• Make items that are crafted ilvl 63 instead of ilvl 62.
  • Make recipes that allow re-rolls of rares/legendaries (i.e. 4 for 1, etc.)

Celegus

Dang Melville that's a nice belt. I was hoping for something similar to that for my barb but they were all crazy expensive, so I got a decent Lamentation (no all res hurts) instead. Should sell for a bundle.

Vodh

Just got a crappy Windforce (with reduced level requirement as its only redeeming quality) from a resplendent chest. Put it up on AH with no buyout, 4k minimum price, let's see what's gonna happen.

Revoh

put a shield with 16% block, 220ish vit, 200ish dex, 50 cold resist and 10% cc with no buyout, ended up selling it for 11.5 M lol, was expecting like 750k for it.

larvi

Just got a crappy Windforce (with reduced level requirement as its only redeeming quality) from a resplendent chest. Put it up on AH with no buyout, 4k minimum price, let's see what's gonna happen.

Windforce are great to put on a scoundrel if you run solo. The knockback really helps with crowd control

kennah

Windforce are great to put on a scoundrel if you run solo. The knockback really helps with crowd control

I put my shitty found Hellrack + Dex Hellfire ring on my Scoundrel. He does a little over 7k dps and the occasional 22k from the Hellfire burst, lol

It's nice having resplendent chests be worthwhile again though ehh?

oktarb

If you'be made it to Inferno on any character and you hit level 60 on another character you should be able to select to start at Inferno with that character. 2 cents added to the pot.

If you'be made it to Inferno on any character and you hit level 60 on another character you should be able to select to start at Inferno with that character. 2 cents added to the pot.

Getting a couple helfire rings will make leveling your character to 60 all that much easier too.

Vicros

Hey fenderputty you said you might be replacing your ice climbers? I'm in the market for a good pair.

Could you post either a pic or your profile so I can check them out? I would just inspect you but I'm at work for the next nine hours.

M.D

OK guys, I need your advice .
I still have 24M left and I want to get a lot more damage out of this character.

This is my profile
It's not up to date, I'm using this helm instead of the one that shows there.

mTTUS.jpg

These are my full stats not using Steady Aim, Sharpshooter or Perfectionist

First of all, I'm trying to get a good Dead Man's Legacy to replace my current Quiver

Second, I've been thinking about getting either natalya's bloody footprints or Ice Climbers. I already have natalya's embrace, so that alone would give me a 7 crit chance bonus which is excellent. Plus, they have movement speed which makes Ice Climbers prices jump to tens of millions.

I don't know if there's a reason for getting the Ice Climbers except the high DEX (which is less important than crit, plus I'll make up for the "lost" DEX with the quiver), the socket and the Life stat

What more could I do to improve my DPS? I'm not sure but I think at 1900-2100 DEX makes very little difference? It's all a bout crit chance, damage, and attack speed? Is the only way I could improve my DPS from now on is getting an amulet/rings with these stats?

There's also the weapon to consider, but I think for me to upgrade it, it would have to be a serious improvement in DPS and a second socket (which is extremely expensive, unless one drops)

Hey fenderputty you said you might be replacing your ice climbers? I'm in the market for a good pair.

Could you post either a pic or your profile so I can check them out? I would just inspect you but I'm at work for the next nine hours.

They're up for sale and not on my character now. I get home in three hours from work. If you're interested let me know and if they hvaen't sold, I'll sell them to you.

I have two pairs up for sale actually ...

First pair (most expensive due to good VIT roll as well):

210 Dex
90 Vit
12% life
73AR
SOC
11K health globes (I'll miss this the most, it's fucking awesome)

Second Pair (no VIT but more Dex) less expensive.

230 Dex
12% life
80AR
SOC

I'm tryingt to sell the cheap pair for 20 million right now. I priced to sell I think. I'm trying to sell the expensive pair for 40-50 million right now, though that's priced less agressively.

I would consider selling to a GAF'er for cheaper than market value FYI.

turnbuckle

Possible solutions:

• Make items that are crafted ilvl 63 instead of ilvl 62.
  • Make recipes that allow re-rolls of rares/legendaries (i.e. 4 for 1, etc.)

I like those, and offer some additional solutions:
  • Allow unique affixes on only crafted items (ie sockets on shoulders, potential 25% movement speed boots, bonus EXP % gear, 15 yard radius potential on gloves, 6% life steal on belt, 12% attack speed gloves, multi-socket 2 handed weapons, etc)
  • Combining different colored gems for new affixes (i.e. 10 of each color for a gem that gives all resistence / + X to Vit AND Primary stat / + X to multiple primary stats / Attack Speed / Crit Chance). Make the numbers random with a defined range on affixes.
  • Destroy either the item or the gem at the user's discrection when taking out gems
  • Create sets of rings and amulets that can be crafted using various gems

Vodh

I like those, and offer some additional solutions:
  • Allow unique affixes on only crafted items (ie sockets on shoulders, potential 25% movement speed boots, bonus EXP % gear, 15 yard radius potential on gloves, 6% life steal on belt, 12% attack speed gloves, multi-socket 2 handed weapons, etc)
  • Combining different colored gems for new affixes (i.e. 10 of each color for a gem that gives all resistence / + X to Vit AND Primary stat / + X to multiple primary stats / Attack Speed / Crit Chance). Make the numbers random with a defined range on affixes.
  • Destroy either the item or the gem at the user's discrection when taking out gems
  • Create sets of rings and amulets that can be crafted using various gems

Unique crafted items would be tricky in a way. Either they would be worse than rares/legendaries currently considered good, which would make them pointless, or they would be better, in which case drops for that given slot would become worthless. This would at least be the case with the 25% ms boots for example. A small bonus Exp% does sound like a neat idea - would be a good get for OCD Paragon Grinders while still not outclassing the other available gear in the long run.

Completely agree on the ilvl63 tho. If nothing else, it would keep the inflation in check at some price level, and possibly decrease the prices of top-end gear through the money-sink. Anything that would potentially decrease the gap between MP1 viable gear (which is so cheap that we should be able to buy it from Squirt tbh, since most people just throw it away) and the top end gear would be a good idea.

kennah

I'm at work and can't check, what is the cheapest component of the Immortal King's set? I'm thinking of using my Eternal Reign from above, and it would be nice to get that +60 all res bonus too.

turnbuckle

Unique crafted items would be tricky in a way. Either they would be worse than rares/legendaries currently considered good, which would make them pointless, or they would be better, in which case drops for that given slot would become worthless. This would at least be the case with the 25% ms boots for example. A small bonus Exp% does sound like a neat idea - would be a good get for OCD Paragon Grinders while still not outclassing the other available gear in the long run.

Completely agree on the ilvl63 tho. If nothing else, it would keep the inflation in check at some price level, and possibly decrease the prices of top-end gear through the money-sink. Anything that would potentially decrease the gap between MP1 viable gear (which is so cheap that we should be able to buy it from Squirt tbh, since most people just throw it away) and the top end gear would be a good idea.

I was just trying to think of a way to make crafting viable. They could be limited in their available affixes (say, 6 max) with one of those unique affixes being a guarantee.

Or heck, why not use gems and bs materials to craft unique dyes or designs that can be applied to gear - including legendaries! I'd love to change the color on my gear, but since most of it is a set or legendary I'm stuck with the default.

Perhaps use the crafters to make follower unique items that can have better than normal rolls and follower specific affixes?

I'd love to be able to make enchantments too.

So many ways to make the crafting materials and gems not only useful, but fun.

I'm at work and can't check, what is the cheapest component of the Immortal King's set? I'm thinking of using my Eternal Reign from above, and it would be nice to get that +60 all res bonus too.

The irons are the cheapest. If you're really strapped for gold I have an extra one in my stash I could give you, but I doubt it'd be an upgrade over what you're using :p

oktarb

I know the market must really be a limiting factor as they don't want to flood the market with crafted items. Maybe make some/all crafted items account bound (not materials). I could craft a Legendary but it would be account bound and then the market remains a dropped item area encouraging people to continue adventuring.

kennah

The irons are the cheapest. If you're really strapped for gold I have an extra one in my stash I could give you, but I doubt it'd be an upgrade over what you're using :p

Haha. I was hoping it was the Irons. My gloves are the ones you gave me :p 9% Crit, 23%Chance 131Str and 27vit. I'll see how much a crap pair of Irons are, but might hit you up if I can't afford them.

turnbuckle

Haha. I was hoping it was the Irons. My gloves are the ones you gave me :p 9% Crit, 23%Chance 131Str and 27vit. I'll see how much a crap pair of Irons are, but might hit you up if I can't afford them.

Ha, no prob. I remember how excited I was to have the Irons drop for me. It happened about 2 months ago and was the first set item I ever had drop. Left the game, checked the AH, and then :(. lol

Talaysen

Destroy either the item or the gem at the user's discrection when taking out gems

I think adding features that inconvenience the players this much in the name of "gem sinks" is a horrible idea. I would not spend 16m on a top tier emerald gem if it's just going to get destroyed when I get an upgrade. Or I could destroy my previous equip, which may also cost a lot. Maybe people with hundreds of millions of gold can afford it, but us people who aren't rich get completely screwed over.

I like the other ideas though. Giving people a reason to use up gems if they want is better.

M.D

I can't believe this..

Some guy in the chat says he's willing to sell this quiver

QYdAq.jpg

I asked him how much he wanted, and he said 20M, which I told him is fair but thought is way too low considering the perfect attack speed and crit chance, plus the high dex.

Not long after, I asked him if he wants gold + items for it, and he says he sold it..... for 1 MILLION

I ask him why and he says because every in the chat were offering 600-800K for it
I really hope he's just trolling or something.

turnbuckle

I think adding features that inconvenience the players this much in the name of "gem sinks" is a horrible idea. I would not spend 16m on a top tier emerald gem if it's just going to get destroyed when I get an upgrade. Or I could destroy my previous equip, which may also cost a lot. Maybe people with hundreds of millions of gold can afford it, but us people who aren't rich get completely screwed over.

I like the other ideas though. Giving people a reason to use up gems if they want is better.

Yeah, I don't really like the idea myself either. I'd prefer something to be a gem sink to increase the value of gems than something to penalize the player.

zulux21

Yeah, I don't really like the idea myself either. I'd prefer something to be a gem sink to increase the value of gems than something to penalize the player.

personally I think a gem sink along the lines of you can use a radiant star to give your character a permanent boost to a stat (I am thinking around 3 points but perhaps even as low as 1) that the gem normally gives. This would then cost people around 6mil per 1-3 stat points which would also eat up the hoards of gold from people who want that extra edge and have a ton of money.

kennah

Something over 900dps with some int and a higher crit? And pull one of the gems from one of your other characters. Bumping that 45% crit up to a 80% would probably make a huge difference.

OR, you could go the two hander route. You could easily find something with 1200dps and 400-500int and some decent crit. Your Garg makes a big mess then, it's fun :)

Ok so is that my most wanted item atm? Any tips on what to look for? I have 40 mil to work with

I'd take the MF out of your helm and put a Amethyst if you want to survive more or a Ruby if you want to level more Switch that star int gem into your armor for more int. Buy the highest Emerald I think they are pretty cheap right now to put in your weapon for 100% crit damage bonus. Get rings with crit chance and IAS. Should knock you up to 75k-85k dps. The weapon will need an upgrade too eventually.

Your Thing of the Deep has very very low damage.

dtrush

First of all, I'm trying to get a good Dead Man's Legacy to replace my current Quiver

Second, I've been thinking about getting either natalya's bloody footprints or Ice Climbers. I already have natalya's embrace, so that alone would give me a 7 crit chance bonus which is excellent. Plus, they have movement speed which makes Ice Climbers prices jump to tens of millions.

I don't know if there's a reason for getting the Ice Climbers except the high DEX (which is less important than crit, plus I'll make up for the "lost" DEX with the quiver), the socket and the Life stat

What more could I do to improve my DPS? I'm not sure but I think at 1900-2100 DEX makes very little difference? It's all a bout crit chance, damage, and attack speed? Is the only way I could improve my DPS from now on is getting an amulet/rings with these stats?

There's also the weapon to consider, but I think for me to upgrade it, it would have to be a serious improvement in DPS and a second socket (which is extremely expensive, unless one drops)

Inna's favor & Temperance

Vicros

Hm, something happened and now I can't even select the MP level.

Wtf :| was working fine yesterday lol.

I get this constantly, it's pretty annoying. I've also had a bad problem with disconnects ever since 105 came out. This has never been a problem before, but it's gotten really bad the last few days. It makes it hard to farm keys when my server connection times out every ten minuets. Even worse this makes me a liability in uber boss runs.

They're up for sale and not on my character now. I get home in three hours from work. If you're interested let me know and if they hvaen't sold, I'll sell them to you.

I have two pairs up for sale actually ...

First pair (most expensive due to good VIT roll as well):

210 Dex
90 Vit
12% life
73AR
SOC
11K health globes (I'll miss this the most, it's fucking awesome)

Second Pair (no VIT but more Dex) less expensive.

230 Dex
12% life
80AR
SOC

I'm tryingt to sell the cheap pair for 20 million right now. I priced to sell I think. I'm trying to sell the expensive pair for 40-50 million right now, though that's priced less agressively.

I would consider selling to a GAF'er for cheaper than market value FYI.

That first pair is pretty great (wow at 11k health globe bonus and vit), but I can't give up my movement speed. I've reached a point where to even get an upgrade I need very specific rare roll combinations to see any improvement.

I'm looking for Ice Climbers that have:

~260 dex (my current boots have 266 dex, so at least close to 260, so I can have over 300 dex with a gem)
50+ fire resistance
70+ all resistance
12% movement speed
50+ vit

Movement speed is the most sought after roll on Ice Climbers so that immediately jacks the price up. I have seen a pair that had better stats than I listed go for 450mil. No way am I paying close to that craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom