• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this today,

icZry7mQpwGE9.jpg

congratulations ! you got an item you will struggle selling for a million now !

Do bows roll lifesteal and life on hit ever? Thinking of installing hotswap script and investing in a anti reflect damage bow.

Its pissing me off. I've looked for gear but anything with LoH with my current stats is going to cost a shitload of gold. Gold obviously I don't have.

So I'm like OK let me switch builds. I put three healing skills on and switched my companion to Boar.

-Boar
-Entangling Shot - Bounty Hunter
-Gloom
-Mark of Death - Death Toll

4 non agressive skills taking up slots.

I've literally activated all of them at once and shot an entangling shot at some reflect damage mobs and still ended up taking damage...I have Boar up already I hit 4 to mark them I then hit two to enter gloom and I shoot entanglign shot at them and I STILL lose health...

Dahbomb

Bows do roll life steal/LOH and you are going to need that if you want to take on Reflect damage mobs. You can also socket in an Amethyst for some LOH.

Also use Caltrops and/or Sentry (for the extra defense) along with Perfectionist and Numbing Traps passives for some extra defense.

Bows do roll life steal/LOH and you are going to need that if you want to take on Reflect damage mobs. You can also socket in an Amethyst for some LOH.

Also use Caltrops and/or Sentry (for the extra defense) along with Perfectionist and Numbing Traps passives for some extra defense.

Yes I'm going to invest in that and the highest Amethyst.

I'm gunna test out Caltrops and Sentry stuff next time I play.

MrDaravon

I love the feeling when you're IDing rares, and you haven't found something good in awhile... and then something like this happens.

uC3DR.jpg

Mother of God.

Got two legendaries on my run just now. I got a Dawn with good rolls but shit damage so it's worthless. However I just got this:

LvIt1.jpg

Am I...am I looking at the AH right? Am I actually rich? The cheapest comparable I'm seeing is about 26 million.

kennah

Basically yeah. You scored a really good %life roll. Basically that amounts to an amathyst for free in the helmet.

Misread the page. Your random stat is damage to attacker. But max str roll is 188. So teah is decent.

pompidu

Do bows roll lifesteal and life on hit ever? Thinking of installing hotswap script and investing in a anti reflect damage bow.

Its pissing me off. I've looked for gear but anything with LoH with my current stats is going to cost a shitload of gold. Gold obviously I don't have.

So I'm like OK let me switch builds. I put three healing skills on and switched my companion to Boar.

-Boar
-Gloom

I've literally activated all of them at once and shot an entangling shot at some reflect damage mobs and still ended up taking damage...I have Boar up already I hit 4 to mark them I then hit two to enter gloom and I shoot entanglign shot at them and I STILL lose health...

Try boar, sentry with healing aid rune, gloom and dont do aoe attacks. And make sure your life is somewhere around 45k. Youl be able to mp1 with those.

larvi

-Boar
-Gloom

Bows can roll both but while 2 handed non bow weapons can go up to 2000loh and 6%ls, 2 handed bows can only get 1000/3%. similar to 1 handers. I have over 800loh on my bow and another 600+ on my ammy and it still isn't enough for reflecters, I have to kite around an wait for life regen or my healing skill/potions to cool down to beat them. I just picked up a xbow with 3% lifesteal and going to give that a shot and see if that is any better than the loh.

After the hotfix today I am able to run mp6 now solo though at least for A1 key farming.

HenryHSH

I...I need a moment.

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sounded like a kettle in my head

edit:

On a less pointless note, are you guys farming Infernal Machine / Keys together? I could really use a group. MP4-6 maybe 7, but my damage is a little low for that I think.

Mystery

I can't believe this..

Some guy in the chat says he's willing to sell this quiver

QYdAq.jpg

I asked him how much he wanted, and he said 20M, which I told him is fair but thought is way too low considering the perfect attack speed and crit chance, plus the high dex.

Not long after, I asked him if he wants gold + items for it, and he says he sold it..... for 1 MILLION

I ask him why and he says because every in the chat were offering 600-800K for it
I really hope he's just trolling or something.

That's not perfect IAS. 20% is perfect on DML. It's still a good quiver because of bonus damage to Elemental Arrow.

RS4-

Holy hell how do you fight Act 4 plan boss? He gets reduce health regen on me and I'm done.

Is it wrong that I found the a4 more easier than a3? a3 one just gets obnoxious and annoying with the slow ice shit. He's more tolerable when I have him on a set of stairs and I just wail on him, all the times I've done that, he hasn't bothered putting up images and the aoe ice stuff isn't so bad.

Still haven't got a key from him though, or the a4 drop

Dahbomb

A3 warden is definitely the hardest. The ice he throws has the same hit bubble as the ground. Plus the teleporting illusions make it hard to keep track of his motions. You need to mark him.

zulux21

Finally found my first set piece.

http://i.imgur.com/d0zOB.png[img]

Seems OK in the AH. Is this worth anything?[/QUOTE]

cheapest one I found that had close to the same stats (on the US AH) was
[IMG]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1539/9417d84a39a44387a9f01d4.png

it was priced at 20.5 mil, so yours could likely sell for around 20 mil

Mystery

A3 warden is definitely the hardest. The ice he throws has the same hit bubble as the ground. Plus the teleporting illusions make it hard to keep track of his motions. You need to mark him.

Act 3 warden is nerfed into the ground. He can no longer spawn illusions, no longer has fast affix, his slow ability isn't as effective, and his attacks to less damage. ezpz

M.D

Inna's favor & Temperance

I used http://www.d3rawr.com/d to look how much that would help my DPS, and it looks like it would take me from 63K to 71K (assuming I'll put two star gems on the pants, and taking into account the 1 crit chance set bonus)

Now, is there any particular reason I should look at these items first over others? I could buy an amulet with 90 crit damage and 5 crit chance that would give a bigger DPS boost than any single one of those items will.

natalya's bloody footprints 7 chance crit bonus would so give me a bigger DPS boost than any of those will, and it's about the same price as Inna's Temperance

Talaysen

Was that in todays hotfix?? I need to run him again then.

I ran him solo on MP3 a bit ago and just facetanked him (wizard). That's not even with my defense gear equipped. Before today I would usually die 5-10+ times before beating him.

Well... today I found this

qQiV9.png

I'm still in shock

Woah, amazing.

I found a shield with 301 strength today. I didn't think shields could roll that high on stats...

Best run ever tonight got these three on the same run!
8OXUv.png

qWkd9.png

7vnEj.png

Then had a friend invite me to an infernal machine mp5 run where I got all three boss drops and~
HahKZ.png

Heres the hellfire ring I crafted, not too shabby for my 2nd craft ever!
27Udn.png

EDIT: It would be great if someone could help me price out that lamentation, It's relatively unique and the range im seeing on AH go from 150m to 500m! How important is rend to barbs?

Celegus

Wow, welcome to the billionaire club EscapingJail. That's a ridiculous haul.

All I got yesterday was a crappy Ivory Tower, but my wife got a 5.5 crit Storm Crow which seems to be around 100m. Only her 2nd legendary ever (10 levels of paragon between her monk and WD), so she's pretty pumped! Maybe she'll buy me some IK boots since I can't seem to find a cheap pair (11-12m is what I was hoping for).

koji

Maybe she'll buy me some IK boots since I can't seem to find a cheap pair (11-12m is what I was hoping for).

I sold a pair for 42m on monday, was amazed someone bid the 15m opening bid. They weren't even that good imo... Pricy stuff.

When will be the day I get a really good drop that I could sell for > 100M
I never had more than 70M feels bad man :(

70M?! I've never broken 20M and I've never bought anything that costs over 5M. Most of my gear is stuff that I've found and kept. I'll keep pounding away at MP3-4 with my 30k DPS monk until I find something big to sell. I might actually be able to move up to MP5-6 with the MP nerf patch. We'll see.

turnbuckle

Act 3 warden is nerfed into the ground. He can no longer spawn illusions, no longer has fast affix, his slow ability isn't as effective, and his attacks to less damage. ezpz

Yeah, he's incredibly easy. Had no problem with him on Monster Power 6 (well, other than the fact that he didn't drop a key). Easier now on MP6 than before on MP2

Celegus

Yeah, he's incredibly easy. Had no problem with him on Monster Power 6 (well, other than the fact that he didn't drop a key). Easier now on MP6 than before on MP2

That's great to hear. I've been avoiding him like the plague. I've had rubbish luck in Act 2 (0 keys in my last 6 MP5 runs) so maybe I'll try Act 3 again.

DSmalls84

Wow logged in last night for the first time in a while and was shocked that my 3.5 mil could by a decent Oculus for my Wizard. If the auction prices are indicative of the amount of items being found, I might start farming again regularly. Seems like the itemization must be a lot better.

IceMarker

I can't sell shit on either the gold AH or the RMAH, even with the ability to quickly search similar items, I even clear specific resistances and lower values to get a wider range of items to get a good feeling for price and they still just don't sell, even if I sell at less than half of the next highest item similar to mine. I don't get how you people are selling things for ridiculous prices yet I find decent to amazing gear and it sits in one of my ten slots collecting virtual dust for 36 hours.

MrDaravon

Okay, so I'm not sure what my next upgrade should be, any advice?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

and my in-game stats (Archery is on because why would you not run that, but no other damage skills):

W9iIi.jpg

In theory long-term I'm looking to probably get the Inna pants and Belt for that two-set bonus, and then the Nat cloak/belt/ring for that set bonus, all of which seems to be fairly standard for DH's. The problem is that the gear I have now is actually pretty decent, so to get those set pieces in a way that they're actually an upgrade it seems like I'm looking at 30-40 million a piece at a bare minimum, and in several cases more. I sold that Mempo and cleared about 21 million after fees, and bought the better Andariel's Visage I have equipped there which I believe is close to a perfect Dex roll so I'm not going to get much better than that on that piece anytime soon. Similar situation with the Strongarm Bracers, that piece seems to be the way to go for DH's, I think the Dex on that will roll 40 or so higher than what I have but that becomes way expensive for such a minor upgrade. My amulet (which I found) is also not going to be replaced anytime soon, just an equivalent amulet starts at around 50 million, and an actual upgrade way more than that.

It looks like I can maybe get some damage upgrades via rings by dropping some dex on them and taking critical damage instead. My crit % is high enough where that is probably worth it, but I'm also wondering if maybe it would be worth it to drop attack speed on the rings to get a dex + crit % + crit damage one? I wish the AH would show you comparisions :( Other than that, maybe in the meantime it would be worth it to get a Hellcat Waistguard or Blackthrone belt? That piece is the sort of obvious replacement, but even though as a DH resists don't do that much for me and my resists are already shit, I'm still hesitant to go all in and lose the all resist I have on that belt now lol.

Any advice is appreciated! Also it's awesome to see some folks here having some good luck. I was having mostly shit luck until the last couple of days, so if you're in a dry spell just try to keep at it!

Dahbomb

I can't sell shit on either the gold AH or the RMAH, even with the ability to quickly search similar items, I even clear specific resistances and lower values to get a wider range of items to get a good feeling for price and they still just don't sell, even if I sell at less than half of the next highest item similar to mine. I don't get how you people are selling things for ridiculous prices yet I find decent to amazing gear and it sits in one of my ten slots collecting virtual dust for 36 hours.
Undercut by a fuck ton. Even then you have to get lucky.

The only thing that will sell for high price are great rolls on Legendaries or near perfect on Rares.

eek5

The problem is the stuff you're undercutting isn't really selling either. People aren't pricing legendary rolls against rares at all, they're just undercutting each other and the people you're undercutting are competing with rares when they should be pricing new rares against the new legendary prices. Shit is all fucked up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom