• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duress

I don't think I can play this game any more. I went in for an EEG, and it turns out I'm having small seizures with big ones occasionally. Must be all those flashes from my monks attacks. :(

I finished the game on Inferno with my Monk and leveled up a Barbarian and Wizard up to 60. I'm pretty satisfied with how much I've completed.

I get to see a Neurologist next week, and see what they have to say with the CT scan, I got recently. Hopefully, I get something more conclusive.

larvi

I don't think I can play this game any more. I went in for an EEG, and it turns out I'm having small seizures with big ones occasionally. Must be all those flashes from my monks attacks. :(

I finished the game on Inferno with my Monk and leveled up a Barbarian and Wizard up to 60. I'm pretty satisfied with how much I've completed.

I get to see a Neurologist next week, and see what they have to say with the CT scan, I got recently. Hopefully, I get something more conclusive.

Sorry to hear that. I know the flashes from some of the wizard attacks when I play coop can get to me as well, I wish there was a way to turn off some of the effects. Maybe playing with a smaller monitor or turning down the brightness or color intensity could help some?

Holy shit your Hellfire Ring is great.

Way better than the one on your Enchantress lol

If it popped with CRIT DMG of CRIT % instead of STR it would have been flat out amazing. I'll take the LOH and massive dex though.

I like ring farming. It's nice to have something to look forward too besides the standard act III farm routes I did prior to 1.0.5.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
When 1.0.5 came out i found 2+ legendaires a hour for 2-3 days.. now i get 1 every 2 days if im lucky

Yeah the game is just flat-out discouraging. Think I'll probably give it up pretty soon. Haven't found anything worth more than 200k since 1.0.5 came out and in that time I've gone from p29 to p36 with an average of about 390MF (currently at 410MF). All act3.

Oh well.

Shouta

If it popped with CRIT DMG of CRIT % instead of STR it would have been flat out amazing. I'll take the LOH and massive dex though.

I like ring farming. It's nice to have something to look forward too besides the standard act III farm routes I did prior to 1.0.5.

My Monk needs your gear, lol.

Dahbomb

Yeah the game is just flat-out discouraging. Think I'll probably give it up pretty soon. Haven't found anything worth more than 200k since 1.0.5 came out and in that time I've gone from p29 to p36 with an average of about 390MF (currently at 410MF). All act3.

Oh well.
It has been said before but I will say it again...

You have the worst luck in all of GAF. I have been selling items close to a million each day. In fact just as I was typing this I sold a shoulder piece for 400K. I don't even consider myself THAT lucky but then again I did happen to get a key from Act 3 MP1. Dat 10%.

Dahbomb

What MP do you find keys at? If you have to do more than 5 key runs at MP5-MP6 then that is definitely very unfortunate.

I wasn't actually going for a key in that run, it was just an EXP run.

oktarb

This game seriously needs a horde mode. I love the game but I'm very tired of running through all the same content.

How hard can it be to create a couple area maps and randomly generate waves. Garbage waves, elite waves and then a boss wave. Rinse repeat.

FaidSint

Okay, so after looking around a bit, I've got a plan on what kind of gear I want. Of course, its gonna require an insane amount of money and consequently an insane amount of grinding.

I see that people are saying Legendaries are a lot more popular now? Ive got almost 100 hours logged and I think I've got a grand total of like 4 legendaries (before all the new patches). So hopefully I can find a lot more of these when I'm grinding.

So basically my question is: what is the best run to make these days? Back when Act 3 and 4 were super hard I was doing butcher runs, but now I'm thinking Act 3 MP3 might be the way to go. It seems like I can handle MP3, though it is still kind of tough.

Any suggestions on which runs to make? Any groups of GAF'ers that do runs that want someone who's come back into the game to join them? I'm super tanky but low DPS so I could be useful to some glass cannons out there.

M.D

sucks but next time space out your presses so that you don't need to count the zeros.

for example if you're putting in 30,000,000 you will do 3-0 (wait a sec) 0-0-0 quickly (wait a sec) 0-0-0

You'll save yourself a lot of headache and accidental price errors

Good advice, thx :)

Oh, BTW......

I was doing an act 3 run with a friend earlier.... found this. Thought to myself "second set items in 4 days, when my first one ever dropped. that's nice I guess."

CdmZ3.jpg

couple of hours later.....

Act 1 run with a friend. A goblin appears.

SET CHEST DROPS

p4x0m.jpg

0225_tm65.gif

I think in hindsight the probability was about 0.5% - I did most of the runs at MP3. I mean obviously it has to hit someone, but it's still annoying, especially when you find only crap.

I'm doing my key runs at a minimum of MP5. Add me Fenderputty#1180. I always have my game open to just join. Eveyrone is welcome. US server btw.

I know some people seem to still be unlucky, but the legendary items have been raining for me in 1.0.5.

Anyway ... I'm up for helping anyone get keys, machines or ring pieces.

EDIT:

That chest piece is stupidly good. WOW!

Vodh

Yeeehaw. Just found a Tal Rasha's helm. Dunno if it's a good roll, but I'm keeping it! (hence the gem) http://i.imgur.com/qPfli.jpg

This is the second significant upgrade within like 3 in-game hours for my WD. What is this, am I really playing Diablo 3?

MrDaravon

tCjtc.jpg

Holy fuck, I actually found an upgrade! What is this madness?

After this run I'll probably price it; the damage boost shown is with Steady Aim on so it's inflated by 20%, also I'd lose the vit and GF. If it's worth a good amount (maybe based on the int) I might just sell it. Still crazy though, I think this is the only third upgrade in maybe 200 hours I found myself.

Talaysen

The damage reduction from resists is scaled down the higher you go, AFAIK, so there's little point in getting 1k+ resists (the benefits are not returned at that high resist), you're better of lowering them and getting more DPS out of your build.

The resists thing is kind of misleading. It's not that damage reduction is scaled down at high resists, it's that at high resists, increasing armor is more effective. In the sense that adding 100 more resist when you have 1000 (+10%) is less effective than adding 1000 more armor when you have 4000 armor (+25%).

That said, yes, at over 1k resists, it is often better to sacrifice some resists for armor or damage, so you're certainly correct on that part.

Keikaku

That's not nothing, cold stacking Monks can still use this.

Yeah... that's actually quite good.

Edit, better than this that just dropped for me a few mins ago :)

5 million at least. Could be a lot worse man.
Even with that low Dex roll?? That's just 3 points away from bare-ass minimum and the random rolls are nothing to write home about IMO.

I put it up there with a 500K start price and a 15 million BO. If it sells, I'll but a virtual hat and eat it . . . or something.

That's not nothing, cold stacking Monks can still use this.

I hate the fact that there is only one legendary shoulders and it's so fucking ugly on any class.

Also, no random or fun affix on it (not attack speed, crit or anything to make them stand out from these that every one wants for the starck roll of main stats and res)

Goddamn, the Barb set chest is so damn fucking good. I wish Inna's chest would would have AR by default.

They made the Inna suck so DH won't steal them.

THey should have made the Natalya Cloak like this so DH won't steal Monk's Inna chest and let the monk at least two roll of res because we need it

Dahbomb

I hate the fact that there is only one legendary shoulders and it's so fucking ugly on any class.
Not only that but there is basically only one or two good bracers as well as only one or two good glove legendaries. Everyone fucking uses Vile Ward, I am tired of looking at that shit on everyone.

(Is salty because doesn't have Vile Ward himself)

They made the Inna suck so DH won't steal them.

THey should have made the Natalya Cloak like this so DH won't steal Monk's Inna chest and let the monk at least two roll of res because we need it

There's the Inquisitor which is imo, the superior DH chest if you can find one with 3 sockets ( 71-80 all res, 12% MS and up to 550 life regen standard)

Vile Ward is ugly as shit but my Monk is starving for armour. To get one like my shoulders that happens to be a Vile Ward would cost like 100m which is a nice way of telling myself, don't bother

Wallach

Even with that low Dex roll?? That's just 3 points away from bare-ass minimum and the random rolls are nothing to write home about IMO.

I put it up there with a 500K start price and a 15 million BO. If it sells, I'll but a virtual hat and eat it . . . or something.

Even with the primary stat being low, it's still a dual-resist item with good Dex for the slot. That makes it a bit more attractive for Monks; remember that this item rolls all primary and not just Dex. If it had been Int or Str for the primary it probably would have been closer to 1m.

I would have thought your resists/armor would be higher since you run with a shield. Our monks have always been very similar with the exception of the shield vs. dual wield. Though, I'm sure you enjoy your block damage reduction as well. Does it block reflect damage?

I have 740 resists, 1000 LOH and 5.1K armor w/ 2.1 APS so I feel like I'm doing pretty well on my survivability. (though horde reflect damage still messes me up MP5+ even with 1000 LOH @ 2.1 APS).

My account is sligtly buffed right now since my enchantress has her buffs on me. My actual DPS is 98.5K and my actual armor is 5.1 completely unbuffed.

Doing this much damage as a monk feels good man. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

It doesn't block RD. RD is pretty much the only thing that kills me in-game now. It's such a BS mod.

I have less resists because of my pants (which have no phys res, my main res) and I also use inna's chest + andariels. So that's basically 3 piece with very little res on them (43 all together from my chest lol). You could probably gain another 10k dps by switching to innas chest / andy's helm... but then lose HP and resists...

Is there any chest that gives IAS?

I might one day just switch andariels to inna's headgear and get ias from chest. I know tal rasha's gives IAS, but it's an overall crappy chest.

I honestly don't even know what to upgrade next. I could go dual wield and get me a very nice echoing fury (granted I have the money) and I can probably gain 25k dps. But then I'd have to respec a lot of my gear to get more vit, since I'll loke like 6k HP.

Decisions, decisions...

Oh btw, I bought shitty skorn with 390 dex today for 1m, and have been using it to proc sweeping wind. The damage difference is pretty noticeable, and then I just proc and go back to my regular sword and board. Works pretty good.

MrDaravon

How come you use SS you have such a high crit chance already?

Seconded. Once I hit about 35% I dropped SS for Steady Aim, huge difference.

Also in your case I would really, really strongly recommend you get a good Andariel's Visage, it will be way better. You'll lose the 20 disc set bonus, but you can get a quiver with discipline to make up for half of that and still have 50 discipline (assuming you go max) and the increase in damage should more thank make up for the 10 discipline loss. You're also probably due to a better quiver anyway, minus the hatred regen and vit you can get a better quiver than that for probably 10 million tops. The one I'm using now is 15 AS%, +9 Disc, 9.5% crit, 255 Dex and a slot and it was only maybe 6 or 7 million. I'd imagine you could get something similar with Vit for maybe double that if you still have some of that money.

Edit: Also holy shit, get some new shoulders, should cost almost nothing to top what you have there unless you're super attached to the MF maybe, and even then that shouldn't be a super costly replacement. Same for the bracers, you can probably get some Lacuni Prowlers or Strongarm bracers, and even if you want to keep the vit + all resist I think you can get those, but it'll cost more.

Seconded. Once I hit about 35% I dropped SS for Steady Aim, huge difference.

Also in your case I would really, really strongly recommend you get a good Andariel's Visage, it will be way better. You'll lose the 20 disc set bonus, but you can get a quiver with discipline to make up for half of that and still have 50 discipline (assuming you go max) and the increase in damage should more thank make up for the 10 discipline loss. You're also probably due to a better quiver anyway, minus the hatred regen and vit you can get a better quiver than that for probably 10 million tops. The one I'm using now is 15 AS%, +9 Disc, 9.5% crit, 255 Dex and a slot and it was only maybe 6 or 7 million. I'd imagine you could get something similar with Vit for maybe double that if you still have some of that money.

Edit: Also holy shit, get some new shoulders, should cost almost nothing to top what you have there unless you're super attached to the MF maybe, and even then that shouldn't be a super costly replacement. Same for the bracers, you can probably get some Lacuni Prowlers or Strongarm bracers, and even if you want to keep the vit + all resist I think you can get those, but it'll cost more.

One step at a time buddy. :) I just upgraded from alot of garbage today. haha. Still working on making money. I don't like buying little upgrades, trying to buy a nice vile ward as we speak.

I already have steady aim. I'm still using S.S because I already have enough defense to never ever die in mp3. SS is the only way to get more DPS. Also the crit chance works up from your base crit, so every time you do a crit it will start from there and keep going up.

I was also planning on getting a +10disc dead mans for infinite gloom uptime combined with prep. I like the 20 disc bonus too much to change to anadriels. If I really wanted to replace the helm I'd go for a mempo with crit and a socket.

One step at a time buddy. I just upgraded from alot of garbage today. haha. Still working on making money. I don't like buying little upgrades, trying to buy a nice vile ward as we speak.

I already have steady aim. I'm still using S.S because I already have enough defense to never ever die in mp3. SS is the only way to get more DPS. Also the crit chance works up from your base crit, so every time you do a crit it will start from there and keep going up.

Save up for that dub socket 1300 dps manticore! lol.

HenryHSH

Done Act 4 warden 4 times at MP6 and 1 time at MP5 and still no plan...

Best part is his stupid attack that just drains my HP in 1 second.... Zzzz

edit: Finally got it... Try 7. >.>

Diablo GAF, help me price this out. I looked up on the AH and there's only a few with extra mana, a bunch with spirit barrage, but I have no idea how much these stats are worth.

MXqrP.png

EDIT: Looked up spirit barrage on Google, I've never seen any WD use it :/ damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom