• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

That's good for most monks in general, I think. Fists of Thunder is usually the go to skill. I'm one of the few that uses Way of the Hundred Fists when I can, I want helms for that. =(

Not sure if this is any good. I'm guessing good for a Won Khim Monk.

qn63C.jpg

That's a really good helm. Probably worth quite a lot.

Keikaku

Somebody paid 15 mil on buyout for this. That's 5 mil more than other Vile Wards with better stats on the AH . . .

I have no idea what to think anymore but I do thank this anonymous (crazy) person for allowing me to go one step further towards completing my Zunimassa set and generally making my character better.

Found a nats boots today. 100 dex, 82 vit, 75 all res :i putting it up in the AH for 28m, slightly lower than the next one with 100 dex and vit. I'm crossing my fingers :D

Mystery

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but if anyone does Uber runs on higher MP, Stone of Jordan is a fucking godsend. Even though on paper, I lose about 14K DPS by equipping it, my bears crit bosses for over 650K, when before they were critting for about 480K.

M.D

Found a nats boots today. 100 dex, 82 vit, 75 all res :i putting it up in the AH for 28m, slightly lower than the next one with 100 dex and vit. I'm crossing my fingers :D

Are you on EU? If they don't sell (they probably will), tell me.
I think I'll be able to afford them later today =P

Shouta

Oh man, didn't realize I could equip my WD's Temp so well for cheap. 5k DPS and 40% block with 51k HP. for about 200k.

Finally got the Infernal Machine plan after 14 runs

Need to farm for some act 2 keys, but I've got a shit ton of the others

Also found this today after a 5 day dry run. Not sure if legendary drop rates were reduced, or if my luck is slowly dwindling. Either way, this seems to be the most valuable one I've found so far

jpkiX.png

koji

Somebody paid 15 mil on buyout for this. That's 5 mil more than other Vile Wards with better stats on the AH . . .

I have no idea what to think anymore but I do thank this anonymous (crazy) person for allowing me to go one step further towards completing my Zunimassa set and generally making my character better.

Hmmm, maybe he REALLY wanted the extra pick up range, probably something like that, when people look for specific shit they can get pretty crazy, one thing I remember from playing a CC/procdoctor/summoner pre 1.04... :lol

Nice finds toasty and Shouta btw and grats on finally getting those plans :)

Managed to get my first organ piece last night with a friend, we started on mp5 but had to bail, siegebreaker and kulle kept enraging on us, if we made it that far. Siegebreaker had 660mil HP, we dropped it down to mp4, 440mil HP, pretty big difference... I also didn't know that you only need 1 machine to use a portal for your party, I thought everyone needed one.

SeigO

Banned
So is there some balance between armor and AR that people aim for? I'm at 900 PR/800 AR and 4100 armor. I'm thinking it's more important to get closer to 5k armor rather than going for 1k AR because of diminishing returns?

koji

So is there some balance between armor and AR that people aim for? I'm at 900 PR/800 AR and 4100 armor. I'm thinking it's more important to get closer to 5k armor rather than going for 1k AR because of diminishing returns?

Not sure what's true about it but I read you should aim for:

5K armor -> 500AR
6K armor -> 600AR
7K armor -> 700AR

etc etc

That should be more "balanced", probably depends on the class as well but I stopped stacking tons of AR myself a while ago (WD). Got lifesteal/life regen/LOH to compensate.

And yeah armor is more important because it reduces ALL incoming damage before your resists kick in.

Urgh, come on blizzard process my transaction, I need the moneyz to bid on an item... People in the EU are starting to log in and it's going to be too late soon to pick it up before anyone else... :-(

Talaysen

Optimally you want to try to get a 10:1 ratio for armor to resist. The issue is that resist is much easier to get. If you can get 80 resist on a piece of gear or 600 armor, then the 80 resist can still be better even if your armor is too low for that 10:1 ratio. But if it's a choice between 80 resist and 800 armor, then 800 armor is always better if your armor is less than 10x your resist, and the resist is always better if your armor is more than 10x your resist.

So yeah, it's not really an easy question in general. But with 800 AR / 4100 armor, 7 armor is better than 1 all resist. 6 armor is worse. Going from there, getting to 1000 resists would actually be better than getting to 5000 armor.

DHs are so underpowered. That is all.

Good runs tho tonight got a piece of the Hellfire Ring! and Firewalkers and a Vile Ward and a Strongarm Bracers!

Also I'm still really confused lol last night and on the site I had 98k dps. I started up tonight and had 89K DPS. After my Vile Ward upgrade and another upgrade I hit 94k and then 98k DPS again! WTF happened?

DHs are so underpowered. That is all.

Just get Legacy Nats, I hear there are plenty of those

It's pretty screwy since they don't really have the tools to handle situations. If something can't be killed fast enough, that's it. Whereas the other classes have better ways to slowly whittle things down

It's pretty screwy since they don't really have the tools to handle situations. If something can't be killed fast enough, that's it. Whereas the other classes have better ways to slowly whittle things down

MMhmm just spent an hour watching WW barbs and monks shit on elites while I got jailed, vortexed, walled and then one shot...

its not really apparent at lower MP but when you get up you realize how much better monks and barbs even wizards are!

eek5

MMhmm just spent an hour watching WW barbs and monks shit on elites while I got jailed, vortexed, walled and then one shot...

its not really apparent at lower MP but when you get up you realize how much better monks and barbs even wizards are!

Sorry man. To be fair, my monk was getting shit on in mp6 too lol. I don't have enough sustain for that much damage

Can someone give me tips on how to improve my DH via build or item changes? I've been enjoying the Strafe build for a while but I think I'm gonna need something more reliable that can dish out huge damage very quickly.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TurbTurtle-1461/hero/725932

Also I found this ammy, using it on my Barb right now but I'm wondering if I should sell it for upgrades. The closest thing I can find to it on AH has less vitality but more attack speed and crit chance. Just wanna know a rough estimation of its value.
gr7g8.jpg

koji

amulet.JPG

Just was able to snatch this for 45mil on the EU AH, what do you think GAF, was it worth it? Most money I've spend on an item so far, hope it'll last me till the high end Paragon levels.

Picked it up to replace this one (which I sniped for around 500k)

oldamulet.jpg

Sorry man. To be fair, my monk was getting shit on in mp6 too lol. I don't have enough sustain for that much damage

Just means I gotta level up my Barb and get him some equipment. I feel I can make a decent transfer to monk too with some of my pieces.

Vodh

You can probably get something for that but not a lot, there are tons of those on the AH and the dmg isn't great. I fear a couple 100K.

There's a very slightly better one sitting on a 750k buyout with like 8 hours left. Don't think any of the even worse ones priced at 2-3 mil ever sell.

In other news, got myself a pair of shitty Lacuni Prowlers. Don't think I will ever be able to come back to sub-124% movespeeds. I know it was the case with Diablo 2, after playing Assassin i had to take half a year break before I was able to play anyone else because everyone just seemed so damn sluggish XD

Keikaku

Just found these 2 on the same run. Off to the AH to see what I can get for them.

ahH5l.jpg

XTxnl.jpg

EDIT: Where's that GIF again?
z5eki.gif

The Tormentor is basically worthless from what I can see and there also appear to be hordes of Grand Viziers out there.

A Vile Ward and Bracers should be your next move, I think.

It's tough, though. I do want to get a vile ward, with 250 dex I get about 6k dps, buuuuut...

I also lose a heck load of HP.

Btw, NOOOOOOO. They decided to do some maintenance this morning. Sob, 2 hours I can't play.

Man, this game is a little too addicting.

Pretty much this. Having legacy Nats allows me to sit right in the middle of the action and dole out a lot of damage and other things such as spamming Caltrops. Without it, I'd have to play a completely different style with a ton more kiting.

Cipherr

Shit, I have killed like 15 key guys since the patch, mostly on MP3/4 and not a single key drop. Im going to grind through some MP5 kills today. I just want to get A freaking key. Im not even that interested in trying to get the organs and whatnot. I would just like to at least see one drop.... c'mon...

Pretty much this. Having legacy Nats allows me to sit right in the middle of the action and dole out a lot of damage and other things such as spamming Caltrops. Without it, I'd have to play a completely different style with a ton more kiting.

I think its absurd that they dont allow us a way to really increase out Disc regen. We get a passive that uses 1 of three slots, and only returns 1 disc on OCCASSION when we crit. While wizards get guaranteed Mana on crit affixes, WD and Monks can all get affixes that can increase their resource regeneration and Barbs get a passive that gives a constant regeneration of their resource. Night stalker should not only give us a 'chance' at regaining a point of disc on a crit, it should do so 100% of the time that you crit. I mean, that passive has NO secondary effect, at least let it be reliable.

I do have to give them credit for the Boar change though. It really does tank moderately well all the way up to about MP5. You essentially only have to kill the minions in a champ pack, because once theres only one left, the Boar will aggro tank it completely allowing you to just stand back and just shoot to win. That makes the key guys a joke since all but the one in Act 3 just get tanked by your boar pet while you stand back and shoot them to death.

Stripes55

Neo Member
I don't think so, I have been getting legendaries at a regular basis and I don't even play that much.

Yeah, I've actually gotten 2 lengendaries in the last 2 days, after getting a grand total of 3 in the previous 5 months or however long I've been playing.

Unfortunately, they both were bad (a 1000 dps mace with IAS but no crit, and an "I-can't-believe-it's-an-ilvl63" Wizard Hat with no socket). But at least I'm getting them now...

eek5

1.0.5a
Fixed a crash that could occur on a machine with eight or more core processors
Fixed some additional service crashes
Fixed a variety of truncated tooltips (applies only to Italian, Polish, and Russian clients)

patch is up US. not sure about servers

MrDaravon

It actually downloaded the patch but I can't sign in, says still down for maintenance.

Nevermind, I'm able to get on now, everything seems up and running.

Edit: Scratch that, Auction House appears to be down.

Vodh

Started a new sc playthrough with a DH for the purpose of having one Iron Price Only character. Tuned MP up to 10. HOLY SHIT this game is fun :D Even the very start requires you to watch your step and kite a little. Let's see how it goes in the later acts and on NM/hell.

Hey guys I'm using "Battle.net SMS Protect" as protection for my my account.

Is this good enough? I just got my first smart phone, so I wasn't able to use an authenticator before. Should I download the authenticator software, or is the Battle.net SMS Protect good enough?

Thanks.

Revoh

Hey guys I'm using "Battle.net SMS Protect" as protection for my my account.

Is this good enough? I just got my first smart phone, so I wasn't able to use an authenticator before. Should I download the authenticator software, or is the Battle.net SMS Protect good enough?

Thanks.

Use both.

iWP5Z.png

Found this earlier and pretty stoked about it. Wish it had higher ias or crit damage but it's still the best rare I've found in quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom