• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm not sure what my next upgrade should be, any advice?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

and my in-game stats (Archery is on because why would you not run that, but no other damage skills):

W9iIi.jpg

In theory long-term I'm looking to probably get the Inna pants and Belt for that two-set bonus, and then the Nat cloak/belt/ring for that set bonus, all of which seems to be fairly standard for DH's. The problem is that the gear I have now is actually pretty decent, so to get those set pieces in a way that they're actually an upgrade it seems like I'm looking at 30-40 million a piece at a bare minimum, and in several cases more. I sold that Mempo and cleared about 21 million after fees, and bought the better Andariel's Visage I have equipped there which I believe is close to a perfect Dex roll so I'm not going to get much better than that on that piece anytime soon. Similar situation with the Strongarm Bracers, that piece seems to be the way to go for DH's, I think the Dex on that will roll 40 or so higher than what I have but that becomes way expensive for such a minor upgrade. My amulet (which I found) is also not going to be replaced anytime soon, just an equivalent amulet starts at around 50 million, and an actual upgrade way more than that.

It looks like I can maybe get some damage upgrades via rings by dropping some dex on them and taking critical damage instead. My crit % is high enough where that is probably worth it, but I'm also wondering if maybe it would be worth it to drop attack speed on the rings to get a dex + crit % + crit damage one? I wish the AH would show you comparisions :( Other than that, maybe in the meantime it would be worth it to get a Hellcat Waistguard or Blackthrone belt? That piece is the sort of obvious replacement, but even though as a DH resists don't do that much for me and my resists are already shit, I'm still hesitant to go all in and lose the all resist I have on that belt now lol.

Any advice is appreciated! Also it's awesome to see some folks here having some good luck. I was having mostly shit luck until the last couple of days, so if you're in a dry spell just try to keep at it!

Inna Pants alone (belt sucks, torse is godly but you will have to trade it against a nat and then that a Nat head but it sucks compared to Andariel). Nat's torse + ring for the bonus.

Look for Lacuni prowlers.

That belt with crit dmg.

Then a two socket manticore. Better rings and amulet (with new affixes and bi to tri factor if possible)

Also, more res. You must get one shot around

You have a lot room to upgrade. It will make you think you are downgrading because you have really good rolls of dex everywhere, but trust me, bi factor rings and attack speed on pants and prowlers will make your dps sky rocket.

MrDaravon

Inna Pants alone (belt sucks, torse is godly but you will have to trade it against a nat and then that a Nat head but it sucks compared to Andariel). Nat's torse + ring for the bonus.

Look for Lacuni prowlers.

That belt with crit dmg.

Then a two socket manticore.

Also, more res. You must get one shot around

With 400-500 on all resistances and 45k I was still getting 2 shotted, so I said fuck it. With my shit resistances there and 38k I still survive 2 hits.

I priced Manticores, for that I'll just need more money; I would have to spend all of my money (about 24 million) to have gotten something like a 2k damage increase weapon.

Stupid question, but what's a bi factor ring?

Edit: Looking at Lacuni Prowlers, with the stat calculators trading the Strongarm Bracers for those seems to be almost a complete wash (fluctuates about 1k damage either way). It'd also drop my crit % to 34% which is about the outside edge of what I'm willing to go to since I don't want to re-equip Sharpshooter. Also I'd lose about 200 armor that but's kinda whatever, but I'd also lose the 9% life. Is your recommendation on that based on the movement speed on the prowlers making that tradeoff worthwhile?

Edit 2: I hadn't considered getting the Inna pants alone and dropping the belt; that's a thought, the main downside there is my current pants are my most substantial source of Vit. With a 25 million pair of Inna pants I'd gain about 6k damage (I'd lose a bit of dex but gain the attack speed) but I'd lose 5600 health. Hm. The Witching Hour belt is the one you're referring to, has attack speed and crit damage, getting one with any amount of dex is about 35+ million, but I think I may save for that and make that my next purchase unless I can find some bi factor ring improvements.

M.D

How much does it cost to get the Blacksmith to level 10? I have all the things needed for the plan

Anyone from EU wants to do the infernal machine?

Westonian

With 400-500 on all resistances and 45k I was still getting 2 shotted, so I said fuck it. With my shit resistances there and 38k I still survive 2 hits.

I priced Manticores, for that I'll just need more money; I would have to spend all of my money (about 24 million) to have gotten something like a 2k damage increase weapon.

Stupid question, but what's a bi factor ring?

Combines Crit Chance with Crit Damage. Tri-factor adds IAS.

M.D

You got any keys ? I'm still farming keys s.t. I can hopefully do five rounds in a row later this week.

Got one of each key except of act 3 which I have 2 of and the plan

I haven't really tried to farm them until today, got everything by just joining games with friends

That first pair is pretty great (wow at 11k health globe bonus and vit), but I can't give up my movement speed. I've reached a point where to even get an upgrade I need very specific rare roll combinations to see any improvement.

I'm looking for Ice Climbers that have:

~260 dex (my current boots have 266 dex, so at least close to 260, so I can have over 300 dex with a gem)
50+ fire resistance
70+ all resistance
12% movement speed
50+ vit

Movement speed is the most sought after roll on Ice Climbers so that immediately jacks the price up. I have seen a pair that had better stats than I listed go for 450mil. No way am I paying close to that craziness.

Yeah ... a second resistance, 50+ vit and movement speed will run you a ton. The boots I had went pretty fast at 40 million. I like my new boots for damage and movement speed, but I miss the hell our of that 11K healthglobe bonus. It's possibly the most underrated attribute in the game IMO.

I'm also hitting a point were improvements are super super expensive. I need to upgrade my helm for more resists. That's not too bad after 1.0.5. Other than that I really just need to upgrade my shenlongs and both of those will run me 100-150m a piece.

There's always ring farming. I've got a pretty good one now, but would like to add a damage modifier to it if possible. Grouping with people and ring farming is fun though. I'm having a ton of fun in 1.0.5.

Wow logged in last night for the first time in a while and was shocked that my 3.5 mil could by a decent Oculus for my Wizard. If the auction prices are indicative of the amount of items being found, I might start farming again regularly. Seems like the itemization must be a lot better.

They really upped the ledgendary rate in 1.0.5. PLus you have a new legndary ring to farm and MP levels to mess around with making the game as challenging as you want. Pretty good patch so far IMO.

MrDaravon

So I just realized from Kate's post and looking at the AH and plugging some numbers into stat a calculators that if I drop my ring(s) that has high dex (like 180) and 7% attack speed and just spend like 2-3 million on a ring that has no dex but has 6-7% attack speed, 3 % crit chance and 20% crit damage I will gain a few thousand unbuffed damage.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN DOING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Just bought this ring for 2 mil (had just gone up as it showed 1d12h) and was a million or two cheaper than other rings just to make sure I was entering numbers right:

BOG1F.jpg

Goddamn it, I did not understand the importance of crit stats as well as I thought I did. Fuck.

Just found this ring, I don't think it's worth that much but my brother says otherwise. I tried looking up some of the stats on AH and couldn't find anything too comparable. There's no crit chance or high main stat boosts or all res.
Let me in, GAF.

af9Su.jpg

MrDaravon

Just found this ring, I don't think it's worth that much but my brother says otherwise. I tried looking up some of the stats on AH and couldn't find anything too comparable.
Let me in, GAF.

af9Su.jpg

See the post I just made above you lol. I think that 9% attack speed is as high as rings go, 6% crit chance is pretty damn good (the max?), and on top of that it has MF, Dex, and Vit. I don't know how much, but that is most definitely worth something.

eek5

Just found this ring, I don't think it's worth that much but my brother says otherwise. I tried looking up some of the stats on AH and couldn't find anything too comparable. There's no crit chance or high main stat boosts or all res.
Let me in, GAF.

af9Su.jpg

perfect asi/crit rolls? yeah that's garbage.

Give it to me; I'll salvage it for you.

eek5

Salvaged! You want the materials brah?

By the way, I'm actually serious I'm clueless when it comes to item values. I ain't jokin' my dudes.

Just search for crit/asi/int/vit and see prices

add mf and see if anything shows up

sort by ending soonest and check if similar stuff has bids, what the bids are, how much time is left

That's all anyone is really going to do to tell you how much it is worth. The market is changing so much, so fast right now that giving you an unresearched number isn't going to help you much.

MrDaravon

Salvaged! You want the materials brah?

By the way, I'm actually serious I'm clueless when it comes to item values. I ain't jokin' my dudes.

You're rich. That's probably in the tens of millions if not more. Someone much more qualified than me can chime in, but enjoy your monies. I did a very cursory search and that's probably 100+ million, anything similar on the AH is with lower stats.

kennah

Let me in, GAF.

af9Su.jpg

You have three perfect rolls in valuable stats. Listen to your brother dude :)

I'm also hitting a point were improvements are super super expensive. I need to upgrade my helm for more resists. That's not too bad after 1.0.5. Other than that I really just need to upgrade my shenlongs and both of those will run me 100-150m a piece.
Do I ever hear you on that. I was "excited" to spend close to 70M on my new bracers I got last night.

Amazing how far the prices of gems have fallen. I upgraded all my remaining gems yesterday as they're something like 1/4 the prices they used to be.

Dahbomb

lol, when did they use to be 4x the current prices? 1.0.1?
In 1.04 Radiant Star Emeralds were 22 million gold. Now they are 7 million gold. Not exactly 4x the difference but that is a huge drop. Other type of gems have fallen even harder.

zulux21

In 1.04 Radiant Star Emeralds were 22 million gold. Now they are 7 million gold. Not exactly 4x the difference but that is a huge drop. Other type of gems have fallen even harder.

to be fair everything is crashing. when I played a month ago I couldn't upgrade anything unless I spent over 5mil, yesterday I spent 5 mil and upgraded 5 or 6 slots lol

the price of gold in real money is below 50 cents a month ago it was up over $1

the market that seems to be falling the hardest is ammys though, but I suppose it makes sense given there are new best ammys to be found.

From what I understand it's two things.

- Super rich people bought up all the gems before 1.0.5 assuming a ton of people would come back, but went overboard. They're now dumping inventory.

- A bunch of gold farmers, after buying up a ton of stock, did the whole account dupe thing with blizzard claiming being hacked. When blizz restores, they have double the gems.

Either way ... the market is SO flooded with gems that the people who have them are dumping them at stupidly cheap prices.

Sarye

From what I understand it's two things.

- Super rich people bought up all the gems before 1.0.5 assuming a ton of people would come back, but went overboard. They're now dumping inventory.

- A bunch of gold farmers, after buying up a ton of stock, did the whole account dupe thing with blizzard claiming being hacked. When blizz restores, they have double the gems.

Either way ... the market is SO flooded with gems that the people who have them are dumping them at stupidly cheap prices.

to compound that, Gems don't get destroyed so there will be a constant growth in supply of gems with no way of disposing them.

That is what I was referring to...and I paid 4.1 million each for 6 of them last night so I stand by the 1/4 price statement.

Hell, gold used to be 2.50/million.

It was like 14$-20$ a million for 1.0.1. When people were just hitting inferno, blue weapons with high DPS were selling for a ton of money. How things have changed.

to compound that, Gems don't get destroyed so there will be a constant growth in supply of gems with no way of disposing them.

Sounds good to me. Maybe I'll be able to upgrade all my gems to the best soon.

M.D

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just a lost a bid for an amulet with 97 crit damage and 7.5 crit chance and a socket.. it sold for 3.5M!
Seriously, it's not fair. I put in a higher bid, but by the time it took for it to register and tell me there's a higher bid, it was already over.

Why is it so fucking hard for them to put a comma between the numbers? I get confused when there's little time and I want to put in a higher number than the one suggested and I lost time trying to figure out if I didn't put in 34M instead of 3.4M

FaidSint

Hey everybody. I'm actually just getting back into D3 after not having played it for a long time. When I last left off, I was getting omega-burned by Inferno Ghom with my Monk, and couldn't progress at all. Now I'm back, and after updating all my patches, beat Ghom in one try without breaking even close to a sweat. I then went on to beat Act 3 and 4, including Diablo, only dying once. (Before the patches, I would die 2-3 times per elite pack.. yikes).

Anyways, I've updated a bunch of my gear in the AH now that prices have gone way down for some stuff, so I'm relatively happy with my build, I'm just curious what you guys think of it. I'm built as a tank, so my deeps is understandably low, but I'm wondering if its a bit too low? Should I put more into Vitality of I'm going full tank? My resistances are off the charts, and I'm comfortable with my Armor/Dodging. I think so at least...

Any advice? Attributes to go for? Items to buy?

ddgTi.png

PS: Has the Monster Level patch come through for the general public yet? How have people been playing it? Trying to beat Inferno 1 by 1 on each difficulty? Or jumping to a certain level and farming? Just curious.

Just bought a new ammy and now i'm at 92k dps unbuffed. Too bad it's not showing on my profile yet.

I'm seriously thinking of saving money for an Echoing Fury. I just found out that the 0.23+ attack speed ALSO affects your main hand, so it's the perfect off hand in the game D: I tried it out with a crappy one and I had 2.25 ASPD with my monk lol

Vodh

I was farming yesterday and a Windforce dropped. At first I was happy, then I compared similar WF's on AH and it turned out mine is worth well below a million:

6axfh.jpg

So I wasn't so happy anymore. But then it has reduced level requirement, maybe that's worth something. Trying to find other pieces with 10+ reduced lvl req with some ridiculous buyout and nothing else. So I put it up for 100bid no buyout.

It's at 5.25m and there's still 11 hours left.

ddgTi.png

PS: Has the Monster Level patch come through for the general public yet? How have people been playing it? Trying to beat Inferno 1 by 1 on each difficulty? Or jumping to a certain level and farming? Just curious.

Not sure about items, especially for Monky since I don't play but maybe try going for critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Those are becoming the heavy hitter stats for all the characters.

The Monster Power thing has been implemented for about a week now and for me it's fun as hell. I've just been going on the highest MP I can handle comfortable and farming. I know some people who created entirely new characters and started fresh at MP10 and they're claiming it's a ball and a half.

Hey everybody. I'm actually just getting back into D3 after not having played it for a long time. When I last left off, I was getting omega-burned by Inferno Ghom with my Monk, and couldn't progress at all. Now I'm back, and after updating all my patches, beat Ghom in one try without breaking even close to a sweat. I then went on to beat Act 3 and 4, including Diablo, only dying once. (Before the patches, I would die 2-3 times per elite pack.. yikes).

Anyways, I've updated a bunch of my gear in the AH now that prices have gone way down for some stuff, so I'm relatively happy with my build, I'm just curious what you guys think of it. I'm built as a tank, so my deeps is understandably low, but I'm wondering if its a bit too low? Should I put more into Vitality of I'm going full tank? My resistances are off the charts, and I'm comfortable with my Armor/Dodging. I think so at least...

ddgTi.png

Critical chance and critical damage. The damage reduction from resists is scaled down the higher you go, AFAIK, so there's little point in getting 1k+ resists (the benefits are not returned at that high resist), you're better of lowering them and getting more DPS out of your build.

kennah

I know some people who created entirely new characters and started fresh at MP10 and they're claiming it's a ball and a half.

MP10 on Normal is amazing. Even without the Hellfire Ring and high level gems it is still totally doable for most characters. And you get a 200% bonus to XP so you level (and over level) soooo fast.

Vodh

How does the "adds X% to poison damage" stuff work? Does it increase the power but only for the skills that deal poison damage, or does it just take my damage, slaps a 7% poison damage bonus on top of it and calls it a day?

FaidSint

Critical chance and critical damage. The damage reduction from resists is scaled down the higher you go, AFAIK, so there's little point in getting 1k+ resists (the benefits are not returned at that high resist), you're better of lowering them and getting more DPS out of your build.

Not sure about items, especially for Monky since I don't play but maybe try going for critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Those are becoming the heavy hitter stats for all the characters.

The Monster Power thing has been implemented for about a week now and for me it's fun as hell. I've just been going on the highest MP I can handle comfortable and farming. I know some people who created entirely new characters and started fresh at MP10 and they're claiming it's a ball and a half.

Thanks, I started to think the same thing about resists after a while. I would spend all my money on armor with 40+ arcane and 40+ all resist, but eventually the returns got super diminishing. (An extra 200 resist will give me like a 2% bonus lol).

So I think I'm going to have to re-do my build a little bit. Critical hit and damage definitely seem to be the way to go. I'm also gonna see if I can trade some resist for Vit/Life on Hit with relative ease. Of course, I'm going to have to start farming pretty hard to get the money to afford this, but it seems like a good plan.

Sarye

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just a lost a bid for an amulet with 97 crit damage and 7.5 crit chance and a socket.. it sold for 3.5M!
Seriously, it's not fair. I put in a higher bid, but by the time it took for it to register and tell me there's a higher bid, it was already over.

Why is it so fucking hard for them to put a comma between the numbers? I get confused when there's little time and I want to put in a higher number than the one suggested and I lost time trying to figure out if I didn't put in 34M instead of 3.4M
sucks but next time space out your presses so that you don't need to count the zeros.

for example if you're putting in 30,000,000 you will do 3-0 (wait a sec) 0-0-0 quickly (wait a sec) 0-0-0

You'll save yourself a lot of headache and accidental price errors

MrDaravon

Hmmm, looks like I could spend most of my money (about 13 million) to swap out my belt and pants. I would gain a total of about 10k unbuffed damage (~117k to ~127k) and gain 12% movement speed, but would lose about 10k HP dropping me to about 28k Health as a DH. Decisions, decisions.

turnbuckle

How does the "adds X% to poison damage" stuff work? Does it increase the power but only for the skills that deal poison damage, or does it just take my damage, slaps a 7% poison damage bonus on top of it and calls it a day?

If you're talking about an armor affix, I'm pretty certain it's the latter. My roommate's DPS went up by over 10 grand on his already powerful wizard when he bought a triumvirate. If it's an affix on a weapon, the amount of + elemental damage is already factored into the weapon's stated DPS.

Celegus

If you're talking about an armor affix, I'm pretty certain it's the latter. My roommate's DPS went up by over 10 grand on his already powerful wizard when he bought a triumvirate. If it's an affix on a weapon, the amount of + elemental damage is already factored into the weapon's stated DPS.

I believe that's basically how it works. "+% elemental damage" adds to overall damage, and "+% to elemental skill damage" only does it for skills of that element. I've read that the first type only affects regular weapon damage, so something like a Triumvirate works much better with a weapon that does 600-800 plain damage, rather than one that does 100-300 plain damage and 300-500 poison damage. It's not worded very well in any case.

turnbuckle

I believe that's basically how it works. "+% elemental damage" adds to overall damage, and "+% to elemental skill damage" only does it for skills of that element. I've read that the first type only affects regular weapon damage, so something like a Triumvirate works much better with a weapon that does 600-800 plain damage, rather than one that does 100-300 plain damage and 300-500 poison damage. It's not worded very well in any case.

Yeah, the wording on it is terrible. Basically, the higher your base damage, the bigger the benefit from the +% elemental damage. My friend's was already over 100k, so the triumvirate bonus was huge

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Nah, buffed with Breath of Heaven. I have 87k without...

And man, now that I have over 100k dps, you cast cast overawe mantra and blinding flash, you can pretty much mangle anything in 3 seconds... I think I might have seen a critical doing 450k, which is insane for a monk without dual wield.
Whats the rest of your stats, resist, crit chance/dge? Just curious as that is around my goal.

Has the drop rate been lowered for legendaries? I haven't found a legendary in 2 days. I'm not even complaining because finding a legendary means nothing nowadays, but I just find it odd, since I've been playing quite a lot.

Anyway, I just got a hellfire ring. Crappy roll, so I gave it to my scoundrel :p i got a couple keys from act 1 & 3, now I need act 2 keys :0

Whats the rest of your stats, resist, crit chance/dge? Just curious as that is around my goal.

My monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I actually bought a new ammy and am at 92k unbuffed, but b.net hasn't been updating very quickly.

I've been running at 610 resist / 5.3k armor / 50.5% dodge, and it has been just fine for farming mp 6 effectively.

larvi

They definitely tweaked something as there was an orgy of legendary drops when 1.05 1st hit. Now it's back to being better than it was in 1.04 but not 3 or 4 drops on every run better. From the 15 or so legendary drops I got in the 1st day of 1.05, most of them came from skellies in the crypts and tombs in A1 so my guess is they had them set way too high and subsequently made some sort of an adjustement to bring them to where they should be.

Dahbomb

I actually do think that the first day or maybe the first run of D3 1.05 was rigged. I got 3 legendaries in one run on my very first run... that has never happened to me before. After that it equalized, now I am getting like one legendary every other run which is still much better than 1.04.

My monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I actually bought a new ammy and am at 92k unbuffed, but b.net hasn't been updating very quickly.

I've been running at 610 resist / 5.3k armor / 50.5% dodge, and it has been just fine for farming mp 6 effectively.

I would have thought your resists/armor would be higher since you run with a shield. Our monks have always been very similar with the exception of the shield vs. dual wield. Though, I'm sure you enjoy your block damage reduction as well. Does it block reflect damage?

I have 740 resists, 1000 LOH and 5.1K armor w/ 2.1 APS so I feel like I'm doing pretty well on my survivability. (though horde reflect damage still messes me up MP5+ even with 1000 LOH @ 2.1 APS).

My account is sligtly buffed right now since my enchantress has her buffs on me. My actual DPS is 98.5K and my actual armor is 5.1 completely unbuffed.

Doing this much damage as a monk feels good man. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

MrDaravon

I seem to be fairly consistent with the Legendaries, if I do a few runs a day I'm getting 2-3 a day. I think I had one day where I didn't get any, but the next day I got a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom